• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Acadia [Mission 3.5]: Back into the Frying Pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam would catch the Chief in the power armor bay "inspecting" a crate of weapons. In fact, these crates were in the far corner of the bay, positioned so that he could hide amongst them. In fact, the Chief wasn't "inspecting" them. He was leaning against one and keeping an eye on the Power Armor Bay entrance, pistol in hand.

Seeing someone come in, he immediately retracted amongst the crates, getting ready for the very real possibility that he will have to shoot someone today that wasn't a Squid.

Jan grunted, pouting slightly as he wordlessly followed after Sam, deciding that the best thing to do now was to keep a close eye on his squadmate. For His(Spoilers:Her) own safety, obviously. He wasn't sure what he/(Spoilers:She) would do now, and he wasn't entirely sure it would be a good idea to leave him(Spoilers:Her) alone. So he followed.

And then he got the message from Ran. And he placed his face in his right metallic palm, still following Sam into the Power Armor Bay.

Suku slapped Sean across the head.

"Shut the fuck up, unless you want to walk like a cripple the rest of your god damn life." The Medical Officer replied angrily, switching the mixture in the Hypolathe to the osteocell-mixture that she had give Anselm only a short-while ago. With that she jabbed the man in the leg with it.

"Alright, that should help with your knee, but I suggest you stay off it for a minutes, otherwise, you're gunna be falling all over your ass." explained to the damaged Marine.

As the Acadia started to draw down from the recent combat, things were starting to quiet down. People were no longer rushing to and fro, save for the injured as they moved to the nearest medical bays or engineers rushing to report in for maintenance. Luckily, Rico Sanroma was neither… instead, the marine was being forced to play the part of a caring father by dragging his illegitimate child with him to the mess hall. The Nepleslian was a little thankful for the general neglect the recent scenario had put on Carina’s presence; the less he had to convince others that Carina was merely a younger cousin, the better and less-stressed Rico would be. As he approached the bulkhead to the mess hall, Rico glanced back to see if Carina was still following.

As Rico glanced back, he'd notice the little girl trotting to keep up with his longer stride. All thoughts about what had happened just a few short minutes ago seemed to have long since been forgotten. Carina wore a characteristic little eager smile on her face at the prospect of food... even if it was the crap served in the messhall. Even better she'd be eating with her father.

"So, uh..." Rico scratched the back of his neck idly as he did his best to recall just what Carina enjoyed eating. In all honesty, the sergeant could not recollect just what the young girl liked. Or what he had fed her at all, for that matter. "What's sweetcheeks been feedin' ya?"

Carina wrinkled her little nose at remembering some of the things Suku had had her eat.

Suku came into the Medbay with a tray of food from the Mess Hall. It had some of the better foods on it, but mostly nutritional stuff. Like the times before, this one had a cup of chocolate pudding on it. With a quaint nod to Carina, she set the tray down on the table next to the girl.

"Eat your fish, then you can have your pudding, unless you did something juicy, then you can eat your pudding first."

"I ate what she brought me from the mess hall. Was good sometimes...I'd get a tummy ache tho' from'it too... She always brought me sweets with it." Carina piped up. In truth she'd never really cared for the fish they'd served in the mess it just wasn't like it was on Fortuna. "An...an...I steal the desserts off that really skinny stick guy with tha' black hair's tray too. The one who scared me that day when you went and fought on tha' metal station thingy."

Rico didn't have many good memories about the mess hall cuisine. Even their hamburgers were left with something to be desired, and when it came to burgers, Rico was not a particularly picky eater. One look in the mess revealed a particular Nepleslian military delicacy of Bean Soup. Rico wrinkled his little nose at the pallet, placing a hand atop Carina's head as he led her towards the line.

The first attendant behind the counter was the one male kitchen attendent on the Acadia, whom Rico immediately passed for the second attendant, a pretty little thing that he favored far more. The Nepleslian leaned in a little bit over the smoking trays behind the counter, flashing the young woman a debonair smile. "Any chance I can get two servin's for me an' my lil' cousin here? I know she's a civilian pick-up, but she's family, yannow sweetheart?"

The Second attendant bit her bottom lip with a smile back at the Sergeant. A little red flushed her face as she shuffled her feet. Clearly, the charm of the Sanroma had worked its way under this girl’s skin.

"Aw... Rico, I'd do anythin' f'you." said the attendant with a rather heavy Funky City accent, as she got just what the man wanted. She also prepared a smaller serving for Carina flashing a sweet smile to the little girl, "Aren't you juss' a cute thing!"

Carina had opened her mouth to say something about Rico's calling her 'his lil' cousin' when the attendant looked down at her, smiling with a ready compliment. Her mouth closed as her dark cheeks flushed slightly, looking down at her feet as she twisted about from side to side.

Rico gladly took the two trays, giving the girl a single wink as he turned out towards the tables. Navigating his way through the sparsely-populated mess hall tables, the sergeant placed the two trays on top of the table between two ID-SOLs...but didn't take the seat. Instead, Rico simply grabbed the two gelatin desserts and waved for Carina to follow him. "Common squirt, this swill ain't fit for eatin'. Let's take it to the bunks."

Carina took a somewhat longing look at the now seemingly discarded food trays but did as she was told. Her eyes fixated on the jiggly desserts as she trailed after him.

---

Rico sat down on the empty bunk and lightly tossed the yellow dessert towards Carina before taking a small slurp of his own red dessert, neglecting the included plastic spoon entirely. "So, shortcakes," the Sergeant said as he idly swished the gelatinous dessert in his mouth. "what's ol' Ironsides been havin' ya do while she's workin'?"

Carina had already been digging into the dessert by the time Rico had asked his question. Looking over to him, spoon still in her mouth she pulled it out and swallowed before speaking. "Uhm...She was teachin' me how ta use that pointy gun she has... I kept shooting this one guy's picture in his reaaaallly big nose.. Miss Suku was sayin' I was good with it. But...when people started comin' in she made me hide in a cabinet and gave me this," she waved the datajockey in her free hand. "Ta' play with."

'Really big nose...must mean Chief Rui,' Rico pondered as he tipped another bit of gelatin into his mouth. 'That goddamn needle thing too...better keep an eye on that 'fore it gets outta hand.' He didn't want to get accidentally injected, after all...there was enough danger of that from simply approaching the new doctor on assignment. When Carina produced a datapad, however, Rico's interest was further piqued. The Sergeant playfully snatched the device out of Carina's hand, giving it a quick once-over with one hand. "So she gave ya this ta' play with," Rico repeated as he thumbed off of the screensaver on the Datajockey.

Carina nodded as she went back to consuming her gelatin. "Yeah...I didn' get'ta give it back to her since she was bein' scary..."

Suku's Datajockey opened to reveal a background that consisted of a picture of the original Medical Crew of the Alliance, there stood Suku in green with Kokuten Chiaki and Adrian Decane flanking her. All three saluting to the camera, smiling, Adrian with a particularly dope smile. Several Icons littered the corners of her screen. One folder was labeled games, one was labeled documents, a link to her e-mail account, and several other small shortcuts that lead to some individual pictures and documents. One of the short-cutted documents was titled, 'For those who aren't Suku'.

Rico received several mixed feelings from the initial background. Kokuten Chiaki...Rico hadn't seen that one for a while. Last he heard, the poor bastard was jumping trains in some crazy woman's broken station. Adrian Decane...Rico wasn't too broken up about not seeing THAT guy for a while, although it did stir up some particularly funny moments. Particularly his last great promotion. And then, there was Suku Matsobuki, giving the camera one of her rare smiles. The sergeant wasn't too sure how to feel about that one.

"'For those who aren't Suku...?'" Rico repeated as his eyes fell upon the documents. For a moment, he figured it to be some sort of joke; who actually has files prepared for people who've stolen their datapads? Or it could be a trap; Suku did seem to be the type. "...did you play wit' this thing any, squirt?"

Carina looked over to her father again slightly confused. Of course she'd played with it! It did have some fun games on there. Even some halfway decent music. She even found some pictures, and some of Suku's journal entries. The dessert finished she sucked at the spoon a moment before pulling it out of her mouth again while nodding. "Yeah...but Papi...what's purple lingerie? And why'd Miss Suku mention it and you in that? An... why were you guys in'a dressing room together?" she asked pointing to the datajockey in his hand then looking back up to him her expression innocent.

Rico's eyes flashed in menacing delight at Carina's explanation. So much so that Carina's normally embarrassing questions seemed trivial and casual in comparison. "Purple lingerie is pretty underwear," Rico explained with a smile as he lightly pressed the "For those who aren't Suku" file. "An' we were in a dressin' room together 'cause I was helpin' her put it on."

The file popped open the NoteViewer application, revealing an already typed message.

Hello! Clearly you're the stupid shit who stole my DataJockey. Stupid, because you were dumb enough to open and read this. Shitfuck, because I'm going to have you shitting needles when I fuck you over with them. Return my DataJockey, NOW, or I'm going to make good on that promise you thick-headed cock sucker.

Any sensible man who knew Suku Matsobuki would likely be very, very afraid at that moment. The hot-heated nurse was not one to make such threats and not act upon them. It was this very fact that made the warning all-too enticing to Rico. The sergeant smiled widely as he finished reading the warning; of course he was a little intimidated, but the treasure trove of information before him was just too much to pass up, and the danger surrounding the matter only served to fuel his drive. As Rico glanced down at Carina, he also realized that he might actually be one of the few who could actually get away with it.

"Alright Carina, we're gonna have some fun," Rico said as he waved the datapad back and forth, completely forgetting about the gelatin dessert in his hand. "We're gonna read some stories together. Sound good, short stuff?"

Carina's eyes lit up at him actually using her name for once. She bounced on the bed in anticipation at him wanting to read stories with her, and spend time with her. The little girl was all smiles now as she nodded eagerly.

Sitting back on the bunk, Rico's thumbed his way excitedly towards the Documents folder on Suku's datapad, anticipating more juicy information if Carina's past experiences were any indication. As it opened, however, he glanced up to Carina, sitting there expecting him to read a story to her. Without her help, Rico would not have obtained this brilliant blackmail opportunity...it only seemed natural the share the spoils, and he was pretty grateful. Putting on his best grin, Rico patted his lap and waved the datapad in a welcoming motion. "Common squirt, you deserve a front-row seat too."

Within seconds Rico's child had planted herself within his lap with a little 'plop'. She rested her head against his chest, looking down at the datajockey then all smiles still as she waited.

When Rico's finger tacked onto the Documents icon, there were a few icons in the window that popped up. The first was pictures, which apparently had a few files in them. The second, was labeled 'Journal', which had several files in it. The third was a DION Secure File containing the medical records of all the crew on the ship, labeled simply as 'Medical Records'. The fourth was, 'Videos'. There were several other miscellaneous files in the window, but none that seemed too important.

So many delicious choices. Suku's medical files did not interest Rico in the slightest, leaving several other options for his own personal viewing pleasure. For the moment, Rico decided to play along with his own joke and look for some embarrassing journal entries to sate his desire for Suku-related knowledge. One or two other marines passing through the bunks gave the two odd looks, but Rico was hard-pressed to notice, despite the appearance he had been trying to keep up. As Rico selected the journal folder, he chuckled under his breath. Perhaps after waving a few important secrets in front of her face, Suku would think twice before giving him a kidney shot during medical examinations.

Rico's fingers would open up a small selection of era's and times that would lead to the depths of Suku's recorded life and thoughts. Mainly, they were marked as 'Alliance', 'Post-Alliance', and 'Acadia'.

Rico pondered for a moment before choosing the Alliance file. He had many fond memories of that old ship, perhaps Suku's journal would stir up a couple of them.

The Alliance file opened up the NoteViewer, which gave Rico a look into the entry, since Suku had likely never looked back on it since the event at Kennewes, the file opened up at the last entry.

My god, this week has been fucking horrible, I'm not even sure I want to be a god damn nurse anymore. That bastard Kokuten scares the fuck out of me sometimes, digging in Adrian's head for a brainspider. He didn't even looked phased, and I couldn't even take looking in his direction. Seeing Adrian like that, made me sick, he's one of the few guys on this ship who doesn't want to either fuck me or punch me, and that means something, to me at least. Even worse was seeing Kokuten just walking around with blood all over himself, I mean, he's a doctor, but god dammit it's just freaky, especially when he woke Adrian up.

But, that's not the main thing, that little shit Rico never came by to see me. After he fucking promises, he scats out like a little fucking schoolgirl. I swear to god if I had a dick I'd skullfuck his womanizing brains out. I just wanted to settle a few things, not tie his ass down. But no, he leaves a girl hanging. I swear, I don't need all this shit, as soon as I get some shore leave, I'm giving Dizzy a call.

Fian Vel Steyr's eyes reverted back to deer in headlights mode as Avel approached him, still clad in nothing. Whoa, ambush incomin-. And then he was kissed. This was a whole new stunning level of fraternization to him, what made it dangerous was that it felt nice deep inside.

Then an urgent message tone from his Datapad woke him up, it was the special tone reserved for messages from higher up or from Chief Ran. He quickly snatched it from the table behind him, read it, then stood up immediately and awkwardly.

"Ah ahaha." The Nepleslian stammered. "C-captain Peters wants to see me right now, i-it might take a while so go back to your room and rest." He then in one swift motion moved away from Avel and then re-entered the bridge, making sure the door was closed behind him. The female marine could have been looking at him funny when he did that, but the bridge crew including the venerable captain sure was.

The Master Chief met the Captain's questioning gaze and then casually pointed at the XCO control panel, it was of a higher security level than the one in his room and was often used to process SMoDIN orders which was part of an MC's paperwork schedule. The explanation for the sudden entry accepted, Peters then resumed watching the screens.

Fian dragged himself up the bridge stairs to the workstation and then plopped himself on the seat and plopped his head on the desk in exasperation.

Before Suku started treating Sean, Alex took apart the make-shift lath from knives. She took hers and sheathed it and did the same with Seans. She then stayed in medical and helped around.

She walked to Anselm. "Okay mate, I will tune up your new arm. Not there is much else i could do. Or you could." she said and took calibrating device. "Well it woul work anyway, but this will meake it much more easier for you to work with." she added and started calibrating arm. It wouldn't be good if he crushed something with uncalibrated hand.

Avel quirked an eyebrow at the MCs strange behavior. "The guy acts like he's never been kissed before. This should prove interesting." She thought to herself and began putting on the clothes that the MC had given her. Grabbing the towel she scrubbed as much soap out of her hair as she could.

Once she looked presentable Avel began searching the closet and drawers. After a minute she found what she had been looking for; A spare key to the MCs room. She wholly intended to get something to eat as well as rest but after that she was going to pay the MC a little visit.

Pocketing the spare key, she walked out of the room and headed for the cafeteria. She was absolutely starving at this point.

A light sweat started to break out across the Albino's features as Avel came to fiddle with his cybernetic 'oh great, not this again'. As gently as an under-sized ID-SOL could, Anselm brushed the medic away, "nah, I can tune it myself, just- just let me get some rest, I need rest". The marine silently cursed Suku as his body rejected the dosage of osteocell-enhancers, "j-just wrap my ribs, Avel, that's all," he grunted, sitting up with assistance from his new arm and handing the medic a roll of bandages.

When Ran's message arrived, Private Kingston thought it sounded like the Chief was in need of some assistance. So with a grin on his face, Viktor found his way to the Power Armor bay, not too far behind Sam. A few glances located Ran Rui lurking among some of the munitions pushed into a corner, and the Private strode in that direction confidently and without concern.

He stopped a few steps away and said, "Chief, you sounded like you needed a little help getting rid of some... contraband." He grinned at the terminology. "I'd be glad to help a fellow Marine."

Sean glared at her, but did his best to keep the piece at that point. He squeezed his eyes shut when she stabbed him with the hypolathe again, then propped himself up, eyeing his leg. "Ah, no worries there. I don't want to try walking again for a few minutes." He grimaced, and rolled his neck, cracking it. "Whiting out and collapsing is not fun at all, so I'm not trying it if I can avoid it." And to think, I used to wonder why people were afraid of needles. Maybe it's not so much the needles, as the person wielding said needle.

After finishing maintenance on her PA, Phaedra spent the next half-hour stripping down her MPR into several components; cleaning each thoroughly before reassembling the five-foot weapon. Satisfied, she headed out of the hangar and pushed her way through the crowded corridors to her room.

"Time for that shower," thought Phaedra, grabbing a fresh uniform and a towel.

"First I am not Avel. Second, there is medical law or whatever the medical chief calls it and I am of the medical staff so you have to do what I tell you. So you stay put and let me work. You got it luv?" said Alex while she pushed him back into bed. "You're injured and your medicaments are still at work. Just keep still."

Sam had been creeping around the armor bay, trying, and failing badly, to find Ran and execute what she thought was going to be a secret deal without being too obvious. She didn't even manage to keep the look of shocked surprise off her face as Kingston simply... walked in. Not one to ignore an opportunity, though, she muscled her way in beside him and nodded firmly to Ran.

"I'll split 'em with him." She jerked her finger towards the other man.

Avel walked down the corridors towards her quarters. She had eaten several burgers in record breaking time and was now looking to change into a clean uniform before heading back to the MCs room. "damn, how hungry do you have to be in order to find even the cardboard box things tasty?" Her thoughts were interrupted when she bumped into someone.

It took Avel's tired mind a few seconds to figure out who she had bumped into. It was the sniper Phaedra. "Oh it's you. Sorry, I'm extremely tired and.. Need sleep." She couldn't do it anymore. Her hunger was practically the only thing keeping her awake at this point. Now that that was satiated, she was struggling just to stay conscious. "I.." Was all she managed before she fell on her back.

Jan sighed again, standing (mostly) silently behind Sam, not stating out loud how much of a bad idea it was. Not to mention that Jan would never think Sam was the kind of person to do this. Now that he thought about it, Sam himself was somewhat strange.

Sure, Sam seemed to be as gung-ho as any other marine, but his behavior in the medical bay with Suku was just plain odd. Not to mention that when Suku went... low on him, he didn't react in quite the appropriate manner. Narrowing his eyes, the delsaurian studied his squadmate's body. The chest seemed normal and flat for your average male marine, but as his gaze traveled down Sam's body, a smile grew across his face.

With the smile still plastered on his face, Jan turned away from Sam, reaching into his uniform jacket and pulling out a pair of sunglasses.

Well, It looks like our Sam Oliver, Jan placed the sunglasses on his face, looking at the Power Armor Bay's entrance, Is a Sweet Polly Oliver.

"Yes, okay, fine. Just go and look in my duffel and they're all yours. Don't steal my booze or you fuckers are doing laps on the ship's hull." Ran had noticed Jan looking Sam up and down. Of course, things like that weren't really discouraged, but it would be bad for morale if all of a sudden he was dealing with two men who were...like that.

Ran just raised an eyebrow at Jan and simply said, "Whatever you wanna do with them is your business. I don't need to know. And don't fucking tell Suku or you ALL get dragged down with me."

Edward smiled faintly, it was calming down aboard ship and he had some time to himself. silently he trotted to his bunk and pulled out his sketchpad and pencil, he wandered about the ship before settling by a porthole. Outside he could see a panorama of stars and the faint traces of atmosphere that made them twinkle. inspiration took hold and he sat down cross-legged (making sure he was not blocking the corridor first). after taking a deep breath Edward began to sketch.

Anselm stared at Alex for several moments, a bead of sweat rolling down his bruised nose, "...not Avel, fine, still stronger than you- 'm going to my bunk.... Alex" the miniature ID-SOL shouldered past the medic and vacated the bay, heading for his and Talbain's room, which was probably holding a few extra marines as well.

"Alex, Avel, Suku, Sam... too many women on board... Suku's got enough testosterone for three ID-SOLs, so she's fine... Sam... Sam... Samantha... good distraction for Suku, stealing my limelight... other two... not enough, too many" the marine muttered to himself on his walk down the Acadia's corridors, sweating away the metabolic reaction that was eating up the regenerative drugs Suku had given him, oblivious to the packed hallways and sidelong glances he was getting, "...idiot should know better..."

Damn that thug. Just walking from medbay like that. Does he think Alex would let him go? She shaked her head and took a syringe. She filled it with anesthetic. Enough to calm a horse but it was good stuf. It went easy on his metabolism and should do no trouble with stuff Suku injected into him. He won't be asleepl just calm and quiet as a lamb.

Alex went after albino. He was muttering something for himself. Alex just grabbed his shoulder and injected him. Catching him before he could fall down to ground. She was sighing as she pulled oversized marine to the med-bay where she put him back in his bed. "Comfy now big boy? Let's se what we can do for you little mechanical arm." She said and started calibrating his new cyberarm.

Traversing the crowded corridor, Phaedra wasn't too surprised when someone bumped into her. What surprised her was that fact that outside of a PA, Avel was eight inches taller than herself.

"Oh it's you. Sorry, I'm extremely tired and...need sleep," said Avel with glazed eyes. She wavered on her feet.

"I..." was all she managed to say before she fell backwards.

"Whoa!" said Phaedra with wide eyes. Dropping her things, she managed to catch one of Avel's arms to stop her descent to the floor. Phaedra first felt Avel's neck for a pulse: it was normal, but the medic was out cold.

"Exhaustion I guess," she thought. Although Avel might just need sleep, Phaedra wasn't willing to take the chance that it was something serious. Phaedra retrieved her belongings and then hefted Avel across one of her shoulders, grunting at the unexpected weight.

"Gah...she's heavier than I expected. I guess that shower will have to wait..." thought Phaedra. She slowly made her way to the med-bay, there spotting who she assumed to be the Chief Medical Officer. Her nameplate read Matsobuki, and Phaedra recognized her as the crazy woman from Roger Wilco.

"Petty Officer Matsobuki?" asked Phaedra. "I have here Private Avel Sitkeas; she passed out in the corridor."
Phaedra grunted with exertion and placed Avel onto one of the few remaining cots in the med-bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back