• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 24] Looking for Trouble (YE 38)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transport Shuttle, Inbound to the YSS Eucharis

What little Dr. Hemlock knew about the situation could fill a tea cup... and a small one at that. He had been on detached service with a military institute for some time studying a fascinating new kind of a microbe found in deep space. The result of his study had ultimately been... well rather fruitless. They had just been... microbes of no great value. Still, he was eager to get back to work and had been assigned to the ship that had once saved him- the YSS Eucharis.

He had been shoved aboard a small resupply ship as the others were not scheduled for arrival for weeks yet and he was not particularly fond of waiting. However, he soon found that he was far less fond of being carted around like cattle.

"YSS Eucharis this is transport shuttle 2 inbound on your position. How would you like us to proceed?" The pilot transmitted, Thaddeus looking nosily over his shoulder.

Colony Ship Tunnels -> Control Room (?)

Tsuguka's upper lip twitched, fangs exposing themselves in the shadow of her helmet. She glanced at the knightly jousting setup in her hands. Shield seemed to be getting more use as a sludge toboggan at the minute, crawling at an uncomfortable half-slouching angle through the rotting capillaries of this flying junkyard-come-termite mound. Wasn't even the first time. Maybe that wide open, hit-and-run fleet battle she had trained so relentlessly for was never going to come at all...

Well, there was this 'Ruxxels' character, in the flesh.

The red neko didn't raise her gun, but remained half blocking Natsumi with her body. Whilst the XO was busy negotiating, she'd use the time to actively scan the room for any signs of trap or ambush.

Bridge

The purple-skinned operations Neko had her attentions focused elsewhere on the fleet chatter when suddenly a shuttle dropped out of FTL nearby and hailed the flagship. Another little surprise to keep Umeshu on her toes, it seemed. "Shosho, were you expecting a resupply shuttle to arrive?" asked the officer of Hanako, "It seems they have science personnel and equipment to drop off for us. Shall I go ahead and clear them for docking?"

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

"Yes," Taisho Hanako replied to Umeshua. "That shuttle is bring back Dr. Hemlock, who is part of our crew," Hanako explained. "I hope we will get a better chance to know him this time. I did not get a chance to become familiar when he was here before. On a ship this small, I am used to personally knowing everyone. I take some pride in that. Our crew may not be large but it has a large and lasting impact on our universe. Even now, we are determining how this possible attack by the Kuvexians will unfold. That is why we must seize the initiative."

The teal-haired Shosho pressed a button on her control panel. "Away team, this is Eucharis, please report your status," Hanako inquired. "Is everything still peaceful there?"

- - -

Rixxikor Colony Ship - Storage Room

"Yamatai, this isn't your damn barrio," Ruxxles hissed. "The fuck you doing here? You know where you at, cats?"

Colony Ship

"Alls well, so far." Natsumi replied to Hanako over the secure channel to the ship. "We are near what I believe to be their bridge and have just met up with Ruxxles. I will keep you posted"

"We are inspecting your ship before you enter Yamataian space" Natsumi replied. She set her MINDY's scanners to record everything and transmit it to the Eucharis. "You already agreed to submit to this" she went on.

"I need to see your flight path, destination and ships manifest" she ignored the nasty tone and language Rixxles used, sticking to business.

PA Bay

Taharial ran into the PA Bay and panted "Sorry I am late I was..... preoccupied" she looked over at her armour and sighs "I will be coming with you I guess that's why you needed me." She went over to her armour and looked at the others "May I have some help, I always find these hard to put on" she looked down "It is because of my wings they do like to now cooperate."

she tried to get into the armour and it was all went good "Oh never mind they were cooperative this time, so I am ready to go as well" she closed the armour around her and smiles.

Transport Shuttle, Inbound to the YSS Eucharis
“I’m getting... Rixxikor readings?” The doctor said as he fiddled with some of the secondary controls, “Fascinating species. Did you know that, at one time, they were considered nothing but pests?” He lectured the pilot, who was trying to make a landing and deposit them on the Eucharis.

“Uh-hua...” Mouthed the pilot, not really listening as he focused on his task,

YSS Eucharis, Shuttle Bay
“And they lack a sphincter or other sort of bowel inhibiting mechanism. I can’t even begin to imagine how-”

“Yep... that’s pretty gross Doc...” The pilot said distractedly as the transport’s engines cooled down and Thaddeus looked rebuffed,

“Fine then... see if I tell you about the study of their perennial molting patterns Dr. Koss did on them...” He said with a huff, taking his small sack of belongings off the transport. He traveled light these days, a habit he’d picked up as of late. He was only carrying with him his few personal effects in a small satchel and the remainder of his gear was being placed in his quarters.

The pilot shook his head as Dr. Hemlock strolled off towards the bridge. The pilot sighed, glad to have the chatty Doctor out of his hair.

YSS Eucharis, Bridge
Reporting on the bridge, Thaddeus Hemlock made the appropriate greetings and subligations before adding, “It’s good to be back. I’m eager to get back to work. If I may ask... what is the situation, we picked up some vaguely Rixxikor signals on the way in.”

Colony Ship

~~About to make your life very miserable, little roach-bug~~ Aikiko thought to herself as she cleaned most of the slime off her Mindy and weapon of choice, using the manipulator arms. She continuously scanned the area for any signs of other intelligent beings on ship within the vicinity of where the group was at. Looking over room and covering the areas that Tsuguka wasn't able to cover, to include the ceiling of the cargo storage room for any unpleasant surprises.

Cargo Bay

Mitsuko looked up from her busywork as the arrival of the transport shuttle was noted. Once the doctor had been offloaded, she contacted the shuttle pilot and began opening the Cargo Bay doors. It only took a few minutes for the vessel to exit the cramped Shuttle Bay and twist through empty space to reenter the Eucharis through the now open rear Cargo Bay entrance. Hemlock's belongings were scanned and set aside for now, as the Logistics Neko inspected the small shipment they were receiving. After unloading the shuttle with the pilot's help, she sent him on his way.

She wished the Eucharis could turn and leave the Rixxikor behind as well, but they had their orders. The small delivery would keep her busy and distracted for a while longer, at least.

"Hah. We don't have any of those things," Ruxxles told Natsumi, making a tiny shrug with the little arms around his mouth. "The...population...on the ship are changing all the time. And we keep no records of our origin or destination. We are just drifters, you see. Go away and leave us in peace." The insectoid thrust out his crotch and sprayed a mist of bug-spooge into the air for added emphasis.

YSS Eucharis - Bridge

"Much of the crew is over on the Rixxikor colony ship trying to find some sort of evidence that reveals the location of the suspected Kuvexian base in this sector," Hanako succinctly explained to Dr. Hemlock. "The Rixxikor are an incredibly disorganized and disrespectful group so they are difficult to work with."

Rixxikor Ship Storage Room

Tsuguka seemed to treat the insect-man's nasty discharge as a mildly threatening action, and moved her shield outwards with enough force to waft the cloud of particles back in the other direction. Somehow she didn't trust Ruxxle's lack of candor, when trying to decide if the gas might be corrosive or toxic. Acting like an ignoramus would be the perfect cover for subterfuge in this kind of environment, too. Perhaps they weren't even helping the Kuvexians willingly.

"Chui Yamashiro, ma'am..." Squad coms only. The red neko didn't take her eyes off the target, but her patient voice made a concerted effort to sound discouraged with the situation. "Would you like Itto Hei Akiashiro, or perhaps myself, to examine the cargo manually? If the enemy made some effort to hide any smuggled contraband from our sensor scans, it may be more detectable with our basic eye functions."

Rixxikor Colony Ship :: Storage Room

Aikiko raised her weapon and pointed it at Ruxxles at his sudden movement and spraying the air with his spooge. Coming close to removing his member and his walking legs and just for good measure the rest of his torso. She knew that Sho-sho wanted to speak with the rude little bug-roach Ruxxles. Which saved his life and keeping all parts of his body in one piece and attached.

Hearing Tsuguka speak, anything was better than dealing with rude little Roach Bug, Rixxikor were turning out to be. Aikiko continued her surveillance as she listened.

Colony Ship, storage room
The conversation had started before Candon had entered the storage room, all eyes were on the showy display of firepower and he couldn't ask for better lighting conditions.
Perfect...
As he emerged from the tunnel Candon began his ploy. Using a quick pulse and spin of his combined field to clean the surface of his armor he began a two step ploy. He cued his allies PA's to project a holographic Mindy M2-2D programmed to follow Natsumi with each ally's armor cooperating to share the simple workload with perfect detail while he turned himself invisible.

"Hah. We don't have any of those things," Ruxxles told Natsumi, making a tiny shrug with the little arms around his mouth. "The...population...on the ship are changing all the time. And we keep no records of our origin or destination. We are just drifters, you see. Go away and leave us in peace." The insectoid thrust out his crotch and sprayed a mist of bug-spooge into the air for added emphasis.

Seeing his teammates treat the awful mist with such defensive resolve made Suites feel more secure about his decision to go full spy mode. Moving swiftly through the door Ruxxles came from Candon began scanning for anything with electricity.

YSS Eucharis – Bridge

Wazu continued to monitor his screens, comparing what Ruxxles was saying now to what he was saying earlier... the bug getting close to incriminating himself. There was also the biological data on the Rixxikor, the layout of the ship, and the green on the uniform of the new arrival that caught Wazu's eye.
He would give the doctor a quick wave,

“I could use a hand over here,” He said, moving aside slightly to give a better view of the cascading windows of Rixxikor data. “There is a lot of data to digest, their ship structure, the biological materials on the ship, the personality profile of these creatures... What field do you specialize in?”

While Wazu had the same color green as Dr. Hemlock, it he wasn't exactly wearing an SAoY uniform.

The Doctor gave a polite little half smile that hid a degree of excitement in his continuance,

"Oh you know- a bit of this, a bit of that. I was a doctor for a while- taught medical ethics mostly before, well, this." He said as his eyes ripped and tore at the data like a starving wolf.

"But..."

His voice trailed as he reacquainted himself with Rixxikor biology,

"Pathology and xenobilogy have always been of interest to me... these Rixxikor are fascinating creatures." He said interrupting himself mid thought.

"Fantastically unclean. Fantastically resilient. Do you know what it takes, biologically speaking, to maintain an open ended digestion system? Of course you do- but for sake of saying it- germs. Lots and lots of TERRIBLE germs. For example- our mouths are full of them. The only reason we have so many is so worse ones don't take hold."

Thaddeus' tone was rambling, almost forgetting himself, despite his refined manner of speech. It was more like he was talking to himself then to Wazu. He'd seen the tank top but he was a man cultured enough not to ask him about it (discretion being the better part of valor). He, himself, liked to be rather meticulous in his attire but, to each their own.

"In short, the Rixxikor are simple creatures designed to survive in a dirty world- they are the 'worse germs'. We can't play their game. We do have decontamination systems in place- right?" He asked, finishing his rant, a touch of genuine concern (he wasn't a BIG fan of germs, having been a doctor) at the last little bit.

Last edited:
“Xenobiology,”

Wazu would pause for a moment, one could almost hear gears in his head clicking into place. His eyes moving from the new comer, then back to his datapad, then over to the new comer once more... swift but well oiled.

“If something survives the shields and the vacuum of space to make it back here, then it would certainly be worth studying.”

Another pause, the next line of thought locking into place,

“They are on a ship, traveling slowly, and we have the general direction from which they entered the system. How they have survived this long is going to be an interesting question to answer. They probably do not have ST technology or the ability to load memories so these creatures have to be learning as they go. It may be the case that they are quite quick to pick up new concepts. Then there is the biology of the ship. It seems to be barely held together, yet the life support seems to be running fine, not to mention the abundance of food in a dark, poorly lit, ship.

There are implications for farming, Terra-forming, medicine, and life support systems here when we find out the how behind these creatures, but all we have to work with right now is sensor data from the ship and armor team. How about you take a seat? I am more suited to working from the data-pad anyways.” Wazu said, getting up from the chair at the bridge station for the doctor to use.

Last edited:
PA Bay

With a shrug Tony grabbed an Aether sub-machine gun from the rack of weapons. "Um are we teleporting over to that ship? cause I don't know if my suit has a teleporter." She frowned beher helmet's mask. Tony was worried she was going to be more of an liability then an asset, and she hated that idea.

Would I be able to just hold on to one of you?"

PA Bay

Jax thought about this. It was possible to teleport two armors in close proximity. He nodded and bowed, gesturing to the gaping vacuum that awaited them just beyond the shield.

"Ladies first."

Rixxicore Colony Ship

Natsumi's frown deepened. She was glad her armored helmet hid her face. Your ship's computer will have have automatically logged it's course traveled. You will need to give us access to the system so we may access the information" the snowy haired officer stated flatly.

To the others in her team, she replied over the squad only channel, "Begin your inspection" she said in response to Tsuguka's suggestion that she and Akiashiro manually check the ships cargo for contraband. "Be careful though" she added.

She then opened a private channel with Akiashiro, "You need to calm down. You keep bringing up your weapon and aiming it at our host. Keep this up and you may provoke him into a violent response"

Rixxicore Colony Ship

Tsuguka's helmet darted quickly towards Akiashiro, and then back to Yamashiro. The red neko was actually suggesting that only one of them go and investigate, since the other should remain behind and guard the XO... But now the daydream of her standing around like an infinitely faithful protector was looking a little vain in hindsight, whilst Akikio would have been lumped with all the work in the mean time. It was time for a change in strategy.

"Captian Ruxxles, if I may..." The blue-armored face plate dimmed to reveal her angular predatory visage underneath. Her wide-eyed smile was unintentionally terrifying, the kind of toothy grimace that was only practiced in front of a mirror like a martial arts posture. The bug barely had a conventional face, through, so maybe it was good enough?... "My name is Akairo Kyosei. I have been ordered to investigate your cargo. You have the right to assign me a representative to show me all of your... erm, coolest stuff, if you wish."

The way that Toyoe knelt down slightly and angled her head made it obvious to the other nekovalkyrja that this was an act, even from behind. What they might not have guessed is that it was also preparation to dodge the half and half chance of imminent bug splooge.

The plan was simple. Get them into a situation where they didn't want her to look at something, and then look at that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back