• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Mission 5] - Anger Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert shrugged, "Havent seen her for a little while. I'm sure she's checking something out that could help us."

"Hmm - she does that..." Luca sighed as he considered heading upstairs. He wore his uniform with impunity as he strode up the banisters. He saw another two signs. Left for the Warehouse and Right for the Bunks and the Head.
As far as Vincent's chaingun was concerned, he kept it in a dufflebag he'd picked up on the way out of the armoury.

He considered that the warehouse would probably hold some fairly valuable information and objects. The coast was clear for now, he radioed to Arin and Robert to come up but to be quiet, since he could hear footsteps and activity coming from from the bunks. He radioed to Vincent that things had gotten a bit more interesting upon discovery of the warehouse.

"...so then in the movie the guy slips on his beer and lands on his bottle, and it impales him through the head..." A wiry, blonde spike haired guard with a pair of sunglasses indoors was straining to an out of uniform co-worker, "..and there's a fountain of-"
"I know I know," The co-worker stressed to get him to shut up, "In a horror movie the average man has about 40 or 50 gallons of blood. Why do you watch that crap?"
"I was dared to, Christopher and Bazza set me up!"

The co-worker sighed and made a turn down into the Head for a shower to calm his nerves.
"Take it easy Fraser - lay off those damned movies."
"Will do - bye." He walked past Luca and made a quick glance at him, but continued, walking through the door to the warehouse, but as stepped through, he had a double take on Luca's appearance.

He motioned for Arin and Robert, and possibly Vincent to come up.

"Vincent," Luca radioed, "Whereabouts are you? I've found a key which should get us into most of the areas."

Upon receiving Luca's instructions on her Datapad, Arin moved up as quietly as she can, pushing down her various bags and packs as so they wouldn't jiggle. Upon seeing the warehouse worker experience a delayed reaction behind a corner, she quickly dived behind a bunch of crates in the corridor that the workers were too lazy to carry into the warehouse proper. She hoped she wasn't seen, and that Robert would easily and quietly dispatch this man just as she had seen him to many times before.

Why am I wishing people death? He isn't posing an immediate threat to me and he still has his whole life ahead of him, just like myself. I have buy some kind of stun-gun the next time I'm back home.

Vincent's voice cut off Luca's orders, Robert's silence and Arin's reverie all at once.

"I'm a ways down the hallway, past the bunks. I'm standing next to a door marked with a single red stripe with a card scanner next to it."

Vincent scratched his head, once again checking for his revolver. A guard walkd towards the door, and Vincent could vaguely recognize the face from his service days.

Oh shiiit... Vincent grimaced internally as the soldier drew near him. The nametape on the red jacket read "Ames". Vincent drew a hand to his face and frantically swiped the card under the reader again, only to have the crude, digitized female voice say "Access Denied" five times in an equal amount of seconds before Ames reached him.

"Having trouble, bud?" Ames tapped Vincent on the shoulder. Not willing to shift too far, Vincent turned his head over his shoulder and spoke in a low voice.

"No. Damn door's malfunctioning." Turning his head back, Ames put a hand on Vincent's shoulder and forced him to turn around.

"Vincent O'malley? Damn, where have you been?" Vincent sighed: Private Second Class- now Sergeant- Alissa Dierdra Ames was the former pilot of the Junker, another Red defector, who had- somehow- re-enlisted within the Red Faction.

"I've been... Freelancing in the private sector." Vincent scratched his head, doing his best to change the subject: "You here to ask about Belle Bonny or just passing by?"

Ames shrugged. "Passing through- but now that you mention it, how is she?"

Vincent sighed. "She's under a change of names, right now. It's The Junker." He grimaced, waiting for the oncoming verbal sparring match between his old friend and service partner and himself.

"I want my shuttle back, you know."

"I really can't return it."

"Why?"

"I have the papers now- the real deal. The shuttle was officially demilitarized middle of last year." Vincent grinned, having backed Ames into a corner.

"Well then, I guess i'll be seeing you." With that, Ames made a quick nod, flashed her card to the reader-

And she was gone- the door opened, she walked through, and the door closed again in less than seven seconds.

Robert padded up next to Arin. After looking around for a moment and having completely missed everything that had just happened, he turned and whispered to Arin, "I thought there was a guard here."

Arin peeped over the top of the crate. "Well, so did I. Nevermind, Luca's upfront."

"Shh, stay back guys." Luca cautioned, "They might be onto my disguise." He walked out into the open and headed for the warehouse door. He got the keycard and swiped it at the console next to the door, before taking a look behind himself for any guards.

The console beeped happily and the door opened for Luca, who waved to get his crew over.

The warehouse was full of non-combat supplies, such as boxes of unopened field rations, buckets of paint, spare mechanical parts and tools fit for Powered Armours and systems within the base such as life support, lighting and food. However, something seemed out of place. It appeared as though a shipment of chainsaws had been delivered here by accident. Steel mesh and plates clanked underfoot with a tapping sound.

The lights in this large room flickered every now and again, and Luca found a note on one of the shelves with lights. It read, in a very scribbly handwriting:
To the Maintenance guys. said:
If you arseholes don't get off your arse and fix the lights in this dump already, I swear I'll knock your teeth so far down your throat you'll have to stick a toothbrush up your arse to clean them!

--Captain C. Whitlam
"Ohh, these guys are having logistics problems." Luca noted to himself and over the radio as he advanced amongst the shelves ahead of the group, observing the wares. The area was strangely devoid of people, even the guy who recently went in was gone mysteriously. Luca scratched his head in light of this.

He then found an oddly open area amongst the shelves, which was the only place with consistent lighting and walked into the middle of it.
"Huhuhuhuhu~" A disembodied voice cackled from many directions, Luca immediately turned around and found nobody. His eyes darted around frantically in search of whoever said that, "Welcome. That was just the warmup that you experienced!" The voice was taunting the disguised captain, who promptly threw off his entire disguise and left it all on the floor.
(OOC) Music to listen to... said:
"Quit fucking about and show yourself," Luca commanded as he drew his pistol, looking for a target, "It's not going to be much of a fight if you just hide the entire time."
"Actually," The voice sounded from behind him, Luca immediately turned around and saw nobody, "You're staring me in the face."
Luca fired off three shots from his pistol in anger, but hit the walls and shelves. He then felt his right leg get pulled upwards and he found himself on his back. He immediately rolled backwards into a crouching position and stowed his pistol. He heard a loud two-fisted thump where he was supposed to be lying down.

"That's a dirty trick..." The captain commented as he started breathing deeply and focusing, trying to use his hearing to pick him out. He stood up and cracked his knuckles, "I'll find you yet!"

Everyone's radios played up with a message from Mel, "Luca, Arin, Vincent, Robert and whatshername - we've just found information that this place has a series of 'Lieutenants', they've got the most serious grip on the situation out of anyone. They are armed with formidable technology and have a combat background unrivaled. Just run if you encounter one!"

"Geez, I think I've run into one, talk to you later." He radioed back hastily as he disabled his radio and kept his headset around his neck. He had to concentrate.

"I AM THE INVISIBLE MAN - CATCH ME - IF YOU CAN FIND ME..." The disembodied voice spoke once again, his voice now omnipresent for one last time as he faded away with a cackle.

"Affirmative, Luca." Vincent, meanwhile, simply inserted the USB cord on his datapad into the card reader and uploaded a slicing program that forced the door open. Quickly unplugging the apparatus, Vincent stepped through the door and into the main corridor of the base.

Robert dashed into the room after Luca as soon as he heard that Luca was being attacked.
Luca said:
"I AM THE INVISIBLE MAN - CATCH ME - IF YOU CAN FIND ME..."

Robert stopped and looked around. "Invisible huh?" He grabbed at the food rations and started looking for something in either the powdery form or better yet a gooish form. "Hey Arin!" He called over his shoulder "Help me find something that would make it easier to spot an invisible person.

Salvage will come later, the leader is in trouble!

Arin noticed the buckets of paint, but plain paint was useless for marking anything if the place was dark to begin with. Prying apart a display panel, she found numerous small glowing beads that made up the individual pixels on the screen. Some of the beads had started to fade from being taken out of their medium. After she hurriedly mixed in the beads from four screens into a pail of transparent varnish, she appeared to be holding a can of stars. The only thing missing was the big bang.

"LUCA!" She yelled, throwing the bucket high into the air.

Meanwhile, inside the base...

Vincent kept his hands at his side and his mind sharp as he strode down the main hallway of the base. Several Reds strolled past him, taking no notice of the completely unremarkable behemoth in a poorly fit uniform- It probably wasn't the first time they had seen such a problem, and definitely wouldn't be the last, provided that they were still alive after Luca was done with them.

The ex-soldier turned a corner in the hallway and looked slowly towards a door marked "Logistics and Communications". Vincent stepped towards the door- it was a secure door, with no windows and only a card reader to open it. Vincent fed his ID card through the door, and- surprisingly- the door swung open on the first try. Vincent swung a booted foot through the door and looked around.

There were several large computers connected to wires which fed through the cieling, presumably to a communications array on top of the building. Vincent swiftly moved to slash these cables with a survival knife hidden in the uniform, and the arrays conveniently shut down.

"Sebastian?" Vincent said quickly after he put on his radio headset. "Sebastian, I've disabled radio communications for the area; if you move now the bad guys won't be able to call reinforcements."

Sebastian replied to Vincent quickly, "Thanks Vince, you've made our job a heap easier..." His voice wandered away from the microphone, but was still audible, "...then cut this wire here and we'll knock out the back-up power to their Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks..."
"Heh heh heh..." John's voice could be heard as a snip was heard. The line then fizzled out.

Meanwhile, Luca caught the bucket which appeared to contain stars without a word, stumbling for a moment to maintain his balance. With the bucket of fluid in hand, he looked around, noticing shelves to his left and right shambling momentarily - however, he didn't hear any footsteps other than those of his companions.

Plink... One footstep could be heard, in front of Luca, but he wasn't sure where. Sounded like the metal meshing on the floor.
Plink... Again, another step of metal meshing, this time a bit louder. The grip on the bucket grew tighter as he mused where to throw it.
Clonk... That sounded like a footstep on a bit of a metal sheet. Luca immediately grinned as he looked at the plate on the floor, and swung his bucket 'o stars in a horizontal slash, sending starry fluid on the floor, and - hanging in mid air in a torso-shape, and also part of an arm...

"Uh oh." The invisible voice sounded as he turned around - able to hide it before Luca threw another slash with what was left, showing off his front and back, and a bit of his left leg.
He appeared to be riffling through a shelf for something to throw at Luca as he advanced. He managed to find a gear, and a small valve. The gear was dodged and the valve was deflected by the bucket - which then went upside the invisible man's face with a satisfying SPLANG!!

He reeled back, then knocked the bucket aside and kicked Luca in the chest with his concealed right foot, knocking him back a pace. He then attempted to punch Luca thrice, who blocked only one and the other two hit his face and torso, bruising him somewhat.
He retaliated with a knee to the chest which flowed into a jump kick and an uppercut with the back hand - all of which hit in a fit of rage.

The invisible man also had a few spots of blood on him, making him just a little more visible to onlookers - who now had a better opportunity to contribute.

Robert glanced up just in time to see Luca pounding the invisible man. "Heh, now we can see him." Robert dashed over with his knife drawn. He stabbed at the man's chest. At the same time, he brought his right knee to bear for a powerful knee. Just in case he missed with the knife.

Robert's stab hit true, but he shrugged it off - for now. He now had two threats to deal with, and whatever was powering his invisibility had been disrupted, a blue-ish outline began to form around him.

He knew that his disguise had been busted, but he wasn't about to go down without a proper fight. He pulled out his own knife and slashed at Robert, just managing to graze his left arm. He swung around and tried to hit Luca, who got himself a cut across the chest.

He retaliated with another powerful kick followed by a tripping shove, further reavealing the Invisible man and sending him against a shelf littered with blunt, heavy objects. That shelf teetered for a moment, and it, and its contents began to fall down on the no-longer-Invisible man, bruising him all over.
Yet he still picked himself up and offered a last round of beatings. He appeared to be a man in his early 30's, shaved completely bald and clad in a skintight suit with padding in the shoulders, groin, chest and back, which appeared to be the source of his invisibility.
He had a malevolent grin pasted to his face and a set of eyes which had murderous written all over them.

"How do you -" He coughed a bit of blood, "Like this - cough - fine technology, you unappreciative prick?!" He lunged forwards with a punch, which Luca dodged.
"Do you appreciate me, or what makes me so appreciative!?" He roared as he swung again, this time hitting Luca squarely in the chest, and knocking him back a few paces.

The radio crackled as Jim's voice rang through, "Luca! That guy is notorious for using the invisibility cloak thing that you've encountered so far, and he has a pretty large body count to boot! I'm sure there's a bounty on him. Lemme check..." There was a slight pause, with the faint sounds of mumbling, then Jim came back, "Yes! There's a bounty out for a Bertrand Callahan from the Nepleslian Police Force. He has 40,000 DA on his head! See if you can take him out without killing him. Good luck Luca."

Active camoflage on a personal-sized suit? Thats Yamataian grade technology!

Arin had originally wanted to hit the man on the back of the head with this large gas tank from life support she was carrying, but after demonstrating his finesse in melee combat visibly against Luca and Robert, she reconsidered. Instead, she opened the valve and directed the gush of air towards Betrand. While it was a colourless gas like oxygen or air in general, it was actually a stream of Nitrous Oxide... Otherwise known as Laughing Gas.

"Arin, what are you..." Luca said as the gas sprayed into the combatants, loosening their grips on reality somewhat, he snorted a little and smiled, almost against his will. However, it did take his mind off the injuries he had.

Bertrand was also trying to stifle a laugh and coughed a few times. He also tried to throw a punch, but also tried to put his other hand over his mouth in an attempt to hide his laughter. Luca dodged it easily, falling back against the shelves giggling like a schoolgirl.
Robert would've followed suit.

Then, a small gust of fresh air pushed the cloud away from Luca and further to Bertrand. Then Luca realised that he was supposed to be fighting him to death, not laughing him to death. The ambient gas presented the perfect window of opportunity.

He wound up his left fist and lunged forward with ferocity, striking Bertrand in the chest. His right fist then pummelled him with an uppercut, followed by a smooth left to the face a knee to the chest. The rapid moves in quick succession seriously unbalanced the once-invisible Bertrand. His laughter ceased too as he saw Luca charging forward for the finale.

WHAAAAM!! Bertrand was propelled by a single punch into the shelves on the back wall, literally leaving himself imprinted into the shelves and the items on them.

"...ugh..." Bertrand sputtered as his wracked body was limp in the wall. Luca walked towards him with a half-frown on his face.
"So, why the invisible getup?" Luca asked as he looked at his suit, and at him.
"Its... a long story - but maybe I should tell - you... before I pass on..."

Robert noticed Arin spraying the gas just at the last minute, however it was too late to do anything as he followed Luca to the ground giggling. Everything just happened to seem so funny for some reason.

Vincent crouched in the L&C room, listening to Luca over the radio headset. He had heard the sounds of combat over it for the last few minutes... But then-

Sadistic laughter? He flicked the speaker on the headset to life with the flick of a switch.

"Luca, what's going on down there? One minute everything's all smashy-smashy and the next thing everyone's laughing their asses off."

"Sorry - heh - Vincent," Luca quickly replied over radio as he knelt down towards the battered Bertrand, "Arin - used, Laughing Gas, heh. I think." He put his hand off the communications and addressed Arin with a giggle, "Get some ventilation going, please. This guy has to soliloquise, and I'm not going to - ah hah - deny him his last words!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back