• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 6.1] Sword Flash in Darkness - Dinner Briefing

Yoshiro finished his dinner and headed out. He bowed to the Chusa as he headed to his quarters. He headed out of the resturant and toward the ship with a smile on his face, ready for the mission ahead. It was going to be a long day and he was going to need his rest to be at his best. Before he left he requested a 2 bottles of the champagne that was served at the dinner. He figured that they would have a celebratory drink after the operation that was to come. He took the champange to his room and hid it away.

To: Tsubei Kyoka, Santô Juni
Logistics reports that the following items are currently unavailable at our location.

Positron rifle
Variable Assault Weapons
Antimatter Slugs

Your other equipment request has been approved, the Daisy's have been pulled from storage for this mission.

Ise-Taisa.

"Well, can't have everything," Kyoka remarked at the message, thoughtfully sipping at the wine.

She spent much of the next hour speaking with Yani and Gi. Apparently the duo were lovers (A hypothesis she had come up with after seeing them on the dance floor the night prior) and both loved poetry and stuffed bears. They apparently planned on opening up an art shop someday, which seemed like an admirable (And yet completely adorable!) dream to have. The neko thought back to her moment with Saki earlier that day, blushing a little.

What will I do when I retire from the service? Kyoka asked herself, finishing off her glass.

Saki put the bottle on the chair and fetched her glass. She then pull the char where captain sat previously away from the table and said at its edge. She looked at Kurusu-chusa with smile. The small blue-haired neko seemed genuinely happy that she can talk with the samurai.

"Ma'am," she started her question politely. "You did said you are samurai right? Well I thought I would ask you for something. I am trained with sword, but all I have is the basic training SAoY gave me. I do practice, but I wondered if you could..... teach me sometimes. If that would not bother you way too much of course!"

"I can teach you how to fight better, yes. I can't make you a samurai, or anything like that but I can make you more deadly and able...if you are interested. That or just keep you sharp." Misaki replied amiably, "I am not a full samurai myself, I completed my training but not my final examination and oath. I am something of a..hybrid test program for the Star Army." She put in simply, the XO wasn't too eager to get into specifics with them over something she felt wasn't too important for them to know, but she didn't want to leave any questions out for rumors to start.

"You might have noticed that since I do not carry the traditional swords, though I do have some they were put into storage when I died, and are aboard the Aeon now. If you wish to learn swordsmanship, then yes I can certainly assist." The chusa raised her glass in salute, and took another sip, with a smile that returned to her lips.

Trowa had completely missed the Taisa’s formal dinner, but not by choice. Some very important matters had come up that needed his immediate attention. Now that they were all taken care of, Trowa stopped by to meet the new XO. He waited for a lull in the conversation before stepping forward and bowing to the Chusa. “Greetings Ma’am. I’m Yamamoto- Ittô Heisho, sometimes the ships pilot, sometimes a ground pounder. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Yani looked over at Kyoka, "So Kyoka-San, what do you like to do to relax? Gi and I like to go to the Crew bath and relax in the water. Its a great place to unwind."

"Me? Oh, I've spent most of my time in the room with the massage machines, though I have been spending more time at the pool. I gotta say, those things work wonders on my back!" Kyoka cheerfully informed the other neko. "Though, I do a little bit of reading too."

Saki's face lit up with happiness as the Kurusu-chusa agreed to train her with swords. Young neko though that it will be utterly awesome. She did realise thought that the training will most likely need a lot of discipline. Saki was prepared for that thought.

"Thank you ma'am!" Saki said with wide smile on her face! Then Trowa came in to greet the XO and Saki blushed slightly. She still did not know if Trowa was interested in her or not. And now there was Kyoka too. Everything was starting to get complicated. "Hello Yamamoto-san," Saki said quietly while watching her glass.

Trowa looked at Saki and smiled. “Come now Arai-san, please call me Trowa. I know its proper format and all but I’m Nepleslian, and Yamamoto is such a mouth full. I would like to think that we are friends and can speak informally while off duty.”

Saki blushed and looked up a little at Trowa, watching his face. "W-well then please go ahead and call me Saki." She blurted out and looked down again. She took her hand up and sipped a little of the champagne of her galls. The young blue-haired neko could not believe she really said that.

Yani and Gi looked at each other and then got up simultaneously. "Well, we are going to head back to the Aeon and relax in the bath. Kurusu-Chusa, it was a pleasure to meet you. We look forward to serving with you."

The two Nekos walked towards the door hand in hand. They took terns leaning towards one another to whisper something, that would make the other laugh. They vanished from the restaurant as the doors closed behind them.

"Yamamoto-heisho, thank you for making the time to introduce yourself." Misaki bowed in her seat slightly, still holding her glass up, "I am Kurusu Misaki-chusa, it is my honor to be your executive officer." She offered back with a friendly smile.

Saki-san, you know that you're blushing right? Misaki sent her using her mind, as more of a smile tugged her lips, she added, "Try to have some champagne, it will probably be the last alcohol for a while, given where we're going to be headed come morning. Oh and we'll start training the evening after we come back, barring anything that might get in the way." She noted to Saki smoothly.

"As I told the others, if you need something my cabin is number one Yamamoto-heisho."

Trowa raised an eyebrow and laughed. “You’re not going to die on me are you? For goodness sakes, Saki inhale.” He looked at Misaki again and said, “Thank you Ma’am, I will certainly keep that in mind. I do have a few questions for you but they aren’t important right now.” Trowa got himself a glass of champagne raised it to Misaki. “To the new XO, give’m Hell!”

This all caused Saki only to blush some more. Were they teasing her? They most likely did. Trowa even seemed to have good time watching her squirm. Saki was sure though, that they intentions were not bad at all.

"G-g-gomenasai," Saki said and quickly bowed. She took a deep breath and looked up still red as a cherry. "Yes ma'am! Thank you ma'am. Should I bring my katana, or get hold of pair of Bokkuto's ma'am?"

Then Trowa made another toast so Saki raised her glass too. "Kampai," she added with another shy smile.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back