• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Neo-Seraph

Ethereal

Banned Member
Hello,

I got an IC request a long time ago to look into mixing Neo-Caelisolians with Seraph DNA, given Seraphs have been a underused element for ages and all Elysian types are essentially humans with wings compared to other races, which can mean they struggle to keep up in RPs with fighting.

I've been running Mochi under the 'random alien' rules since he started mixing them IC and it's been very fun to play with the old toys the Seraphs have, which have been out of RP for a while.

That's been working perfectly well, but I figured I'd submit an actual article so that anyone else playing an Elysian now or in future, can also see about trying it out in plots where combat comes up.

All of its contents are taken from already approved articles, just being repackaged as playable without looking like a blue weirdo.

Cheers

@Arbitrated

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not an official review or anything, just some comments and suggestions at this point. (I want to give some other people a chance to give feedback vs rushing into the review)

It would be nice if there was a defined history section that had dates for reference so that down the road people can see what year the research was done when the new type became available. It also would be nice to see some mention of what they bring to the military, maybe mention what occupations within the Star Army they are best suited for or would excel in to help highlight to players some 'suggested' possibilities. The only reason I mention this is that it might help bring some interest or encouragement for players to choose this path when creating a character.

It is nice to see some contributions that will bring Elysia into some focus, as Wes said the other day they are an important part of the YSE.

From a glance, this looks to be just about as powerful as an Eihei. I don’t really care too much about balance or whatever, but I’d like to suggest that there be a disclaimer noted in the submission mandating that GMs be made aware of the presence of this body in their plots, so that they can choose whether or not to allow something this powerful. In addition, I’d like to see some kind of restriction that makes it so that this body doesn’t just get handed out like candy to every Elysian PC in the Star Army, kind of like how Eihei bodies don’t get handed out to every Neko PC.

Of course, you don’t have to implement this as I’m not a reviewer, but I thought it needed to be noted.

Not an official review or anything, just some comments and suggestions at this point. (I want to give some other people a chance to give feedback vs rushing into the review)

It would be nice if there was a defined history section that had dates for reference so that down the road people can see what year the research was done when the new type became available. It also would be nice to see some mention of what they bring to the military, maybe mention what occupations within the Star Army they are best suited for or would excel in to help highlight to players some 'suggested' possibilities. The only reason I mention this is that it might help bring some interest or encouragement for players to choose this path when creating a character.

It is nice to see some contributions that will bring Elysia into some focus, as Wes said the other day they are an important part of the YSE.

I'll look at adding some more history, either before or after approval. Though, I'm not sure if anything new is brought to the SAOY in particular when it comes to adding suggestions to the page. I'd like to say they can do something standout when compared to the existing races and cheap/standard tech, but I don't think that's the case. The only thing I could really suggest is dive speed, but Nekos have better flight endurance etc. I submitted this as an Elysian article so that it could be used outside the SAOY for things like Independents, too, so I'd write that section as more general than just about the SAOY.

I mostly made this page to give Elysians a little more even standing with the capabilities of other races, rather than being so far behind as has been the case. Maybe if they were in other militaries there'd be some standout features, but not in the SAOY. I'll probably add that kind of section after approval, as I'll need to RP one for a while to get a better handle on things.

From a glance, this looks to be just about as powerful as an Eihei. I don’t really care too much about balance or whatever, but I’d like to suggest that there be a disclaimer noted in the submission mandating that GMs be made aware of the presence of this body in their plots, so that they can choose whether or not to allow something this powerful. In addition, I’d like to see some kind of restriction that makes it so that this body doesn’t just get handed out like candy to every Elysian PC in the Star Army, kind of like how Eihei bodies don’t get handed out to every Neko PC.

Of course, you don’t have to implement this as I’m not a reviewer, but I thought it needed to be noted.

In terms of how strong a Neo-S is, there's 3 flavours on the page. I'd say the first is as a Minkan is to a Human, with Neko comparisons being somewhere in the second and third. Regarding everyone getting one, players/characters need to ask Elysia (i.e. an Elysian FM) for permission first. Elysian characters have always been rarer than most other species so I don't think that'll change and I doubt they'll be seen so often in plots as Eihei for example. I'll think about adding a disclaimer to GMs but I'll need to check if the Eihei, ID-SOL, Senti or other similar pages have disclaimers first, as to not add one alone and needlessly discourage people. I'll do so either before or after approval but it shouldn't affect the main contents of the article as to delay it.

I do really like this idea, but at the same time i'm unsure what you mean by this.

Are blue weirdos somehow bad?

No - people can play what they want. Don't read into that because I promise you there's nothing to read into. Seraphs have historically been very strange creatures to try to play (no facial features, no hair or hairlike features, no emotions, stand around staring at walls, little higher brain function, not much free will) depending on the version. That was all I was referring to. If you think that comment has anything to do with Rathenkans or something, I want to reassure you it's purely a reference to 'true' Seraphs. To be honest, I haven't read enough about Random Alien physiology to even know if they are usually blue, and couldn't quantify their 'weirdness' for the same reason.

I remember getting the Neo-Caelisolan as a new playable species from Iemochi, but they never really picked up. Is there a way to merge Neo-Caelisolan and Neo-Seraph? Do we need two new playable subspecies for a species that hasn't had any new player characters in years? Is there a way to introduce these AND push for more Elysian play at the same time?

Also the whole, "property of Iemochi Seinosuke and the regional government of Elysia"... What if one of these dies on a saoy ship and they have a revive order, can the saoy create a body for them or is that *checks palm* ip infringement?

You don't have to answer these, but they're questions I thought.

In the end, nice work and good job to everyone for pushing through and creating.

In terms of how strong a Neo-S is, there's 3 flavours on the page. I'd say the first is as a Minkan is to a Human, with Neko comparisons being somewhere in the second and third. Regarding everyone getting one, players/characters need to ask Elysia (i.e. an Elysian FM) for permission first. Elysian characters have always been rarer than most other species so I don't think that'll change and I doubt they'll be seen so often in plots as Eihei for example. I'll think about adding a disclaimer to GMs but I'll need to check if the Eihei, ID-SOL, Senti or other similar pages have disclaimers first, as to not add one alone and needlessly discourage people. I'll do so either before or after approval but it shouldn't affect the main contents of the article as to delay it.
I'll discuss the capabilities of the 'Principality' variant, since that seems to be the one that is most relevant to my concerns.

"At the least, like an S18, they are capable enough to pick up one ton with either of their arms, or two if they are using both, and to carry this with a fair amount of ease. Their hands are equipped with five fingers, capable of astounding manipulating skills, and also possessing a vice-like grip."

First, this is obviously far and away superior to what a Minkan, a NH-33, an Operator or even an Eihei is capable of. We're talking 4000 pounds here, compared to the Eihei's 2,200. In addition, based on the presence of "At the least" it is implied that the civilian 'Angel' variant is capable of outlifting an Eihei.

"The Neo-S takes the S19's skin, also capable of changing color, a limited chameleon effect – not enough to create invisibility, only become transparent, but enough to greatly aid covert operations. This chameleon ability also applies to the wings. The heavily viscous, liquid nature of its body also allows for another capability drawn from (and improved from) past models - the ability to shift its physical appearance to represent that of an individual for whom a DNA sample is available. They can also assume a state of utter transparency, and lack any scent - making them useful in stealth, though this is far more commonly used for ambush."

This is basically the Eihei's External Hemosynthesis capability, maybe slightly nerfed, but I will note that the Chimeric Flesh capability has none of the Eihei's drawbacks of it taking time and energy to form. I don't think much more needs to be said on that.

"Its flesh is damage resistant, however designed more to protect against energy attacks rather than kinetic, with great resistance to even rapid energy changes such as those produced by energy weapons. The S19's capablity of regenerating large portions of body such as limbs or even the head (thanks to the decentralised nervous system) within minutes of injury was taken and utilised in the Neo-S. As per the S19, the Neo-S is capable of achieving intense bursts of speed and seemingly impossible examples of reaction times and reflexes. From the S17, the Neo-S's flesh is mostly liquid in form, able to absorb and regenerate vast amounts of physical damage while remaining operational. They are able to shape their flesh into weapons such as spikes and blades."

This is somewhat akin to the Eihei's armor capabilities, but with the added bonus of having effectively no weak points that could be exploited to reliably kill it, due to a lack of vital organs. There are no "headshots" here and its regenerative capabilities are measured by minutes, rather than hours like an NH-33 or a Minkan. Also, don't quote me on this but I think that Eihei can similarly use external hemosynthesis to create weapons from their flesh.

"Once given a task it can watch and adept to perform it. With some relevant information downloaded in to its brain, and it will be able to carry out that task with skill to rival a skilled worker. In concert with its other abilities, it can often out-do them as well."

This is a more debatable section, as the speed of Nekovalkyrja or Minkan learning can vary depending on who is being asked. Regardless, I will use the Star Army Training Methods and Times here as a guide, which could be interpreted to tell us that NH-33s don't actually learn that much faster than humans or alternatively, that humans aren't getting enough training. Regardless, based on the wording of this section, it seems that the Seraph can pick up new skills in a matter of minutes or hours, as compared to months for a NH-33.

"While they are actually designed in order to use weapons and indeed armour, these Seraphs also have natural weapons – their blood contains a powerful acid secretion and a highly powerful bite with its saliva operating again as a powerful acid. From the S18, the Neo-S's mouth is filled with similar sharp teeth. As an S17, when in a mortally wounded condition, the genetic build of their bodies can be altered to become highly corrosive - this is a last resort, and causes the Neo-S to destroy itself after a period of 2 standard hours. They can secrete the same toxins as the S11."

I don't think Eihei has anything that can compare to this, but I could see one using her external hemosynthesis to make her teeth sharp, though it might be a stretch to say that one could turn her blood into an acid.

Based on the wording of the submission, the 'Principality' variant is the standard "bioweapon body" for Elysians in the Star Army, akin to the NH-33 for Nekos, the ID-SOL for Nepleslians, and the Operator for the NDC. I hope you understand why it disturbs me that this standard bioweapon body can be so easily compared to the Eihei, which is decidedly not standard and is meant for elites.

Elysian characters have always been rarer than most other species so I don't think that'll change and I doubt they'll be seen so often in plots as Eihei for example.
I don't think this is an argument. Players aren't entitled to more power just because they decided to play an angel over a catgirl or an elf. Elysians have never been that uncommon to begin with. After humans, they're probably the most common non-Minkan/NH-33 species in the Star Army, player character wise, at least.

I remember getting the Neo-Caelisolan as a new playable species from Iemochi, but they never really picked up. Is there a way to merge Neo-Caelisolan and Neo-Seraph? Do we need two new playable subspecies for a species that hasn't had any new player characters in years? Is there a way to introduce these AND push for more Elysian play at the same time?

Also the whole, "property of Iemochi Seinosuke and the regional government of Elysia"... What if one of these dies on a saoy ship and they have a revive order, can the saoy create a body for them or is that *checks palm* ip infringement?

You don't have to answer these, but they're questions I thought.

In the end, nice work and good job to everyone for pushing through and creating.

There's been at least a couple of Neo-Cs over the years. There was one on the Wyvern, at least two in TF Inq, I have one and Arbs has a number. More than Phods, Kodians, Iroma, Delsaurian and a number of other races combined, I'd say. At least in the past few years, as you mentioned. I see what you mean about having two relatively similar subspecies, though.

The Neo-Cs exists as a way for characters to become Elysian in the same way that people can switch to a Minkan body. IC, it allows people who want to move to Elysia to do so by switching over reasonably easily (with some teething issues) and for Plebians/Caelisolians to switch social roles if they want to.

I think one of the reasons why it didn't pick up more is the lower "rule of cool" potential. Choosing a species for a PC which is only as durable as a human, especially in SAOY/combat plots is a hard decision.

The Neo-S is a way for people to play Elysians in military plots, rather than being as squishy as a regular human in a world of superhuman opponents. However, merging the more civilian Neo-C and the more restricted Neo-S would restrict people from playing civilian Elysians, or having their character convert to an Elysian, in my opinion. Especially as the way I've set it up means a character can't switch from a different race straight into a Neo-S, they have to spend a few years acclimatising as a regular Elysian (Neo-C) first.

As for dying - the intention is for Neo-S to be the same as Nekos in the sense that their composition is a controlled secret and you can't "pirate" them. I'm sure there's some Elysia-SAOY workaround but I'd rather not get hung up on the fluff of that kind of thing if possible.

I'll discuss the capabilities of the 'Principality' variant, since that seems to be the one that is most relevant to my concerns.

First, this is obviously far and away superior to what a Minkan, a NH-33, an Operator or even an Eihei is capable of. We're talking 4000 pounds here, compared to the Eihei's 2,200. In addition, based on the presence of "At the least" it is implied that the civilian 'Angel' variant is capable of outlifting an Eihei.

This is basically the Eihei's External Hemosynthesis capability, maybe slightly nerfed, but I will note that the Chimeric Flesh capability has none of the Eihei's drawbacks of it taking time and energy to form. I don't think much more needs to be said on that.

This is somewhat akin to the Eihei's armor capabilities, but with the added bonus of having effectively no weak points that could be exploited to reliably kill it, due to a lack of vital organs. There are no "headshots" here and its regenerative capabilities are measured by minutes, rather than hours like an NH-33 or a Minkan. Also, don't quote me on this but I think that Eihei's can similarly use external hemosynthesis to create weapons from their flesh.

This is a more debatable section, as the speed of Nekovalkyrja or Minkan learning can vary depending on who is being asked. Regardless, I will use the Star Army Training Methods and Times here as a guide, which could be interpreted to tell us that NH-33s don't actually learn that much faster than humans or alternatively, that humans aren't getting enough training. Regardless, based on the wording of this section, it seems that the Seraph can pick up new skills in a matter of minutes or hours, as compared to months for a NH-33.

I don't think Eihei has anything that can compare to this, but I could see one using her external hemosynthesis to make her teeth sharp, though it might be a stretch to say that one could turn her blood into an acid.

Based on the wording of the submission, the 'Principality' variant is the standard "bioweapon body" for Elysians in the Star Army, akin to the NH-33 for Nekos, the ID-SOL for Nepleslians, and the Operator for the NDC. I hope you understand why it disturbs me that this standard bioweapon body can be so easily compared to the Eihei, which is decidedly not standard and is meant for elites.

I don't think this is an argument. Players aren't entitled to more power just because they decided to play an angel over a catgirl or an elf. Elysians have never been that uncommon to begin with. After humans, they're probably the most common non-Minkan/NH-33 species in the Star Army, player character wise, at least.

I'm not going to read this until I have time, given the sheer size. It's quite disheartening to see such a reply. I'll just reiterate that everything added here already exists on other Seraph articles! Please read the referenced articles as they are mostly taken verbatim!

I'm not going to read this until I have time, given the sheer size. It's quite disheartening to see such a reply. I'll just reiterate that everything added here already exists on other Seraph articles!
I will note that the Nekovalkyrja have been subject to plenty of nerfs (See: NH-7 and 17 vs NH-29 and 33) in response to calls from the community. I don't see why the Seraphs should be exempt from this.

I imagine that the Neko nerfs were mostly down to the number of Nekos in the setting. Player characters have always had a case-by-case power ceiling. Durandium skulls, symbiotes, cybernetics, skinsuits with palm weapons and Tier 3 shields, or just having Tier 4 skin base.

Elysians use DNA and non-digital brains, whereas Nekos use nanomachines and digital brains. They're going to be better and worse at different things.

Regular NH-33s have bleedout protection, can not breathe for 10 minutes, are immune to diseases, parasites and toxins, have 100x zoom eyes, can share their memories via floppy disk, encrypt their thoughts, send data over 250km, have healing nanites in their blood, can feel electricity out to 12 inches, accelerate to 70mph from standing, project holograms and can send brain emails across the galaxy. They can also just transfer skills to each other via data. All of this is done without any external equipment.

Neo-S doesn't have any of these. They can still bleed out, suffocate, get diseases, parasites or toxins, can't see that far, can't share memories, can't encrypt their thoughts, can't send data, don't have nanites, can't feel electricity, have to flap their wings to accelerate, can't project holograms, can't transfer skills to each other and can't send emails with their brain.

In exchange, as you assessed, they can lift more, take a second or two less to change their skin, and take an energy weapon hit a bit better. Take from that what you will. I'm happy to tier the lift amount over the three.

At some point, I have to wonder whether you read your own submission. That said, I am going to attempt a break down here, while hopefully keeping it brief:
Regular NH-33s have bleedout protection
have healing nanites in their blood
'Principality' Neo-Seraphs can regenerate "large portions of [their] body...within minutes of injury"
can not breathe for 10 minutes
"From the S14, the Neo-S can breathe through their skin."
can send brain emails across the galaxy
"As the S19, they also have a natural form of radar and radio-communication."
They can also just transfer skills to each other via data
"Once given a task it can watch and adept to perform it. With some relevant information downloaded in to its brain, and it will be able to carry out that task with skill to rival a skilled worker. In concert with its other abilities, it can often out-do them as well."
have 100x zoom eyes
"As with the S19, the Neo-S has good low-light vision. It also has considerable senses: beyond eagle-like and infrared-range eyesight, a hearing ability far above human, and an advanced olfactory sense, capable of being used to track individuals."
Neo-S doesn't have any of these. They can still bleed out, suffocate, get diseases, parasites or toxins, can't see that far, can't share memories, can't encrypt their thoughts, can't send data, don't have nanites, can't feel electricity, have to flap their wings to accelerate, can't project holograms, can't transfer skills to each other and can't send emails with their brain.
With the exception of flight and electrosense, the Neo-Seraph has an equivalent for all these which matches or exceeds the ability of an NH-33 or an Eihei. The ability to regenerate implies a resistance to parasites and possibly toxins, as well. As far as I can tell, these capabilities outmatch those of an Eihei in almost every conceivable way.

Last edited:
Blood loss is blood loss? If you kept open a wound they would bleed out, unlike Nekos which can internally self-tourniquet..?

Even if you can breathe through your skin.. You can't breathe underwater or in space.. I don't see your point there.

Radar and radio is not the same as SACN integration. It doesn't stretch across continents let alone entire Sectors..

I can remove the brain download section of the Task Mimicry section, but that doesn't compare to sending an attachment to a SYNC message that teaches someone how to be a chess grandmaster. There's a difference between repeating a task and having a complete expert knowledge..

"Beyond eagle like" is clearly not 100x. Some birds can see 7-8x as far as a human, that's the max..

I disagree that regeneration equals immunity. Healing a wound doesn't stop the eggs in your blood hatching. Breathing in a constant stream of neurotoxin will still kill you. Immunity is always better than recovery..

If you're going to say "all", you'll need to give specific examples for each of those listed. I don't know how they even come close to encrypting thoughts, feeling electricity or casting holograms for example. I've already addressed the false equivalencies in the others..

There’s no point arguing apples to oranges. It will just get this thread locked.

If nobody has any actual help to give or anything beyond gate keeping then leave it for the ntse.

This kind of thing is literally what is killing the community; It’s sad.

Blood loss is blood loss? If you kept open a wound they would bleed out, unlike Nekos which can internally self-tourniquet..?

Even if you can breathe through your skin.. You can't breathe underwater or in space.. I don't see your point there.

Radar and radio is not the same as SACN integration. It doesn't stretch across continents let alone entire Sectors..

I can remove the brain download section of the Task Mimicry section, but that doesn't compare to sending an attachment to a SYNC message that teaches someone how to be a chess grandmaster. There's a difference between repeating a task and having a complete expert knowledge..

"Beyond eagle like" is clearly not 100x. Some birds can see 7-8x as far as a human, that's the max..

I disagree that regeneration equals immunity. Healing a wound doesn't stop the eggs in your blood hatching. Breathing in a constant stream of neurotoxin will still kill you. Immunity is always better than recovery..
If they can die from something as easy as blood loss, how are they capable of regenerating from having their heads blown off in a matter of minutes?

SACN integration is only when a Nekovalkyrja is connected to another system with a higher range and more power. She can't send messages that far on her own. That's like giving a human a microscope and saying that their eyes can zoom in 1000x.

"Beyond eagle like" is better than birds, eagles if we're being specific. Maybe try and read that sentence again. We also haven't considered the "advanced olfactory sense" which Nekos lack.
If you're going to say "all", you'll need to give specific examples for each of those listed. I don't know how they even come close to encrypting thoughts, feeling electricity or casting holograms for example. I've already addressed the false equivalencies in the others..
I gave specific examples for most of them, I'm just not sure if you read them.
If you can regenerate from having your head blown off in a matter of minutes, a microorganism eating your insides is nothing more than an annoyance.
There’s no point arguing apples to oranges.
I appreciate the sentiment, but a discussion surrounding a civilian body which is capable of outlifting an Eihei isn't something that can be reduced to just "apples and oranges"

I've said this other places, but I'll say this here too. We need to have trade-offs. I think the baseline person in the setting is probably quite a bit better than a RL human at this point. I'm not sure that the tradeoffs here are balanced for something that seems like almost anyone can get.

There are several ways to balance, my preferred solution tends to be a system where you only have a certain number of places that mods can go and that's it. However, there are other ways, such as being exclusive to a close knit group of elites or even a single person. I think if it was more limited or a thing for a single character, I'd have less reservations.

I think that in general, we should have single individuals who are more capable than elites and elites who are more capable than typical examples. I think we have to remember that we want dramatic characters who outshine the people who aren't player characters. Having this might go against some of those goals.

Overall, my sense of the setting is that the power levels are dropping in much the same way that one drops the volume of certain pieces of a musical composition so that there is more contrast.

Right now is the time to talk about this submission, see how the community feels before we make a decision. Because this IS a community where we all take our unique perspectives, suggestions, and ingredients and stir them into a more delicious stew than we could make on our own. Eth has made a lot of great contributions to this community, and I'm glad he's made this article. We need to give it the consideration it deserves with respect for other members of the community and without rancor. It's not like we can't undo mistakes.

Exsanguination is different to tissue damage. Neo-S is not immune to exsanguination, Nekos are. You can regenerate a head but if someone keeps shooting what you're healing, you're going to run out of blood as it just empties out. Unlike Nekos, they can't pinch it off deep inside far away from the wound. Sure, they can regenerate blood but if you open enough holes it's just going to run try like open taps if there's enough of them.

The SACN module doesn't specify it needs a SPINE, it even explicitly states it works for the Neko's wireless abilities. There's no article for the SACN but if it runs of PANTHEON this means that they can send and receive these messages from effectively infinite range as long as there's some kind of receiver within their area (which there always will be), effectively making it an intrinsic ability.

You gave examples for some, but I gave my arguments as to why they were false equivalencies, which you didn't address, and also you haven't touched a number of them. I had to have read them given I responded to them.

If you think parasites are easy, I refer you to the chestbursters from Alien, the facehuggers from Alien, the headcrabs from Half-Life, countless other potential threats and also Mishhu.

Which reminds me that Neo-S are not immune to psionic attacks like those from Mishhu. In exchange for "sniffs pretty good".

I agree that this is apples to oranges. It seems as if you're arguing from the position that nobody could ever exceed an Eihei in a single category, even at the sacrifice of all other abilities? There's about half a dozen abilities that have been dropped or reduced here even from a standard NH-33 if you're comparing them directly.

There was excitement in the thread before it devolved into this kind of strange gatekeeping. Honestly it's kind of pointless given anyone in a hardsuit or power armour instantly outclasses all species including Eihei. How often do we actually have combat outside of ships or PA? This submission was allow people playing Elysians to at least punch a tree without breaking their hand. I hope we can return to a place of positivity here.

I'd like to accomplish something that at least on one level gives the player a lot of leverage to work with, such as ID-SOLs and Nekos, but has trade offs and upsides that those don't. In effect, this means doing similar to what I've done. Drop a bunch of the more nanomachine-y, machine-y Neko abilities, introduce relative weaknesses and boost up one or two base traits as a trade off. Unless anyone has any cool direct swaps for Neko abilities that they can think of?

Just to clarify, my intention here was that this was a very exclusive kind of body to have, given it requires the authorisation of the Elysian Suzerainty (Elysian FM). Otherwise I would have made it available to all. If you want me to restrict it further I can, that's just the best version that came to mind. I mean, currently only one character has it and I it depends on our Elysian FMs who else gets a thumbs up. This is mostly to pass the torch to them to control how common it is inline with their visions and allow Elysian players to have an IC reason to RP to try and get in the good graces of the Elysian govt, if nothing else.

Once again, I get the feeling that you are attempting to deceive the community to your benefit. "sniffs are pretty good" versus what is actually in the article, "an advanced olfactory sense, capable of being used to track individuals". Are we even reading the same article here? How are they surviving decapitations and regenerating in minutes and at the same time I'm supposed to believe that they can bleed out? How is there so little concern over the fact that this thing is just about as strong as an Eihei with just one arm?

I need to remind you that in terms of balance, we're not really supposed to be comparing this to the Eihei, which it is STILL superior to. Based on the availability written in the submission, the Seraph's functional equivalent is supposed to be the base NH-33 , which it outclasses in almost every category with the exception of a few. Only Eihei bodies are capable of destroying parasites, NH-33s automatically decommission themselves so that their more powerful systems and SACN access doesn't fall into enemy hands.

The SACN nodule needs access to a network and something capable of supporting its demands. It's not an inherent ability like you're trying to paint it as.

I should also note that you haven't touched any of my points about the natural weapons, which are another Eihei-esque ability. I've conceded the electrosense (which in truth isn't really that significant of an ability to begin with compared to the ability to lift a ton with a single hand) and the flight ability. As for the holograms, the Neo-Seraph has an equivalent function in its Chimeric Flesh, which I should note offers stealth capabilities that the base NH-33 lacks.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back