• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.4] Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
With the Aeon's help, the Eucharis safely made it back to Yamatai, where it docked in the squadron's Ikoi-class Light Starbase. Technicians from Ketsurui Fleet Yards were standing by when the ship arrived, and as soon as the ship was "cooled down" they went to work removing most of the of damaged front end and began replacing the damaged portions of the hull and frame with new parts.

Hanako breathed a sigh of relief once the repair crews took over. Her crew would have at least one day to relax before heading out again, and she remembers there was a new crew member waiting to join them. Stripping off her AMES suit, the Taisa returned to her cabin (checking first to make sure the Ikoi had put the air back in it) and changed into a civilian outfit consisting of black leggings and a cream-colored sweater. She then waited at the main docking port (on the ship's port side).

Takeyu sat down onto a chair within his cabin. He had no other place to be at, so he figured that no one would mind for the time being. He had made certain the area had oxygen before slipping out of his AMES.

Sweat rolled down his face and onto the ground. "That was hard-day," he said to himself and let out a sigh of relief. He was glad to be alive despite everything that had happened, and he was glad to be on a ship that had such amazing luck.

"The Eucharis, huh... I hope we serve together for a mighty long time," he smiled gently and placed his hand on the wall. Though he couldn't see them, he could hear the starbase's technicians as they were fixing up the ship.

His mind replayed everything that had transpired, him meeting the Taisa onboard Veritas, then coming aboard and being told to help one of the other techs.

After which the battles started and he had been thrown into the thick of it. As he sat there pondering the various out-comes, he came to one very obvious conclusion. "I survived, and that's all that matters," he said and stood up.

He wanted to continue repairs, but his hands were pained with small bruises from handling the panels and they throbbed with small bits of pain. Walking into the nearby bathroom, he took a towel that was still on its rack, despite the ship being tossed around earlier. He wiped his face clean and then ran the towel down the legnth of his arms and legs.

When he was done he set the towel aside and looked into the mirror; which in this case was slightly cracked along the bottom and through the middle - it caused a double image of himself to appear. "Well, I guess I can just be thankful," he said as he turned his head from side to side and nodded satisfactory to himself.

Taking a look around the room he nodded to himself and headed out of the guest quarters. He then headed to the ships port-side, mostly to enjoy the view and get a breather.

As he walked in his eyes fell upon the captain. "T-Taisa!" he said in a slightly surprised tone. "Did you want me to leave ma'am?" he asked her carefully.

Sune entered the Ikoi Starbase where the Eucharis was being repaired. He walked with the assistance of a medical cane. Like the Eucharis I find myself needing to complete repairs. he thought. Wearing a uniform supplied by the Aeon crew he walked to where the ship was. First order of business, find the Taisa, and find out what her orders are. he thought.

Finding the Taisa was actually easier than Sune had expected as she was near the hatch. He came to attention, and performed a careful bow. "Permission to come aboard ma'am."

Ramiro sighed with relief as he shuttle touched down. He took a second to catch his breath before standing up and heading off the shuttle. He made his way through the Aeon until he approached the exit ramp. He made his way off the ship and stopped, wondering what he should do. Looking down at his torn uniform, he decided to pick a new one up from his cabin, and make sure that nothing was damaged. He approached the ship in time to get there just after Sune. Ramiro bowed to the Taisa before stepping forward and saying, "and I Taisa," adding to what Sune had said.

"Permission granted," Hanako told Ramiro and Sune. She looked to Takeyu. "The station commander says dinner for us should be ready in 30 minutes, and that we are welcome to use the guest quarters and other facilities as we please. In the meantime, I need to attend to my recent purchases and some guests that came along with them."

"Thank you Taisa," Ramiro said as he bowed one last time and headed into the ship. He made his way to his quarters, happy that they were still in one piece, and grabbed a new uniform. He took off his AMES and quickly changed into the new uniform. He then switched his belt and holster over to the second uniform, holstering his NSP as he finished. The last thing he did before he left was reach into his trunk and pull out the Elysian SMG that he had acquired on the last mission. He looked over it to make sure it hadn't gotten damaged; pulled out the clip and looked it over before slamming it back into place. Satisfied that it hadn't been damaged he said happily to himself, "I love this gun," before placing it back into the trunk and exiting the ship.

"Thank you Taisa," Takeyu said with a curteous bow of his head. He looked over at the ship and smiled slightly, he was hoping to get back onboard sometime soon and get back to work - not repairing stuff made him feel out of place.

With the operation finally over as the ship docked at the starbase, Nika made sure the repair crews fully took over before heading to the living quarters of the ship, which survived the attack. With the life support kicking in, she removed her AMES and gave herself a quick wipedown with a wet towel to refresh herself. Her burn wounds had recovered much, but her breathing is still heavy, which hurts slightly with each breath. With that done, she donned her uniform and decided to look for Hanako, who had left the bridge earlier.

Nika found the Taisa at the port side alright, however, on seeing Sune and Ramiro as well, she felt very uneasy, not sure how to approach them after that near fatal incident. Overhearing about the dinner, she quickly stood aside as Ramiro went passed her without much notice, now only leaving Sune as Hanako left to settle some of her personal matters.

Gathering enough courage, she was about to exit the ship, when Sune was already up on the walkway and Ramiro was coincidentally behind her...

"Jalen Heisho... Valencia Heisho..." Nika stammered as the trio regrouped, "I'm terribly sorry for what had happened..." She looked down, ears drooping as she twiddled her thumbs...

Sune turned to face Nika, "Himeya-Hei..." Sune paused to consider how to put the Neko at ease. "We were all caught up in the battle. Doing our best to try and stop the Mishhuvurthyar from getting away. The only thing damaged was the power armor. I believe the expression is no harm no foul." Sune gave her a wink.

"Now if you will excuse me, I wish to go to my quarters to change into a proper fitting uniform. I will see you shortly aboard the station. First round of drinks is on you?" Sune said with a chuckle, and resumed his travel to his cabin.

Once in the cabin he shared with Ramiro he removed the air cast and set about to changing into a clean properly fitting uniform. He looked at the NSP 27 that he acquired during the prior mission. I must check with the Taisa regarding policy for acquired weapons. he thought. With the cast back in place he surveyed himself in the mirror. He picked up his Uno sunglasses, and his ICP. He then made his way out of the Eucharis and in search for the dining facility on the starbase.

"Nika, everything is fine. No one is hurt and you were just doing what you thought best. Now do me a favor and don't worry yourself over it." He descended the walkway and stopped at the bottom, calling out behind him, "Although a free round of drinks does sound good." He waited for Sune to exit the ship before turning to him and asking, "So do you know where the mess hall is?"

Sune turned to Ramiro. "Actually Ramiro, I do." he said tapping his Uno Sunglasses, "Thanks to these and my SA communicator." Sune then turned to Nika, "Himeya-Hei, you coming along?"

Frail fingers soared upward, cutting a rift in the air as it passed ever-onward. They arched, seemed to grasp hold of something; a tingle in their nerves that was scarcely alive long enough to have meaning. The tension passed, and rigidity left the digits, and the hand relinquished the air and fell back to Oski’s side. Nothing felt right today.

Something about how his thoughts were aligned with his head today just wasn’t right. As accustomed to change as he had become over his lifetime, he always found himself restless and uncoordinated when upon the threshold of a new and drastic change of things. Today was no exception in the least. He’d paced the limited floor space of his room a dozen times over, and must have walked the hallway beyond at least half so when he threatened to burn a hole in the floor. With the manic state of his anxiety well-accounted for, he’d retired himself to staring up at the ceiling of his room, exchanging short bursts of sign with Yuuki over his Communicator to take the edge off his active hands.

The device resting on his chest let out a decisive ‘ping’ to announce the arrival of a message, in this particular case a message from one of the Starbase’s service crewmembers that had kindly agreed to notify him of the YSS Eucharis’ arrival. His hands flicked and danced across its surface, thanking the man for his time, and then rolled from the pleasant discomfort of the bed and set down the hallway toward the Dock.

His thoughts fell heavily on his brow, but as the fateful destination loomed closer on the elevator’s panel, he was quick to wipe them away to the darkness behind his eyes. Putting the final touches on straightening his uniform, Oski’s hand unconsciously retrieved a small plastic contact case from his pocket, flipping it open to reveal a matching color for each of his genetically-fragmented eyes. He delicately removed the forest green slip, applied a small dose of solution, and sealed away the murky purple of his right eye to conformity.

Oski bowed his head politely to the crewmembers he encountered on his way about the Dock, doing his best to take note of the faces and temperaments that hid behind the sweat and grime of battle. He soon found that the Captain was nowhere to be found among these faces, and chided himself on his lateness. His fingers danced back across the Communicator, going through the usual channels to make contact with the Taisa.

Taisa Ketsurui Hanako,

I apologize for not being able to meet you upon the Eucharis’ arrival, text makes for a poor impression. I am Santô Hei Oski Kita, SAINT Intelligence Operative, reporting for duty under your command. I understand you and your crew are well in need of some respite, so I will make myself available for review whenever is convenient. For now, I wish you well for your safe return and look forward to working under you and with the crew.

Regards,
Santô Hei Oski Kita

Nika felt relieved when both Sune and Ramiro were not at all angry over the incident. Then again, it had been a very risky decision on her part in trying stop the escaping shuttle.

"A round of drinks for the two of you then!" She perked up as Sune returned from his quick trip to the ship's cabine.

Nashoba said:
Sune then turned to Nika, "Himeya-Hei, you coming along?"

"Of course I'm coming along!" She replied happily, "Seriously hope nothing like that happens again..." She grinned.

Takeyu leaned up against the railings; his expression neutral. He watched the work being done on the Eucharis and had to wonder what to do next. He still had an interview to perform with the Taisa and had to figure out a way to ask her, he had always hated asking for stuff.

My bad habit; being unable to ask someone for stuff... he thought and let out a depressing sigh. Perhaps after dinner I'll ask her, that might be the best time, a smile creased his face.

He turned around and pressed his back against the rails. His NSP Pistol hung lazily to his side, he patted it lightly and made a quick check to see if it was still working after all the action they had gone through. It still registered as being in working order and that made him happy.

With that he pushed off and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He placed his hand on his communicator and thought about it for a few moments before sending off a message to the Taisa. "Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if she asked me why I didn't ask her here," he said.

Taisa Ketsurui Hanako, Santô Hei Nayacesen Takeyu here.

I understand that I still need to undertake an interview. I will make myself available for the rest of the day.

Takeyu pondered what he'd do next, since dinner wasn't that far away he decided to just make his way there. He took a glance at Nika and the others, but for some reason felt that he wasn't in the right to ask about accompanying them. Being a space-born person has made him a bit asocial at times when he really wanted interaction.

Ramiro followed Sune as they walked to the diner. After Nika had spoken he thought about it for a moment before saying, "Well if it does happen again, that just means that me and Sune will get another free round." He grinned slightly and nudged her a little, to show that he was messing around.

A voice echoed loudly throughout the cavernous starship repair bay and through the interiors of the starship and station: "Santô Hei Nayacesen Takeyu and Santô Hei Oski Kita, please report to the Eucharis cargo bay."

Below the gangway from the Eucharis to the station interior, an extended cargo platform ran out to the ship's cargo bay, where various vehicles, cargo containers, and boxes were being shuffled around. The Taisa was inside of the bay, speaking with a group of four scrawny Elysian girls.

Takeyu was half way to the dining area when his ears perked.

"Santô Hei Nayacesen Takeyu and Santô Hei Oski Kita, please report to the Eucharis cargo bay."

He quickly turned around and started jogging back to the bay. He passed by several dock-workers, some of which were shaking their heads at how the sensor dish looked. Though he couldn't hear them, he knew what they were most likely thinking.

After boarding the ship he quickly headed for the cargobay. He knew were it was, considering it was where he had hooked up the portable aether generators, of course he had to wonder if they were still there or if they had been removed.

As he entered the bay, his eyes fell upon the Taisa. He ran up to her, stopping just a few feet and gave a bow.

"Santô Hei Nayacesen Takeyu reporting as ordered ma'am!" he said and came to attention.

The burst of life in the PA system snapped Oski from his reassumed reverie.

A voice echoed loudly throughout the cavernous starship repair bay and through the interiors of the starship and station: "Santô Hei Nayacesen Takeyu and Santô Hei Oski Kita, please report to the Eucharis cargo bay."

His limbs filled with fire and he quickly did a turnabout for the war-torn craft. The dock, now emptied of the disembarking crew, had refilled itself with various technicians and mechanics all prodding at mechanisms of the Eucharis.

He weaved around these groups as anonymously as possible, stepping into the opened cargo hold of the ship. He strode up alongside another soldier, Santô Hei rank like himself. Most likely the Nayacesen Takeyu that had been mentioned over the loudspeaker. He mused momentarily at which was his first name. Judging by the language, it was likely Takeyu, but Oski's own name defied the tennets of Yamataian tradition so there was no telling.

He spoke swiftly. "Santô Hei Oski Kita, reporting as ordered Taisa." He spoke swiftly, the suddenly chilled tempo of his voice a totally alien creature from the ball of nerves that had been pacing the hallways only an hour prior. He waited quietly for the Captain to finish her business.

Gabriel said:
Ramiro followed Sune as they walked to the diner. After Nika had spoken he thought about it for a moment before saying, "Well if it does happen again, that just means that me and Sune will get another free round." He grinned slightly and nudged her a little, to show that he was messing around.

Nika's eyes widened for abit as Ramiro's comment bit into her at first, then the grinning followed by the nudge released the sudden tension being brought up.

"It definately won't happen again... even when it does... both of you gets many free 'rounds' literally..." She stuck her tongue out, already mentally calculating how much tumbles in space they will have if an explosion hits them.

In the medbay Tasuku continued talking with Konoka,
"You're right Miyazawa, I'm not wood, I'm not steel, I wasn't created for war.. but.. I couldn't stop until I thought we we're safe, pain is normal, I've felt it before.. and I'm not about to be replaced because someone gets the idea I'm obsolete.. I'm sorry.. that's something else.. just try not to make a big deal about this in front of the others okay.." Tasuku paused, he hadn't meant to say that second part.

Tasuku sighed, he still looked warm, his brow still damp from sweat, "Anyway.. my left arm feels like its going to fall off, but the hand feels numb. And then there's my eye.." Tasuku just shook his head and looked away from Konoka staring down to the floor, he knew underneath the bandage his eye was destroyed, ruined by the blast and shrapnel in the Elysian station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back