• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [Nepleslia, Kinda] Aseri Zemith

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do you have an RP for this character to join, or is this sort of a general character or NPC?

Oh, okay. Sorry, the name totally looked like a character name!

The submission is rejected because the submission terms checkbox was not checked.

You can post "I agree to the terms of submission" in the thread and I'll accept that.

Okay, I think we just need a Nepleslian FM to post FM approval.

I reviewed the submission and it seems good to me.

It doesn't seem like it contributes to Nepleslia. It actually looks like something ready to break away from Nepleslia at any moment. Serious question I want to know: Is this going to end up being a breakaway faction or someone else's subculture in the future? If so, let's give them their own planet and save later heartbreak by knowing what's to come.

No, and no. I have no plans of attempting to break away from Nepleslia, or launch a military coup of Nepleslia. I do plan on having the Aseri going off and fighting pirates and criminals with their own private military group, but I didn't think there was a better place to put a page for them than under Nepleslia, since the majority of the Hanyadi are Nepleslian citizens, though most other Nepleslians would say they aren't Nepleslian enough.

There are some concerns i share with ame about putting all of ones eggs in the same basket and the wording of some thing in this article about why ye would even mention their temptations about a private army and how this can be seen, but ye word is ye word and ill take that at face value and honor that.

As for FM approval there are other things needed to be addressed first. Why does the aseri own and control Advancer Enterprises? I've seen the subtle edits to a lot of ye chars lately to their new hanyadi heritage which is fine, Tho im not a fan personally about shoe-horning in characters to suddenly be heirs or powerful figures of political or religious groups that's not what this is about but is the same kind of deal. The hanyadi as you've written them as adverse to the use of (but not banning the use of) cybernetic enhancements in general which categorize some of advancers products. This can be countered by the hanyadi's written health issues and advancer as being a medical firm.

This is not simply fixed by stating that some of the aseri zemith live there (on titania) as it makes them a conflict of interest in the eyes of the FM cadre with it being in the core of yamatai as recent changes to corporations require their chartering to be in factions they are based in primarily so by the fact that Advancer is not openly marketed in nepleslia and is marketed as yamatai and independent while also being based in yamatai space is a conflict of interest and continuity.

i know the temptation to link them to something you have control over but in this case it doesnt make a whole lot of sense and there is no desire at the moment to have nepleslian cultural group leadership figures outside of the nepleslian sphere of influence because in the future you can harm the faction out of spite (not that you would, its just our SOP to prevent future issues).

I wasn't able to write up the Hanyadi or the Aseri when I made Advancer- both because I was kicked out for being opposed to racist statements by members of the website, and because your and Legix's predecessors accused me of wanting to usurp control over Nepleslia. From the beginning though, this was planned, from the start.

The same thing I've been constantly accused of since I've gotten back, and it is a thing that infuriates me to no end, and you are aware just how much it infuriates me to constantly be accused of treachery when I've done no such things.

As for how the Aseri owning Advancer doesn't mesh with their culture, how does it not? The Hanyadi's opposition is to flagrant and overt cybernetics, not to cybernetics and human enhancement in general. Likewise, the only reason Advancer was originally in Yam space (You'll remember, mind you, that Advancer asked to be allowed to return its operations TO Nepleslia when I returned, because Kampfer banned me from doing anything in Nepleslia with my Nepleslian characters because he thought I was planning coup) was because I was banned from operating in Nepleslia space on fear of planning to usurp the faction like Uso.

That is what pisses me off. I cannot do anything, attempt to have any organization, attempt to make technology for Nepleslia, attempt to run plots for Nepleslia, without being accused of being a Second Zack. It is, frankly, insulting, and I tired of it.

Edit: Here's the message, never responded to, with Advancer announcing and requesting that they be allowed to return to Nepleslia with the hope that the new Premier (and new Faction Leadership) would be more reasonable: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum...f-the-democratic-imperium-of-nepleslia.64725/ .

You were not kicked for opposing racism, you were banned for inappropriate behavior and for going around to other websites attempting to slander my site on whatever forum would let you post on it, and if you continue to spread bullshit about me you will be banned again.

It does seem like there's an extraordinary amount of resistance to your submissions, which is a pattern. Whether it's because of you or other people, or some sliding scale of both, it's hard to say, but it looks like the bottleneck is the FM approval so let's first
  • Don't let whatever happened in the past affect stuff now - it's over and done with
  • Make sure the Nep FM questions are adequately answered in a way that satisfies them, not just you, so approval is given freely to you
  • Be patient
Nepleslia is a huge mishmash of cultures so we should be grateful that one of the subcultures is getting fleshed out.

If it doesn't work out the Hanyadi and Advancer are always welcome over at the other diverse faction of SARP, Yamatai. :)

Quick question regarding the Aseri Ghebbi sub-article: does Nepleslia actually have suburbs? They're mentioned in that article. I've only ever seen Nepleslia described as having mega-cities since I've been on SARP, though.
If it doesn't work out the Hanyadi and Advancer are always welcome over at the other diverse faction of SARP, Yamatai. :)
Advancer is already a Yamataian corporation. Amusingly, the company is based on one of Yamatai's most homogenous and business-restricted worlds, Tatiana.

I did but i was writing a lengthy rant and truth be told I actually didn't know about that advancer post (cant see everything ever, ye know.) but i see legix liked it so i recommend hitting him up on the discord about that and asking for some correspondence since hes been rather slow on the uptake about getting back into SARP and the best way is to reach out to him directly.

Ive deleted my rant cause for a second there i let the mask slip and was almost upset so heres a TL;DR instead:

There is no agenda against you or anything you do by ame legix or myself.

Stop telling people there is/ Stop assuming there is.

I personally appreciate every single thing you go through the effort to make.

i like new things and people who make new things.

Nobody ever once claimed you where trying to pull a zack or be like zack.

Stop taking things out of context.

I will @Legix for this post as the full FM so he can give his stance on all of this and possibly comment on the advancer movement back to nep.

I will be distancing myself from your submissions for a while to ensure there is no bias against you from at least myself.

This submission included.

Ame or legix can stamp them or comment on them.

This includes reviewing your submissions (Sorry syao and ame.)

Unless wes throws down a timer then ye stuck with me since i dont like things just being auto approved.

I do not believe there is an agenda against me. I am just very tired, not angry, not furious, just tired over constantly being accused or suspected of planning some nefarious act, or having to justify beyond a reasonable doubt everything I make and every single last detail of everything I make, not to submission reviewers, but to people who think they know better than the people in charge of reviewing submissions. It is tired, and I don't have the energy to fight with tooth and claw like I used to- I want to work with people, not against them.

To clarify, I do not believe any member of the site staff, or any FM, believes or accuses me of planning to do what Uso did. But certain players have consistently accused me of this, and they are consistent in their accusations.

Last edited:
Quick question regarding the Aseri Ghebbi sub-article: does Nepleslia actually have suburbs? They're mentioned in that article. I've only ever seen Nepleslia described as having mega-cities since I've been on SARP, though.

Advancer is already a Yamataian corporation. Amusingly, the company is based on one of Yamatai's most homogenous and business-restricted worlds, Tatiana.
They do have suburbs in their most rural areas, kinda like "frontier colonies" that you might see in space westerns; less-packed and somewhat free-for-building post-fires/destruction of older buildings.

As for this submission, I only see the sub-article. Where's the actual link?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back