• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 6.1] Sword Flash in Darkness - Dinner Briefing

Misaki naturally rose when the CO of the Aeon moved to leave, even though it was an informal setting, her face drew back into a neutral military expression as she waited for her to exit the restaurant, at which point she blinked, looked about the table, smoothed out her dress, and sat down again. "Old...habits." She offered to the remaining crew. It was about this time she started to really eat, and eat with the sort of military rush she remembered having on most of her wartime posts, and of course, the second she was no longer in the secretive samurai training process, but instead was shoulder to shoulder with officer recruits.

Her soup already demolished, the XO finally took to finishing the last few crab cakes sitting upon her plate while ordering a dessert from the kitchen with a quick telepathic message. Of course, this included a rather simple mocha, but what arrived in due time was a slice of ice cream cake of some sort.

"Well, now that we have the time." She finally spoke again, already lifting her cup to her still-glossed lips, "Are there any questions for me? Keep in mind most questions about the mission can be answered from the supplementary materials uploaded to you from the briefing." Kurusu was quick to take a sip after that, already cutting into the speckled ice cream while she looked around the table, tilting her head faintly to the right as she glanced down at the remaining crew members. "Ah, and yes I can talk about being a samurai, at least as much as I am allowed. As...for anything else, please go ahead. I feel like I have not spoken to a crew in years."

The realization came back before she finished speaking that in reality, she had not, sending a twisted pang of shame into Misaki's stomach as she thought of how badly she had let the Eucharis down.

'Ma'am, Thank you for waiting up," She stopped and quickly caught her breath. She wasn't entirely sure why she came to talk to the Taisa, well that wasn't true she was still slightly worried about where she stood. She didn't want to worry the Taisa about so she quickly came up with a good excuse. "Ma'am I would like to thank you for putting me in the cockpit of a craft this time." her smile wasn't all that convincing but she tried to smile anyways.

Emiko continued to muse over the details of the plan the Taisa had laid out for them, as well as her role providing technical assistance for Kurusu-Chusa's assault team.

The neko's ears twitched once the new executive officer broke the silence at the table. The technician listened intently as the neko tried to make small-talk and get herself better acquianted with the crew.

"Then, you haven't been assigned to a ship recently, Chusa? If I might ask, where were you last posted? I remember you mentioned having served aboard the Eucharis..." the violet-haired neko asked inquisitively.

Sidewalk

Katae watched as Freyja caught up to her, and tried to regain some sense of decorum. "There is really no need to thank me for putting you in a flying role Oinari-Hei. It is just good sense, I need a pilot, someone who can safely drop those two bombs and get to the LZ to deliver the away team to the surface. I figured as a Fighter pilot that made you the logical candidate." she said with a hint of amusement on her face. "Just don't give me any reason to regret that decision, and try not to scratch the Transporter, or I might take the repairs out of your pay." she said with an obvious grin, and a wink.

Misaky pointed her spoon lightly towards Emiko as she answered, "Yes, I was." Letting it dance in the air, "I was the first XO aboard the Eucharis, actually. I am very lucky I was given a chance to serve with a Ketsurui, my proudest moment is a personal message I received from Ketsurui taisho. I believe most of our missions are unclassified to general personnel, but yes we had a very wonderful crew, before I died. I hope I can work even harder for all of you. So, the answer to that question is I was last posted to the Eucharis. I died in the battle. Certain...factors, including the war, stalled my being reborn until recently. It is very disorienting to wake up and see your sisters in new uniforms, which make you feel as if ten years had passed." She pointed out, drawing another bite into her mouth.

"I am very fortunate to be able to serve the grand Empire again. I served in the first war as well, aboard the Mihama, after I completed my training with the samurai, as far as allowed without finishing. Actually I was replaced by one, when my CO was promoted. Then I was the XO aboard the Ishikawa, a Sakura class." She paused, hoping it wasn't too much information for such a simple question, then finished with, "...then from there, I found out Hanako-ah, Ketsurui taisa, at the time, had need of officers, and specifically an XO."

Putting her coffee back to her lips, the Chusa peered down the table over the rim of her cup to study the reactions of the remaining crew, while she worked on finishing her dessert, though seemed in little rush.

As captain left the blue-haired neko stood up as supposed to. Saki perked her ears a little as Kyoka left the table. She probably had something important to discuss with taisa. Most likely something involving the mission. Saki herself was both terrified and excited about this mission. Once again they will be saving people, but this time they will attacking NMX base. That will be hard. Exciting fact will be that they will have two Tasha's. Saki wanted to be handler of Tasha since she got on ship. There was no chance up until now. She did hope Kyoka will appoint her to be Tasha handler for this mission.

Saki ate her curry and listened to XO. What she was saying was really exciting and interesting. But also a little sad. It was a little shock to hear, how XO was talking about her own death. The white haired neko did not even look as much as phased by the fact. Saki did not experience a death so far. She was grateful for that, but she did hoped should that time come she will die with honour and with little fear. Saki would fight until the end though.

Saki finished her meal and the waitress brought her desert for her. A bowl full of pudding. "Nyaaa," Saki purred happily as she dig in. Pudding made everything better in her opinion. Feel depressed over death or war? Eat a pudding. Are you confused about society and how regular folks work? Eat a pudding. Letting worries eat you was useless. There was more important stuff in life to focus on.

Saki got a little idea then. She rushed off toward the bar where waitress awaited any other orders. Saki gestured for her to lean closer so she could whisper something in her ear.

"I can't imagine what that'd be like. . ." Kyoka told the Chusa, her eel arriving at that moment. Her eyes gleamed at the mention of Hanako and the Aeon's sister ship, and she quickly followed up her previous comment with contained excitement.

"The Eucharis, huh? We got assistance from your ship on my first mission, three years ago!" She babbled, trying to restrain herself from both heedless chatter and the delicious meal in front of her (It is rude to talk with your mouth open, you know). "It had to do with those teleport modules. . . Man can you imagine if the NMX still had them? We'd have teleporting Rippers all over the place! though, Kim-Shoi was our XO at the time. I wonder what happened to her, though?"

Saki told few silent words to the lady behind the bar, who in exchange looked at her and gave her a nod. Saki nodded and smiled at the barmaid, giving her a thumbs-up so other could not see. In past she saw vid with Luca using that gesture and it looked awesome. She accompanied it with volumetric smiling faces on the thumbs.

She then turned around and walked back to her seat as if nothing happened. Her attention went back to her pudding, which she had yet to finish.

Nashoba said:
"Just don't give me any reason to regret that decision, and try not to scratch the Transporter, or I might take the repairs out of your pay."

A flash fear raced across Freyja's face, "No Ma'am not a scratch, I'll treat her like she was my own fighter." Now sadness crossed over her face. She missed her fighter. Bowing, "Ma'am thank you again and I'll let you be, By your leave, Ma'am."

In the restaurant, the Manager Amaterasu came out with two bottles of expensive champagne. She handed them to two of her staff, and while other members of the staff placed wine glasses at each of the crew members seats, the ones with the bottles filled them.

Once they filled all the glasses they moved off to the side. Amaterasu then stepped forward, "As you requested Arai-Nitô Hei two of our best bottles of champagne, an excellent vintage from the Black Wolf Winery, we add the 1,000 KS a bottle to the Taisa's bill per her instructions. Please enjoy."

Saki blushed a little. She did not think that the champagne would be that expensive. But that will be fine, she can pay it back to Taisa later. It was important to do this after all. At least she thought so. Saki waited until everyone had their glass filled, before picking her own and standing up.

"Ummm," she tried to get attention. "I-, well... ehmm." She tried to find words to say what she felt and wanted to do. "I would like to welcome you on the Aeon Kurusa-chusa! I hope I speak for all of us, when I say that I am honoured and happy to get to serve with you as my officer." With that she raised her glass. Hopefully this will make the XO feel better.

Misaki smiled slightly at Kyoka's mention of teleport pods, "If they want to get closer to me to be ended, that can be arranged." The veteran offered simply, then blinked at her glass of champagne and noted, "I apologize, that was a rhetorical question wasn't it? You can't take all the samurai out, sometimes."

Her eyes cut smoothly to Saki, and a more even lit her face up finally, causing her to bow forward in her seat as far as she could in reply to the toast. "Thank you, this is a very kind gesture, as I said before my cabin is number one, if anyone needs something, I am not hard to find." The officer reminded them, "To the Aeon and her welcoming crew." Added the Chusa, lifting her glass finally, given it wouldn't be very prudent of her to toast herself. At that, she drew from her glass and exhaled smoothly in pleasure as the bubbles danced down her throat.

Yoshiro finished his dinner and raised his glass to the toast and sipped the champagne. He was nervous about the upcoming mission and it showed. "Misaki-chusa, I am sorry to be a bother but could I have a moment of your time?" He asked as he stood up and bowed to her in respect for her rank.

Upon the conclusion of the briefing, Mikael lingered around for a bit. He slowly drank the champagne that was poured out in to a glass in front of him. The alcoholic drink made him think how his life has been better since leaving Neplesia years ago. He even started to wonder how his brother was doing. But he promptly brought himself back to the present as soon as the last drop was down his throat.

Putting down the glass, he got out of his seat and headed back to the Aeon. He needed to do some research for the upcoming mission.

Kyoka's eyes sparkled at Misaki's response.

"So cool!" She silently squealed to herself, feeling rather giddy even though she hadn't even had anything to drink yet. When the toasts came along, she simply added a little, "Hear hear!"

Of course, she was not prepared for the bubbly delight that was fine champagne, and two simple sips turned into two journeys of flavour that the Neko was not accustomed to.

"This. Is. Fantastic," She breathed, staring into the glass like it were made of gold.

Misaki nodded towards Yoshiro, and quickly looked to the rest of the party at the table, "I'll be back in a few minutes. Excuse me." She stood, and made towards one of the doors over near the back of the establishment.

Yoshiro stepped to one of the private dining suites Misaki-chusa wandered into with her champagne glass still in hand, and stepped inside. "Miyako-chusa, Tanaka-hei here to speak with you." He said and waited for the chusa to answer. He wanted to talk to someone experienced in battle and get rid of his nagging doubts about the upcoming mission. He knew that he was going to see heavy combat and that he was probably going to be hurt or worse need his ST backup. He rung his hands nervously as he waited.

"Of course Tanaka-hei, I thought this would be better than going all the way back. What is on your mind?" She asked, adding, "Have a seat, won't you?" As she moved two chairs from the table on the same side and took her own in one, sliding one leg smoothly over the other as she listened, sipping easily from her champagne glass, reminding herself to thank everyone at the party again upon returning to the festivities

Yoshiro took a seat and took a deep breath. He then let it out slow. "I am a bit nervous about the upcoming mission. It is a big operation and there is going to be so much going on. I worry that no matter how much I prepare I may inadvertantly do something that might compromise the mission." He said. "I want to do my best for the taisa, you and the crew but I am scared...Is that even reasonable to be so scared about this? I mean I have fought the NMX before and won but this..." His voice got quiet and he remained silent waiting for the chusa to answer.

Misaki slowly drew more liquid from her glass, pressing her lips together lightly after as she nodded to him. "I've been fighting since the first war, Tanaka-hei. The best advice I can give is you do more than you think is possible, when your comrades are on the line, and their lives are in your hands. All you have to do is remember your training, and remember everyone is counting on you." Advised the XO, "We all worry about our performance from time to time, if we let it get to us we really might let them down. I died, but I died in the line of duty, an honorable death is sometimes the best we can ask for. That might sound grim, but we are soldiers." She smiled slightly at him, "Keep your head on straight, and things will be okay. Follow your orders, and keep your eyes open."

"Thank you chusa. I will do my best for you and the Taisa.I do have a question though. What was life like as a samurai. You said that you were one, if I am not mistaken. " Yoshiro asked. "Is it as hard as being an infantry soldier or is it a lot harder?" He had been wondering and now would be a good time to get an answer to something that he was curious about. "I do apologize if the question seems a bit nosy but I have always wondered what the life of a samurai was like." He said in apology so as not to offend the chusa.

"I finished my training, but did not complete the final ceremony." Misaki admitted, "I am a test project from Ketsurui Zaibatsu and the Star Army of Yamatai. I still send them messages, and data streams so they can evaluate the usefulness of someone with my capabilities being a soldier proper. Full samurai do not always look upon me the best, but I grew up and trained as one, all the same." The XO finished, shaking her head, "It is nothing to worry over...I do not like to be boastful, it would dishonor the Imperial family, whose service I will always be in, in some fashion."

Drawing from her glass again, the Chusa smiled lightly, "I was honored to serve Hanako, both as an officer, and as a friend. Many samurai never pierce the screen between their charge, and themselves. What is it like though? You feel as greatly humbled by your gifts as you are by the responsibility that holds your bond, your almost...divine oath in place. When I swing my sword, I swing it for the Ketsurui, and the Empire. When I kill our enemies, I kill them for the Grand Empire, and to exhibit the dedication the Ketsurui have to the Empire. I am their strength personified, or...that is what we all wish to become, a blade to cut through the long night." She finished, "...if you mean, what is it to be in a body like mine, then that is another matter. I hope that helped? Or were you looking for more anecdotal stories?"

Yoshiro was listening so intently he forgot that the chusa was done speaking. "Oh no that answers my question for now. I wouldn't want to impose on you for more stories though I would like to hear more." he said affter a few moments of awestruck silence."I think that the other samurai were probaly jealous of your more outgoing nature. You seem like a great person and dare I say it, a great samurai. I am glad that you our XO, Miyako-chusa and if there is anything I could do for you, please let me know." He bowed to her and smiled.

"I am pleased to hear that, thank you Tanaka-hei." Misaki noted with a smooth pleasantness in her voice as she rose and bowed in reply, "Of course. I had better return to the party anyway, stories will have to wait for another time, perhaps if we have a night in the lounge, those are my favorite times, to be honest...outside of battle, that and eating with the crew. I am happy to have such an honest man aboard the ship, ah...and well, not all the samurai quite approve, to be honest, but that is best left for another time." Her smile did not wane, and she opened the door again with a silent command, motioning for the other soldier to go first.

Yoshiro stood up and walked to the door. "Thank you chusa for taking the time to speak with me. I am still nervous about this mission but I will do my best for the Aeon and everyone on board her." He said with a smile. "I look forward to our next meeting. Oh and I forgot to say this when you arrived at the dinner. Welcome aboard the Aeon, chusa." He bowed and left the room to return to the dining room where the others were.

Misaki walked behind Yoshiro quietly, and set her empty glass down on the table upon her return. Quickly, the officer took her seat again, "My apologies, everyone. Is there any champagne left? I would hate to be an ungracious guest."

Freyja Oinari made her way bake to the ship and holed herself into her cabin. Sitting down at her computer access console, and put in her saint identification number. She wanted to check on a few things, mainly she wanted to download as much data on the operation as she could obtain. The other part was if there were any fresh orders for her.

Freyja first focused on Tenba-Class shuttle, what it could handle, to what weapons systems it holds. Once she felt she had all the data with the shuttle information, she got to work on flight paths and bomb drop locations. she then started plotting different approaches and attack lines on the targets, based on different launch points for the Aeon.

Saki smiled as XO and Yoshiro came back. She wondered what they talked about, but looking at Yoshiro it was most likely something work related. Her eyes also noticed Kyoka, but remained on her only for a little while, remembering what happened last nigh. Blinking and quickly sipping some more of the delicious champagne, she quickly chased those thoughts away.

"Yes ma'am!" Saki said to XO, when she asked about the drink. Saki stood up and took one of the bottles. "Let me refill your glass!" She added and moved toward the chusa. "Ma'am, can I ask you something?" She asked as the drink started flowing from the bottle into Misaki's glass.

Taisa, I have decided on an equipment loadout. So, in addition to the two Tasha, we need a full complement of Daisies for this particular skirmish. As for hardpoint equipment, I request the following:
(1) Positron rifle
(2) Variable Assault Weapons
(2) Flamethrowers
(4) Accelerated Plasma Rifles, with a grenade launcher, with incindiary, airburst, and (1) flare rounds. SLEX rounds would be appreciated, as well.

Full complements of the following, if we don't have them already:
Barrier Shield Module
Shoulder Gauss Cannons withAntimatter Slugs where possible.
Shoulder Missile Pods
Shoulder Capacitors
Leg capacitors
Countermeasure Augmentation Pods with anti-missile warheads, either really.
NSB Launchers
Offensive Augmentation pods

And I probably shouldn't even have to ask, but might as well - A full complement of Aether submachineguns

And I would just like to say thanks for the talk earlier. It means the stars to me.
- Tsubei Kyoka, Santô Juni

"By all means, please ask." Misaki replied as she watched the glass fill, waiting until she had enough to nod to Saki softly, and get a small, fresh draw of the bubbling liquid down her throat as she looked to her.

It was certainly a new kind of welcome, or at least a well timed one that she hadn't anticipated that awaited her, and to be honored to go into combat so soon? A new chance to be on the front lines again? Really, the new XO couldn't have been happier. Reviewing various payloads, and projected payloads of the prison assault team, the Chusa was quick to put in her own equipment requisition for her armor.

Kurusu Misaki said:
-Dorsal: Ke-M2-E3000 Leader Support Pack
-Thigh: (1) Ke-M2-W2908 Offensive Augmentation Pods
-Thigh: (1) Ke-M2-W3002 Leg NSB Launchers
-Bladed Ke-M2-W2913 Aether/Scalar Submachine Gun

RPG-D RPGfix
Back