• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 5.0] Darkness and Ice

Kyoka was at one of those more difficult decisions. To leave the creature there alone would certainly be cruel, but they might need all hands they could possibly have upstairs. On the other hand, having one person to watch the creature would at least hopefully keep it alive - but that also meant that they could be ambushed. Another possibility was to leave two members down with the creature, so that one could keep guard while the other tended to the being. Finally, they could just all wait with the creature, but that'd waste more time than they actually have.

Kyoka decided the third option was best.

"Gustav-Juni, Murasaki-Hei, stay down here and tend to the creature. Pull yourselves back into the entrance tunnel so you're less likely to be detected. Report anything you find immediately. Everybody else, let's get upstairs."

The neko entered the middle elevator, keeping the doors open for Arkase and Yoshiro.

The creature limped out of the elevator seeing Kyoka in and her gestures.

"U go... keel Aboka hodi... many Aboka hodi." it said pointing upward. "No manee war...ee.. ooors..." the creature paused... it seemed to be thinking then resumed "Manee Loi Daho'ai no Amaty. Loi Daho'ai surve Aboka hodi"

Emiko inclined her head softly, signaling her agreement with Kyoka's choice.

"Stay safe up there -- radio if it seems our presence here is discovered or you need assistance." The neko cast a glance towards the bodies now lying outside the elevator. "It won't be long before this group is missed now..." Her piece said, Emiko followed the alien out of the elevator.

Alien said:
"U go... keel Aboka hodi... many Aboka hodi. No manee war...ee.. ooors... Manee Loi Daho'ai no Amaty. Loi Daho'ai surve Aboka hodi"
The neko turned the alien's speech every which way she could in her mind, trying to make sense of the mix of alien and thickly accented Nepleslian words. She turned to Josea with a faintly exasperated look which was hidden by her power armor's helmet.

"I think it said, 'You go kill 'Aboka hodi', many 'Aboka hodi'. Not many warriors. Many 'Loi Daho'ai' that aren't Yamatai. 'Loi Daho'ai' serve 'Aboka hodi'.... from its gestures I'm guessing that 'Aboka hodi' and 'Loi Daho'ai' must be references to Misshuvurthyar and the NMX Nekovalkyrja in the base... you wouldn't happen to have some ridiculously proficient and convenient translation device secreted upon you by any chance, Gustav-Juni? Translating alien languages isn't exactly my strong suite."

With a sigh, the neko reached around her waist and removed her butt-pack so that she could more easily retrieve the first-aid kit that had bee secreted there prior to the start of their away mission. Emiko removed the antiseptic spray and gestured towards the alien to come closer.

"This may hurt a little." The neko announced in a soft, soothing tone, still not sure how much of her own speech that the alien could understand. She began applying the substance to the creatures exposed wounds. Meanwhile, she addressed the SSS liaison again "Juni... if worse comes to worse we may need to get out of here in a hurry very soon... and this fellow's going to need a means of surviving the trek back to the ship unless we leave him behind for recapture. Whilst I'm treating his wounds, could you please check the vicinity for breathing or environmental gear like that first group of NMX neko we saw possessed. Chances are good there are storage cabinets containing spares somewhere nearby."

Josea listened to the words that had been spoken. He surmised as had his partner that the alien was using a limited command of Nepleslian and interspersing its own language when words failed. "Actually Murasaki-Hei, it just so happens that my specialty is in Linguistics. I think you may have interpreted what it said properly. But I will run it through my ICP and and see if it can come up with a better translation while I search for some sort of environmental suit that we can use for our guest. I will not go far." he said turning to look for a locker with emergency supplies.

Yoshiro stepped into the elevator as the others did as well. I get this feeling that what that alien was talking about was the NMX. Whoever it is is going to pay for this cruelty and dearly at that! He thought to himself as he gripped his SLAG rifle tightly in his hands. "So what is our next step?" He asked, trying to keep the anger out of his voice at the treatment of the prisoner and failing miserably at it.

Good, Emiko thought to herself. If we had to rely on my linguistic skills we probably wouldn't get much of use at all. The neko returned the antiseptic spray to the kit and removed the small tube of liquid bandage. Removing the cap, she began applying it do the aliens wounds and gently spreaded it out to cover the entirety of the injuries before the substance hardened.

Whilst the neko worked and the SSS liason took the time to check around, Emiko considered the felinoid alien standing before her once more. Realizing she didn't even know the creatures name, she sought to remedy that oversight whilst trying to keep her words simplistic so that they would be more easily understood by the alien.

"My name is Emiko -- I am a nekovalkyrja of Yamatai. What are you? What is your name?"

Josea found a stash of lockers around the bend of the corridor, he opened them and started rummaging looking for a serviceable suit.

The alien looked at Emiko, its head cocked as it listened to her words and tried to decipher them.

"Y bee a Toolaa. Culled Tesgee." it replied.

----------------------------

As Kyoka and the others rose in the lift. A klaxon started sounding. "Prisoner uprising in the pit. Suppression teams to the pit." came over the speakers. "Commence prisoner lock down in all sections."

Arkase kept close to Josea, not willing to step into the elevator without him. He hadn't had much to add; the alien was curious enough, but not so alien as a Mishhu, and extraterrestrial slaves he hadn't heard of being taken by the NMX wasn't far fetched. Contact could come later.

"We should hurry this all up, regardless of how many of the NMX are around. The longer we stay, the more heat we'll get," Arkase recommended, running yet another quick diagnostic through his AIES.

Emiko briefly wondered if 'Toolaa' was the name of the creatures whole species, or something more specific -- her mental musings were interrupted though, as an alarm began to sound and the NMX announcement echoed throughout the chamber.

Base Speakers said:
"Prisoner uprising in the pit. Suppression teams to the pit. Commence prisoner lock down in all sections."
The neko glanced at Arkase, who apparently had chosen to remain behind despite Kyoka's statement that everyone apart from Gustav and Emiko herself should board the elevator.

"Too much of a coincidence to believe that the timing of this 'prisoner uprising' has nothing at all to do with our away team poking about this base... the question is do we remain here? Or do we proceed after those who went up the elevator... or even try to catch up with those that went down below and have run into trouble? No matter what we do, trouble's likely to be headed our way quite soon."

Having finished giving what little aid she could to the injured alien, Emiko began packing away her first aid kit and firmly reattaching it to its place on her armor. The neko then glanced about to see how Josea was progressing in his search.

Josea rushed back to the others. "I was able to find a suit that should fit our guest. May not be a perfect one. But its better than nothing. Besides from the sounds of that. I figure we are going to have company soon."

Base Speakers said:
"Prisoner uprising in the pit. Suppression teams to the pit. Commence prisoner lock down in all sections."

Kyoka cursed to herself, switching her rifle to beam setting.

"What are they doing down there?" She grumbled under her breath, then addressed her single companion, "Looks like we need to be ready for anything. Odds are the NMX are heading for the elevators to head down, so prepare to fire the moment these doors are open, Tanaka-Hei. Activate shields too, because we are bottlenecked in here."

Yoshiro complied silent to his orders and activated his shield. I am going to make sure that the NMX pay for this. I will send them to hell and back for this! He thought to himself and readied his LASR for when they exited the elevator. "What is this place that they need prisoners?" He asked gripping his LASR tightly, ready to fire at the enemies that would fire at him.

The elevator stopped its movement up the shaft. With an electronic chime the door opened. Standing before the doorway were eight NMX Type 31A Light Infantry. Each was wearing their standard gear with gas mask and carrying their NMX "Impaler" Particle Beam Rifle. They brought the rifles to bear on the Mindy clad soldiers and opened fire.

Their first volley was absorbed by the armor shielding easily.

"Temae! Kuso kurae!" He shouted as he raised his LASR, using his AIES he aimed and fired at the nearest NMX Neko as he stepped off the elevator and ran to the nearest available cover. He kept firing to give his teammates cover so that they could do the same.

Kyoka dove to the side of the elevator momentarily, watching as her teammate ran out. She considered several possibilities and opted for the safest one: Peering around the corner, selecting a location, and activating her teleport mechanism to warp behind the row of soldiers. From her new position, she began beaming her Aether at the enemies without mercy.

Sometimes, it paid to take something besides the Barrier module.

"More than likely." Emiko responded to the SSS liason, hefting her Saber Rifle up and making sure that is was set to Phased Pulse mode. The neko also commanded her suits AIES to deploy the nodal support drones and bits that were presently docked in her armors attachments -- a dozen of the small hovering machines disconnected from her armor and floated at about a meters distance.

"Tesgee--" Emiko began, hoping she was pronouncing the alien's name correctly. "Put on the suit and mask -- it will help you breath and survive outside." The neko added, indicated the equipment that Josea had brought with him.

The tactics of Kyoka and Yoshiro made short work of the soldiers by the elevator. The shockwave of Kyoka's teleporting also knocked the next group coming down the hallway on the butts. This group of Infantry quickly got up off the floor and started firing trying to take out the armored soldiers. One in the rear of the group took to running down the hallway towards an intercom station.

-------------------------------

The felonoid grabbed the offered suit. It was not clear if understood their words or just realized the danger.

The neko didn't notice the second group until the bullets started biting into her cloak, but reacted as fast as possible, diving to the wall next to the hallway entrance. From that point forward, she continued her duck-and-shoot tactics like it belonged in a Time Crisis game.

Her aim was a little shoddy from this, unfortunately, and three-second beams lanced all over the hallway.

Using his AIES he targeted the NMX Neko that was running for the intercom and fired off a short burst. "KUSATTA NINGEN! SHI NE!" he shouted and he watched, hoping that he hit that neko so they could not get reinforcements,

Whilst Emiko watched the alien felinoid put on the gear -- in order to make sure it was done properly -- she addressed the other two individuals in the group, Josea and Arkase.

"Well, what do you two think? Should we stay here and wait for the NMX to come down on us like a bag of hammers and perhaps get ready to cover the retreat of the other teams, or else head in pursuit of one of the other two groups? Personally, I think we head after Kyoka and Yoshiro before they get too far ahead -- no telling what kind of crazy they're about to get into now that this hornet's nest is all riled up."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…