• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 9.0] Trouble in Deep Waters

Armoury

Saki looked at the offered hand, than back at Bjorn. "Tell me Bjorn-san," The blue haired neko spoke. "Were you not programmed with military protocol? I am Arai Joto-hei to you or ma'am. I will let it be, because you are new. I suggest you keep it in mind though, because if you would call captain by her first name straight away, she would not take it as well. Just remember it. Ranks do matter in the military, friendship is something gained, not given out for free."

Captain's Suite

Katae watched her XO head to the bridge. Once the door closed she turned her attention to Kata'nova and spoke, "Proceed when you are ready. You are the second Liaison we have aboard the Aeon. Although you are a military one unlike Josea." She wondered what was on Kata's mind and how it would possibly affect their mission. She sent a mental message to Eternity.

Bridge
On Misaki's console a message appeared from Eternity. "Ma'am, the Taisa requests that you take the Aeon out of the starbase and lay in a course for our initial search point."

Bridge
"Hello, Eternity. Getting underway presently. We will begin the operation." She notified the squadron and then looked at the course they had already agreed upon to get to the first search point. After clearing the Aeon's departure with the base, the XO let the warship pull from dock, and soon they were going at safe speed from the perimeter.

Misaki's voice came in over the intercom, though she kept it out of the Captain's quarters, since she already knew, "This is the XO. We have launched, the mission has begun. All crew report to stations. All crew report to stations. Standby for alert condition three, we will go to battle stations when we are closer to the mission area." Once the intercom was off, she swept her hair over her right shoulder and leaned into the seat while the incoming telemetry from the ship and status reports from the others flooded through her digital brain. She set the main screen to standard information, and included a boarding team display for the secondary in light of the mission perimeters.

Engineering

Sheela monitoring her section of the consoles in the engineering. She relaxed at her console. Letting the ships harmonics and vibrations speak to her. She relaxed, knowing the ship just left its berthing and heading out to assigned sector.

Yoshiro cracked his neck as the ship prepared to leave the docks. "All right, let's do this!" He shouted pumping his fist in the air. He checked his weapons one last time and put on his helmet.

Captain's Suite

Kata'nova nodded and took out a data crystal that was in her pocket. "My people are grateful that you and your returned me to them, in recognition of that, you - as the captain - are being granted access to our territory. This crystal," she held it up - it was a black crystal, but despite its color, something glowed deep within. "Will broadcast a friend recognition code that my people will recognize, your ship won't be stopped by military patrols. However," she looked away from the captain briefly before looking back at her. "While our military won't stop you, I can't make any gurrentee's that others will exercise the same curtesy, my people are still nervous about outsiders."

"While in my people's territory, if you require assistance of any kind you just need to send out a message using this crystal; I've already brought the equipment on board that'll allow you to use it. However, I must ask that this equipment not be inspected or otherwise looked into, at least not right now," she wasn't going to tell Katae that all of her people's technology had failsafes built into them to prevent someone from tampering with it, and in this case, the equipment she had brought with her was of a special kind.

The girl wondered what more to say, this wasn't something she was used to doing after all - she more used to speaking to people younger than her.

Armoury

Bjorn looked at Saki and his eye display showed a sorry in it as he spoke "I am truly sorry Arai Joto-hei, as I spent most of my life with engineers and scientist I am not that used to calling people by their rank, I will reboot when I can so I will only do military protocol." He bows to Saki "I hope you will forgive as I don't want to be hated by the crew" his displayed turned back to eyes "I believe that I will be used as decoy in the next mission as I have no Star Army marks and it is the best thing, will you be on the away crew."

Captain's Suite

Katae took the crystal and examined it. "I presume you know how to connect this device in question, or have the instructions that our technicians can follow? After all it will not do us any good if we short it out trying to connect it." she said with a grin. "So what is your occupation in your Navy? So we can determine where you should be stationed. Typically a Liaison would be on the bridge. So depending on your training we can find something for you there perhaps."

She then activated her intercom and opened a channel to the Engineering. "Switftpaw-Hei, our newest crew member is out of dress so to say. We need to get some sort of a placard that he can wear when we meet with our fellow soldiers. Get with Bjorn and see if the two of you can come up with something that he can attach when we are in normal settings, and remove when we go into combat."

Engineering

"Squeakies! It'll be done immediately, Taisa Ise," Sheela responded. She moved to the fabrication section and looked thoughtful. then inputted in specification. She made a plaque holder that would be attached to Bjorn. Then the plaque that held his name, current rank and ship he was assigned to. She polished it up nicely so that it would look impressive. The plaque holder was subdued so that it wouldn't draw attention to him if he had to remain covert.

Captain's Suite

Kata'nova thought for a moment on how best to answer the questions given to her. "I know how to operate the equipment, as it is standard on our ships; but I don't think there'd be an issue if I were to provide some instruction to the ships techs just in case I am not around. My occupation is a Combat Aviator, which for my military meant I'd be operating either starfighters, scouts, or a dropship of some kind." The girl smiled at this, she would love nothing more than to get back behind the controls of a fighter, or better, a dropship - but that likelyhood was rather low being on a Yamataian starship.

Medical

Eiven looked up as if trying to face the announcement, then eyeballed an AMES.

"FARS," he then spoke up, "prepare triage and first aid sub-routines and stand by."

When the cat nodded and hopped off the bed, the doctor began going over stocks. As standard, everything was not moving anywhere without a person's intention; but he wanted a few things available - quick at hand. A few hypospray vials were laid out and attached to trays near each table - PMS1, analgesics. sedatives, hemosynth - he did not want to be running any more than needed.

He also pulled out a container of bandages to stick down at each station as well before grabbing a couple injectors and added them to the lay out. The old man then took a 31C Medkit for his person, just in case he really did need to run somewhere. He then finished up by setting the hemosynth tubes to stand by.

With all that completed, Eiven looked over everything and saw that it was good. The FARS drone paced some, then sat down on the floor with it's ears up. The officer smiled, then sent the report back that Medical was ready.

"And away we go..." he chuckled to himself.

Engineering /Armory

Sheela once made the plaque and holder for Bjorn, took off through the ship carrying a hand held spot welder. She entered where the Bjorn and the others were. She waved to all. "Squi-eee," in form of greeting to the infantry.

"Squey! Bjorn." Sheela came up him. "Excuse me, all. I need to add something to Bjorn. Taisa Ise orders." She held up the subdued plaque holder to let Bjorn see and the Plaque that would slide into the holder. "Iz need to mount this to yooz metal frame while serving on this ship."

Armoury

Bjorn seemed to wince when he saw the welder and he gulped "Well okay then Ma'am" he knew he wouldn't like this feeling "The best place would be on my left chest place." he placed his hand there but then made a frowny face in his visor "It shows that I am part of this ship" he changed it is a smiling face "I guess I can use it and slide a piece a metal over it in combat so that it seems like a feature of the armour.

He closed his eyes "Please do this quickly, I hate the feel of a welder" he stood there ready to tank the pain.

Target site 1
Four teal spheres formed in normal space at the designated coordinates. When the spheres faded from site four Plumeria-Class Gunships were in their place. The squadron was positioned 1 light minute from each other in a box. All of the ship's commenced scanning of the surrounding space.

Close to the Aeon a small debris field was detected by the sensors.

Bridge

Katae had taken her place on the bridge before the Aeon had dropped back into normal space. "Nice transition to normal space XO. Commence scan of the area. Full spectrum active and passive systems." She picked up the handset and dialed ship wide. "Attention all hands. We have arrived at our first point of investigation. Stand by for further orders." she returned the handset to its cradle.

"Transmission detected." Eternity called out from the speakers.

Armoury

Sheela held the plaque holder in place and with expert touch. She squinted as she advanced the welder close. Just as she was about to trigger the welder, She gave her head a quick jerk, setting the protective goggles over her eyes.

Zzzzzit! Zzzzit! Zzzzzit! Zzzzit!

It was over with in less than 2 seconds. The well blended in plaque holder was in place as directed by Bjorn. She reached up and removed the goggles and then slid in the Name Plaque into its new home.

Bjorn :: YSS Aeon :: Santo-Hei

White lettering on Star Army Blue background.

"Squeeee..." She looked up at Bjorn. "All done. Yooz just slide the name plaque out before going into combat. Replacing it when safe." She spoke as she tested out her workmanship, seeing it held firm as it was now a permanent feature to Bjorn's metal body. "Come see me if yooz need a new name plaque."

She patted him on the shoulder. She put her equipment away. She looked at the others present. "While Iz here. Is there anything that needs mez attention?" Being respectful to the higher rank than she was.

Misaki made sure the alert level was at maximum around the ship, and sat back in her seat after nodding to Katae.

"Thank you, scanning, yes ma'am."

The XO remained connected with the ship as she always tended to, something about the presence of the vessel as something she could tap into always made her feel better, more connected to the space they traveled through. It helped that it also meant she could react much more easily to something happening even when she was off duty, but it became more than that after so many years aboard ship.

Medical

Eiven sat in the medical bay office ensuring his reports were up to date. In a way it seemed like just a formality as few things seemed to change in them. Then again, in this line of work, ensuring things remained the same was the goal, as differences could compromise a mission.

He had been nearly complete when the condition was bumped up higher. The doctor look a long breath out before grabbing his AMES. Though he never heard anything hit the ship or notice the lights flicker, the condition was what it was and being ready killed fewer people than being ill prepared.

The sensors started providing information with growing detail. There was a lot of residual energy signatures which clearly indicated that an attack had taken place recently. A number of metallic objects were detected in various sizes. They appeared to be spreading out in a dispersal pattern.

The EM scanners detected an intermittent radio signal. The message was cutting in and out, its signature indicated that it was a Ge-X3300 Escape Pod, there were six souls onboard. The pod was tumbling and was approximately 20 light seconds away on a bearing of 315 degrees relative to the Aeon. A large piece of debris most likely from a ship was detected about 45 light seconds on a heading of 45 degrees to starboard.

Sheela returned to Engineering after helping the Infantry with their gear if they needed it. Making sure everything was in the best working order possible for their survival. Even she could be a bit pushy at time, it was in the best interest of those that used the equipment and she wanted to them to have the best well maintained equipment that worked when the demand was placed on them.

She moved through the ship, making her rounds in checking various places about the ship that needed a constant checks and tweaking for the optimum performance. She patted the walls of the ship in a way that a mother would a child that had done something great.

Bridge
With the ship at alert one, Misaki reported on the sensor readings, "Taisa, there is already a debris field. Contact. Escape pod, 3-1-5, piece of the ship, at 4-5. I recommend we retrieve the pod, but keep an eye on the debris. Some raiders have been known to masquerade as flotsam."

She keyed the sickbay, "Doctor, this is the bridge. We have a pod on scanners, we read six on board. If you need non-critical assistance to get them to sickbay, pull it." She looked to Katae, wondering what she would choose to do, though she offered, "We can go to the pod ourselves, and send the shuttle to take readings on the debris, if it turns out to be trouble we can come about and render assistance. Alternatively, they can try to bring the pod back to us, as we investigate the debris, but I prefer we get the persons on-board to care. When we crack the pod one armor might be advisable present." The XO's expression hardened a bit as she remembered something from the war.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back