• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 9.0] Trouble in Deep Waters

A message appeared for Katae to tell her about the newest addition to her crew

Code:
Dear Taisa Ise Katae,

There will be a delivery for you of our newest AI, they will be entered to your crew to she how they do with working as a team and how the AI learns.

The AI otherwise known as LT-7830, is a solider for you, we have made them to be good in this occupation, but if needed you can tech them other occupations on shore leave so they can help out more.

LT-7830 has also taken to the name Bjorn, we took the liberty of downloading the crew roster into Bjorn so that he knows who he will be working with.

Thank you for allowing us to do this,

Chief Engineer Samuel Hackson
Deneric Industries.

Bjorn walked up to his new home, he uniform was on and he checked through the data of the crew again making sure he knew who he was going to see and nodded to himself as he stepped onto the ship and closed his eyes. He made his way deeper into the ship wondering where the crew was, he found a MEGAMI point and asked where the crew was and thanked them after they told him where to go.

Wardroom

Bjorn walked into the wardroom his baggage still with him, he nodded when he saw the Taisa and made his way to them "Hello there Ma'am, I am LT-7830 I believe you are expecting me" he salutes the Taisa and locks in place so he wont offend "I am the new solider AI and your new crewmember."

Wardroom

Katae returned Kata'nova's bow with a small one of her own. "Nice of you to join us Yontô Hei." She replied with a slight look of scorn. "Hopefully you have heard enough of the briefing, if not Eternity will bring you up to speed. I understand that your circadian rhythm does not sync up with ours normally. I suggest you meet with our medic after the meeting. Perhaps he can work up something to help with that."

She then looked at Bjorn. "Well our medic will not be of service to you. However, you need to present your technical specifications to our engineers, Usaga Hisa and Swiftpaw Sheela. They need to have a good understanding of your systems in order to maintain and repair you."

Katae stood up and adjusted her tunic. "What information we have on the Rixxor that our sister ship the Eucharis encountered is available to all of you. There is one other formal task to be attended to. Eiven Lankinen Shoi Kohosei, you have served the Star Army and the Aeon well. Therefore effective immediately you are promoted to the rank of Shoi." She handed him his rank pins with a smile.

"Crew dismissed, we launch in 15 minutes. XO, meet me in my cabin." she turned and walked out of the room.

"Squeakies! Shoi Eiven!" Sheela sang out as Katae and the XO left the briefing room. "Iz mean, Congratulations!" Then she was gone from the room, scampering happily to parts unknown aboard the Aeon to make sure things were secured for flight.

Wardroom

For the rest of the briefin, Saki kept silent. There was not much else she wanted to say, the rules of engagement were clear. It was not just to get out there and find the bad guys. If there would be no bad guys, then they would have to find what happened to the shifts. Hopefully it would be no rift in space or something. Saki read about those happening every now and then.

Then the giant walked into the room. Saki raised her head and looked at the android, her eyes went wide, but she managed to keep her mouth closed at least. That was one of the biggest person she has ever seen. Without saying much the neko gave the bot a nod, realising how much she preferred to be around the neshaten, where she was generally the tallest person in the room. Bjorn reminded her how short she really was.

"Congratulation Shoi," Saki said as Eiven got promoted. The doctor deserved so she did not mind. It is not like it meant much for her. She was infantry and armourer, in combat situation a doctor usually could not pull a rank on her anyway. Well he could, but it would be bad idea. The expertise was not the same.

Wardroom -> Engineering Bay

Bjorn nodded to Katae and unlocked himself "Okay Ma'am, I shall head down and give them my information" he looked over at the other crewmembers in the Wardroom and nodded to them all "I hope you all are as good as your information says" the LED display for his eyes glow a bit brighter as he headed towards the door. His body starts to glow red as the 'veins' across the chassis light up "I shall see all of you around the ship" he leaves then travels towards engineering, the MEGAMI was happy enough to let him download the ship.

When he reached Engineering he shouted "Hello is anyone there!" he walked around the area "I was told to come here, you require my information.."

Wardroom

Saki listened to Bjorn, her eyes narrowing. She watched him carefully now. The awe of his size now gone, instead she started calculating. She wondered what he would be capable of and why was he a bit abrasive. The blue-haired neko just watched him walk away through doors. The neko sat back in the chari, folding her hands on her chest. The woman frowned.

"Did he just try to intimidate us and afirm dominance? With the glow and stuff?" Saki said still looking at the doors. "Size is not everything." She added.

Engineering

Sheela stood up at looked at the towering behemoth. "Of Course." Came scampering up to him to look Bjorn over. Tapping her knuckles on his various limbs. "Open up, so I may have a peek." There was awe in her voice at seeing an actual Robot? Android? standing before her. " Yooz have a name?" Coming around to stand before him, looking up at Bjorn.

Engineering

Bjorn looked at the Sheela as she walked to him "Well um I can repair myself, and I um don't need help" he sighed after he said this knowing that he would still need to let them see. He closed his eyes as his chest and head opened up to reveal his inner working to Sheela "Here you go, it is all in these two places, it is what a normal robot would have." He pointed out what each thing was and where it was, when done he closed up and looked for a panel "I can also download my information and everything for you if you require Sheela?" his veins go green as he glides a hand of the invisible line on his body making sure it had shut properly "I am LT-7830, but my creators gave me the nickname Bjorn."

Engineering

Sheela climbed up on a stool to peer into Bjorn's open head to take a look and then into open panel on his chest. She looked closely. "Whot is the main locomotive power? Hydraulics? Pneumatic? Gears? yooz need a recharge station? Whot are your operating range? Bjorn." She gave thought to his question. "Download the info into this data notepad." Holding out the desired e-notepad to Bjorn. "Iz will have to go through the data before wez upload to the ship's main computer."

PA Bay

Yoshiro had ignored Bjorn's statement in the ward room and headed to the armor bay. It wasn't that the statment had made him angry or anything, but it was just the fact that if he wanted to see him do his work, he would do it by making sure that every piece of equipment was on working order and use it to protect the people of Yamatai. He quickly slipped into his armor after checking the interfaces making sure that they were ready. "I am the sword of those who have gone before me and sacrificed their souls for me to live. Inside my heart beat the drums of war. Those that rage against me shall perish by the cut of a thousand souls." Yoshiro spoke reciting a poem he had read in school or at least read when he decided to stay in school. After a few moments suiting up he decided to arm his power armor.

"Eternity, can you suggest some weapons and equipment for this mission? We have unknown possibly hostile contacts and I need weapons that can at least slow them down. If you have better ideas though, I would love to hear them." He said to Eternity and waited for an answer. He started humming a tune that he had heard as a teen and remembered to this very day.

Engineering

Bjorn's finger turned to a data slot as he slide it into her e-notepad and made a weird noise, on the notepad it said LT-7830 data downloading, Bjorn looked at the girl "This.... will... take... awhile" he tried to focus on his speech "I am Hydraulically movable, so I will need to refill every so often, it needs to be changed every week as if it gets too bad I can seize up, I have a month long power supply that is rechargeable." He lets out a grunt as the notebook pinged saying it was done, he gently pulled out and looks at her "So I have read your information but that is all.... should I expect forcefully repairs from you or can I repair myself?"

Engineering

Sheela took the e-notepad back and began looking over the schematic of LT-7830 and specifications. She looked up at Bjorn. "Yooz can repair yoozself. But when needing parts, yooz need to go through mez or mez supervisor. If mez supervisor says otherwise. Its fine with mez." Sheela spoke. "If yooz need the final fine touches. Iz recommend yooz come sees mez for optimum performance in the mechanical portion of yooz systems. Will this be acting as a back up for yooz if yooz gets killed?"

She patted the e-notepad as it ran a scan for viruses imbedded in the download from from Bjorn.

Captain's Suite

Katae walked briskly to her cabin. She pulled the map of the territory and pondered it. Needle in a haystack took on a new meaning when the haystack was measured in light-years. Their first objective was to gather data. Examination of the area around each attack site held the potential for important information. After all a ship that completely vanished meant something vastly different that a civilian vessel destroyed and left adrift. Plus with all of the squadron coordinating their scan. It was possible they could pick up indications of the direction the attackers came in from, and which way they headed after. Interpolation of the separate sites, should narrow down their haystack.

While she waited for Misaki's she pondered how best to use their newest crew member.

Kata'nova stretched her arms, she had indeed heard a bit of the mission but would converse with the ships AI just to be certain. "Ah, Eternity?" she spoke as she clasped her hands behind her back. "Can you inform the captain that there is something I must discuss with her please? A matter of importance." As she awaited a response, the Kit pulled out a data-crystal from her sachel and look at it, turning it over in her fingers. It was a special crystal, one of a classified nature, meaning that only certain people could access it - one being herself - she'd have to code it later so that Katae could access it as well but she would only be able to do that when in her people's territory, she often hated policy.

I wonder what the next step is for my people.... she pondered to herself and continued to twirl the crystal inbetween her fingers.

PA Bay

Saki walked into the PA bay to revisit her armour, check everything and make sure it was armed. She wanted to be able to just run down her and climb in. So she did some basic maintenance, swapped filters and some other small parts. Just to be sure. Then she prepared a LASR with SLAG and ammunition, mounter a barrier module, Gauss Cannon and Missile launcher on her armour. She put capacitors on the armours legs.

"Hmm," she finally said as she finished her work and looked at Yoshiro. "You know, I don't like that robot. He looked pretty damn weird."

Engineering

Bjorn looked at the girl "I think that is expectable, just be warned I don't like being touched that much on the inside and will let you know if you do something wrong" he tilted his head at the next part and nodded "Yes that can be used, but the main thing is a chip in my skull, if you remove that when the body can't do anything, you can place it in anything and it will allow me to take control of that until my body is repaired or a new one has came." He decided that he could get used to this girl and he looked at the girl "I guess you seem okay and I enjoyed your information... would you like to be the one I come to for repairs, I was told I need to learn to rely on others."

He looked around the Bay "So um Sheela, I was wondering if you could give me a tour, your MEGAMI told me where everything was, but I would like a tour and greet other members of the crew." He realised something "I am living in here or the PA Bay right, I don't want to take up a bed I don't need."

Engineering

Sheela looked up at Bjorn. "Iz would like that. This way wez can keep yooz in optimum running conditions. Wez can make an addition copy of yooz. But leave the software... Programming?..." looking up at Bjorn, " Except for the basic motor functions which wez would have to do. Just to move it and store it. Wez would have to go through mez chain of command and the CO's approval to start on the temp back up as yooz main body..." Sheela reaches out and pats Bjorn on the upper belly. "...gets repaired. This way yooz whont miss much action." Sheela glances back at the e-notepad and nods, seeing it had no malicious software programs and virus's that would be detrimental to the Aeon.

She looked around the engineering and it was pretty crowded as it. "Iz don't have quarters assigned yet, mezself. Iz have a corner here." Motioning Bjorn to follow as she lead the way to her little corner of the section. "Yooz can stay here with mez."

She worked Bjorn into her weekly routine.

PA bay

"I wouldn't worry too much. I wasn't much good when I first got here too, remember." Yoshiro said to Saki. "He is a member of the crew so he has two choices, step up or step off. Besides it's his first mission so we need to give him the support that we would give anyone else." He grabbed a LASR and with SLAG as well. He attached a Gauss cannon to his shoulder and countermeasure pods as well. He took a barrier module and shield capacitor for protection.

Last edited:
Captain's Suite

Misaki followed after ensuring no one in the ward room had specific questions. She left once most of the members of the crew headed to their duty stations. It surprised her they were playing host to an android, and it made her wonder what distinction would be made between herself and new variations on artificial life forms that had no bio-mechanical components. After she paused and waited to be summoned in in front of the captain's suite, the XO stepped inside.

"Reporting. Our preparations for sortie are all green." She chimed in, waiting for the door to close before wondering, "If we are to introduce combat units again, why this instead of an NIWS?" They were the good core to any hard-hitting anti-'mish team, at least if they were available. They were very useful, though as she thought more on it she added her suggestions to the sections of space they might be checking, highlighting which ship she thought would do best at investigating which section or particular anomaly, and what timetable should be assigned to each. Once she finished, the officer bounced it to the CO's datastream.

"I feel if we find them alive they would be injured, all sickbays have prepared for the more likely injuries." She added while calmly examining Katae's face.

Engineering

Bjorn looked around the small area and shook his head "I couldn't possibly take up any of your room, you need this room" he sighed "I will find somewhere else to stay Sheela." With that he turned away from the girl "you can contacted me if you need me, but I will go around the ship and greet the rest of the crew properly" he went to leave Engineering "unless you require me to stay, as my appointed repairer, you can request that I stay here if you need to do anything to this body."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back