• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Setareh Wing [Mission Three] A View To A Kill

"Of course she won't. That's why it's dangerous," said Roza, cryptically. She placed her elbows on the table, and rocked back and forth on them. "I do my job, and only my job. That way, I don't get in trouble for not doing well enough at the tasks that are not for me to do, in the first place."

As the savory deliciousness of the air around her slammed home, Ishtar nearly let Naak's gratitude slip unnoticed. She'd been tracking the food like a blood hound. One of the great things about her physical shell? She could eat all she ever wanted, and never gain a pound more than she already weighed. Those poor, poor souls on the various plates and dishes were going to be reaped by the food reaper that was Ishtar.

Looking toward the table, she spared the Lanranr a small dip of the head before making a mad-dash to her seat. One of the Nohman guards had pulled the seat out for her while the others, one standing stationary nearby to guard. The other on the outer bounds of their little picnic doing the same while this one remained close at hand if things grew out of hand. Plopping down into her chair, her little nose twitched at what lay before her and everyone.

Temptation. At this very moment, Akjit knew the meaning of the word all too well.

On one hand, he was poised at the perfect vantage point. Were he a sniper, he would feel like he had a clear line of sight, the perfect windage, and a getaway route once the shot was taken. In reality, he had the most scenic view of the very people whom he immorally immortalized with poly-paper and pen-device; the only right thing to do was to draw, draw and draw! At least, that was what the Ivuori thought he would do. The moment the food was ready however, another of his senses came to the forefront; the smell. As the faint, gentle breeze shifted ever so slightly, he caught whiff, mouth watering. Hunger gnawed at his belly like a vicious animal. Yet, he wanted to draw. To take down their forms and turn them into gorgeous works of art!

This was so unfair.

"Um, can I have some too?" the scarred young man sheepishly asked them all a moment later.

Even though she'd been talked about, loving every moment of it even if it did reflect on her more troublesome side, Irfan was quick to look over at Akjit before smirking. It always was funny to see how male Iroma could be such goofballs.

"Duh, you slacker! Just get some! It's not like this is some formal ball!"

"Hey Irfan?
"Yeah-mfmrm!?"

They'd all be treated to the sight of Irfan turning to face Ki, the older Iroma's smile growing by the moment before she shoved a mouthful of meat into Irfan's open maw. But unfortunately for Irfan, this handler was far from done! With all of the group as her witnesses, Ki had a big and mischievous smile as she pinned the taller Iroma pilot and pushed some of her more phallic foods right into that big mouth. Irfan gagged, struggling lightly for all but a moment before biting down and chomping off an adorably bulging-cheek amount. Only then would Ki Lea retreat, laughing as Irfan rolled over to try to both chew and bury her face against the plate in an effort to spit out the excess.

"Now stop being so rude! Everyone, including Akjit, is here to have fun... so be that bubbly girl you can be and not the sassy one~."​

The chatter of his teammates provided a calming background noise to the beach. Altair attempted to appreciate the view, but was interrupted by his stomach growling.

As he lifted some meat onto a plate for himself, he heard Akjit's question and turned to address him.

"Sure. I don't see why not."

Altair then set his plate down and went about preparing a plate for Akjit before asking, "Which piece do you want?"

Last edited:
Karuah reached out and placed her hand on Roza's back and gave her a soft pat. "You might be thinking a bit too hard. There was some food lost, but it's not a big deal, you just wanted to help that's all. I don't think anyone really is going to fault you for that when there was no real harm. might be a little different in a combat situation, but this is just time to relax and enjoy. So if you're enjoying yourself it's fine."

"Humm... I forgot to bring a plate, so we'll see about that." Roza pauses for a couple more seconds, focused on the table, before pushing herself upright and heading to the back of the chow line to wait and collect her own meal, still taking a somewhat aggressive posture.

"T-thanks," Akjit replied. Though Ifran's enthusiasm shocked the young man a bit, Altair's harsher line had him hurry, just a bit more. Tentatively, nervously, the young man's eyes nervously darted about as he stuffed away his sketch book in a back pocket, the edge sticking out ever so slightly. Reaching for the food however, he soon bit into the tender morsel, enjoying the taste of something cooked with raw flame. "So..." he nervously began. "You guys been together for a while? Fly a lot of sorties together?"

Altair handed sat down next to Akjit and turned to speak to him.
"Not really. I've only been with the wing for two missions. And I'm not exactly popular among the more established members either."

Out of habit, Akjit nervously scooted ever so slightly away.

"Why's that?" he asked, doing his best to keep up the conversation. Immediately, the young man berated himself for asking it so bluntly, and promptly stuffed his mouth with another morsel of meat.

Altair sighed. It was good to be able to talk to someone.

"My views on killing and our enemies aren't the most 'correct'. I try to kill as little as I can, and unlike most of our crew, I don't view those we fight as targets that need to be eliminated, but as people."

"Mmmm," Akjit replied with a mouthful of food. Hearing that though, brought him back. Years and years back. Had it really been that long? He knew the answer.

"Yeah," he finally replied. How would he say it? He didn't want to come off as an ass. He wanted to be tactful about it. After all, he was in this same position before when he first began. "I've found out it's better fight your best though, because, if you hold back, someone else might have to pick up the slack," the scarred Ivuori began to explain.

Altair nodded. "Yeah. I don't fight to hurt the enemy, I fight to keep the enemy from hurting my team."

Altair swallowed the last of his meat.
"So what's your story?"

For a moment, Akjit just sat there. Sat there and did nothing at all as Altair's words sunk in. He hated the idea of killing, but wasn't this what he was trying to talk to the guy about? Tell him, carefully, that it was a bad idea? Maybe the other guy wasn't getting it because he was being too subtle? Yeah, that was it.

"U-um. If you do that though, someone else has to fight harder instead," the older of the two pointed out. His own personal story could wait.

Altair shook his head. "I meant that I fight my hardest not to kill the enemy, but to protect my team. Sometimes that means killing, but when I'm lucky, I don't have to kill in order to keep myself and my team safe."

Naak's datarod vibrated in her pocket as she ate another bite of the meat. She put a hand over her mouth as she chewed and let out a quasi-exasperated sigh that had excitement edging in on it.

She wanted this to be a very specific call.

"Dreamer's greetings," she said into it as she took the call. She gave a one word reply after a moment's worth of speech. "Understood."

She took the datarod away from her ear and stood as she bellowed, "Time to form up, Setareh Wing! Meet me in VANDR Bay B-5 next to where we've been staying in less time than it takes for a frahxit floatcrab's claw to get cracked! I will brief you on the mission there, once I myself have more information! Ki Lea, come with me! Ishtar, I want to see you there before anyone else as we'll need to discuss tactics. I'm going to rely on you heavily this mission!"

With that, she began to walk away from the lake and to where the mission officials awaited her.

Setareh wing, moving out!

Altair turned to look towards Akjit. However much he disliked killing, right now he had a job to do, and people to protect.

Setting down his plate, he spoke briefly. "Well I guess hearing about you will have to wait till some other time." Altair gave a last look to the beach before heading to his room in their housing area and slipping into his pilot suit and heading towards the hanger.

Rozalija sighed--or huffed, it could have been either--and skewered a piece of meat, so she could eat it along the way. She didn't wait a moment longer to walk off toward the hangar, holding either end of the skewer in front of her face as she waited for it to cool enough to take a bite.

By the time Naak managed to say her name, Ishtar had already hopped off her chair. Bubblegum Pink hair whipping behind her, the FIOMNI was practically sprinting away with two of her guards in tow easily keeping pace. Seemed she had anticipated the woman's desires. The third of her guard however remained. . . and seemed to be gathering together another plate of food. Wrapping it carefully in some bio-plastic it produced. Its trio of orange-yellow eyes roved over the remaining Frame Pilots, as if daring them to object before it too began to lope after its mistress.

Ki put on a small frown, relieving Irfan of a food-crammed mouth as she got up and quickly gathered her things to follow Naak. She'd been enjoying torturing the cocky pilot, it seemed, Irfan taking time to finish her meal before groaning.

"Urgh... way too much food... how's a gal supposed to fly after being forced to eat so much... pft... rugh~!"

Irfan had sat up and staggered to her feet, the Eyr Ranr's hair trailing along like a snake's lengthy body before she once more was up. She hadn't even got to swim and show off her killer looks, but the pilot followed along after the others without the same preservation lengths as Ishtar. With her swimsuit skin-tight, she moved over to the edge of the shindig to recover and pull on her own suit. It took a little attire adjustment, but she was at least somewhat presentable and capable as she turned to move towards the hanger. She'd been forced to bring her suit by Ki, but it certainly didn't stop her from a passing glance at the woman as she went off with the boss lady.

"Pft! Alright bozos! Let's go kick some tail!"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back