• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 8.3] Cold Reception

Bridge

"That is worth keeping a still of." Misaki decided, reminding herself later to remember to have one of the passive scans produce a 3D likeness of the vessel that had come alongside the Tanoshimi, it could make her quarters seem less barren, "That vessel had fine lines, and I am partial to the coloring." The blue-haired officer explained to the bridge crew as they continued to descend, not outwardly concerned that they had been buzzed by the military vessel. It reminded her somewhat of an old Chiharu, though thinking of that gave her a bit of a pang of amusement. There were a lot of Nekovalkyrja that had fought with her from such vessels that would object to being thought of as old.

Looking to Josea, the officer nodded, "Use your discretion. I do not want them being misconstrued as tools of deception or aggression, but this is a momentous occasion. Check with Miss Kata'nova to determine their probable reception, then proceed and keep me informed. I will join the crew when we have landed."

Armory

Returned to active duty Araan began preparations for what was to come. He was infantry, but he had been derelict of his duties for too long now. He had been thankful for the administrative rest period to clear his head, but it was time the man got back to duty. Gods knew it was too long since he got his hands dirty. Sitting with his Infantry Battle Rifle across his lap he made a few last minute adjustments to his personal rifle before setting it back where it belonged. He was, admittedly, a little lost in what was going on currently. It was his crux, however, and he held firm to his resolution not to hold his team down. Coming to a stand he checked and stowed his personal pistol, before hitting the lift for the Cargo Bay.

Cargo Bay

Upon arrival to the Cargo Bay Araan looked around to the others, brushing a lock of his hair from his face. Perhaps it was time to give up the length of the mass upon his brow and just shave it down short? As he took the bemused thought to himself he looked around to see some familiar faces, and wondered how he would be received.

As Kata'nova listened in on the comm. chatter, a message soon appeared on her HUD - it was only in text form, not in vocal, which made her curious. She read the message to herself a few times, then nodded her head. "Bridge, my people are sending out a few ships to guide us in, they are not armed."

As if on cue, three small ships appeared out of a small hanger in the ice and flew up to the Tanoshimi, the first one took a position toward the front while the other two off to the port and starboard sides. The ships guided the Tano' down to the landing pad, and would stay with the ship until it landed.

Last edited:
Josea sent a message to Kata'nova. "Would your people object to our having some of our small drones present to visually record the proceedings."

Kata'nova cocked her head curiously, thinking on what Josea had said. "So long as they don't do anything that could make them a threat, it 'should' be fine," Kata'nova replied back.

Cargo Bay

Araan turned and looked to Eiven, overhearing the voice and piqued interest in events. Turning in full he faced the Acting Ensign, Eiven, and studied the man just a moment, every bit his opposite. Blond hair, cropped short, tan skin, opposed to Araan's own long, braided, black hair, and fair skin. He found the moment humorous, but quelled the desire to speak to the affect.

Instead he questioned his choice of words.

"How so, Ensign?" He inquired as he addressed his own uniform absent-mindedly.

Cargo Bay

Sheela looked over the Armors along with their operators, making sure everything was proceeding properly. She knew it rankled some of the Infantry that she was there. But she hoped that it gave them confidence that engineering technicians were there to assist and help them to have the best maintained equipment available to them and that help was ready accessible when prepping for a mission. She wasn't going to slack in her duties even if it meant taking the time from her other duties to make sure that the Infantry had the best support before going into a possible hostile situation, even though this was suppose to be a peaceful First Contact mission.

Rin woke up after a really long and good sleep that he was glad to have, but the smile on his face soon turned to a frown when he realised what time it was "Oh no I am late." He quickly got ready in his uniform and ran to the Cargo Bay.

Cargo Bay

Rin snuck into the Cargo Bay and stayed close to the back and pretended he had been there all the time and listened to everyone, he took a look at the armours quickly to make sure they were okay then looked at Sheela and grinned as he looked a lot better then when he came on this ship and was falling asleep. He was prepared for this and look ready for anything as he then got back into the group and and waited.

Cargo Bay

Sheela smiled at seeing Rin return to duty and looking much better. She slipped up behind him and spoke sofly, "Welcome back to the living. Hope yooz had a good nap." Her tone was light with a bit of teasing. She had seen him looking like he was ready to drop on the spot. "No worries. Everything shipshape. Wez are about land and meet up with Kata'nova's kin."

Cargo Bay

Rin jumped slightly and then chuckled seeing it was Sheela "It was amazing, just what someone needs after.." he paused to think how long it was "about a week I think of practically no sleep, so yea it is great to be back." He smiles widely when he hears the news about Kata'nova "That is good to hear, and glad there is a good engineer here with me, Sheela wasn't it?"

Cargo Bay ::

Sheela nodded. "Iz Sheela." She nodded quickly. "Yooz a Technician also?" Tilting her head a bit in curiosity.

Cargo Bay

It had become a whole lot busier since Eiven made his way down to welcome two people whom had teleported over from the Aeon. Additionally odd, the ones he had been sent for were also the soldiers whom had not spoken up yet either. The doctor almost wondered if the XO had begun sending more crew down in preparation to disembark.

The old man was unsure how much Aran knew about what his comment was related to, making him think about where to bring the soldier into context. Then there was how the discussion between Rin and Sheela was shaping up; especially with the Mousian's increasingly noticeable deft grasp of the obvious. The Minkan let out an extended breath of consternation before looking back to Aran.

"It looks as if our hosts will be asking us to take the scenic route," Eiven replied, "I wonder if that will change how the Chusa decides to structure the delegation party."

As the Tanoshimi entered the low atmosphere the winds stopped. The installation they were approaching was sheltered from the persistent wind by a large stone outcropping. The indicated landing pad was obvious even with the snow that was falling.

Cargo Bay

"Come on Rin, lets get yooz busy! Iz seriously doubt wez will be invited along." Sheela took off again, leaving the Cargo Bay to finish out her rounds of the ship. She 'felt' the change of the ship 's harmonics and vibrations as it dropped out of the wind. Which meant she could move about the ship without having to worry about injury due to the turbulence. "Is this yooz first assignment Rin?"

Smiling up at Rin as she opened a maintenance panel to visually check a control panel. She could've easily checked it from either the bridge or down in main engineering. But she liked the more paws on approach to her job as it kept her in good shape.

Cargo Bay

Yoshiro grabbed some cleaning tools and then started to clean his armor. He polished his armor and made sure that everything looked nice. "Ah now that looks good. I hope that I never have to use it though." He said to himself. He put the cleaning supplies away and watched the others interact with each other.

Cargo Bay

Saki waited on the far side of the Cargo Bay. She had her bodysuit on, along with a belt with her katana, knife and NSP. That should be just a regular thing, normal for serviceman. Well except the sword. Still she waited in the cargo especially to be near her PA. Her eyes watched Yoshiro, as he was polishing his armour. As usual, she smiled a bit when she saw the man. He seemed to always took interest in small things and small detail. Saki though personally did not care too much about look of her own armou, as long as it was not dirty. Polishing would just make it stand out a bit more and hence make its optic camouflage way worse. Not that it mattered much, because sensors were way more powerful, than people's eyes anyway.

Still Saki waited to see what will happen next and hoped to get picked as part of the meeting group. If nothing else, she wanted to protect Misaki, the woman seemd a bit too trusting. Hell it was possible they landed themselves in terrorist base and no one knows. Saki wanted to be around to be able to say something about it.

Bridge

Josea opened a channel throughout the Tanoshimi. "Attention all crew members. The Chusa has approved the use of FARS drones to record our activity on this planet. Configure your units for recording. We are not here to conduct intelligence operations. If traveling in a group limit yourselves to only one active FARS. If you should split up, you can then activate addition units."

As Sheela moved through the ship, doing her duty, wondered if she was going out with the team or staying aboard. She listened to the announcement from the bridge. She ended up on the bridge at the engineering station to monitor the ship from there for a bit.

Cargo Bay

The announcement about FARS drones soon brought up a horrible image in Eiven's head, causing him to tense up a small amount.

"I should probably see what mine is up to," the cadet spoke up, "Saki, Tanaka; get everyone ready for when myself and/or the Chusa get back. We're here for diplomacy first; but don't stow your instincts."

The doctor then gave a nod around before making his way out of the Cargo Bay.

Medical

The disaster that the old man was expecting had not come true. A couple datapads had found themselves tossed on the floor; but otherwise, not much had changed. The FARS on the other hand perched on one of the beds, the holographic emoticon curled up as if sleeping. That was, until the machine had registered that the door had closed and the ears popped up in Eiven's direction; then it looked up at him with accusatory eyes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back