Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.2C] Charlie Team / Blueprints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramiro ran towards the fallen attackers without a second thought. Making sure to keep his head low in case there was anyone they didn't know about he approached the bodies. "Seems like there are 5 of them sir," he yelled back to Sune. He searched the attackers, gathered their belongings, and at Kumiko's mention of card access he raised one of the key cards he had found on the assailants. "A key card like this." He tossed her the key card and then walked over towards Sune. "Four of them seemed to be carrying SMGs and each had a key card" Ramiro said as he dropped the SMGs at Sune's feet, then pulled the rest of the key cards out of his pockets and handed them over. "One of them, who I'm going to guess was the leader, had the key card that I just tossed Kumiko, this weird pistol..." Ramiro handed Sune the Pestris Pistol, "...And he was also carrying these." Ramiro then handed Sune some pictures, each one with a different crew member on them. "Security here has to be compromised. Otherwise alarms would have been going off, they wouldn't be able to get their hands on these weapons so easily, and they wouldn't have access to the security cameras in order to get these pictures."

Sune looked at the items Ramiro had gathered. "Okay, we will each take one of the Elysian SMGs. We may need the added fire power. You hang onto those key cards we may need them. They had no communications gear? Guess they must be using the station communications system."

At the mention of comm gear Ramiro's mind thought back and then he said, "I wasn't really concerned about checking for communications gear, I'll go look quick." He jogged back over to the attackers and searched, he found a couple of headsets, only 1 was still working, and a comm was found on the person Ramiro suspected to be the leader. He immediately handed them over to Sune.

Kumiko caught the pass card Ramiro tossed to her, and turned back to the maintenance panels. Well, lets see what I can do with this. She slid the card into one of the slots, and heard the lock on one of the panels disengage. Opening it up, she found a control panel for the maintenance system. Tapping some keys, she pulled up the schematics for the area. She turned back to the others. "Sir? It looks like this other panel is an access panel to the maintenance tunnels. I think we can descend the rest of the way through these tunnels, or at least get around the blown out door."

((OOC: I should post something so that she would not be forgotten. :lol: ))

Nika had been busy, mainly in SPINE interface, as she poked around the security systems of the space station. The meal earlier was exceptionally good and helped the neko quite abit on her morale, no matter how much disappointed she had trying to break into the sytem of the intended target without causing an alarm.

"Ok send a little of this program here and there... then try prodding with this trojan..." She watched the process as they were intercepted, rejected, and ignored, "Since these don't work..."

"Himeya-Hei..." Chrisma chimed in, "Perhaps you could try intercepting outgoing data packages, maybe from there you can find ways instead of poking around."

"Been doing that, but so far nothing interesting... hold on..." Nika intercepted a very suspicious data not of Elysian coding and made a copy before letting the original go in its way, "Looks like we got something..." She quickly decode it, revealing the data to be a video recording of a section of the station where she recognise the Charlie Team, weapons drawn, looking down at five bodies, "Why is this being sent out and the station's alarm didnt go off? Unless... its being comprimised from within?" She wondered, looking at the video again, not sure on what to do next...

Sune took one of the SMG's and slung it over his shoulder. "Valencia you hang on to the communications gear. Monitor any enemy chatter, it may give us an advantage as long as they do not change frequencies or encryption." He wondered if Junko was having success in the office.

"Endoh, open the hatch to the maintenance shaft we will use that to complete our descent. After that, using the control panel see if you can crash see if you can create some sort of power surge to knock out the internal cameras. Probably can not do it for the whole station, but anything we can do to hinder our enemies the better."

"Yes sir." She then reached over, and inserted the key card into the second slot, hearing another audible release. She opened the hatch slightly so she didn't have to unlock it again, and turned back to the control panel. A power outage? I dunno, seems too risky. She paused for a moment, thinking. But what if I could find a way to trip the breakers? Rather than create an outage or surge, make the computers think that there was a surge, and throw the power? With a course of action in mind, she set to tapping in commands. Nothing overly complicated; she wasn't familiar enough with these systems for that. Just a simple line of code which should make the system read as if there was a surge.

Junko smacked the side of the terminal in frustration. She was an engineer, not a hacker. Had she been in a more charitable mood, she might have conceded that she did have a good deal of experience working with computing systems, and her understanding of the engineered functionality of the environments like this space station contributed to her ability to access and use such access to any systems controls. At the moment, though, she had found another network dead end, and was feeling anything but charitable. Slipping around the terminal's access restrictions had been easy enough - even setting up the terminal to slip into the station's network undetected hadn't been too difficult - but she had rapidly discovered that the station's designers had implemented widespread compartmentalization of systems; whether from paranoia or prudence, she couldn't tell. Intent aside, the effect was that the most critical subsystems and classified information were secreted away in closed circuit networks, inaccessible but from terminals in specific physical locations in the station.

Thwarted again, she took her hands off of the input panel and stared at the network map shown on the terminal's display, trying to intimidate it into surrender. To her great surprise, it worked. A rather evil grin began to spread across her face as her access, with a few keystrokes, command inputs, and packet exchanges, began to widen. The information turn-around time was a little longer than she could have liked, though some lag was inevitable given that she had to route her access path through a remote terminal she had access to that had been accidentally left connected to another terminal that, finally, was properly connected to the compartmentalized network. After another moment of bypassing the secure terminal's restrictions and security she declared success, nearly every level of the station systems laid bare for viewing and, potentially, manipulation. As for getting around the station, her access revealed schematics for restricted maintenance passageways spreading throughout the starbase. She flagged the routes, and control feeds for security overrides and surveillance systems, for rapid access later, tying the interface to remote control from her communicator, secreted underneath her disguising robes. Laying a hand on the terminal – this time more of a satisfied pat – she turned around, suppressing her grin and stilling her features as she did. “Success, Jalen-Heisho. I have a complete technical readout of the station available, and access to system controls; there are a number of alternate, secure routes we can use to move around relatively unseen. If you'd like, I can set up your communicator for remote access.”

Ramiro nodded to Sune as he slung an SMG of his own over his shoulder. Ramiro put the headset on his head and began to hook it up to the comm he found on the would-be leader. He slipped his comm out of the slot on his belt and replaced it with the new one. His old comm was just slipped into his pocket. Once he was finished he got a quick idea. He grabbed one of the broken headsets and used it to jam the elevator door open so that way the elevator would stay at that floor, this way someone wouldn't call for the elevator and find it with a bunch of bullet holes in the back. Ramiro then heard Junko say something about full access with the stations computers. He popped his head up and yelled over to Junko, "If you have that much access and clearance do you think you would be able to access the blue prints we need from here, because that would definitely save us some time."

Sune pondered Junko's report. "Takeda-Heisho, go ahead and make the access connection for my communicator as a backup. That capability will be of benefit to not only our team but the others if they run into difficulties."

He turned to Kumiko, "Endoh-Hei, After disabling any surveillance on this level, open both the blast shutters, and the door to the maintenance conduit. It will leave our enemies wondering where we have gone."

"Valencia-Heisho, while it might be possible for Takeda-Heisho to try and do as you say. That would only accomplish half our mission. We need to get the designers as well as the blueprints. Accessing the plans from here would probably alert our enemies of our objective and they would get to the designers before we do."

He then sent an encrypted text message to the other two teams.

Charlie Team said:
Encryption active. Message begins-
Team was ambushed when lift was overridden. No injuries sustained. Station systems are definitely compromised. Takeda-Heisho has managed for now to establish access to station systems. She can assist other teams with station systems.
Jalen-Heisho
EOM

Kumiko glanced up when Sune spoke to her again. "Of course, sir." She turned back to the console, and tapped in a few more commands, opening up the blast doors as well. She glanced over, checking to ensure the maintenance door was still slightly open, then, upon confirming that, typed in some quick assessment commands, to certify that the surveillance system had in fact in fact gone down. She then went ahead and ran her newly created 'power surge' code through the system, and waited to see if it triggered correctly.

Sune walked over to the door to the maintenance conduit. Opening it he took note of the dimensions. It was considerably larger than the ones he had been forces to maneuver through on the Paradise wearing power armor. But then here he was encumbered by the disguise wings. I am spending entirely too much time crawling through the inner workings of things lately. he thought. He noticed two things about the conduit. First according to the number emblazoned on the wall across from them they were in fact three levels from the deck with the designers. Secondly there was a blast shutter closed one level beneath them and above.

He turned back towards Kumiko, “Endoh-Hei there is blast shutter deployed beneath us. Once you complete your task there, take whatever actions necessary to open it. Okay Team, instead of two levels to descend we have three. We will descend in pairs to each level with the other pair providing cover just in case of hostilities. Endoh-Hei you will go with me.”

Kumiko's scans showed her that her program had run successfully. But they also picked up that there was something which was slowing, even attempting to block it's progress. "Sir? We may want to split up. It looks like someone is attempting to eliminate my code. I can program in some basic protection, but without knowledge of how good they are, I can't guarantee the system will stay down. So far as I can tell, we can split up, and leave me, and possibly one of the others here, and the other group continues while I support from here, making sure that the system stays down the entire time, or we go as a group, with me leaving behind what I can to protect my work, and we hope I can find more computers ahead if necessary." She continued to type as she did so, sending a basic string of open and unseal codes at the blast door.

As Kumiko continued her work on getting her program to work, a different program came along and removed the subroutines that were holding up her program. Moments later the hallway was filled with an audible crackle and pop and smoke issued from the nearest surveillance camera. The next one down the line followed suit and as the surge spread out the system monitor showed cameras were blowing out all over the station. The status board showed that her program had been replicated and was running multiple threads across the station.

Sune after pondering Kumiko’s suggestion replied. “Endoh-Hei I appreciate your offer but breaking the team up at this point is not a viable option. There is no guarantee that we could regroup. For the time being our chances are better if we stay together. Valencia-Heisho you take point now that Endoh-Hei has opened the blast shutter. She will go along with you to watch your back while you are climbing down. Takeda-Heisho and I will follow down once you make it to the appropriate level.

Ramiro listened closely as orders were given. Once Sune was finished Ramiro responded with a quick, "Yes sir." He walked over to the opening, motioned form Kumiko to follow, and then slowly started climbing down the conduit. At every level he would grab the sides of the ladder, rather than the rungs, so that way he could quickly slide past that level. That way if there was anybody ready to ambush them he would be well past them before they had the chance.

Kumiko's eyes widened. "Well, actually, that won't be a problem anymore. It, ah, seems I forgot to set the limits properly on my program. Whoever is back-hacking it now has to deal with quite a few copies of it, so..." She shrugged. "We should be fine for a fair amount of time as it currently stands. So should the other teams, for that matter." She then followed Ramiro over to the opening. After he went in, she peered after him. Looking at her NSP, then back at the ladder, she sighed, and shifted her holster so she could reach it without jeopardizing her grip on the ladder if necessary. Following Ramiro, she opted for simply keeping both hands on the ladder rungs, reasoning that if no one shot at Ramiro, no one would be shooting at her. However, when the two men popped out of the hatch below her, she automatically swung on the ladder, freeing her left hand to grab her NSP. As soon as her body stopped moving, she fired two quick shots at one of the men.

Ramiro continued climbing down. When he heard the hatch open and two shots from Kumiko whizzing past him, he let go of the ladder, kicking whoever was poking their head out in the face, and grabbed for his gun. He reached with his left hand and grabbed one of the ladder rungs, although his feet missed. as his right hand whipped above his head and started firing shots at the two men.

Sune watching the progress of his team mates was positioned half in and out of the maintenance conduit. He had his NSP out and trained in their direction in case a problem arose. When the door below Ramiro and Kumiko opened he was prepared to fire. But had to hold off because his team mates in their efforts to take out the opposition were in his line of fire.

"Takeda, I will climb down, follow using your anti-gravity ability so we can provide the most cover for the others." he said.

Motioning for Junko to follow him he entered the conduit and started climbing down the side of the ladder so he could keep his left hand ready to use his weapon if necessary.

The two would be gunmen quickly fell under the assault of the Ramiro and Kumiko's NSP's. Fortunately there were no other gunmen waiting behind them.

Sune once he caught up with the two of them surveyed the scene. "Good work you two. No time to worry about hiding them. We only have one more level to our objective. Close the door and lets move on."

Sune then continued to descend with Junko along side him. Once he arrived at the proper level, he braced himself on the ladder, and with his NSP in his left hand, pressed the control to open the panel. With a soft pneumatic hiss the maintenance door opened. Sune waited, there was no immediate attack. Holstering his NSP, he pulled out his Type 31 Science Scanner, and performed a life form scan for Elysian, Yamataian, and Nekovalkyrja. The sensor scan showed there were none in the immediate vicinity. "Scanner shows the hallway is clear." He said to Junko motioning for her to proceed. After she stepped through he followed and stood in the doorway to provide cover for the other two of the team.

Junko taking stock of their location determined which way the Design Section was. "Jalen-Heisho, the office of the designers is that doorway on the left, about 20 meters down."

Once the attackers were taken out, Ramiro quickly did as Sune said and shoved the bodies back through the opening and then closed the hatch. He proceeded down the ladder and stopped below the hatch that they needed to go through. As he waited for Sune to open the hatch he grabbed the SMG he had slung over his shoulder earlier and pointed it towards the hatch. After the hatch was opened and nothing happened for a couple of seconds Ramiro proceeded through the hatch, then waited for orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back