• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 27, Part 2] Night on the Beach (YE 39)

Bar

"Nito Hei Feathers!" Tsuguka rolled out the words with a slow pace, either internally enjoying how cute they sounded, or intentionally trying to bait Mehitabel into an embarrassed response. "So I guess what you are saying is that, a competitive prize is worth more than a simple proficiency, since it's against other people?..."

A hand was laid on Candon's shoulder as he passed, giving him a quick glance as if to suggest he'd obviously agree. Of course, one could never be too sure what the plan actually was. Maybe they were simply trying to let the clerk know it was okay to be more assertive, in some contrived way.

Discussion about drink was getting more heated. Ramiro's concept of cutting right to the point of drinking industrial cleaner, it actually had merit, she had to say, but Tsuguka wasn't quite on board with the crew killing themselves for a good time, either.

"Is there actually a known concoction that will cause extreme drunkenness, without any unnecessary tastes or smells?" The oni-catgirl wasn't really requesting it from the barkeep, but was gaining a passing interest. "Pan-Hei's school of thought dictates taste as an important factor, but I must admit, it seems inefficient considering the desired end result. One would not judge the effectiveness of medication, say, for a life threatening illness, based on it's creamy flavor..."

Great, now she was thinking of if it was possible to develop a pleasant tasting Molotov. This night was taking a weird turn.

Last edited:
Bar

Tan nodded a few times, stroke her chin, and answered thoughtfully, "That's simple, drink a solution of 99.9% pure alcohol. The ultimate distilled... let's call it... beverage. No taste whatsoever, I'm told, and logically, yes it would result in extreme drunkenness, especially since your body will have no idea what hit it. I don't aim for drunkenness, extreme or mild, personally.

"Mind you, if the goal is to be utterly stupefied, euphoric, or comatose, other drugs can achieve the effect even more efficiently, without any compromise to the taste. Doctors on worlds without synthetic medicines often prescribe these to the terminally ill, or those who need anesthesia where it isn't available."

Bar

"Eh..." Ramiro interjected. "It really depends on what you consider a 'taste' or not. This girl," Ramiro motioned to Tan, "isn't exactly wrong. Pure ethanol doesn't have a flavor, per se. But it will burn like something you couldn't possibly believe. Something that pure is super dry and will literally suck the moisture right out of you. It would be like trying to swallow a tablespoon of straight cinnamon. It dehydrates your mouth so quickly that everything hurts. In fact, pure ethanol absorbs moisture at such a rate that, if you opened a bottle and exposed it to the air, it would actually dilute itself to somewhere around 95-96% purity after a little while, because it literally sucks the moisture right out of the air."

Ramiro took another sip from his beer as he continued conversing. "So if you're looking for no flavor, she's got the right idea. If you're looking for it to be essentially have no noticeable trait whatsoever, like what, then you're out of look. Short of main-lining pure alcohol straight into your bloodstream, that is."

Ramiro shrugged.

Beach

The blue Neko was oblivious to Jackson's sad memories. She took the bottle from him and tried to match his huge gulp. An impressive amount was gone when she came up for air. She put the bottle down on the ground and grabbed Jackson's hands gently. "I don't know how to dance slow." Freyja admitted.

"I think it's kind of like this..." She said as she stepped closer to Jax. Her hands moved up to drape around his shoulders. "Now you put your hands around my waist, I think." She was trying hard not to think about Junko. Her smell, the way she smiled, her laugh. The alcohol helped. Being this close to the cute engineer was helping a little more.

"Kohosei, can you play something faster, please? Something we can really dance to." Freyja yelled, her voice echoing. She giggled when the sound of her own voice came back to her ears.

Beach

Jax couldn't help it. His face melted into a heavy-lidded smile. The rum was beginning to take hold, and he was in that perfect, "euphoric" stage of drunk. The world was a haze, everything far away and unimportant except for him, the music, the warmth and glow of the fire, and Freyja. The good news was that he was too intoxicated to go red-faced and flee when she put her arms around him and pulled them close together, as he'd been known to do when nekos appeared in little to no clothing, and Freyja's attire was only considered "clothing" by definition.

"Yeah, you pretty much have it right." he affirmed quietly, placing his hands on her hips. And god-DAY-UM did she have hips, he realized. Why Junko would leave that behind was the great mystery of the universe!

Crap, he was rambling!

'Bad alcohol! BAD!'

Jax quickly racked his brain for what little dancing he remembered from his high school prom. It was difficult, because he was drunk, obviously, but he'd also gone to prom drunk. You get the picture.

'Damn you, Flynn!' he snarled internally when he realized he had nothing.

"...Just... follow my lead..." he chuckled and began fluidly swaying to whatever rhythm Takao was strumming up.

Bar
Hanako's World, Bar
"Well I'll tell you a secret, I prefer just being called Candon," he replied to Mehitabel, "So do you have any interests beyond the ship. Hobbies, maybe?"

"It seems he likes it," she said aside to Ramiro as Candon took his beverage without objection. Mehitabel looked about ready to object before she didn't, "If that's what you would prefer off duty, Candon."

"I like to read gun magazines and sleep. Most of my life is the ship, for better or worse," Bel told him honestly enough. After all, Tsuguka had already brought up her obsessive arms hording. She might as well admit that it was a hobby, collecting instruments of death, no matter how inappropriate it might be. Her glass was partially empty, and the alcohol was having its effect as she shrugged, "As Toyoe-heisho said, I have recently bought a lot of guns for very little reason then I can. My parents are financially secure and I have no expenses myself. So why not?"

"Nito Hei Feathers!" Tsuguka rolled out the words with a slow pace, either internally enjoying how cute they sounded, or intentionally trying to bait Mehitabel into an embarrassed response. "So I guess what you are saying is that, a competitive prize is worth more than a simply proficiency, since it's against other people?..."

"That's me," she said dryly when called upon by the Tugboat. If there was bait in the water, it wasn't sweet enough for the bird to take. Or she did earnestly enjoy the nickname. What did make her blush was continuing to press the subject of her modest performance in target shooting.

"It is not an official award, is all I wanted to point out. Proficiency tends to be its own reward," Bel said, looking away from both of them, swirling the remains of her drink a little, "It is not a big deal. My job does not require any degree of marksmanship. By competing I was only indulging my own ego."

Beach

Takao finished the current song almost exactly as Freyja asked if he could play something faster. He tapped the body of his guitar for a moment as he thought, "Hmm, what about this one?" He began to strum a more upbeat song compared to his first. He tapped his foot in the sand for a moment to get the rhythm of the song before stopping once he had the roll going. He began to serenade them with the lyrics,

"Just a Castaway..."

Bar

"Well, that would make logical sense to me. A direct line would indeed be easier to regulate." Tsuguka nodded to both Tan and Ramiro in turn, not really realising that it was supposed to be an undesirable answer. "Even going straight as the crow flies to actual narcotics, it seems more efficient than... Well, whatever is happening over there."

Parting one hand from her chest, she pointed directly at Jax and Freyja wildly throwing shapes. If that was supposed to be the traditional breakup formula, the red neko didn't even want to know. That imposingly tall new Acting Ensign was giving the guitar his all, at least.

"As for you, Methitabel-hei..." Using full titles was basically Tsuguka's verbal tick, it seemed, cute new nicknames or not. A hand grasped her drink once more, but paused itself, wary of how easily she was getting intoxicated only a moment ago. "The fact it isn't part of your job is why I find it impressive."

"Do you want to help me keep an eye on the fish? I'm not sure what the recommended cooking time is when using a flamethrower."

Fire

The Red One said:
"Is there actually a known concoction that will cause extreme drunkenness, without any unnecessary tastes or smells?"

"The NO2 used to charge the whipped cream dispenser can be inhaled. Its a food-grade inert gas so it has no taste... which is to say it tastes like no taste which always seems to taste like minerals to me... If you want to get really 'drunk' for only a few seconds... and there is probably plenty in the medical kits that will do it..." Wazu said sitting down by the fire and taking a drink of water.

"Of course there are other options for ingesting alcohol. Want a cherry?" He held up the jar he had brought with him, cherries that had been soaked in moonshine, "They taste a bit sour, but it might be more your speed than drinking."

The Ocean

Hanako's excuse for going topless struck Saiga as cute, but unnecessary. Night time was, of course, the right time—for anything—and her pale skin looked especially perfect illuminated by the turquoise underglow from the warm sea's biomass.

He lazily dove under when Hanako asked what he thought about her career, swimming an underwater circle around her as he thought about what to say. In truth, her question was a little strange. They'd only met for the first time two years ago when he was assigned as her First Officer, a stint which only lasted a single mission. He was only there to encounter the Rixxikor with the Eucharis before being shuffled off back to a SAINT command and felt like he hadn't the personal experience to comment on her decade with one ship. Of course, he'd heard of the great Taisa Hanako's exploits for his entire career. Crushing Mishhuvurthyar and meeting new species out among the stars were all well-known exploits, along with countless others in between.

"By rights, I suppose you should have a bigger ship by now," Saiga said after resurfacing in front of the admiral, the act itself slicking his shaggy hair back as he stood on the sand so that he could feel the air's chilly bite on his strong chest—not as beefy as Becker's, of course, but clearly capable of serving the SAINT operative well in his profession. "But what would the Star Army be without Hanako and her gunship?" He looked up at the starfield above, unspoiled by the light from any city or military base. "Could we stand here today if not for all the worlds you've explored and all of the foes you've protected us from?"

The veteran Chusa still hadn't really answered her, though, and he knew it. Saiga didn't assume she'd be satisfied with his own rhetorical questions in reply, either. He looked back down at her and shot a warm smile, partly to be friendly and partly because of how she was making the water shimmer and dance in little eddies on the surface. Was she still an elf magician after all these years?

"I wouldn't expect you to be anywhere else, Ketsurui-shosho," he said. "And I'm sure Yui-taisho appreciates that you haven't chosen to put your Task Force flag on an Eikan or Sharie and let Natsu-chan, Ramiro-juni, or Blackberry-chui rip the thing in two with their fancy flying. There is no shame in commanding a small ship if you can make it work harder than an entire fleet like the Eucharis does."

Last edited:
Beach

Freyja's eyes lit up. Her brain was feeling fuzzy. As they danced her concentration started to waver. She perked up a little with the new song. Her head started bobbing to the music. The song's lyrics seemed to strike a chord with her. She released him and started dancing faster, careful not to step on his toes. Her dancing wasn't the best, but her curves probably were distracting enough that it wasn't noticeable.

The Neko was so focused that she didn't notice her volumetric bikini was gone, leaving her completely naked. When the song was over she jumped up and down, then spun in a circle. She got dizzy and fell to the ground laughing merrily, trying in vain to grab Jackson's arm for balance.

Beach

Now that Ramiro's bar was set up and people were starting to enjoy themselves, Natsumi went back to the shuttle to get the item she had brought for her contribution to the beach party. Something the snowy haired neko thought no party was complete without.

She grinned as she re boarded the shuttle and rummaged around in the cargo section. She pulled out her YSS Eucharis emblazoned rolling travel case and lugged it outside. She padded through the sand back towards the bar, a big grin on her face as she reached it.

"You're bar is missing one thing" she said to Ramiro as she hefted the case onto the bar top, opening it. Inside was her karaoke machine and microphones. "Karaoke time!" she announced very loudly as she excitedly started setting the machine up!

Hanako's World, Bar

"Tsu, that flamethrower melts nerimium. You can't cook with something like that," Candon replied, now concerned that his party trick may get him in trouble, "I'm sure someone here knows how to cook it over an open fire."

Candon also didn't want Mehitabel to minimize an accomplishment, "and Mehitabel, any achievement is worth its weight in gold, regardless of necessity. Who knows, one day it just may be what saves your life."

Of course, this was also his go to justification for building a self sustaining corporate entity beyond all legal influence. He could only hope that the Androids he'd programmed around selective parts of his ST data would be successful in their different tasks. He would simply have to trust in his creations so he could serve his Empire without distraction.

"You know, I see a lot of weaponry when I'm on leave. What kind of guns are you collecting?"

Beach

Beach

Freyja's eyes lit up. Her brain was feeling fuzzy. As they danced her concentration started to waver. She perked up a little with the new song. Her head started bobbing to the music. The song's lyrics seemed to strike a chord with her. She released him and started dancing faster, careful not to step on his toes. Her dancing wasn't the best, but her curves probably were distracting enough that it wasn't noticeable.

They were. Enough said.

Jax couldn't help but laugh as the tempo increased. This was the most fun he'd had in months, with most of his time spent starting a company, repairing a star ship, or training. As much as he tried to keep in mind that he was doing this for Freyja's well-being, he couldn't deny that this was therapeutic for him as well. He was so caught up in the night, the music, and everything that when he noticed a sudden lack of clothing, he didn't seem to care. All it did was confirm a suspicion; that Freyja was a complete bombshell. To say that the view had absolutely no effect on him biologically would be a complete lie. Though, for the sake of anyone watching, he bit down on the inside of his cheek and began to think of distinctly unsexy thoughts.

'Puppies! Er, shit, naked Wazu! A Rixxikor in a bikini!'

Unfortunately, the bombshell catgirl dancing before him was a force to be reckoned with. Jax turned on his heel and was about to make a beeline for the surf to avoid displaying a fully-pitched tent to the world, when...

She got dizzy and fell to the ground laughing merrily, trying in vain to grab Jackson's arm for balance.

*MEW!*

*THUD!*

It was dark.

Something had latched onto him and yanked him to the ground. Thankfully, his head was saved from injury. It had managed to land in something soft. It was a strange thought, to think that someone would just leave a bunch of pillows lying around on the beach...

...Pillows that felt like they were made out of-

'Oh shit.'

Fire <-> Bar

Tsuguka took a cherry from Wazu after nodding in robust approval of his plan of action, but was less than impressed by the flavour encountered after biting down. Sour wasn't really doing it justice...

"--Haaauggghh-- How did you even make-" Her face didn't turn red, but that's only because it already was. "-Wazu-san, I don't seem to recognize h-how this is any improvement over-!?"

To make matters worse, Candon had chosen to speak up at exactly the same time, causing her to practically choke on the small fruit before finally swallowing it down. Since nobody had bothered bringing any water to the bar, she stole the glass directly out of the nepleslian scientist's hand instead, gulping the remainder down in one.

"It... It was already on top of the kindling... That's where I found the skewer..." Demonic visage at full force, Tsuguka glanced over at the growing inferno, then back to her superior. Piercing green eyes wide channelled all sorts of rage, triangular ears twitching whilst her hands balled themselves into tiger claws, but the tone remained distinctly cold and utilitarian. There was a large black mass just left of the fire pit, alright... "You... Suites-Heisho, you... Burnt my fish, didn't you?..."

Bar

"Hmm, tasty... " Tan commented, seeming to peer over Tsuguka's shoulder. "I think it might need the fabricator to reconstitute it, now." The number of other things she wasn't paying attention to was a bit conspicuous, ranging from the cherries to the karaoke machine to the nudity, dancing, firearms discussion, off-beat beverage selection, and brainstorming of medically dubious recreational practices.

Bar/Within the Blast Radius

Bel's mouth went through a rapid serious of corner-tics that might have been brief smiles, or the sign of her wanting to vocally protest the sudden attention. Whatever it started as, the winged woman nodded politely to both of the civilian-clad NCOs in turn. "Thank you, both," she said simply, with what sounded like heartfelt sincerity.

"I've been collecting out of the SCSC back catalog, whatever strikes my fancy and can be had for a low price," she confesses, "Although someone did send me a Special Duty Revolver as a holiday present...."

Before she even had the chance to admit to never having actually seen a fresh fish cooked, and that having burning plasma underneath it probably meant they'd need to get it now... When the futility of the situation struck her.

"Now, Toyoe-heisho, there is plenty of food for everyone anyway," Mehitabel tried to be a voice of red around the cheekbones reason as the pleasant warmth of lemony champagne and juniper, whatever that was, tickled her senses, "Suites-heisho didn't meant to... Instantly incinerate.... Your catch."

Fire

Wazu smiled, watching the red one try and deal with the strong taste of the cherry.

"Perhaps it is an acquired taste... Alcohol is a very strong flavor and there is not much you can do to reduce or cover it up besides additional distilling or heavy flavors."

He would fish out another cherry and chomp it down in one bite.

"... Maybe we should take the fish off the fire and adjust the skewer?"

Bar

Candon was confused at first, he hadn't seen a fish near the fire but he hadn't exactly been looking for it when he lit the fire.
"... Sorry," was the only response he could muster. At least he he could be confident that he wasn't far from a hemosynth chamber as he took a gulp of his drink to make dialogue to come hurt less.

Beach

The catgirl was oblivious to his discomfort. She really didn't understand men, although she knew all about the physical differences. A glance down at Jackson revealed her nudity to her. His head appeared to be resting on her exposed blue breasts. Her fuzzy brain had three reactions to choose from. Slap him and run away in embarrassment, pretend she didn't notice or have a little fun with him.

Fuzzy catgirl brain reacted somewhere between the second and third choice. "O-oh, Jax-san.. I didn't think you were this forward." She said shyly, cheeks turning darker blue. Her hand felt something hard between his legs. "Why did you bring your NSP to the beach?" Freyja asked curiously. After a more thorough examination, she jerked her hand away.

"That's not a gun. That means..." She trailed off, thoughts slow from the alcohol. Her eyes widened and she started to giggle. "You like me. You're pretty cute yourself." Before she could second guess herself, she lifted his head and tried to kiss him.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back