• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Origin [New arrival] Hey there, Stranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was delicious." Camellia said to Sergio. And it was, Camellia nearly forgot what real food tasted like thanks to the treatment she received over the last while.

"Airlock... Right..." Aerin mumbled, disbelieving. still, he was here and seemed to simply be eccentric as opposed to dangerous, and it had not been long ago that she herself had done a similar thing, before starting this company. She decided she would keep an eye on him, but for now, she was content that he hadn't done anything harmful. "Well then, I suppose it would not hurt to continue the tour Camellia and I had going, seeing as you two seem finished with lunch now" the CEO offered.

Sergio nodded to both of them as he got to his feet. The man towered over the pair, it seemed as he had to stoop a little to pickup the dish, cup, and napkin before walking into the kitchen. The faint sounds of a water faucet being turned on, and the subsequent splashing drifting to their ears, cabinets opening and closing... Then he appeared again, hands free.

"Where do we start then, Little Miss?" Sergio inquired as he awaited the duo.

"Our next stop is the Barracks, one floor above." Aerin said, giving a bemused look to the huge Sergio before continuing on, leading the group out into the hallway and towards a small lift. Once the lift had taken them to their destination, they disembarked and walked to a set of doors, which Aerin led them into, revealing a large communal bunk room. "This was initally designed as a military ship, then converted to a research platform, so this room isn't quite set up correctly, but it has enough room for the crew, so it works for now. The next refit plans to seperate the bunks into men's and women's sections" Aerin explained, acting quite the tour guide.

Sergio rubbed his chin a little as he eyed the bunks. The man appeared thoughtful as he tried to do the measurements of his size to the bunks themselves. Truth be told, he didn't exactly feel thrilled about the prospect of his feet dangling off the end.

"Erm," He coughed politely and pointed to the nearest bunk. "I...ah, don't know if I will...fit." He appeared a little abashed by his choice of words, as well as the predicament he maybe in as he continued to stare.

Camellia sat on one of the bunks. then did a little hopping as she bounced on the barely there springs. "Ha, this bring back some memories... I think." She muttered with a smile.

"There were initially going to be nicer beds in here, but when we filled the ship with test equipment, some sacrifices had to be made to save weight" Aerin explained, looking at the beds. In all honesty, she hadn't been in this place much, and had forgotten the difference between the barracks and her own suite. The slight frown she wore for a moment was whipped away, as she decided to continue the tour.

"Would you like to see what sort of Recreational opportunities we offer here?" the CEO asked brightly.

"Camelllia looked over to Aerin, her smile still on her face. "Sure. I think I've atrophied after the last few months." She muttered as she rubbed her arms slightly.

Without a further word, the short Yamataian woman led the pair of prospective employees up a level and over to the Recreation center, a large room at about 200 by 300 feet, filled with exercise equipment and and other recreational gear, it had lockers along one wall and several sparring rings in the center. There were some large cabinets on the far wall, obviously containing extra bulky equipment.

"How do you like it?" Aerin asked the two.

Sergio looked about the spacious room, arms crossed over his chest. The man taking stock of the exercise equipment, rec gear, lockers and sparing rings. He made a small 'Hmm.' As he thought of the last place that was so stocked. Well. Lifting weights with these arms is out... The thought popping into his head as he eyed a bench. Least he could still maintain the remainder of his body in peak condition through rigorous workouts with some of the stuff in the room.

"Pretty well stocked."

Camellia wandered around the rec room, checking out the equipment and other things. When her wanderings brought her back to the other two, she turned her partial gaze over to the sparing ring.

"Do you also have sparring knives for those of us who use them?"

"It'd better be well stocked, we don't want people getting bored, they might go insane, or something. The room can also be cleared for some of the mor space-hogging sports, if need be." Aerin answered Sergio, before addressing Camellia.

"We don't have any at the moment, but, Assuming I hire you, it should not be difficult to procure some" the Yamataian confirmed, seeming pleased with the assessments of her ship. Even if the thing had initially been a nightmare, she was proud of how it was turning out.

The large man nodded at this, taking note for later. After all, he'd hoped there would be a place to workout, and it looks as if there is, thankfully. After seeing the bunks, he'd have hated to try in there.

"Do you have other recreational facilities aboard?"

"There's lounges, which offer couches, desks, and viewscreens, as well as multimedia and Network access. The rooms are rather like Living rooms, and they are soundproofed so they don't disturb each other. You could throw a rave in one, and not 2 meters below, have someone drinking tea and quietly listening to classical music" Aerin answered, Informatively, leading them out of the rec room and toward the lift. "Why don't we end our tour in one of them? it should be a nice relaxing place for you two to stay while i get everything set up."

Camellia smiled as Aerin lead them to an elevator. "That sounds nice, relaxation after a nice little tour." She said in a rather chipper tone.

And here I left my sandwich, a pity... Sergio wanted to frown, but simply refrained as the tiny woman offered to show them to one of these lounges. Granted, at the mentions of soundproofing, he felt wariness etch into his consciousness, only to be squashed down by the cool logic of his training. Thankfully, none of this visibly showed as he continued looking rather thoughtful.

"Indeed, it does sound nice." He agreed.

Elsewhere, a Little while previously...

ON:
Hurgh Fuglynaim cursed himself, the Onset shuttle had popped out of FTL way off course. Looking at the displays, he saw it was because he had switched two digits in the course calculations. Luckily, he hadn't killed himself. In any case, he figured he'd have a look around, seeng as he'd need to wait a few minutes for the computer to figure out where he was and calculate a new course. Grabbing the sensors, he looked around and noted something odd... The Distress beacon from an Escape pod. Curious, the Origin shuttle pilot puttered over to the source of the signal and, sure enough, there was a pod. "Oi, anyone alive in there?" the Nepleslian asked over the radio, hoping the pod had communications other than the distress signal.

"A... voice? Someone?" came the reply weakly. It sounded like it was from a youthful girl, one that wasn't in the best of conditions.

"Whoah, shit, there's live'uns in there" Hurgh muttered to himself, before getting back on the radio "Yeah, This is Hurgh Fuglynaim of Origin industries. I, uhh, came accross your distress signal here and fig'rd I'd take a look. You want a pick up?" the Neplelian asked, trying to sound like he was around on purpose.

"Yes... please.... I would be... grateful."

"Awrighty then. Prepare for a bit of a bump." Hurgh warned, bringing the shuttle around. He rotated so the airlock on top of the shuttle was facing the pod's door, and clamped the two small craft together, waiting a few moments for them to form a seal before turning off the internal gravity and floating to the back section. typing a code into the pad on the ceiling, the airlock opened, revealing the inside of the pod "H'lo?" Hurgh said, squinting his eyes to see the contents of the pod.

A teenage girl looked up from the floor of the escape pod at the man. "Thank you..." she said with a weak smile, before she passed out.

oh shit oh shit oh shit went Hurgh's mind, as he floated inside and grabbed the suddenly unconscious girl, and all her things from the pod. Temporarily strapping her to one of the benches, Hurgh went into the cockpit again and slowly turned the gravity back on, before closing the airlock and ejecting the pod. He walked back to the girl and checked up on her; she seemed to be alive but everything about her screamed 'Weak'. Weak Breath, weak pulse, pale coloration, thin, sickly body. This girl was in trouble. 'Shit, I need ta get ya some medical attention fast!" the Nepleslian mumbled, heading to the cokpit a third time and strapping himself in. By now the computer had plotted a course, and he was able to punch it and start the journey to Tami.

The girl just sat limply in the chair and, were it not for her sickly appearance, would look as if she had just fallen asleep during a long trip.

Hurgh looked at the command console, somehow, he had gone the complete opposite direction he had wanted to, but at least this kept him with a straight line of flight. still, it was a two hour trip. Still mentally cussing, Hurgh moved into the back section, folding the other bench down and staring at the girl. The inside of his shuttle smelled like cardboard, he noted, probably from the small shipment of guns he had just delivered to a gunshop on Yamatai, and he hoped it didn't bother the sick girl.

The girl groaned, her eyes slowly fluttering open at feeling the other prescence return to the room. She stared down into her lap, groggy, sleepy, and wondering where she was.

"..!" Hurgh sat straight up, looking at the girl as she stirred. He kept quiet in case she was still asleep, he figured disturbing her would be bad.

She looked up slowly, staring ahead and trying to register what it was in front of her. It was... a man! "AAH!" she squeaked loudly. "D- don- don't hurt... m- me... please...." It seemed she had forgotten what had happened moments earlier.

The girl would find it somewhat hard to move, as Hurgh had strapped her down to keep her from rolling off, but otherwise she would feel nothing wrong with her besides how she had felt previously. "Whoah, You awake little miss?" Hurgh asked, trying his best to look nonthreatening. he held up his hads to showcase this "I ain't gonna hurt ya, I just saved ya afterall" The man said, hoping to jog the girl's memory.

Looking around, the teenager examined the shuttle she was in. It didn't seem so bad... so far. However, the straps were a bit disconcerting. "R- really? You saved me?" She asked, before she had a coughing fit. She shuddered with each breath as she tried to recover.

"Whoah, Calm down there a sec!" Hurgh said as thegirl began to cough. He unstrapped her and sat her up, hoping it would help her breathe better "I'm gonna get you somewhere where we can get you medical help" he consoled her, hoping it would calm her down and keep away the coughs.

Nodding, the girl smiled. "Thank you...." She suddenly felt quite tired again, but she tried to keep awake. It would be best not to sleep in front of a stranger, especially alone

'no problem, Miss. Uhh.. What's your name?" he asked, both curious and remembering somewhere that it was better to keep people from losing consciousness sometimes, and talking helped.

"Oh... I'm Priscilla Barlow...." It was then that she remembered how she had gotten there. She frantically looked about and found the only other thing that she had brought with her, a shark plushie. Grabbing it and hugging it close, she started to tear up.

"Well, Hello Priscill-" Hurgh started before being cut off by the girl's crying and frantic looking about "Whoah, Something wrong? Did i do something?" he asked, looking somewhat abashed.

Priscilla sniffled and shook her head. She tried to keep herself from crying her heart out. "Mommy and Daddy... they're... gone...." Her body shuddered against a held back sob.

Hurgh looked extremely concerned, but he tried his best to console Priscilla. "Look, Pris, you don't mind if I call ya Pris do ya? I'm sure ya parents are okay, we juss gotta find 'em or something."

"N- no... they're dea- dea-... gone! Those... octopus... squid... monster thingies came and... and... everyone they're...!" Priscilla buried her face in Chiyu, her plush shark, crying again.

Hurgh was at a loss as to what to do now, apparently, this girl had been attacked by Mishhu, which is a bad thing. He thought back to rumors that he had heard, and figured that must be why the compound was being packed up. "Well.. Ah.. uhh.. At least you're safe, yeah?" he said, not too sure of his words.

Priscilla peeked from behind the shark, and nodded. "Sorry... about this." She sniffled again.

"Why you apologis'n?" Hurgh asked, looking at the girl " 'snot your fault, and I guess you have a reason to" he continued. he looked around for a bit, lost. "So, Where ya from, Pris?" he asked suddenly

The Nepleslian girl wiped her eyes. "Uh... I'm from..." she started, thankful for the topic change, "...my mommy and daddy's ship?"

"Yer Mommy an' Daddy's Ship, Eh? What was it called?" the Nepleslian asked, curious

"Uh... it was the Corsair," the girl responded. She tried not to think about how she would never be able to go back or even see her home again.

"I don't think I ever heard of it." Hurgh replied, looking about. "Maybe you'd like to get s'more rest? Not like it would hurt any more'n stayin awake" the Pilot offered.

Priscilla nodded. "Right... er... I hope it's not rude... but I didn't get your name...." With the offer of sleep, her eyelids were already beginning to droop.

"Oh! Thass Actually rude of me, Pris. My Name's Hurgh, Hurgh Fuglynaim. Not really the best name, but that's what I'm stuck with." The man smiled, pearly white teeth showing beneath his lips. His look held a joy and sincereity that showed he was happy at having saved someone.

Returning the smile, Priscilla says, "Ah... it's nice to meet you Mr. Fuglynaim.... Thank you... again...." She hugged her stuffed shark tight before her eyes closed. A moment of relaxation, before she coughed a few times again. A small groan escaped her lips, before she relaxed again and slumped over.

Hurgh looked over the girl for a few moments more, concerned for her, but there was nothing he could really do. He returned to the cockpit and waited for the flight to finish, so he could deliver the girl to the Raider.

Once the elevator had gone down a couple of levels, Aerin stopped it and herded the group into a hallway, then pointed to a door and opened it up. As expected, the room was vacant, and so she headed on in, motioning to the couches for the pair of prospective employees to sit down on. "Just relax in here for now, I'll go and get everything set up. Feel free to watch TV or ask Roke for news and the like, but I shouldn't be gone too long.

And with that, the woman vanished, leaving Sergio and Camellia to themselves.

It wasn't long before the door opened again and a young girl entered. If she were a Geshrin, she didn't look to be older than about 14 or 15, with long blonde hair tied in a pony tail with a thin Origin Green bow. She was pushing a tray with a white cloth with lacy edges laying over the top. On top of the cloth was a couple of silver trays. One held a self-heating tea kettle, another a set of white tea cups with Origin Green and Blue designs, and the last contained a stack of biscuits meticulously stacked by the girl pushing the cart.

She had curiously fuzzy ears, not like neko ears, more furry and dog-like. Her short tail stuck out the back of a hole in her black skirt. She wore an Origin uniform mostly, but lacked the belt, tunic and garrison cap. A collar of Lorath design fastened securely around her neck. "Sir, ma'am. Please enjoy these refreshments while you wait," the Helashio told them, giving them a polite curtsie before pouring them each a cup.

"My name is Farley," she introduced herself as she poured the tea, "I am Miss Celes's assistant and if there's anything I can do for you, please ask." She paused for a moment, then added, "But please, I must ask you to refrain from touching me personally." Her cheeks became flushed as she looked down at the floor of the room. "We have had difficulties with that in the past."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back