• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 6] A Closer Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Konoka was only slightly bothered that a) she was right, something was wrong, and she wasn't sure what, and b) Sune was the one doing all the medic work and she wasn't being bothered, when she did indeed enjoy being bothered about crisis. Most of her mind was focused on worrying, because, like she'd thought, there was a BIG PROBLEM. Running through a corridor, practically out of her mind and frantic, after being unable to sleep because firstly, something was wrong, and secondly, she sooooo saw it coming. But what the fish was 'it'? Panicky, she appealed, "ANYONE wanna tell me what the tuna's ears is going on?!"

Meanwhile, down in the armor bay...

...the only person manning the bay, Pineapple, was busy preparing the Mindy combat suits. She had just dragged out the electronics suite the Taii had requested, and was installing it as quickly as she could in the first suit on the line. It only involved switching out a couple of electronics boards, but she would have liked more time to do it, at least. It wasn't kicking her butt, but after prepping an entire shuttle by herself and having to do it on a moment's notice, it was getting to that point very quickly.

That is the scene that would have greeted the engineer, Junko, upon entering the bay.

Nobody else was there. Just a single person and a rack of armor.

"Hey, lend me a hand here." Pineapple motioned to the other suits. "The Taii wants them checked and prepared for use."

“Oh. Understood, Heisho,” replied Junko, trying not to show how startled she was. She stepped around the armor rack, taking the gauge of the Mindys and the work Pineapple was doing. The Nito Heisho seemed to have the electronics array installation well enough in hand so Junko walked up to the closest armor and started her own work. The pre-flight activation checklist was conveniently displayed on a small screen beside the armor, reminding Junko of whatever small bits of information she had not long since committed to memory. Cracking open an access port, she began visually inspecting some of the integral power and control connections within the suit. Still working, she glanced to the side, finding Pineapple still exchanging electronics components. “I’m sorry, Heisho, but do you know what’s going on?” Junko asked after a moment. “All I’ve had time to do was get Engineering manned and online. Who is piloting the Mindys?”

"At least you got a proper bed to sleep in..." Nika whined, feeling her stiff neck, which recovered fairly quickly. The tension within the bridge finally died down as the officers and Sune left. The neko slumped back onto her seat, flipping open the display of the ship's shields.

"The officers had been drinking abit when the Chusa arrived." Nika telepathically sent the message to Ramiro.

Pineapple shrugged, shoving the last panel home with a satisfying click and moving on to the third Mindy, the one beside Takeda. She was frowning, obviously not particularly happy or motivated about what she was doing. The Maintenance Checklist materialized beside the Mindy. Pineapple started trying to find things.

She was a supply officer, not a bloody power armor technician. Why the tar was she down here?

"You're not?" she asked, pulling open the same sort of panel that Takeda had, "Well, it certainly isn't going to be me. I'm driving the shuttle taking you all down, apparently."

Answering Konoka's question, Charisma blipped her a repeat of the orders. It also let Misaki know that she was in fact, conscious. Soldier, get to medbay. The Chusa thought at her. She remembered the girl from the jungle, at least her performance. They'd never quite had the chance to connect, but the blue-haired XO had formed a working opinion of her, well enough.

She stepped inside the medical bay, waiting for either her, or both of their medics to arrive. They needed to get things done, quickly. She didn't like being away from the bridge on alert in a strange situation like theirs. When she got reports from the rest of the squadron, at least, some of those tensions eased.

Hanako, no one else is here yet. There seems to be preparation in the cargo bay, however. Would you prefer the Taii took the team down?

"You can join her if you like," Hanako responded. "Hamada is getting things going so please assist her. We need to move more quickly so we can get back home to defend the Empire."

"Nika, Ramiro: try various channels and see if you can raise the surface to let the crash survivors know we are looking for them."

Ramiro chuckled a bit to himself as he processed what Nika had said. He tilted his head back and said, "Well that explains a lot, and yes the bed did help." Then once the Taisa had ordered them to do so he started pulling up comm channels. "Yes ma'am! Irenika-hei, why don't I start at the top channels and work my way down and you can do vise versa, that way we cover more channels in a faster time."

"Got it Taisa!" Nika telepathically replied as she coordinated with Ramiro in running through the network channels used by Yamatai from the bottom up.

"Somehow, this rescue operation has been made very personal by our Taisa." Nika commented as the system began to ran through the channels, pinging them with acknowledgement messages.

Sune turned to Kurusu-Chusa, "As you wish ma'am if you and Hamada-Taii will accompany me to the medbay I will conduct your scans there." This is so not going how I intended, instead of being able to discreetly and quickly ensure that our officers are safe, I have to take two of them away from their duties to check them in medbay. And discreet went out the window when I had that confrontation with Hamada-Taii let alone her condition. And the Taisa never even answered me. I am beginning to think she just does not like me.

Sune returned to the medbay finding the Chusa there already. "Chusa, if you would have a seat on one of the beds. I will conduct the scan."

He also made a mental note to write up the incident with Hamada as required by regulations.

He sent a message via Charisma to Konoka,
Miyazawa-Hei,
According to the last message from Yui-Taisho there is a situation and it appears that a biological weapon may be a part of it. We need to check all the remaining crew members for signs of infection.
Jalen-Hei

Not long after Nika and Ramiro had started running through the common Yamatai comm channels, a reply was transmitted from the antenna on the surface using a simple radio frequency. The cryptic text only message simply stated,

Code:
Receiving signal; identify.

Hamada tried to cool down a little bit.

Following the medic down to the bay, she was going over in her head the exact way this was going to go. There were not a lot of ways that it could go, really. The Taisho's order stood, of course, but the enlisted was also disobeying a direct order from a superior officer during a combat evolution. Not only was this delaying the mission at hand, this was considered contempt for authority. It was frustrating. The dark part of her, the part that was angry and gaining momentum minute-by-minute, suggested the fact that this could be put on his record. That this could be documented. That a career could be derailed, right here, right now, if she really tried hard at it.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Take care of your people, she remembered, then added; Even if they piss you off.

Sune was a good medic. He was a good soldier. He had good evaluations. He did his job. He was just trying to do his job, now. And she had jerked him around like a rag doll. It was unprofessional. Through the flush of alcohol she had lost something of herself, and it was immensely frustrating.

There would probably have been a lot of teeth-grinding involved, if Hamada had been that sort of person. But drunk or not, she had not gone through so many years of education to just toss it out of the window.

When they entered, she nodded to the Chusa, but didn't say anything. There was just nothing to say. Keeping her bearing, she folded her arms behind her back and stood off to the side, near to the exit, waiting and watching.

Her mind was down in the armor bay, but she was stuck here, waiting on an examination, instead.

Ramiro jumped in his seat, he hadn't expected a reply so fast. He then sent telepathically to the Taisa "We have made contact, identification pending." He then started up on his reply as he tilted his head back a little. "Nika, are you getting this?" He then sent the following message as a reply.

Code:
YSS Eucharis NG-X1-408, under command of Taisa Hanako, answering distress protocol v3.1 transmitted from YSS Sakura NG-X1-360 at location HX-12. Please respond and identify along with current location as ground forces will be en route for rescue.

"Excellent!" Hanako nodded, monitoring the communication. "Hanako to Golden Apple, are you ready to launch yet?"

Blueberry, wearing her Mindy, answered from inside the shuttle. "Negative. Waiting on personnel, Taisa."

Drunk. Misaki thought as she passed her eyes over the other officer in the medbay, laying down while smoothly moving a hand against her skirt. "She will be taking a Contraveisalgia tablet with her for later, as well Sune-Hei. Taii, if you're feeling ill from dinner please speak up, this is the correct place for it." The Chusa said it firmly, but not in a way that conveyed she was especially upset with the junior officer. As she waited, the NH-27 went through a few options.

Understood, ma'am. I suggest this team to go down.

She promptly bounced a list against the crew, judging by current location, rank, performance reports, and the most important factor: time.

Rescue Team said:
Alpha:
-Kurusu Misaki (Lead)
-Yamamoto Hei
-Takeda Hei
-Golden Apple
--Blueberry
--Miyazawa-Hei, Medical Assistance

Bravo-Standby Team:
-Hamada Taii (Lead)
-Sune Hei (Medical)
-Valencia Hei
-Himeya Hei

The draft went to Hanako first, but she added. To keep things smooth, I'm sending Miyazawa to get the shuttle ready and into a suit. Will these teams work? I'm getting scanned presently.

Konoka, who now had more than enough information, received orders from the Chusa. Bring supplies you might need to the Golden Apple. Suit up, and assist any medical needs that might need to be addressed at the crash site. If there are none, you will back up the team.

Still, something was bothering her, and she imagined it was that when war returned, she didn't feel like they were doing enough. Getting out in her MINDY would help ease the veteran's mind on things. The other problem? Hamada was probably still anxious, and she didn't know when they would be able to speak privately. Did she keep drinking, or is she a light-weight? That is probably the most likely thing, I think.. Kurusu mused, her hunch had come from experience, and the odd way the quiet woman had behaved earlier in the wardroom. It wasn't that she blamed her.

Not even a bit.

"Hurry, Sune-hei. I need to get down there."

Hanako was growing impatient. "I believe Hamada-Taii already had a team designated. In any case, we have made contact with the surface. I would not be opposed to sending down both shuttles; Golden Apple could go first with whoever is immediately available, preferably a shuttle pilot and a medic, and then Telemachus, with whoever is being held up by scans."

"Ramiro, plot a course for..." Hanako began, weighing her options between Nataria and the Ketsurui Military Sector. "...Nataria, by way of the South Gate."

Nataria? Why Nataria? That seems odd. Ramiro thought this to himself as he took a deep breath and obeyed orders as he should. He quickly plotted in a course to take them into the Samurai Sector through the east gateway and then up to Nataria via the galactic route. Once the course was imputed he set the ship on standby so it was ready to leave at a moments notice. Something didn't seem right to him and if there was anything Ramiro was it was suspicious and cautious.

Again Ramiro and the Eucharis received an answer in text,
Code:
3XF
Coordinates were embedded in the message, they were at the base of the same ridge, offset from the Freighter south by only a few meters.

Sune gave Misaki an injection from the hypospray and applied the booster patch. While he waited for her scan to complete he approached the Taii. He focused on the task which was all that mattered. "Taii, if you would please have a seat here I will commence the medical scan." Once the Taii was seated he gave her an injection of scanner nanomachines and applied the patch. He then waited paitently for the scan to complete. While it only took ten minutes to get the necessary data, time seemed to stretch for Sune.

Finally the hand unit flashed the results for Misaki. Sune walked over to her "Kurusu-Chusa I am pleased to report that you are in perfect health. There is no sign of an infection." He then looked at the data display for the Taii in his Uno glasses. The scan was complete and there was no sign of infection, there was a significant level of alcohol. That may be responsible for her behavior earlier. he thought. "Hamada-Taii, your scan is clear as well. Whatever this biological weapon is, you have not been exposed to either."

Did she? Good. I'm going to suit up and I'll be out with the first shuttle. My scan is clear. Misaki sent back, hopping from the medical table. "We have to go, Taii. Five minutes ago." The Chusa nodded at her, and made her tracks to the armor bay. Once inside, she made short work of her clothes, putting them away in the suit compartment, along with her sidearm. Glancing at the MINDY 1H waiting for her, the woman spared herself one moment to touch her suit, which had since become a part of her after it was rescued from the Asamoya.

She slipped inside the armor, and pulled the helmets on as it sealed around her bare form, sending a shiver up her spine. While the indicators flashed to her, the NH-27 licked her lips, and tested the movements, sending a green indicator to the bridge on her status.

"The Taii shouldn't be far behind me." Misaki noted aloud, to herself. That she wasn't infected made her feel better.

"Golden Apple, this is Kurusu Chusa. Waiting standby with you."

"Bridge, Kurusu. Standing by."

Better get that kind of rifle..there we go. Okay, so..set. Now that I know what's going on again. As soon as we get them from down there, we can go help. Won't even have to get out of the MINDY. Come on, Misaki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back