• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi Mission 3: Part 2-The Caves of Bowhordia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos had made it over to the medbay and sat quietly, his leg elevated a bit. He had a compound fracture of the leg and a few miscellaneous cuts and bruises lining his body, but nothing worth more than some antiseptic. He let out a low sigh...one of his first missions and he managed to hurt himself. Good job!

Saeki just yawned and still gazed about, watching her comrades move to and fro around the battlefield, patching each other up. Henessey seemed to have things under control rather well.

Ghi snapped out of her trance like day dream. She hadn't noticed Carlos come in, and chastised herslef silently, "Oh hello, what seems to be the ..." Ghi paused, it was obvious what was wrong, what with the boes sticking out of leg, "Ah. Alright, be with you in just a second." Ghi hurried over to the side and picked up a hypospray of anasthetic. "Alright, this should hopefully mean that you won't feel the incredible agony of having your leg brought back into place." She made to inject it into his leg, above the fracture, "What I'm planning on doing is getting that bone back in there, and giving you a dose of stem cells to increase the speed of healing. Any objections?"

"Yeah, thats fine." He managed a slight grin despite the tremendous pain he was in. He would welcome any kind of painkillers, espescially for this part of the treatment.

Ghi injected the anasthetic, which should cut of the pain from the leg. Then without giving any particular warning, as so to prevent the mental psyching up which normally caused pain, she forced the bone back into place, "Yeah that's a nasty wound you got there, bone shattered real good, normally you wouldn't be mended for a long time. Luckily we're in an enlightened age." Ghi said quietly, almost to herself, taking a swab from her pocket and collecting some blood from the wound, then taking a bandage and tightly wrapping the leg "Got to stop the bleeding. Be back with you in just a second." She walked over to the side board, "Megami-sama, can you scan the DNA from this sample, and create stem cells from it?" She inserted it into a scanning device, and only a few moments later, a hypodermic needle was filled with stem cells of Carlos' genetics. Picking it up she went back over to Carlos, and insterted it above the wound, "There, that should start to knit up that wound, and make you feel all better. Now tell me, since you seem to have been in "The wars" so to speak, what is going on down there?"

Carlos had his eyes closed as she set the wound, hearing the terrible snap and scrape of bone on bone. He thanked god he couldn't feel it.

"Madre de dios...not a pretty sound. Ahhh...I dunno, really. I was dropping with them, then I blacked out...woke up with my leg all screwed up and broadcasted an SOS till they found me..."

"It doesn't sound like anyone knows what's going on." Ghi mused, "Well I hope no-one gets injured, although this has been the highlight of my day. What do you think is stopping a full withdrawl back to the ship in order to recuperate and get stock of the situation? That's what I'd do, but then again, I'm not the captain. Not sure I'd want to be really. I doubt you're going to be walking for at least an hour or so, so do you want to lie down here on one of the medbeds, where you can have the benefit of my charming personality, or shall I help you back to your room where you can sleep it off?"

Carlos sat up slowly and rubbed his forehead, looking down at his reset leg. He sighed and smiled at Ghi.

"I dunno...maybe they're just really determined to find out whatever is down there. And yeah, I think I ought to get back to my room and sleep this off. I feel like someone hit me with a bat a few times around my body..."

"Must be terrible for you. Now do you need some help do you think or are you happy hoping back to your quarters? I can offer you a pair of crutches, a Zimmer frame, or my shoulder to help you, and you should better in an hour or two.â€

Daduar nodded in appreciation as Henessey began to patch up the damage in the armor, glad something could be done, no matter how temporary it was. As the man finished up the patchwork, Daduar then stood up rigidly once again and began to speak to the assembled group.

"I'm proud of what we've done so far, my soldiers, it's great to see such bravery in the face of overwhelming opposition. I hope that I can expect this behavior from each and every single one of you in the future. I'm quite aware that I am the new person around here and probably have not been fully accepted as your XO, but I can only hope you give me a try.â€

Eve lifted herself several centimeters above the ground, gliding towards her previous position near point. "Aye aye sir. Standing by." she chirped back. "You heard the XO, back into positions!" she barked without a tone of admonishment. No NDI to do the dirty work this time, Eve. she thought to herself with a smirk. All systems...nominal.

The Geshrin checked her unit summary, and closed it before returning to her display of possible incoming threats, area topography, and minor unit status display for the other armors. Testing her forearm projectors once, they went to her side as she waited for the order.

"finaly back to the battle" roken said to himself he felt a slight pain on his shoulder when he moved it but he ingnored it and formed up with the rest of the group, "Forgive me but do we have a game plan sir, even though im new to the crew of the mikomi fighting is something I know well enough," Roken knew that he might get a lecture on combat protocols but he hoped they had some kind of plan to deal with the next threat...if there is one.

"Yes, sir." Saeki said quietly and turned, slowly ambling back to the group with her rifle clutched against her chest. She let out a quiet yawn, seeming a little bit bored. Despite that, her nerves were keyed up through the rough.

Carlos let out a little cough and stifled a groan, smiling "Ah, some crutches would be good...and uh, no, I have no idea. I think some turrets were firing at us, but I was out or immobilized most of the time back there."

Henessey was a moment delayed in catching up with the group as he stowed his repair gear. Rushing through the process, he hefted his weapon and rejoined the party as it made its way forwards. Ever mindful of his status as a junior and someone who should keep his repair role foremost in mind, he settled into the middle of the formation. Gazing warily over the uneventful, forbidding and lately cratered landscape, he wondered which rock or shadow may be hiding some manner of enemy.

"Okay, lets just try not to get anyone killed," he muttered to himself, forgetting in that way youths and recruits have that he was far more likely to come a cropper than any of the more experienced armours around him.

Daduar looked back quickly and glanced over the assembled group and begin to pick up his pace and cleared the ridge only to be met with a hailstorm of fire. Bright bursts zipped around his power armor as the targeting computer began to track targets for him. Several short bursts were fired off in succession at the first emplacement in a ploom of smoke and fire. The pattern was repeated twice more, each time with an increasingly ecstatic response to the kill, Daduar just felt better doing this type of work.

For a second he weaved out of the way of the incoming fire to send a message to the assembled members of the fire-team. "People, make it quick to that downed ship, it may be able to provide us cover along with a place to rest up for a few hours and set things straight, and hopefully we will be able to find out the fate of the former crew of that vessel.â€

"Of course." muttered Ghi, although it was impossible to tell which statement she was agreeing with, "I'll just get you those crutches." she turned her head to the ceiling, the usual signal for contacting Megami, "Megami-sama, can you make me a pair of crutches please."

A pair of rather nice crutches fabricated in midair, and fell into Ghi's arms.

"Right, here you go. Come to see me again if you find something else wrong, or in the unlikely situation you want someone to talk to.â€

Carlos took the crutches and stood up slowly, placing his weight on them for the most part, to keep it off of his busted leg. He smiled at Ghi and nodded. "Thanks for everything. I'm gonna go catch a little sleep right now..." He hobbled off in the direction of his bunk, moving slowly as he got used to the walking implements.

Finally he made it to his bunk, setting the crutches down against the well and sliding into bed. He laid back and closed his eyes, rubbing his forehead.

"Ugh...what a day..."

Ghi waved her hand semi-dismisively, not picking up her head from the pad. Secretely she was highly disapointed, she had jost lost someone to talk to and was bored to the end of the world. It was now time to do something more creative, or at least usefull with life, something to alliviate the all consuming dullness that was her life at the moment.

"Megami-sama, can you download a 'How to learn basic Quantum Physics' course onto my datapad, methinks it is time to learn." She asked the AI, plucking a subject out of mid-air.

(OCC: Not going to auto the AI on this)

First Sergeant Yamazaki was quick to re-engage her ACS, and spiral in an erratic pattern to avoid fire as a precaution. Arriving at the marked vessel, her systems went to trying to locate the attackers again, assuming they'd shortly be after them. However she wasn't entirely certain the ship would be good cover if they had the power to blow it up while the landing party was standing next to it. Still it seemed the only cover big enough close by. "Sir, orders?" she prompted through her radio. This feels..bad.

Listening to the fire impacting the destroyed ship's hull, all she wanted was fire support. The Geshrin kept herself positioned behind the hull, but not resting on the ground with her deeper anti-dectection systems on quick standby for activation.

The unknown automated defenses did not stop firing as the crew of the Mikomi took shelter behind the downed vessel. It was quickly becoming apparent she wouldn't hold much longer.

After about half a minute of the fire, a shot finally lanced through the potmarked hull, blasting the spot where Bowman, Henessey, and Dauder were positioned for cover. Henessey, being slightly away from the hull, took moderate damage to his suit. The shock to Bowman's suit was not terribly bad until moments later, several blasts being placed through his suit, the PHALANX unable to keep him conscious. The brunt of the damage went to the Mikomi's XO, lancing through his thigh and left arm in what would have easily killed an unarmored being. All three suits sent out an immediate distress to the crew.

Fire point of origin...established. a blipping indicator of the turret that had finally penetrated the hull flashed on Yamazaki's HUD. She waited a long pause to see if anyone would speak up. "All units, this is Yamazaki. Get them out of the line of fire. Prepare to withdraw." she barked quickly, already in an arced flip towards the nearby turret, her Kylie high in the air. The unit already bouncing the Mikomi with an emergency pickup code. Get it or it will kill them! the strained Geshrin thought when her left arm's projector activated through the stealth above the cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back