• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 23.1] A Distant Threat (YE 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wardroom

Umeshu was still sorting out some things mentally as a result of the generally agreed upon decision to have the cookout, when a communication came from the XO Saiga-chusa on the bridge that another shuttlecraft had landed at the base camp from the YSS Vesper carrying more relief supplies, parts and an additional scientist aboard. With all of their minds put together this might be a ground-breaking event and had to be treated with utmost care.

The Shoi nodded to Natsumi's reminder, "Yes, time is certainly of the essence... if everyone is in agreement, then let's get things moving more or less as planned. Yamashiro-shoi, make ready then to use your skills to assist me in piloting the T7 shuttle that will take our science team and cooking detail to the Rixxikor settlement that is just to the north past the abandoned cornfields where we have landed. A Rikugun volunteer infantry squad can either fly with us or meet us there to function as our security detail for the event... with more on call if things get out of hand and we need to be extracted safely."

Hashimoto-shoi then arose from her seat and glanced at the kitchen, tapping her communicator. "Hashimoto-shoi to Lime-hei and Mango-hei; your services are required to win some bug men hearts and minds through their stomachs. Please ready our supply of fish and hamburger patties, as well as some vegetables and fruits to compliment it, along with a portable grill and whatever else you require and load them onto our transport shuttle. We will meet you there momentarily."

Glancing towards the Princess, the purple skinned Neko then bowed her head deeply, honored to be trusted with this task. "Is this all to your approval, Hanako-shosho? If so, I will head to the Lounge right away to procure the mood-altering Lorath wines on the way to the shuttle bay."

Last edited:
Eucharis / Medical

Aikiko moved through the deck after leaving Sam and Candon behind to settle their differences. Seeing the signs for Medical. At least she found one of her objectives. She entered the silent, but well lit ship's infirmary area. She found a seat and removed the pack she was wearing and let it drop near a vacant chair and settled down in it. Relaxing and semi-dozed off. A shower could wait as her memory tried to sort itself out.

Eucharis / Medical

Sam entered the Med Bay. He wasn't feeling so good after his beating. What the fuck was that dude's problem anyway? Surely there must have been rules against such treatment of other personnel. Harassment, that's what it was. Harassment!

Sam stopped when he almost bumped into the pretty girl from earlier. "Um, sorry... W-what are you doing here? There's now shower in Med Bay." Or, at least he didn't see any during his last visit anyway.

Eucharis : Medical

Aikiko shifted at hearing Sam's voice. "Found this place so I decided to wait for the doctor to show." She spoke in her quiet neutral tone that gave no hint what she was thinking along with her usual stoic neutral expression as she reclined in the seat with her eyes closed. "You Infantry?"

Wardroom

Natsumi nodded and filed her orders as she too prepared to get up and head down to the shuttle bay and prep the shuttlecraft for launch once everything and everyone was aboard.

"I may also suggest we bring a decent supply of weapons and some power armor for ourselves to keep in the shuttle, just in case"

"I-I don't know. I was... But, now..." Sam's burnt legs gave out on him and he fell to the floor. "I'm not so sure anymore." He really wasn't in any condition to be fighting anyone.

Aikiko listened and watch Sam collapse. She stood up and grabbed him. Picking him up and then carrying him to a nearby bed. Once there, she simply drops him on the bed. She returned to her seat and sat back down. "Where's the medic? You haven't seen them?"

Wardroom

Umeshu nodded to Natsumi's concerns. "So desu ne, we can't be too careful and it will give soldiers peace of mind to know such things are within easy reach. I'll send a message to the YSS Vesper to see if they could loan us some of their power armor equipment for the mission, as most of ours are no longer serviceable." The Shoi then gave an encouraging smile, touching her hand to the suit she still had on. "We must, however, do everything possible not to appear aggressive at the outset. Standard AMES gear and NSPs only for the contact is what I'd recommend, and deployment of heavier weapon systems only as a necessary protective measure. Keep the shuttlecraft under guard to also prevent theft, as I am sure some of the Rixxikor wouldn't mind getting their hands on something better than a missile launcher and really ruin our plans."

She also had noticed their intelligence officer enter the wardroom proper and she gave him a knowing glance and a bow. The junior officer could see he was in some measure of pain as well from his close encounter. "Suites-hei, it is good to see you have returned safely, though you should consider heading to the Medical Bay with Chasan-hei. We need you in good condition to search for that enemy fighter's crash site and apprehend any survivors or gather whatever data is possible from it."

Last edited:
Reactions: Wes
Zero G Passageway

Jax absent-mindedly hummed a tune as he and a blue-haired, tan-skinned neko technician from the Vesper hauled up a replacement capacitor to go in the place of the melted one.

Power Systems

"Alright, set 'er down here." Jax grunted, once again feeling the weight of the capacitor as they exited zero-g. The duo gingerly set the device down next to the temporary patch. As the cat-man walked to the circuit breakers, the other neko inspected his work.

"...A little crude, if you ask me. Understandable, considering that this is your first day on active duty." she mused aloud. Jax waved his hand at her.

"Everyone's a critic." he grumbled. "Cutting the power."

"Do it."

Once again, this small part of the ship was plunged into darkness, save for the twin lights coming from the FARs. Jax dragged the tool bag, which he'd used from earlier and hadn't put back, over to the patch and began working with the neko to fit the capacitor into the wiring.

Meanwhile, their FARs, who both had the "flirty-woman" personality, were in deep discussion.

"Oh, my cat never takes me anywhere! Not even a valentine's card! All he seems to do is slave away at a computer, writing who knows what, or curl up in a blanket with a bowl of cereal and watch cartoons! About the only time he goes outside is to mess around with airbikes, or go to the bar!" Jax's FAR whined to the other.

"Been there, done that, sister. My cat would spend all day in a dark hovel, reading, if she could."

"Shut up!" both Jax and the neko both growled in unison, not looking up from their work. The two drones scoffed at such rudeness.

"Organic lifeforms..." they sighed in unison.

Soon enough, the capacitor was in place, and Jax wasn't as scared to flip the switch, considering that he had another technician pointing out his errors as he worked. The lights came back on, and an audible hum filled the silence. He noticed the lights seemed to be a little brighter, and the sounds of the ship a little louder, and more lively.

Jax gave his work one last look over and then whipped out his communicator.

"Howard-Hei, Shosho. Just calling to tell ya that we're no longer running on a ghetto-rigged power supply. Over and out."

YSS Eucharis, Wardroom

“Yes ma'am, ” Suites confirmed Natsumi's orders, “I'll retrieve any data I can from the ship too.” With a slight bow he exited the room. On the way to the Med bay he would walk with Taharial and retrieve the shades and FAR from his room on the way.

Before arriving at the Med bay he'd ask a question Samael had mentioned. “Chasen-hei, I had a chat with Darkfire-Hei a few minutes ago and he mentioned a medical practice I'm not familiar with. Did you place him in a confinement area at some point?”

Wardroom

Everyone seemed to get ready to get on their way now and Sigurd addressed Shoi Hashimoto once more.
"Excuse me, ma'am, if Dr. Hemlock joins our crew may I suggest that he jointly with Chasan-hei performs an autopsy on one or more of the remains of the Rixxikor?
For what I already know of him from the Vesper he has quite a medical skill set that would be useful for this task while I have not. When we return from our diplomatic mission I would then sit down with him and compare notes. That seems to me a more efficient use of our scientific resources than to have both scientists on the same away mission."
After a short thought he added: "Oh... and... I've not been assigned a cabin yet. Right now my belongings lay still in the cabins corridor. I'd like to get those away before we leave."

"Medic crazy. Lock in cell. Never treat injuries." Sam complained. He wondered if the ship had any other doctors for a second opinion. Surely, locking in a cell wasn't the proper way to treat burn injures.

Wardroom

"Honto ne?" remarked Hashimoro-shoi to show that she was listening to Sigurd's suggestions. "Hmm... I just became aware of the arrival of Dr. Hemlock a moment ago, but since you seem more familiar with his abilities, I will take your word for it. Chasan-hei will need all the help she can get as she still has injured crewmembers to treat."

The purple-skinned Neko then popped up a volumetric display of the crew cabin's layout before them. "As for the issue with your belongings... since we need some time to get all the cargo loaded, why don't you go ahead and drop them off to either Cabin #4 or #5. We have bunk space there with Murakami-heisho or with Darkfire-hei, respectively. My guess is you may desire the former rather than the latter as a roommate, however... There's also the option of the sleeper module, which currently has Stark-hei there so there should be space for you, too."

Infirmary

Aikiko shrugged as she moved back to her seat and sat, eyes closing to get as much rest as possible. "Well... I dunno. If Canden was correct. You should've been in the P.A. bay getting your Mindy prepped for battle. You'd probably be in better shape. "

Aikiko fell silent, wincing as she suffered through another headache. Her back where her spine connection was on fire and itched fiercely. She peeled off her AMES, and stood up, moving to a mirror to take a look at her back. She lifted her undershirt up and took a look at her back over her shoulder. All around the SPINE interface was a mass of angry looking puffy tissue.

Canden this, Canden that. Fuck Canden!
Sam wasn't about to take orders from someone who wasn't a neko. Sides, he was injured and he belonged here. Woah! Was that girl stripping? He liked when pretty girls took off their clothes without concern for anyone who may be watching. He limped to a closer bed so he could get a better view.

Eucharis: Medical

"Like what you see?" Aikiko spoke loud enough so Sam could hear. "You'd seen a lot more if you was in the Power Armor Bay getting ready like rest of us, instead of being someplace else."

Aikiko stood in her panties and t-shuirt bunched up underneath her bosom, before the mirror at an angle to see her back. Her head turned to look at the reflection of her back, gingerly touching the inflamed area. Ignoring Sam for the moment, she was more concerned with herself at the moment. Her head didn't hurt as much as more and more memory slowly returned once synapses began to realigned themselves.

Wardroom

Sigurd studied the layout shortly and thought about the two options. Shoi Hashimoro was certainly right when she said he would prefer Murakami above Darkfire. But then he would have fewer problems with Darkfire than a possible future female crew member. And the thought of ruining his horny crew mates day having him assigned a male bunk mate had a certain appeal to Sigurd's nasty side.
But there was no unroomed female crew member right this moment and the future was the future. And in the present Sigurd was pretty sure he wouldn't endure Darkfire as bunk mate for very long as Sigurd considered him the dumbest person aboard. And Sigurd didn't like dumb people.
Maybe he wronged his crew mate with that assessment. Be fair Sigurd, he scolded himself mentally You barely know him. You don't really know any crew mate yet.
Sigurd shook his head slightly to brake off his train of thoughts and answered the Shoi: "Cabin 4 it is, ma'am, if Murakami-heisho has no objections." He looked at Mitsuko so as to invite any statement. "Either way, with your permission I'd stow away my gear and meet you at the shuttle shortly, ma'am."

Wardroom

Mitsuko squinted behind her glasses, through the visor of the AMES she was still stubbornly wearing. Her expression made it expressly clear that she had many objections to the idea. However, she couldn't find any that fell on Star Army's official list of complaints worthy of roommate relocation, at least not in the few seconds she had to compose her response before her hesitation became obvious and impolite. The mousy Neko managed not to grimace as she maintained her composure, keeping up that cool, detached facade she'd picked up in the year prior. "I suppose not."

With that inconvenience looming over her, Murakami bowed to the officers before she began to back away. "I should be heading to the Cargo Bay to assist Victory in receiving the supplies and equipment from the Vesper. Please, contact us if any specific items are needed for the away mission. Or repairs." She lingered momentarily in case there were any further orders, before turning to depart.

Wardroom

Seeing the two a little unsettled about the arrangement of billeting, Umeshu was about to interject, but they seemed to be able to come to an agreement without any forcing so instead she offered her encouragement. "I can tell you two are both very detail-oriented types and should get along well. Think of this as just temporary, as we have taken on a significant amount of new crewmembers on this mission and things may need to be shuffled again before long."

Hoshitomo paused a moment as she received some direct communications from the cooks, unfortunately discovering that Lime and Mango had no such portable cooking equipment to utilize for the plan as she had requested. The purple-skinned officer frowned at this major wrinkle, if only for a moment, before turning to the departing Mitsuko. "Matte, Heisho," called out the officer, asking the Neko politely to wait, "I've just been informed that there isn't a portable grilling appliance available to our cooking team. Since I understand that you are a long-serving and most senior-ranking Logistics personnel on the Eucharis, do you know if there is any such thing stowed in cargo somewhere that could have been overlooked?"

Umeshu put a hand to her chin demurely in thought, trying to come up with a plan B should Mitsuko reply negatively to her query. "Or, we may be able to improvise something... do you have any empty SSCC's of a moderate size? We may be able to cut one in half lengthways, and then would just need some salvaged metal gratings to be welded onto the open ends to make a cooking surface. Hmm... but what could we use as a heat source?"

Eucharis: Medical

"I-I, um..." Caught staring, Sam was at a loss of words for a few moments until he got an idea. "Why would injured personnel go to the Power Armor Bay? Isn't this where one goes to seek treatment?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back