• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

New Taiie Space Colony

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission Type: space station/megastructure/RP setting
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=yamatai:new_taiie

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Yes, by me, today
Faction requires art? Requirement temporarily waived by FM, plan to get later

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: It's not nearly as large as Hoshi no Iori was, but this is Yamatai getting back into building big stuff.

Bumping. I would like to get this approved by the end of the year.

Wes, you want a megastructure. It's the only megastructure of the like in Yamatai. Do you want it to be represented by the present wiki article? Something big that's essentially a footnote in our wiki?

You need art for this.

I also want to see effort and even roleplay perhaps invested in the idea of it forming up and being invested it. I'm not as attached to my plans in the Bard Cluster (barely at all anymore save for Kotori's senate duties) so there's nothing to trample over anymore, but I kind of want to see you make it worth it.

What is this place going to mean for us plots? Why is it cool for us GMs to showcase it? What roleplay opportunities might it bring?

You say "I would like to get this approved by the end of the year". I say "I would like you to make this look alive by the end of the year". It might be even better if you showcased it in your own plot.

Crazy idea: this region has always been influenced with a rocky history (the 3rd expeditionary fleet and everything that came from that) and the Empire wants to reclaim the area, consolidate it, and then push for exploration toward that vector. Hanako gets promoted Taisho, gets the job of rebuilding the 3XF (and doing it right this time around) and there you go with a new font for roleplaying opportunities.

If you want something big like this, I'm of the mind that you should try to both own the concept and embrace it. The alternative is a throwaway structure that will ultimately mean little if you don't give it meaning.

Last edited:
I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to handle this. @Wes, if you're for Fred's ideas, does that mean you're going to implement them? I can keep this on hold, but we've got a lot of grey in the forum, so I was going to move it to rejected with the option to restore it later.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back