• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Mission 5] - Anger Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent blocked out the pain in his head as only an ID-Sol could, hefted the chaingun into his hands and opened fire. The bullets going downwind could probably plow a field, but right now Vincent was just hoping he would hit someone.

Code:
CURRENT SITUATION

===OUR MARCHING ORDER===
DIRECTION OF TRAVEL --->
    -     -#Joh -     - 
    - Mit -     -*Seb - 
    - Rob - Ari -*Vin - 
    - Mel -     -'Luc - 
    -     - Hit -     - 

====GOON ARRANGEMENT====
<--- DIRECTION OF TRAVEL 
    -#Rfl1-     -     - 
    -     -#Spt -     - 
    -*Cpn -     -     - 
    -     -XRfl2-     - 
    -XRfl3-     -     -

First, Arin's spray of .22 bullets were were able to keep the heads of the soldiers down, a couple managed to wound the captain further. Upon inspecting John, she noticed that quite five wounds in his upper right arm and chest.
"I'll be right, really..." John mumbled to the new girl, "Just patch me up after this."

Now it was their turn - before Robert managed to sneak behind the goon with the Squad Support Weapon and cut him to ribbons.
The captain was in little condition to fight, and Rifleman 1 was considering making a run for it, if he could walk.
"Okay, okay, you win." The captain mumbled aloud as he put his pump shotgun down.
"Great. Now, do you see why it's a bad idea to piss me off?" Luca asserted as he strode towards the captain, putting his shotgun away.
Then the captain violated a law of war by pulling a concealed pistol from an unseen holster, and fired two rounds in Luca's direction.

In an almost alien display of precision, Luca simply sidestepped as the two bullets with the grace of a swan - falling down stairs. He then lunged forwards, and lifted the captain of the small platoon up by the collar of his uniform a few inches off the ground.
"Don't. Piss. Me. Off. Period."
He then administered two hard punches into the Captain's gut and an uppercut, sending him sprawled on the ground.

Mel, John, Hitori, Sebastian and the remaining rifleman were slackjawed at the display of martial arts flair and grace.
"Did he just dodge bullets?" Mel questioned as she looked around at everyone else.
"He... did." Hitori was unable to comprehend it.
A man who always looked like such a goof was just able to dodge a pair of bullets and administer a punctuated pounding in the same breath.

The remaining rifleman just began wiggling away, swearing fearfully to himself.

Code:
CURRENT SITUATION

===OUR MARCHING ORDER===
DIRECTION OF TRAVEL --->
    -     -#Joh -     - 
    - Mit -     -*Seb - 
    -     - Ari -*Vin - 
    - Mel -     -     - 
    -     - Hit -     - 

====GOON ARRANGEMENT====
<--- DIRECTION OF TRAVEL 
    -#Rfl1-     -     - 
    -     -XSpt - Rob - 
    -'Luc -     -XCpn - 
    -     -XRfl2-     - 
    -XRfl3-     -     - 

OUTCOME: VICTORY!!

Robert, having gone into what he called "Full Rags" mode, callously stepped on the rifleman's back. "Where do you think you are going? I'm fairly sure that my boss will want some words with you." He said in a cold voice.

A bead of sweat trickled down from Arin's temples. Okay, he is still breathing, still talking. Whoa, thats quite a number of holes regardless..." Noting that John didnt need CPR or bandaging before the bullets were extracted (Which was pretty much all she knew of medicine) she turned her head around to the rest of the group to call.

"Anyone a doctor or medic here?!"

She realized that the battle was over, but did not see Luca's little feat nor Robert's gruesome takedown.

"Normally that would be my department, but..." Vincent looked at the bullet-riddled John.

"It'd probably be best if I didn't go poking around on him."

"Going home, that's what!" The downed rifleman whimpered as he struggled underfoot, "You guys are crazy!"
Mel shrugged, "Maybe it's a karma thing."
"It is!" Luca added, "There was a great movie on tonight which I wanted to catch!"
"I think someone - will tape it." John said as he lifted himself to his feet with Arin's help. He then checked his wounds, and found that the undershirt he was wearing was his last line of defence. There was always something to be said about good bulletproof fibres, "Maybe one or two bullets got into me, but I can keep walking... just gotta catch my breath."
The rifleman was just dumbfounded that the reason this guy just punched the lights out of his captain was because he lost a movie. He thought that he was highly unprioritised.

"Wait, John, you can't." Sebastian spoke up as he got his combat knife out and what appeared to be a small bottle of disinfectant, "We'll get the bullet out of you and Vincent, now. It'll only take a minute or two." He also put a rag into his patients' mouths, "Bite on this..."

A splash of disinfectant on each area, the knife to pry out the bullets, more disinfectant and a the rags were used as a makeshift bandage.
"It's not professional care, which you need, but it'll do."
"What about you?!" Mel pointed out the patriarch's wounds, "You've still got bullets in you!"
"It's a hard procedure to do to yourself, and I don't think anyone here's got the know-how." Sebastian sighed.
"In any case, we gotta keep moving!" Luca asserted as he passed John and Vincent lollipop for comfort from his top pocket, "Or else we'll never get there!"

John sucked thoughtfully on the lollipop as he applied pressure to his wounds, "You heard the man."

Code:
MAP SO FAR...

1 SQUARE = 200 SqM
===LEGEND===
 . = Open Ground/Plains
 " = Shrubland/Cover
 ~ = Water/River/Lake
 ^ = Mountain
 B = Building/Checkpoint
 T = Forest
 # = Roads/Paths/Bridges
 v = Ravine
 S = Possible Sentry Patrol Areas (Beware of 'em.)
 X = Walls

@ = Current Position (at x11, y5)

============

.X 12345678911111111112222222222333333333
Y ----------------------------------------
1 |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^TTTT.....XXXXXXXXXXXX|
2 |vvvv^^^^^^^^T^^TTTT.......X..........X|
3 |^^^vvv^^^^^^^TTTTT....."..XXBBBBB....X|
4 |TT^^^vvv^^TTTTTTT...".....X~BBBBB#...X|
5 |TTTT"".vv@".TTT..."".....S~.BBBBB.#BBX|
6 |TTT.."...~.......~~......~XXBBBBB.#BBX|
7 |........"~~.~~~~~~~~~~~.~~X....X..#..X|
8 |...""....~~~""..~~~~".~~~.BB..BBBBBBBB|
9 |##......~......~.......S##BB##BBBBBBBB|
10|S.##"..~.......~......##..BB..BBBBBBBB|
11|....##B.S.....~."#####....X....X.#...X|
12|...~~~.##########S........X.BBBB.#BB.X|
13|~~~.....".....~...........X.BBBB#.BB.X|
14|..............~"..........XTBBBB#....X|
15|TTTT..........~...."".....XTTT..#....X|
16|TTTTTTTT....".~.........^^X^TTT.#.TTTX|
17|^^^^TTTTTT...~..TT^^^^^^^^^^TTTTT..TTX|
18|^^^^^^^^^^^^.~.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^XXXXXXX|
  ----------------------------------------

A small river was just ahead of the group. Roughly 12 or 15 feet deep, flowed rather quickly, and was somewhat murky. A brown, yellow/brown-leafed tree was just next to the group as they pondered how to get across.
"Careful," Mitch said, "Murky rivers can hide greater dangers, and the rapid current could carry you off somewhere..."
"One time on a movie, I saw this massive crocodile jump out of a river like this and rip someone to shreds!" Luca said as he peered over into the water, unable to find his reflection.
"Charming." Mel mumbled, folding her arms.

"... Err, thanks..." Harrison said, quickly jumping into his FIRE1 and jetting back off to the Acadia.

"Now that he's gone..." Vincent said, holding the lead slug that had gone into his arm triumphantly, "We can get moving."

Robert asked Luca "So what do you want me to do with him, boss? Can't take him with us, he'd have the whole place down on us in an instant." He shook his knife at the poor rifleman. "Want me to tie him up and leave him here for someone else to find?"

"Waaaait!" Arin shouted at Robert while moving towards the pair. While initially it looked like the graduate was going to embrace the captive, she instead walked past the rifleman to pick up his rifle but not before nicking his sidearm and communications device in the process. With a multitool she literally procured out of thin air, Arin deftly removed the circuit board from the device, the firing mechanisim of the guns and other various components containing rare and precious materials here and there. In under 5 minutes all that was left was a pile of undifferenciated pieces of metal at her feet and her side bags weighing a little more than what she started out with. Also seen were identical unidentified piles of junk where the other discarded weapons were lying.

"I'm done." She walked away from the scene. Not that she didnt care as to what would happen to the captive, but she thought the more combat experienced members in the team would know what was best to be done in this situation.

Vincent stomped up to the group, gnawing the stem of the lollipop with teeth that could grind through bone, if he felt like it.

"Did I miss something?" He said, levelling his chaingun on the downed rifleman's head one-handed. "Arin? Raggedy Andy over there?" He looked at Arin's dismantled radio and Robert's prisoner before rubbing his temples.

"Next time wait for me to show up when you start taking prisoners, I want to interrogate some poor bastard."

Robert growled playfully at the large ID-Sol. "It's just Rags. And we haven't decided what to do with him. Let alone interrogate him."

"Maybe, just maybe, we could beat the location of the other patrols out of him." Vincent shrugged and cracked his knuckles. "Either way, after being shot in the arm, I feel like beating the snot out of someone."

Meanwhile, back at base, Jimothi was keeping tabs on the group via radio contact and satellite imaging. In a way, Jim was sad that he missed the chance to go on this mission, which had so much importance to so many people, but those were the breaks.

Talking directly to Vince, Jim said, "Make sure you ask him his rank and unit, I'll do some cross checking and figure out their troop strength and battle history for you guys. Also, how serious are the wounds in the party at the moment? If anyone needs medical attention, call me, I'll tell you what to do in order to help them!"

"Well," Vincent said, tapping his headset, "I took a hit in the arm and John got rattled around pretty good, but other than that we're fine."

Scratching his head as he thunderously turned towards the soldier.

"Rags, hold this guy up for me. I'm looking forward to this."

More on the poor rifleman - He was in his mid twenties, divorced and just looking for a job. He had dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, a somewhat childlike face over a dishevelled reds uniform. He looked like he didn't want to be here.

"Wait!" Luca said as he raised his hand, "Don't knock his lights out, maybe we can make him work for us. What's your name, man?"
"Wha - Me?" The rifleman responded, "Err- Danny."
"Okay, Danny. Tell us the easiest way into the place, and I'll make sure you don't walk home with both legs broken. Whaddaya say?" Luca flashed his tactical map of the area in front of him and asked him where to point.

"Uh..." He mumbled as he looked around, trying to decipher it. "Mmm... Here!" He pointed to where one of the rivers, which was flowing into the base. "It's barred up, b-but I'm sure you can get in - really!"
"Promise? If not, I'll go looking for you, Danny!" Luca replied.
"Yes! Yes! Just don't break my legs!"

Luca put his hand under his chin. He thought he was telling the truth.
"Okay, guys let him run home." He ordered.
"Are you mad?" Sebastian wondered aloud, "He'll go back to his base and tell what happened!"
"With what?" Luca whispered to him, "He's got no radio, no weapons, and he's going to keep his word - but if he breaks that word, so will his legs. That's a promise."

Meanwhile, Mel was sitting under the tree near the river, then took a look at Arin. She was puzzled as to whether she was actually male, or not.
"Hey, you." Melissa yelled out to her, "I got an idea to get over this river. Cut the tree down."
"That's one option." Mitch mumbled as he measured up the tree and the river, "It might not go all the way though."
"Worth a shot anyway, right?" John shrugged.

Hey that's easy.

Arin looked at her tiny VBCS knife, Mitch was right, while it was made for sawing it could not go all the way into the tree.

Hmm, maybe not so easy after all.

Nevertheless she jabbed her knife into the tree several times in the same spot, creating a cylinderal hole about 3/4ths of a foot deep and an inch wide. This she stuffed with a precise amount of gunpowder from the leftover catridges of the discarded guns and then finally an electric firing mechanisim from the same source stoppered the hole, trailing a wire to the datapad attached to her arm.

Standing about five meters away with her back facing the tree and her front to the group. She yelled "This is an explosive solution!" before hitting the touchscreen. While she carefully calculated the explosion to be harmless at this range, she ducked anyway from a knee-jerk reaction.

"Luca," Vincent said as he scratched his chin, watching the Red escape. "You are either a crazy person or a man of unfathomable depth."

He flicked the safety on his chaingun to the 'on' position and attched it to the side of the ammo drum again before turning back to the group. His face looked grim. "So I guess we follow Danny's word for now?"

Then came the dull crack of the gunpowder exploding. He immediately looked and saw a tree in the distance jerk and fall. Instinctively his hand flew to the chaingun, flicked off the safety and hauled the massive weapon into his hands. He cautiously stalked off towards the trees, arriving in a short amount of time.

"What the hell just happened?" He asked, directing his question at Arin, who was holding a wire that led to the aforementioned broken tree.

Robert shrugged as Danny left. "Ah, well. We'll be taking out a whole lot of the buggers later. Save your anger for them Vince." He jumped along with Vincent at the Crack. Robert drew his pistol and followed close behind and said nothing while Vincent asked Arin what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back