• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 4: The Fame and the Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Sigurd could reply to the white-haired Hei, Masako requested the presence of the new recruits. "Please give me your bag, and I will place it in your room. The Juni wishes to speak with you. You may carry your weapon if you like." He turned fully to speak to Kyou. "I can also take your things too, Gunshin-Hei."

"Huh? Oh, sure..." Kaida seemed to have a case of nerves which was distracting her. She handed her bag over to the droid with a bit of hesitation. She paused for a second and sheepishly asked, "Where is the Juni...?" Apparently she didn't hear 'observation deck'.

Tsuya bowed deeply to Masako once more, biting her bottom lip a tad.

"...it is nice to meet someone else from Ichiban, but I am very sorry for trying to pry further, Kurohoshi-juni... I will not be so rude in the future." She paused as the officer contacted the bay. "Will we meet them here, or...?"

"Very well, I see no reason not to, Sigurd-san. Thank you." She nodded greetings to Kaida, and handed her bag off to Sigurd. "Nagamira-Hei, was it? We might as well head up there together."

"The Observation Deck is on the Upper Deck of the vessel and is accessed through the central corridor." MEGAMI magic produced a clear white-blue line starting from where Kaida and Kyou stood, contrasting nicely with the black floor of the multifunction bay. "That directional instrument should guide you to your destination."

The bags were hauled up onto shoulders and into the droid's hands without any visible effort.

Kaida visibly jumped when MEGAMI spoke up to give them directions, making her hand instinctively go to her knife. She took a breath to calm herself however and took in the instructions on where to go, storing that in her memory before finally registering that someone else was speaking to her.

"Hm? Oh, yes... of course." Kaida started off towards the bay first, presumably to get away from her embarassing reaction to MEGAMI's appearance. "And you are...?"

It would not take them long to arrive, of course.

"Gunshin Kyoufuu, Kyou for short. I'm a Santo Hei, infantry specialized." She shrugged as she walked along with Kaida. "How about you? What do you do?"

Masako left Sanjuro standing in the hallway, quite confused with her apparent anger issues with him. 'I don't recall seeing anything about a history of paranoia or schizophrenia in her psychological profile...a recent development perhaps? She wasn't making much sense to begin with...' Sanjuro thought to himself as he watched the small raven-haired neko depart from his sight. 'Perhaps its a temporary emotional trigger...and lighten up?' Sanjuro cast a glance down at his uniform's front, his inexperience with social slang words causing him to take the comment for its face value. '...Kurohoshi-juni believes I am overweight?'

The Medical Officer's pocket emitted a short, shrill ring as he pondered these things in the empty hallway. Quickly reproducing the datapad from its place, Sanjuro nodded shortly and began making his original trek down the hallway. All of these issues with Masako's irrational behavior would have to wait until he had the time to delve deeper into her medical profiles.

Until then, Sanjuro had an obligation to uphold.

"No, you aren't being rude, Yamada-hei. I'm just being overly sensitive over the issue, so don't worry about it," the small Warrant Officer replied as she motioned for Tsuya to sit down. "And yes, we will wait for them here. In the meantime, I'd like to ask you what you expect to be doing on the Miharu. I know you wish to be a part of the Armor Wing, but what type of role do you want to bring to the Wing?" she asked inquisitively as she sat down in a seat.

"Currently, we only have two officers in the Armor Wing. I'm the primary frontline commander, while Claymere-taii is the Ship's Tactical Officer and my direct superior," she began to explain. "Then we have two standard operators, or Riflemen as I call them, Itto Heis Mizuno Yoroko and Nakamura Kai. So we have quite a few roles to add onto the Wing."

Tsuya sat down with a small 'oof,' pulling her bags in front of her so she could keep a close eye on them in case they escaped. Relieved of the duty of standing up, she was free to watch Masako with her curious eyes, which fixed on the wing commander's.

"I... had not thought about it, Kurohoshi-juni. What roles do you need most, or what would you prefer I did?" She offered a sheepish smile. "I think I would be happy just so long as I was in armor."

Yukari was more puzzled than angry.

Right before the ship was set to leave, a message had come across her datapad informing her Personnel Command had slotted one more individual to meet with her. One Miharu had not listed for her. She frowned — he was an armor pilot with his own Mindy armor; he had come from the Fort Ready system of basic training camp enlistees; and he was, most oddly enough, a Yamataian man. Not that he could be a Neko.

Rushing off the shuttle toward a conference room, Yukari left instructions with Miyoko to talk to Sigurd when she arrived back on the ship; he would help her. Hinote Kyohaku ... The name was not one that was rung bells, but a quick inquiry of the station's KAMI resulted in the news articles about the man's ordeal.

It made Yukari even more hesitant. New Nekovalkyrja such as Kyou and Tsuya had no history to bring to the fight, no mired, yearslong context to their lives that framed their views. It made them safer "bets" when it came to the Miharu's sensitive mission. Kyohaku had lived a full 21 years of life — nearly three times as long as Yukari had existed for. How would that affect his perceptions?

The conference room she hastily reserved was at the other end of the base. A message was sent to the young Hei to meet her there.

Just as soon as she made her way to the conference room she had reserved, Personnel Command sent another notice to Yukari about a second individual slotted to meet her - a middle-aged nepleslian caretaker whom was also a 3rd XF veteran. He was filed as a "Chief Petty Officer James O'Donald".

O'Donald's personnel file seemed sadly out of date: the nepleslian man was coming out of retirement since the Species Restriction Order. No recorded cybernetics. Despite the poor condition of his file, it came with a recommendation from Taisho Henry Chen himself for O'Donald's 'exemplary service' onboard the YSS Celia.

The picture she had with the sparse file revealed a human man in his fifties, broad-faced with a full salt-and-pepper beard, thinning hair, friendly gray eyes and a wide grin beneath his mustache. His facial features spoke of a norse descent.

Miyoko made her way off of the shuttle and sought out Sigurd. Fortunately, he was a bit hard to miss, being about half again as tall as most of the other occupants of the ship. "Sigurd-san, the Shosa and I brought back some food as gifts for the rest of the crew... but given the size of the crew, it's quite a lot of food. She asked that I request your help with it."

"Of course, Heisho." Sigurd was already laden with the luggage from the two other newcomers, but some item shuffling around finally freed his hands while equipment hung from the crook of his elbows or from his neck.

The custodian bent down and seized Miyoko's package. "Where to, Heisho?"

Kyohaku breathed deeply as he tried to stay calm and stared at the conference room door. He had made it through Fort Ready, and now was about to enter what he considered a pivotal point in his life: his first interview for assignment. Cameramen he was used to, but it had been a long time since his excitement and anxiousness had been strong enough to make his stomach churn. He fussed a little with the wrinkles in his uniform, breathed in and out one final time to relax, then opened the door to the conference room.

Immediately, he paused. Having worked up the nightmarish vision akin to a court hearing, he seemed surprised and relieved at the fact he could only see a woman in the room. Immediately, however, he tensed up again as he reminded himself of the gravity of the situation. He couldn't afford to lull himself into a false sense of security. For all he knew, having only one person to decide his fate could be a bad thing.

He stepped into the room and closed the door behind him, trying to keep himself calm and away from overanalyzing the situation. Calm...just walk in, bow, and get this over with. You'll be fine. He turned from the door and bowed deeply to the woman, trying to stay relatively calm. It was at that moment that he noticed the clock. Almost five minutes late. ...Hopefully.

Miyoko moved to stop the android from grabbing the additional load, but it was too late. "Er, these can wait until later, if you're busy with the luggage now. Help the others first, then we'll see about this."

Later, after Tsuya had placed all of her luggage in her room...

Tsuya was quite nervous about her meeting with the medical officer. She stood outside the medbay door, too afraid to knock or ask to be let in, just... staring.

The white bulkhead door in front of Tsuya remained closed, the young neko standing just outside of its range for automated opening. There was no sound coming from behind the stark white barrier, the only sounds she could hear being the ambient noises of the Miharu echoing through the hallway.

Taking a deep, steeling breath, Tsuya stepped within range of the door, then waited for it to open before entering the medbay. Surely he won't kill me, she thought... then hoped she was right.

As the door quickly slid open and Tsuya was able to survey the medical bay, it would be come quickly apparent that the Yamataian doctor was not present, just as he had hinted at during their last encounter. The room, instead, was populated by a handful of individuals, patients from the Miharu’s previous mission, silently recuperating in their beds.

Off to the side of the large room stood a small area occupied by a large wooden desk and three cushioned chairs. Although the desk was littered with stacks of papers, three datapads and a neatly-organized set of books near the corner, the small nameplate at the front of the desk revealed that this was, indeed, Sanjuro’s “office”.

Tsuya bowed deeply to each of the convalescents, smiling at them as well and offering some of them a small apology. She crept as quietly as she could over to the desk, where she sat down in one of the chairs. Remembering Miyoko's previous words…
Earlier said:
Miyoko added, "When you report to the medbay for your backup, there are usually several books on the desk that you should feel free to peruse while you wait. Some of the medical stuff have been neglecting to point that out recently."
she selected one of the books from the set... and in taking it, she knocked all the others down, then she set them back up again. Crooked.

The book that Tsuya had picked up was a thin informational text detailed several different types of medicinal plants and chemicals, apparently there as a sort of reference material for the medical staff. Many of the words and numbers detailed throughout the book were rather lengthy, technical and most likely extremely difficult for those not versed in the subject; there were, however, many illustrations accompanying each article, including some very strange looking plants from foreign worlds that a normal Yamataian citizen would never have seen before.

While Tsuya flipped through the book, the door at the front of the medical bay silently slide open once more and Sanjuro Ashitaka entered. Just finishing another process of reading from the datapad in his hand, the doctor slowly began returning it the pocket of his uniform as he turned towards his desk. He didn’t look too surprised that Tsuya was there; after all, he was the one that had scheduled this meeting when the XO had informed him of the new recruits’ arrival. Sanjuro was surprised, however, when he noticed what Tsuya was holding…even more so when his eyes followed up to his stack of books, which had been utterly devastated by Tsuya’s removal of that particular text. So surprised was the doctor that he hastily leaped forward, his eyes in a bewildered state, his hands reaching for the small textbook in Tsuya’s grasp, his voice raising aloud as it broke through the serene quiet of the medical bay in a single word,

”DON’T…!”

Tsuya was utterly surprised by Sanjuro's sudden entrance and shout - she hadn't heard him come in, engrossed in looking at all the pretty pictures in the book she'd selected. When he leapt at her, she jumped in shock, the book flying out of her hands and hitting the poor doctor right in between his eyes.

Sanjuro had just enough time to close his eyes partially before the hardcover textbook struck him, spine-first, between his eyebrows before clattering on the ground. Nary a sound other than a seething hiss of pain escaping his clenched teeth, Sanjuro knelt over and cradled the aggravated area of his head in his hands. However, the medical officer bent himself over a bit too much, and a bit too quickly; and what with Tsuya seated directly in front of him, the doctor’s forehead collided with the top of Tsuya’s noggin with a resounding *CLUNK* of boney flesh upon boney flesh.

The whack on the top of Tsuya's head made the neko topple sideways out of her chair with a gurgle of pain, her ears pressing flat to her skull. However, her spifftastic soldier training let her get to her feet again quickly, and within ten seconds she was bowing to Sanjuro over and over. "Ashitaka-heisho, I am so sorry, so sorry, so sorry...! Please forgive me, I... I never meant to...!"

For a small time, the only noise Sanjuro made as he held his head back, nearly his entire face obscured by his hands, was a hissing sound if seething pain escaping between his clenched teeth. For a minute or two Sanjuro held this position, doing his best to maintain his composure while Tsuya apologized vehemently between bows. Wordlessly, the Medical Officer removed his hands with a long sigh, waving her hand at her to have a seat as he knelt down again, carefully this time, and certain of his distance from her, to retrieve his book from the floor. With book in hand, Sanjuro made his way to the other side of the desk, carefully sitting down and delicately replacing the book back in its original place. Rather, he attempted to return it at first…but after looking at it for a moment, Sanjuro sighed again and simply took all of the books and the ornate book end and replaced each item individually.

”Please…” Sanjuro said suddenly as he finished his completely necessary replacement of all of his books. “Yamada-hei, please refrain from rummaging through my desk during future visits to the medical bay. I have all of my things set in a particular order.”

Tsuya quickly retook her seat, but this time her posture was slumped, her ears drooping like those of a kicked puppy. "...I am so sorry, Ashitaka-heisho... Saito-heisho told me the books were for... visitors, and that it would be alright for me to..." Her bottom lip wobbled a bit. "...I will not touch any of your things. I am sorry. ...is your head alright?"

Sanjuro groaned inwardly as Tsuya revealed that Miyoko had told her that his books were free to read by anyone. He would definitely have to bring that up to the science officer later…just to clear up any misconceptions she might have regarding his things, of course. Sanjuro let this thought slide away as he sat straight in his chair, his hands reaching for one of the stacks of files on his desktop as he looked back at Tsuya with a stone-faced expression, devoid of any discernable emotion. “I am fine. Do you remember why I called you here today?”

"...for my medical evaluation and backup?" The neko's voice was tiny and barely audible, her hands clasped, white-knuckled, in her lap.

“Correct,” Sanjuro replied, flipping through a single manila folder in his hand, his eyes darting around as he skimmed through the information. “Although the medical evaluation also consists of a psycho-examination…part of my job as a medical officer is to associate myself with your personality and act a source of psychiatric help, in case it is required,” the doctor explained in a flat tone. “So while I browse through your personal file, I will be asking you a few questions to help me form a proper psycho-analysis, and I want you to answer them to the best of your ability. Do you understand?”

Tsuya nodded, tensing up a little more. "...yes, Ashitaka-heisho. I will answer whatever questions you put to me. Do you... need me to get a bandage, or something...?"

“No, thank you,” he replied before clearing his throat and repositioning himself in his seat, not bothering to look up from the manila folder in his hands while addressing her. “First off, I can see that you are fairly young and have no listed injuries prior to this position on the Miharu,” Sanjuro started. “However, I personally feel that even injuries that are not major enough to be recorded on a permanent record say much about an individual and their association with injury. Have you ever been injured at all? A small cut, sprained wrist…head injury?”

Tsuya still didn't meet his eyes. "...aside from normal training injuries, no, Ashitaka-heisho. In the simulation I was clipped by bullets from a Demon, but... does that even count?"

Sanjuro lowered the folder and stared at her intently. “Do you think it counts?” Although Sanjuro meant for the question to be said in sincerity, his tone distorted it to the point where he almost sounded bitter, or sarcastic, with he himself apparently not noticing at all.

Tsuya's ears drooped even further, but she answered the only way she knew how. "...yes, Ashitaka-heisho. I was clumsy and careless, and if it had been a real battle, I would be missing my leg."

“Hmm,” Sanjuro replied simply at her answer, staying silent for another moment as he continued through Tsuya’s file. At one particular point, his expression intensified slightly and his eyes narrowed. “It says here that your personality is slightly…unique. Hm…” Sanjuro paused again, his eyebrows furrowing as he pondered how he should approach this.

"...unique? Is... that bad? ...will I be discharged?" Tears welled up in the neko's bright green eyes.

The conversation between Tsuya and Sanjuro had stirred a few of the patients sitting in the medical bay beds awake. A handful of them began conversing between each other silently, respectful of the doctor’s own conversation as they listened in on the intriguing topics. “Yamada-hei,” Sanjuro replied, appearing to ignore her disheartened plea by completely changing the topic of the conversation. “I would like for you to tell me a joke. Your favorite one, one of the funniest you know,” the doctor said, placing the file down and crossing his fingers together on the top of the table, staring intently at her.

Tsuya paused, reaching up to run her fingers thoughtfully over her cheek. "...I am too new to know very many jokes, Ashitaka-hei, but..." She cleared her throat. "...a Nepleslian and a Yamataian walk into a bar, and the nekovalkyrja ducks."

Nothing. Not even so much as a twitch showed across Sanjuro’s cold expression and bored eyes. The doctor continued to stay silent well after Tsuya had finished her joke, as if expecting her to continue as though she had not actually reached the punch line. However Sanjuro was, in fact, simply taking in the joke and all of the meanings it could have. There were, after all, reasons why Tsuya would pick such a particular joke. The file made mention of her timid nature, after all, and Sanjuro had dealt with personalities like this before; perhaps not to such a degree as Tsuya had displayed, but the mechanics seemed to be identical.

“Yes,” Sanjuro said finally. “A very old joke, a classic play on words. The bar, or tavern or drinking establishment as we are led to believe from the several other jokes regarding similar circumstances, is to be taken literally in this iteration as an actual metal rod. And while the Nepleslian and Yamataian ‘walk’ into the ‘bar’, the bar striking them, while the Nekovalkryja simply ‘ducks’ underneath it, escaping the same fate.” Somehow, the joke did not sound nearly as funny as Sanjuro explained each factor of it. If Sanjuro’s reaction was any indication, the joke wasn’t nearly as funny as it sounded period…and the medical officer wasn’t exactly reeling in fits of giggles.

“An interesting choice. Thank you for sharing it with me,” Sanjuro finished in monotone, picking the folder back up. ’Positive reinforcement,’ Sanjuro reminded himself. ’I believe that was positive enough, yes.’

Oddly enough, Tsuya didn't seem so offended at his analysis of her joke. She knew this was supposed to be a psychoanalysis session as well, so it didn't come as much of a surprise. His total lack of reaction didn't cheer her up much, though, and she let out a long sigh - just as he thanked her. That brought a bright smile to her face, and she bowed her head to him. "You are very, very welcome, Ashitaka-heisho!"

Sanjuro broke away from the contents of the folder long enough to watch Tsuya smile and thank him for…thanking her. He found it very odd…perhaps it was another facet of her personality he hadn’t quite nailed down yet. Regardless, Sanjuro simply nodded at her endearing gratitude and readied himself for his next question. “Now, Yamada-hei, I would like for you to describe to me your sex life.”

When Sanjuro finished his question, the entire room suddenly got quiet. The few awakened patients in the room quickly turned their heads towards the desk, staring intently at the back of Tsuya’s head as they, apparently, joined Sanjuro in awaiting a reply.

...Tsuya's face paled, and her ears pressed against her head again. She swallowed nervously. "...is that... strictly necessary, Ashitaka-heisho...?"

“Yes,” Sanjuro said in a flat, simple tone.

The neko blushed. "...I have... never had sex."

Sanjuro tilted his head to the side a bit, looking a little confused. “I’m sorry, could you repeat that?”

"I have never had sex." She spoke more clearly and a little more loudly, just in case that was the problem.

“Never?” Sanjuro asked once again. In truth, he was a little shocked at her reply. “With either gender. At any point in your life.”

"Never, with either gender, at any point in my life, in any fashion whatsoever. I have never been kissed, either,” Tsuya said.

“No passionate kissing, no intercourse of any kind?"

"No."

“I apologize, Yamada-hei, but you must believe me when I say that it is…surprising to hear that even through your time in basic you have not experienced intimate relationships with another individual,” Sanjuro began explaining the methods behind his questions, his voice slightly concerned. “The nekovalkrja race as a whole is meant to be a social one, after all. Younglings have sensual relations very earlier and often keep having them well into their lives. Some…a little more than others…” the medical officer admitted with a shrug. “It is just surprising, to me at least, that one of your personality type did not apparently participate in these activities.”

Tsuya dropped her hands and opened her eyes as soon as she realized that Sanjuro had stopped his disgusting line of thought. His next words, though, brought back her sad expression. "...I am sorry, Ashitaka-heisho. I am... shy, as you well know, and I was focused on my training... I... suppose I am not a very good nekovalkyrja." She hung her head again, ears drooping.

“Well, each nekovalkyrja has her own personality. I would not take it as being a bad nekovalkyrja…just one with unique facets. But, how do you feel about that?” Sanjuro asked again quizzically. “About not having these experiences?”

"...I enjoy my studies, but I am a bit... lonely, sometimes." She sighed - something about Sanjuro's tone, rather kinder than what she was used to, encouraged her to open up. "Especially when my bunkmates at EF-1 would all go to other rooms to... enjoy themselves, and I was left all by myself."

“I see…” Sanjuro nodded, beginning to frantically jot down several notes into the folder. Of course, given the position he was holding it in, it was impossible for Tsuya to see just what he was writing down. For a moment, the doctor remained fairly quiet as his writing pace slowed, surveying over what he had written and mulling over the questions and answers he had presented. Suddenly, Sanjuro stood up from his desk, placing the manila folder face-down in the center. “Alright, I believe that is enough for this portion. We need to get your Soul Transfer in order before anything else. Please follow me.”

Tsuya stood after the doctor and nodded before bowing to him. "...thank you for interviewing me so kindly, Ashitaka-heisho."

“Mm,” Sanjuro nodded, his gaze not falling upon Tsuya as he moved over to the Soul Trasnfer device in a separated section of the medical bay. Taking position near the keypanel and terminal at the rear of the machine, Sanjuro made a motion to Tsuya to suggest she sit down in the reclined seat. “I assume you’ve had one of these before, so you know there will be a moment of discomfort as the device runs. Remember to relax, and try to calm your breathing.”

The neko followed, and then settled down in the seat, laying back and closing her eyes. This, at least, was familiar, and Tsuya had been prepared for it.

After a few minutes of mild discomfort for Tsuya, the Soul Transfer machine began to slowly tone its humming to a stop. Sanjuro unfastened the apparatuses from the neko’s head before turning to the screen to triple check that the procedure had been successful. “Alright,” the doctor said, turning back once again to Tsuya’s reclined body. “I believe we are done.”

Tsuya scooted to the end of the chair, letting her legs hang off the edge, though she kept her good posture. "Is there anything else you wished to speak to me about?"

Sanjuro pondered her question for a moment. “Yes, actually,” the medical officer answered in a straight tone. Although he had this particular question for her in mind since earlier, it would have been against his own personal procedure to have asked it earlier. Now, after all of his assessments were relatively complete, he felt comfortable with allowing her to help him clear up what had been bothering him. “Do you recall our first meeting, in the hallway of the Upper Deck with Kurohoshi-juni present?”

She ducked her head in embarrassment. "...yes, I do, Ashitaka-heisho."

Sanjuro nodded again. “Would you say that I was rude to you during that exchange?” The doctor asked, staring hard at Tsuya with an extremely grave look on his face.

Tsuya's ears drooped, and she looked a little frightened. "...do you want... the honest answer, or the answer that will make you happy?"
Sanjuro stone-faced gaze continued to bore its way into Tsuya’s own expression, intensity growing with each passing second. “I would like to know what you believe, Yamada-hei,” he replied, his voice crackling a small bit near the end of her surnames’ added rank. Sanjuro cleared his throat and awaited her answer.

Tsuya looked like she'd been slapped. The corners of her eyes welled with tears, and she took a very deep breath. "...I thought you were very rude, Ashitaka-heisho."

The Medical Officer grimaced, his eyes trailing off to the side at Tsuya’s answer. “I see. Well, then I suppose I owe you an apology, before you go on your way. I am sorry,” Sanjuro said apologetically. Although it sounded a little unconvincing, given his inability to produce different tone of voice, it was the best he could muster.

Tsuya stood, her face brightening even more than it had before. She gave the doctor a warm, genuine smile. "...thank you so much, Ashitaka-heisho. I greatly appreciate your kindness... I think... we are more alike than I saw before." She bowed her head to him.

Sanjuro tilted his head slightly to the side once more, a single eyebrow furrowed and raised; the doctor had absolutely no clues as to what Tsuya was trying to imply when she mentioned their supposed likenesses. “I…am afraid I don’t quite understand what you mean, Yamada-hei. But I do appreciate your answering my questions with sincerity,” Sanjuro returned Tsuya’s bow with one of his own. “I have another appointment with new crew members soon, and I’m sure you are still in the process of settling in, so…” Sanjuro motioned an open hand towards the bulkhead door the two of them had entered from.

Tsuya's enthusiasm slowly bubbled away, and her face returned to its rather unhappy expression. She bowed gently once more, and then started to walk off. "...thank you for your time, Ashitaka-heisho."

Sanjuro followed Tsuya to the door without a word for the most part. However, he suddenly recalled back to the first greetings they had exchanged in the hallway, before the whole debacle with Masako had started…
’End all visits in a positive manner’ Sanjuro thought to himself, remembering the advice he had derived from one of his several medical examination tips for aspiring doctors. “Yamada-hei,” Sanjuro called out as Tsuya had exited out into the hall. Although he attempted to say it with a smile, Sanjuro’s complete inability to smile, grin or generally display any amount of happiness at all left him with the same, stolid expression.

“I hope that you never visit me again.”

Tsuya had been rather sad as she left, but she remembered their exchange as well - and Sanjuro's parting words made her laugh in delighted surprise, then turn around and wave cheerfully to him as the door slid shut.

((OOC: Back in the proper time frame. XP))

"Hmmmm," Masako hummed in thought as she crossed her right leg over her left and leaned back. "I suppose your role would probably be based on your skills," she replied calmly. "Role wise, I would probably be looking for more riflemen, someone with the capability to be a combat engineer, a sniper, and probably a couple of heavy weapon specialists," she explained before snorting.

"Unfortunately, I don't know how many recruits will be qualified for any of those. Either way, we will probably work up the team a bit so we can build teamwork," she explained before shaking her head. "But that's all for later. Right now, it would probably be prudent to introduce everyone to each other."

Tsuya was still sitting ruler-straight, though she did allow herself the small luxury of crossing her ankles. She straightened her hair a bit, as well.

"I would be glad to do whatever you needed me to, Kurohoshi-juni. Who else is left for me to meet?"

Yoroko's morning had been rather uneventful, she had somehow managed to inadvertantly dodge all of the new crew members as they came aboard. Earlier in the morning she had been setting her personal effects back in their proper places, which of course were completely different than where the good doctor believed they should be, when she discovered a black spiral bound day planner.

At first Yoroko regarded the object with a mild amount of curiosity, at least until she flipped it open and realized it was the one that she had bought the Yamataian. Yoroko slammed the planner down and shouted in frustration at this discovery. At that exact moment a rather fanciful scene entered Yoroko's mind. It involved her stomping up to the doctor, him saying something about how it would affect her blood pressure if she continued walking like that and her shoving the binder down his throat mid sentence, all before abruptly turning around and walking off without a word. Yoroko let a chuckle escape her lips before trying to figure out how to return the gift.

Something clicked in Yoroko's mind, something dark and twisted. What should have disturbed Yoroko the most is she liked it, but that part of her was with the dark part having a small party. Sanjuro was going to accept her gift if it killed her.

"Anou...Miharu, can I ask for a favor? I was thinking it would be a good idea to test Ashitaka-Hei- err the medical team's response time and ability to handle unique and difficult circumstances when least expected. A good way of doing this would of course be to simulate a medical emergency near the CFS units. If I'm correct they emit a sort of EM pulse that neutralizes most electronics nearby, so it'd be a good gauge to measure the analytical skills of the team in choosing appropriate equipment.

An injury such as something involving the spine will of course require the team to be even more selective in their choice of equipment and have a faster reaction time as well. Since it is a test there doesn't really need to be someone with that injury present of course. For an accurate gauge of response time and analytical skills the medical team should probably not be made aware of the test before hand. What do you think? I know I'm not authorized to probably even suggest this, but these kind of situations could present themselves at any time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…