• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Nepleslia] Job 1 - River Raising

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I hef everyzing wiz me." Gris noted to Helen, keeping in her seat for now. She could just wait with Helen for others to gather their stuff. The abwehran woman looked at the Lorath who came in last, she gave the Lmanel a nod of greetings. As far as aliens went, Gris liked lorath a bit more then others.

The were tough nation, though the toughest of them were made artificially. The Fyunnen were created by genetic manipulation and that seemed weak to Griselda. Effective, but it was cheating. Abwehrans on the other hand evolved into what they were naturally, which made them more then superior to pretty much all the other races in the known universe.

Still Gris did not hate others. It was not like they had any choice where they would be born and how they would evolve. Being a lesser race did not make them exactly incompetent anyway. Besides in some ways, natural strength and great body endurance and regeneration that made abwehran superior did not count for nothing. As far as mind was concerned so far there was not any indication that Abwehrans were more intelligent.

So on the field of science, other races could compete. Some races like yamataians were already more advanced, but it was only a matter of time till abwehrans catch up and when they do, they will already have perfect bodies and no need for artificial evolution that Yamatai chose. In time it will cause Yamatai to stagnate and stop moving forward. When that happens, it will stop and other races will overtake it.

Still Gris was happy there was no gartagen in the group. She could not stand those savage sand lizards. They were mostly rude and stuffed their noses when no one wanted them. Beside they smelled bad as well. Griselda even heard rumour of them defecating on each other and that was bad enough if it was true.

"Zo, if I ken ask." Gris looked at her boss. "Meine liebe Helen. That metal you found dere. Iz it precious? Could it lure bad company to uz? I prefer to shoot animalz rather zen people you know."

"Everything I need is in the packs on my Lintro, so as long as your transport with carry us, we are good to go." Jewel exclaimed, giving the assembled group a wink and a thumbs up. She just nodded to Seegar, a little oblivious to what he was doing, perking up a little as he spoke about having some experience and wanting to learn about her race.

"I can tell you whatever you like to know... I get confused on the feast days, but other then that, I know a lot! Oh...and some of the history...and some rituals...Erm..." Jewel bit her lip, realizing quickly just how out of sorts she was when it came to a lot of the knowledge of the Lorath. She had spent far to much time secluded underground...

"I'll uh...I'll just be outside with my Lintro." She said, exiting the pub to hop up onto the back of her bonded and transportation.

Giani shrugged, "Eh, it's probably going to take me like - thirty minutes ta' get the powder and that through customs since we're not goin' off-world with it. I won't really need to be there for that."

He glanced at the assembled party. With a shrug he motioned with the cybernetic arm to Helen, glancing her way.

"So 'less somebody needs me, I figure I'll just hang with the boss-lady."

Helen first nodded at Seegar. "An hour is good; that means less stress loading the shuttle for take off."

She then looked to Amelia; noticing some amount of apprehension, she nodded to the technologist. The older woman watched the other and the Lorath take off then looked at the others.

"All metal is precious, depending on whom you are selling it to," the geologist replied to Gris, "There are trace amounts of the rare stuff though; particularly a few platinum group metals. Nothing your average pirate could really find all that easily; but with the right tools..."

She then picked up her data pad and put it away, finishing the last of her beer at the end. "Well, I hope you're all ready for this. I'm going to check on our flight."

Local Shuttle Tarmac - Prime City Spaceport
Half an hour later

Helen circled around the various crates containing the supplies she had ordered for the group. They had complicated packing labels, however words like "Tents", "Power Generator", and "Water Filtration System" could be found if one looked, along with others. There were six all together, and the geologist went through each label to ensure everything was there.

"So, who wants to help make sure everything is properly in here," she then asked.

Local Shuttle Tarmac - Prime City Space Port

"I can help if you need it." Jewel said aloud as she reached sat on the back of her Lintro, who was currently sniffing said crates here and there with interest. The larger creature had been held back from doing the same to the oothers wsith a few scolding words in old Lorath, but otherwise had fallen to the sniffing, and at some in particular, scratching at the boxes.

"Hey! What did I tell you! Be good with the boxes no scratching!" She excalimed, smacking her bonded on the top of it's nose, making it respond with a odd gurgling noise that cwould only be thought of as a wthine.

"Hey! Hey!" Giani snapped, making a vague kicking motion from atop one of the crates, "Watch where ya' scratch! That's a water filter unit, ya' dumb mole." He hopped off of the new fully checked crate, "Don't need some giant, scary freakin' mole scratchin' it."

With a "harumph", the Nepleslian got a cigarette out of the pack still in his pocket and a click of his thumb-lighter later had him casually smoking away on his nicotine as he made his way over to where Helen stood. He thumbed with his good hand towards the crate he had just hopped off of with a small smile forming on his face as he did so.

"Already got started on it, boss-lady. All my gear is stowed. Water filter unit is good far as I know, but I'm no mechanic. Saw some of the tents." He shrugged, "Other than that there's still lotta' cargo to go through."

Two large black plastic crates, an overstuffed backpack, and a loose fitting leather holster bouncing on his leg, Seegar made quite the spectacle. It didn't help that he couldn't see where he was going and even then it wouldn't matter, his glasses had long ago slid off and rested neatly under his chin. He stumbled onto the pad, quite exhausted and dropped his crates gently next to the pile of equipment.

"I'm all set to go Helen. I even picked up a nice handgun to replace my missing one." He held up an antiquated and quite obviously used Nam Gyro .500. "I found this beauty in a pawn shop on the way here. The fine gentleman said it could take down a rampaging ID-SOL and even threw in a large case of mixed ammunition. Nifty isn't it?"

Replacing the gun into his leg holster, he set himself up and lifted the crates again. He moved behind some larger crates with his heavy load and heavy scuffling and a large crash ensued briefly. "Oh dangit! Who put this damned food crate here!" Expletives ensued as he smacked his forehead bending down to retrieve one of the crates. He obviously was starting this trip off the wrong way.

"Dat mole-hound haz a gutt smell yes?" The abwehran asked the lorath girl. Animals with good smell were great. They were better then any sensor could be. If something or someone would be coming, they would now it. Unless of course that someone would know from where to approach. Griselda found out that not many people knew about that. Especially raiders, pirates and that kind of sort. Gris did not like firefights, she got into one or two and once she even had to shoot a man. Hopefully no one would care about some metal. These people usually do not care, until the metal is all mined out and ready for a grab. One never knew though.

"I do not mind giving you help frau Helen. Wat needz to be done?" Griselda asked the fore-woman. She then noticed the mouthy nepleslian lighting a smoke. That made the abwehran frown. She did not like those, filled your nostrils with that smell and made it hard to smell other thing. Not to mention that its smell hung on your clothes and made animals wary when they smelt it.

Giani for his scolding got a hissing noise from the Lintro, the lips quivering up to show off some sharp teeth, but otherwise leaving him be. The smoke lighting up caused the beast to shake it's head and retreat away from the man, hiding behind Jewel.

"Great sense of smell, it's all they have undergound, so stuff like smoke really hurts their noses."

She had always held back from smoking whenever she was around her bonded, but that wasn't to say she didn't smoke at all. In her old line of work she had been around it so much that she had gotten hooked, and now smoked when her bonded was asleep. Of course she always took care to use odor nuetralizers whenever she could.

The xenotechnologist took a deep breath and approached the rest of the group, both hands wrestling against a duffel bag that hung from one shoulder, trying to keep it from pushing her into the ground, while a backpack pushed the other way. The bag clunked and clinked as she found a place to quietly lay down her bag, preferably away from the giant mole.

"I got everything I need." Amelia said to Helen before finding a place to set down her bag. She settled for setting it next to one of the crates, then stretched out the sore muscles on her back, twisting this way and that before standing on her tiptoes and raising both of her arms.

Helen looked over at Gris, "Mostly just open the top of the containers and make sure it's all looking right. I've been in this business long enough to know that not everyone is happy to have competition and sabotaging equipment is a good way to slow a team down.

"That sounds good so far Giani. Those tents ought to be cold weather, though, and there should be a cook tent as well," she replied to the linguist before turning around and looking at the pistol that Seegar got his hands on.

"Nice find, Doctor. I'm hoping everyone has at least some kind of weapon on them, just in case. Jewel, if it won't tease him, can you have Lintro inspect the food? Amelia, would you mind helping me check the generator?"

The geologist then cracked open the crate that had the power generator and started to look for things that were out of place. It was a small catalytic fusion generator that should keep them going for a few months - longer than what their re-supply cycle would end up being. Various cables and power jacks were also stored in the crate offering the ability to run or charge most electrically powered devices.

After another half an hour, and a through check, a loud sound could be heard approaching over head. Soon a Devint T5 Personal Shuttle could be seen circling above until it came in and landed about a dozen metres away. The rear airlock opened and out came a man and a woman, both blonde with green eyes, pulling pallet jacks.

Helen smiled at the couple approaching and waved.

"Took your time, Don!" she called out,

"Last customer needed things stacked 'perfectly'," the man replied with some irony, "Is this it?"

"This and passengers," the geologist replied, "Is this all you have to grab everything with?"

"Should have a dolly in there, if someone wants to grab that," the woman offered as she setup her jack under the crate for the generator.

Gris frowned, this was taking a bit too much time in her mind. The Abwehran walked to one of the smaller crates and simply picked it up, carrying it slowly into the shuttle. Abwehran physique was used to much higher gravity, which meant she was quite strong on this planet. So strong it could be compared to an ID-SOL. Gris personally hadted carrying things, but if it would speed things up and get them going, then she was all for it.

Once again, Amelia found herself struggling with the weight of the duffel bag and the backpack as she made her way up the ramp and inside the shuttle. She didn't ask anyone for help, though, and consigned herself to what would be a few weeks in the middle of nowhere.

"So where can I put this?" The xenotech asked either one of the couple that had come from the shuttle as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

Jewel started to help, grabbing the dolly to help Don and Helen with the generator. She was quick enough, sliding the tray underneath and planting a booted foot at the bottom to make sure the dolly didn't slide.

"Whenever you're ready." She said aloud, nodding to her. when pushed up and able to, Jewel would take the generator onto the ship followed by her Lintro.

The great doctor Fighlan had had quite enough lifting in his short time making his way to the landing pad and instead shifted his way onto the shuttle and diverted the cargo to places and occasionally critiqued the loaders' work with things like, "You could have put it closer to that one there," or "that crate could have been put on top of that one you know." For the time being, he was content to just sit back and watch while the bigger gentlemen and ladies did the heavy lifting. He was after all in his fine vestments and not really ready to dirty them up doing mundane work.

The man smiled, seeing the Abwehran grab the first crate. He then got his jack under another as his partner headed towards the shuttle with her own burden, following Gris. Helen picked up her bags and made her way onto the shuttle after.

"Hey Tara," the geologist smiled on her way up the ramp, "has he asked you yet?"

The woman of the partnership shook her head, "Honestly we haven't had time to."

Tara fitted the crate into place in the makeshift cargo area then hit the lever to drop the jack's forks. "Further in is the passenger area," she replied to Amelia, "It can all go in there." She then headed back out with her jack.

Don then came up the ramp to drop his crate off on the opposite side. Helen shot him a look, which he registered, but was not quite sure what to make of it. He let the forks down then pulled his jack out to grab the last crate seeing as Gris and Jewel had brought in two as well. Helen headed down to the foot of the ramp and called out.

"Ok everyone, I'm heading to the main building to see if anyone is missing, then we're leaving" the geologist called out, "Board the shuttle and strap in."

"Thanks." Amelia replied to Tara as she moved further down to the passenger area. The xenotechnologist picked up a random couch to sit in shuttle's quarters and dropped her belongings right in front of her, letting out a sigh of relief to have let go of the heavy luggage.

She sat there looking around and fiddling her thumbs as she waited for the rest of the crew to arrive and the shuttle to take off.

Griseld secured the cargo she carried in and also wrapped her big backpack to it. It was safest place and big pack like that had to be secured. Just to be sure, she took her revolver with her, putting it under her coat to her side. With that she went to passanger area and sat down, strapping herself into the seat. "Out for zee adventure jaa?" She said with smile to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back