Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Mission 4] - Phoenixes, Caduceus and Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exiting the shuttle, Crane once again took up Luca's flamethrower. He couldn't help but grin as he contemplated torching a few more zombies. Checking to make sure his knives and few pyrotechnics were still in place, he looked up to Luca and said, "I'm as ready as I'll ever be." Glancing quickly around, he asked, "So, how exactly are we going to disguise ourselves as luggage, anyway?"

"Ah - well." Luca replied with his hand going behind his back, his plan was beginning to fall apart a little, "I'm sure they'll have no shortage of boxes lying about the place. Or if we can't do that, we can just sneak in when the guards aren't watching - the old fashioned way." Now the plan seemed a bit more stable.
"Vincent, Crane, Hitori, Mitch, Mel, Jim, I think this is our shining mom-"

Luca's pep talk was interrupted "Oh - wait. I want to keep an eye on this place too." Mel interjected politely, "You've already got that big bloke with the machete."
"Oh, fair enough." He replied calmly as Mel sat down near the Junker and kept an eye out, then Luca continued: "This is our ... ah ..." He stumbled over his words a bit, his spare hand went to his chin looking for the right words, "Where was I?"

"You were giving us a pep talk for taking on something which no sane man would attempt let alone consider." Mitch pointed out as he pulled out a compass and read east to be *that* way.
"Oh, that's right." Luca seemed to agree with him, "This is our Shining Moment, folks! It's just like one of those Action movies, but this time it's real - so be on your toes!" An ambition induced smile came on his face. He knew he was doing the right thing, and going to have a hell of a lot of fun, "Let's go!"
"I'll lead the way." Mitch volunteered to put his survival skills to the test as he pointed east, "Stay near me. Desert fauna tend to be nocturnal..."

So Luca and the crew of the Phoenix marched, towards possible death, or endless glory through the moonlit desert. It was somewhere around 1:34am, still quite dark.

The dark wasn't so bad. It was calming to Hitori. Soothing, in fact, in its own way. She could hardly see anything, but that didn't bother her much. Most of the group were probably at least a little uncomfortable, but the Geshrin woman walked along, completely comfortable and almost happy. Even though the circumstances were grim, she couldn't help but smile. She kind of felt bad for Luca, whom couldn't finish his speech without interruptions, but that's what you get for not having disciplined underlings, right?

Jim walked behind Luca, letting his flechette launcher hang from its strap. The plan was an interesting one; they would have to disguise themselves as luggage of all things. Not exactly feeling great about the prospect, he decided to go along with it and provide all the power he could. They would succeed, he would see to it they would.

"I should be asleep right now." Vincent commented off-handedly as he scanned the desert with infra-red vision layered over night vision.

"This black ops shit was never cut out for me- I'm huge and was never very good at hiding."

"Black ops?" Luca questioned Vincent, "Nah - They're apparently hell bent on making the world their personal zombie movie - so somebody's gotta stop 'em. Just like in one of those movies."
Of which, Luca had watched way too many in the prime of his life.
"Good guys beat bad guys, then good guys get girls - It's simple, really." He continued, almost tripping over a stone but maintaining his stride.

Hearing this coming from a person who had a bump on the head rearrange his entire life's goals, priorities and ambitions, this was not only somewhat strange, but downright crazy - even to those who had known him for a long time.
"...Right..." Mitch muttered to himself as he tapped his head in Jim and Vincent's direction.

Hitori silently shifted away from the men when Luca said 'good guys get girls'. She didn't want to get included in either category. It would be an interesting night for sure...

"Why would we get girls? We're in the middle of frickin' nowhere, no-one will ever hear about this..." Vincent said in an attempt to ground Luca's delusions of grandeur.

"Yeah - Good point. We are in the middle of nowhere. Oh well. Maybe there's time for that after this..." Luca shrugged.
After another few minutes of walking without much of a word, Luca saw the truck department of the Halogli building up ahead. It had 3 roller doors with truck/shuttle bays for loading and unloading supplies.
Luca didn't see a guard in sight. He checked his watch: It read 2:01 AM.
"Goody - we arrived just when the guards are switching!"

Seeing as though there were 3 depots to leave from, and 6 people to coordinate, including himself.
"Let's split into 3 groups and enter through through one of the terminals each."
Mitch piped up quickly, "I'll stick with Hitori. Trust me - I'm very good at hiding."
Luca had Crane, Jim or Vincent to pick from. "Hmm... Jim, how about I stick with you?"

"I'll go with Mitch and Hitori; they could use the firepower." Vincent stated bluntly, obviously against the thought of attempting to use stealth but going with it anyways. "I know i'm gonna regret this later, but i'm the best armed in the group, and only..." He started counting on his fingers here- "One, two, three, four, five... Okay, almost all of us are military veterans, so if I can lug more guns than anyone else, if someone runs out of ammo they can just swipe mine."

Hitori watched them fight over who would partner up with her. She decided to end the arguments by saying, "I'm sure Luca wanted 3 teams of 2 each. Not only did Mitch volunteer first, but my style of fighting is a bit different then Vincent's. He should probably go with Crane to the third depot." The Geshrin woman glanced behind her to see if any guards had come into site. Apparently, there wasn't any yet.

"right." Vincent removed his BAR from under the trenchcoat and held it at parade rest, thumbing the fire selector between single and burst. "Crane, I'll stick with you then."

Crane gave a nod to Vincent's way, "Neat." He commented.
"I'll stick with Jim then." Luca said as he scanned the garage doors, trying to notice anything. He did take note that there was a series light over the middle garage door providing illumination to the block, "Right, we can just waltz right in, but the other guard might be on his way in and he'd probably have firepower to be reckoned with. Let's try and strip one of their senses down though. Mitch - could you take out that little light thingy?"

Mitch sighed that he wasn't going to shoot someone, but he cocked it and aimed it at the lights. With a squeeze of the trigger, the lights were gone with a -twhip- noise.
"Good. I think we've got a slightly different plan on our hands - Jim and I will take the middle door, Vincent, you and Crane take the one on the right and Mitch - go to the left! Let's move quickly and stay low!"

The three groups scrambled out to the unlit, open garage doors. The interior of the garage was dominated by 3 bays, each big enough to fit a trucks or a delivery shuttle. Some dim lighting was provided, making sight a bit hard and everything somewhat shadowy. There was a large stack of unsorted crates at the east end of the room with an exit in the northeast and a small box-office to oversee what was going on in the northwest corner of the room.

In Vincent and Crane's area, it was calm, there wasn't a guard in sight, but there were some footsteps approaching to see what had knocked out the light outside.
"Who's there?" The voice asked as the sound of a mechanism being snapped in to place was heard. They immediately dropped into the truck bay, and out of sight.
As soon as Luca came in, he dropped down and began to commando-crawl through the truck bay, trying as best as they could to be quiet.
Hitori and Mitch (in spite of his large frame) seemed to blend with the shadows and were able to remain out of sight. They were lying down near the office, away from the window.
Another guard scrambled out of the office with a .45 pistol in hand, looking around for anyone frantically.

The guards here were outfitted in a white shirt, tie, black pants and shoes, had an earpiece and a standard-issue Zen-Arms .45 caliber Pistol.
"An unknown disturbance has knocked out the lights to the front of the truck department - investigating now." He relayed as he stuck out like a sore thumb.
"Sir! See anyone?" The guard from the other side of the room called out while giving a wave.

No - Nobody nowhere. Luca thought to himself as he and Jim kept on crawling through the truck bay fairly unnoticed.

Vincent crouched low to the ground, but he still looked like a fleshy black rock as he slipped quietly towards the door.

"Crane, cover my 6. If you need a weapon, I have plenty."

"Right." Crane crouched behind Vincent with a bit more success at hiding and began to follow him, looking frequently around behind to try to cover all the angles. He still grasped Lucas flamethrower in one hand. Hmm... I probably shouldn't use this, he thought. It'll just light up the whole place and then we'll be seen. He grabbed one of his knives for a moment, but then decided that he should save those for emergencies. "Hey, Vincent," he whispered, still following. "Can I borrow some kind of small pistol just for now?"

"Not very small, but..." Vincent moved a hand underneath his jacket and pulled out one of his massive revolvers, the Lorath Hand Cannon built for his massive right hand.

"Here you go."

"All the same," Crane said as he received the massive firearm from Vincent. "Thanks." Keeping out of sight, he lifted the revolver and aimed at a few boxes to get a feel for the weight.

"C'mon, who's there?" The guard near the office voiced as he walked over to the Truck Bay nearest to Hitori and Mitch, preparing to jump down and look outside.

The guard on Vincent and Crane's end was also about to jump down and investigate, and probably get a full eyeshot of the two unless they did something.
Luca continued crawling forward, thinking that he was remaining unseen - but actually just unnoticed.

Vincent looked around, trying to find a crate massive enough to accomodate his bulk. "Gotta move fast, Crane. Find somewhere to hide." He whispered harshly.

Jim looked about, searching for any guards around them. Luca, there don't seem to be any guards around the doorway, and I can't hear anyone in the area. I'm going in.

With that, Jim ran as quietly as he could up to the door and opened it a crack. He couldn't see anyone on the other side, nor could he hear them. He opened the door a little more and stealthily into the room with his gun at the ready, should anything go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back