• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Acadia [Mission 3.5]: Back into the Frying Pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What?" said Suku, who was working on another Marine's open wounds. The man appearing to not be enjoying the treatment, but he was getting treated well enough. She sighed and furiously finished up her work, patching up the lacerations in record time. With that work done, she strolled over to Phaedra and then looked down at Avel.

"What was she doing before she passed out?" Suku asked.

My god, this week has been fucking horrible, I'm not even sure I want to be a god damn nurse anymore. That bastard Kokuten scares the fuck out of me sometimes, digging in Adrian's head for a brainspider. He didn't even looked phased, and I couldn't even take looking in his direction. Seeing Adrian like that, made me sick, he's one of the few guys on this ship who doesn't want to either fuck me or punch me, and that means something, to me at least. Even worse was seeing Kokuten just walking around with blood all over himself, I mean, he's a doctor, but god dammit it's just freaky, especially when he woke Adrian up.

But, that's not the main thing, that little shit Rico never came by to see me. After he fucking promises, he scats out like a little fucking schoolgirl. I swear to god if I had a dick I'd skullfuck his womanizing brains out. I just wanted to settle a few things, not tie his ass down. But no, he leaves a girl hanging. I swear, I don't need all this shit, as soon as I get some shoreleave, I'm giving Dizzy a call.

As Rico quietly read the entry aloud to Carina, taking care to emphasis his favorite parts, he began to feel a sense of glee. He did enjoy getting under people's skin, even more so when he could see their reactions to his unabashed instigations. Although, the mentions of Adrian did bring up a couple unpleasant memories. Adrian's death reminded him of his own death a little too much. As morbid was it was, the sergeant decided to drown such sorrows by continuing onward with a smug grin.

"Papi," Carina began, looking somewhat confused at some of what he'd said. She however filed a lot of it away for later questionings maybe even asking Suku what some of it ment. "Who's Dizzy?" asking as she stared straight up and getting a odd view of Rico.

"Uh...that's a good question," Rico said ponderously. He had almost forgotten entirely about the mention of this strange individual. Of course, Rico knew of one particular Dizzy...but Dizzy was such a popular name. It certainly couldn't mean what Rico was thinking. "Haven't got a clue, squirt. Friend ah hers, maybe."

Carina responded with a nod. "Can we read some more now?"

"I believe we can," Rico nodded back, selecting the next document on the list and reading it aloud.

The next entry opened up the Post-Alliance file, the next entry popping up.

Oh wow, the last month has been great, with the entire war behind Nepleslia, I've been doing nothing, but WORKING MY FUCKING ASS OFF. I swear to god, I'm going to twist Rober Davis' head off and shove it up someones ass. Who's grand-brand idea was it to force Nurses into Medical School? I wanted to go home, and see some friends, but I guess that's out of the god-damned question.

On the other hand, I met up with Dizzy the other day. She wasn't as flashy as usual, but I can understand that, but the highlight of this was this cutest. fucking. dog. ever. I swear to god, I would HAVE stolen that thing from her it was so adorable. I barely listened to anything she had to say when I had that cute, fuzzy thing in my arms! I almost squeezed it's little head off! Next time some guy wants to hit on me? I'm asking for a puppy.

"I didn't know Miss Suku liked puppies..." Carina pointed out from her perch. "An'...she used to be a nurse? I thought she was a doctor."

"That makes two a' us, shortstack," Rico said in agreement. He didn't expect Suku to have such a girly preference. "And, uh, yeah. I guess she got promoted for being good at...uh...nursin'. Or somethin'." The Nepleslian wasn't too privvy on how the medical staff were ranked and promoted; he preffered to focus on his own position rather than those of others.

The little girl impulsively had an egotistical moment, wishing to see something about herself. Tugging at the datajockey to get a better look at it, she input her own name. Several entries popped up before her and she immediately selected the first one on the list.

The Pad pinged at her request, and then pinged again as it found the first article that mentioned her. The article put forth seemed to be somewhat lengthy.

How the hell do I keep getting dragged into this, and why do I always run into him? Why can't I live a semi-normal life away from this person? Why the hell does Rico Fucking Sanroma always keep popping up in my life? If there is a god, he hates me, he hates me so fucking much.

I go down to see a cousin in downtown Roger Wilco, and the cabby starts being a bitch. So I cuss the sum'bitch out. Then he kicks me out of his fucking cab, and then expects a god damn fare. I throw the fucking DA in his face and walk my own fucking way when lo' and god damn behold, I run into Rico. Oh, and the best part? He has a kid. He goes off and bangs some bimbo, gets her pregnant, big fucking surprise.

The worst part? The guys trying to ditch the girl, [Carina] by the way. When I ran into him, he was trying to get rid of her, he didn't say it out right, but I know Rico better than he thinks. That son of a bitch would leave anyone out high and dry. So what did I do? I offer to 'help out'. Mainly, I'd like to make sure [Carina] gets raised by someone who actually cares about her.

So, now, I'm playing a mom to a kid that's not even mine...

...but I don't mind.

...much.

Rico was more than happy to oblige with Carina's request and share the bounty she had brought him, continuing to read her the results of the search. However, his voice started to get a little less enthusiastic near the middle. Upon reaching the third paragraph, Rico stopped reading aloud all together and tilted the datapad upwards. "Aaaaaaand...I think she's a great lil' kid an' I bet she's a lot of fun," Rico lied, quickly closing the document. The sergeant was a little resentful of Suku's scathing remarks. He had decent reasons for not wanting Carina running along with him. 'What a crock. I'm a fuckin' soldier, what does she expect? I ain't got time to raise some kid on a warship.'

Carina made to grab at the datajockey, wanting to finish reading it before being seemingly sated by what Rico had said. It seemed, that she took after him more then she let on despite that cute and sweet exterior/interior. "B-But...why is Miss Suku so mad at you papi? And...whatsa bimbo?" she looked entirely too confused.

"She's mad at everythin', I dunno why," Rico responded with his honest opinion on the matter. He'd always figured Suku to just be an angry person in general; he hadn't seen a REASON for her to get angry as of yet. Sometimes it was funny...other times, it was a hassle he didn't want to deal with. "And bimbo's are...um... pretty ladies. Let's look at somethin' else." Rico brought the datapad back down to Carina's level and held it aloft, letting her pick something herself once more.

"But...Miss Suku said 'pretty ladies' are hookers'n whores that don' do anythin' and that all she said you like playin' around with. An...an... she wanted me not to be a pretty lady but'a smart one." Carina piped up from her seat wearing a rather cute little smile as she quoted one of Suku's many sermons to her as he brought the datajockey down to her level again. Not knowing exactly what to pick she just chose something at random.

'Jeez, that woman...' Rico thought inwardly, giving a short frustrated sigh. He didn't particuarly like hearing Suku's comments about his lifestyle at all, let alone echoed through his own accidental daughter.

The DataJockey lit up an old entry, a very old one. Infact, the oldest and first entry in the entire segment.

Okay. So, I'm not good at keeping up with things. But Chiaki said that I had to learn to control my anger. I'm not fucking angry, I'm just want my own fucking way.

Okay, I just read that out loud. Maybe Kokuten has a point. He says he helps 'consolidate' his emotions by writing out his daily doings in his own journal. That guy is always so... 'aristocratic', he's quiet and polite even when I punch him in the face. So, I'm going to give this journal thing a try, and maybe, I'll be a little more tolerable of people.

So... I'm writing... asdf jkl;.

Maybe I'll do this tommorow, for now they dragged some guy in. Adrian says he stabbed him with Vigour for some godstupid reason. Looks cute.

Rico yawned loudly as he read out the information, silently decided to think twice before letting Carina pick topics of interest. He didn't find much of it that interesting, save for the little tidbit about himself near the end; it was good to know his charms were still effective. Reading her write about her journal, however, brought up another point of interest he needed to discuss with Carina.

"Alright shortcakes," Rico said as he flipped the datapad back up. "We're gonna surprise Matsobuki, an' I need your help. Whenever you get back to her, tell her ya left the datapad on her desk," Rico explained carefully, examining her face to see that she understood. "Just pretend none a' this happened, and we'll surprise her with the datapad later. It'll be fun, yeah?" Rico pursuaded.

The Datapad pinged at that moment, "Journal viewing, logged." The pad switched back to an idle state, a small screensaver taking up the display. It was a small green dog, tearing at a red flag. After which the dog skipped off screen, and then came back, dragging a red uniformed soldier on the screen. The soldier appeared to be wanting to get away, but the Green dog was too strong and dragged him to the other end of the screen. Blood spatter, ensued, painting the black back-drop, eventually dripping cleanly off. Then, the little, cute, green dog went back to tearing at the red flag.

Carina nodded a little, although she wondered what exactly her father had in store for the datajockey. It could be all manner of things in her mind, mostly though they were leaning more towards good things then bad to her. "You gonna' surprise her with it or somethin'? What'cha gonna' put on it papi? Or do to it?"

"Uh..." the Nepleslian stumbled on his words, silently cursing Carina's naturally inquisitive nature. "It's...a surprise, yannow? I'll...write her a nice letter on it. With a big...happy face..." Rico fumbled with his explaination in a low voice, making sure that anyone around him couldn't hear his ridiculous lies. Even he found these fibs a little distastful; he'd never written a happy face. To anyone. He was embarrased to even think about it.

"Ey! Rico, you gnarly sum'bitch. What'chu lookin' at?" asked a rather hickish voice from behind the two. It was Jethro, one of the many marines on the Acadia, as he came around to the front of them, he spotted Carina. "S'cuse me, sum'bitches." He squatted down and smiled at the young girl, before spitting in an empty can. "That yer DataJockeh'? Nice Corgeh' on tha' back. Didn' know you was all soft'n shit, but it's cool, I ain't got nothin' 'gainst a guy wit' a thing fer dogs. 'Fact, I 'sider it right manly fer a man t'hav'a soft side, iss' really somethin' us Neps been lackin' on ever sense we started doin' all this fightin' shit n'all that..." went Jethro, into one of his infamous tangents, usually not stopping until someone else did. He spit in his can, "You know what I'm sayin', girl?" he refered to Carina, a pair of grizzly looking eyes considering her.

"'Course you don't, yer just a five year old a'somethin' like that. No 'ffense, but yer too young t'understand man talk, y'know what I mean? I'm juss' sayin' that..." He spat in his can again. The blueneck looked up at Rico.

"What was I sayin' 'gain?"

Rico, for that matter, didn't know what he was saying. The Nepleslian's accent was far too thick. The sergeant silently looked down to Carina, hoping she had the answer for the both of them.

Carina stared off blankly for a second before snapping back to reality after the rambling man had finished his...ramble. She then pointed at Jethro and said, "Y-Yo-Your'a sumbitch." giggling as she did so thinking it a funny answer to break the silence.

Her father stared blankly at her for a short moment before doing his best to stifle his laughter.

Jethro's drunk looking eyes, well, he wasn't drunk, but they looked drunk, anyway. His eyes looked Carina up and down for a moment before the blueneck burst into laughter.

"Y'know what? Yer alright, girl." said Jethro, the large, hefty Nepleslian slapping Rico on the arm.

"She's alright, y'know that?" Jethro said to the man. It was then that he seemed to realize something. He shook his head vigorously and then leaned forward, his face uncomforbly close to Carina's. "Ho'shit, we got an add-oh-less-ant on board. What'chu even doin' here, kid?"

Carina thought for a moment before pointing up at Rico. "He's my papi. The child service people said tha' I had to go with him. An' here I am I guess." she shrugged as she spoke.

"SHEWT! You're shittin' me." Jethro responded, slapping his knee. He then slapped Rico on the shoulder again, "Congratulations, Rico, yer gunna be a paw! Y'know what! We oughta' tell tha' whole crew, then get drunk as a mother fucker! I bet even Fian'll drink to that shit!"

Rico's stifled laughter was quickly cut short as Carina explained a bit beyond what was asked of her. With his attempts at breaking the conversation between their exchange were largely ignored, the sergeant rapidly scratched the back of his head and sucked in air through his clenched teeth in frustration. "Alright, yeah, whatever, just keep it to yourself baby," Rico said to their new friend as he gave Carina a strained glare.

"Aw, shit, it's like that? Cause you know, this one time my brother's, uncle's, sister screwed her daddy once, and it was juss' all wrong n'shit, messed up her girly parts n'everythin'. I mean, I don't know if that's tha' case, but I can sure respect if y'want t'keep it quiet." Jethro nodded quickly, he leaned over to Rico, "You didn' screw yer sister, didja'? 'Cause she looks a whole lot like ya."

'What the hell's this guy goin' on about?' Rico thought to himself as he tried to wrap his head around the marine. "Look baby, think what ya want, just keep it to ya'self," he answered back as he stood up, pocketing Suku's datapad as he looked to Carina and waved a thumb to the door. "Let's go."

Carina looked after her father as he gestured to the door, and then back to the odd marine before her. She gave him a smile and waved quite cheerily. "Bye Mister Blueneck!" the girl said as she grabbed her father by the hand ready for him to lead her out.''

"See ya, sweetheart, you take care y'cousin, now!" Jethro waved at the two of them, spitting into his cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back