• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Nocturnal Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Elena!" Kip jerked upright, his hat and cigar fading from existance quickly. Kip apeared to age suddenly, untill he was a thirty year old man with grey streaks in his hair, the shape he usualy took around Elena, "This is Kai Ashigari, Kai, this is Elena ..." Kip was fascinated was how this would turn out, but he was anxious that his charge should not be too distraught. He cared deeply for Elena. He sent a quick message to the man "Contact made."

Elena listened to Kip's explanation and looked at Kai curiously and blinked, pulling a photo out of her pocket it was old but still in good condition. It was of her family all together, on it was the oldest brother who looked just like Kai. She put it away and started to tremble whether it was in excitment, shock or something else wasn't known because her emotions were a variable tempest at the moment. Her eyes grew very wide and she leapt forward and tackled her brother back int the chair, knocking it and him over and clung tightly.

The little girl just kept saying "brother" over and over again until she just started crying muffled. Not in sorrow, frustration or anger but in sheer overwhelming happiness. Kai was surprised to see her again and smiled gently upon the realization he'd found someone he'd wanted to see for year and wrapped his arms around her gently, hugging her to him. She wouldn't let go and eventually settled down and just cuddled there, Lani had family again and this was making her very happy.

Kai was blushing a bit from the attention and snickered ruffling her hair. "Well well what a surprise." He said quietly and tried to get up off the ground.

Kip smiled quietly. It was good to see Elena so happy, he'd enjoyed looking after her over the years, and this was the happiest he'd seen her in a long time. He didn't want to get in the way of their reuninion so he murmered "I'll see you later." and gently faded out of sight.

Kai and Elena sat in Emrys for a long time talking about what had happened since the last time they had seen each other. Elena explained what happened to her after their parents' ship was destroyed near this vicinity, she didn't know what happened just that their parents put her into a stasis pod and shot it off.

"So I wake up and I'm here, they told me that I had been floating for two years, which is why I'm biologically behind my chronological age." She said sitting on her brother's knee.

"That sounds like it stinks, I hear those pods are really cramped, I'm just glad to see you're still alive." Kai said. "So who's been taking care of you since then?"

"Uncle Kip and Uncle Zeke." She said happily. "They took good care of me, gave me an easy job to work and a nice little apartment....but then I heard about what happened to Kenji" Elena said looking sad, tears subtly forming.

Kai hugged her to him to comfort her gently. "It's ok we know the truth know Elena."

"I know but I'm still scared of the empire Kai...I feel safe here on the Horizon, like I'm out of their reach." Elena said snuggling into his shirt gently to hide the fact she was scared.

"Don't worry Elena I won't let them do anything to you, you know that right?" He said as he ruffled her hair and grinned. "I plan to get the truth out there, people deserve to know, what they did was wrong and uncalled for." her brother said.

"Under the pretext of a pirate broadcast so they can't trace it back to you?" She asked intelligently. "It's best if it's recorded into a unmanned, umarked anonymous probe and programmed to broadcast on all signals so it gets to everyone and they can't trace it back to us." She pointed out

Kai looked surprised at her sudden insightful suggestion and rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "That is a good idea actually." he smirked. "Kip?" Kai asked, blinking.

Elena giggled. "Uncle Kip! Can I ask you your opinion on something?" she giggled to the air, knowing he could hear it.

Kip apeared behind her, his left hand on her shoulder. He had been watching the whole event with great intrest, and was also monitering a duel in the arborium. They where, for some reason, using foam clubs.

"Yes my dear? What can I do to help you?" He asked charmingly.

Elena giggled at Kip's sudden appearance. "Uncle Kip do you think it'd be possible to get a hold of a probe that could be programmed to mass broadcast the recording of what my brother Kenji said to everyone in the empire while keeping it unable to be traced?" She asked charmingly. "Please?"

Kai watched and listened to her in mild surprise and grinned. "She's sharp as a tack isn't she Kip?"

"The short answer is yes, it is possible. But it would not be easy. For one thing you need the capacity for it to be sent without being jammed by those that would rather it wasn't shown. For another to make it completely untracable the creation of such a probe would have to be done in an extremely complex fashion, so that no hint of its creation was left at. It would probably have to be psionicly cleansed, so a psychic couldn't pick up its past, although I don't know if this is possible. To reach all the empire your going to have to have some pretty serious hard wear too. There are plenty of other things you could do to make it harder to trace, perhaps we'll talk about them later." Kip said seriously, "Oh and Kai, he's ready to see you whenever your ready."

Kai nodded, letting Elena off his knee to stand up. "Alright Kip, lead the way." he said with a bit of a yawn and felt around for anyone who could be "listening" in and barely detected Zeke skirting the edges. So you're the one who sent that information? Thank you if you did I really appreciate that. Kai thought out to Zeke and stretched his legs. Elena stole a sip of his soda and snickered and sat down watching her brother, there was so much she wanted to do but she couldn't put it into words yet.

Zeke smiled, Kai had detected him good. What he had heard of his telepathic abilities was true. My pleasure Kai, anything I can do to help. He concentrated and sent a telepathic illusion of himself to Kai, a shadowy figure standing in a misty environment. Would you like are meeting to be here? He sent, his illusion in Kai's mind moving a shadowy arm, gesturing the terrain.

Kai grinned, finally, someone who was his equal in this area, he sat back down in another chair reclining. It's better because there's no real way to record what transpires in telepathic communication. And this environment is fine. Kai seemed to almost negligently form a telepathic image that seemed almost real in Zeke's mind. Kai was standing on the misty plain with a rose vine growing around his arms and down his chest to his hip. Well now we have the full story what happened. Man that Ayame is such a wicked woman, how could she does that to someone? Then Uesu has Kohana's OWN sister kill her then Kenji? That's not right and I think the people need to know how the empire works.

I agree. I am not one to say that honestly is always the best policy, but this form of deceitful, reasonless murder, and of a young girl by her own sister. He sighed. Your brother, however sad it is to hear this, got involved, and therefore to some twisted logic, was fair game. They should have let him leave, but using ruthless logic, he was a loose end. Killing Kohana ... she was a civilian in these matters, she did not have to die, there was no reason to kill her. Even in the imperfect game of life that is beyond the pale. He paused. I wish for justice, that a business that I am involved in has sunk to such a low is a personal insult to me, let alone the fact taht this form of murder is always ... distasteful.

Kai's illusion nodded. The only reason they did it was because Uesu couldn't stand to see Ayame hurt. But what he doesn't realize is that pain in a part of living and isn't a good enough reason logically to have someone murdered. T'is absolutely despicable what he did and I refuse to forgive him for it. Kai sighed shaking his head on the misty field. They only killed Kohana to make Kenji look like a common criminal, it just proves that the empire only cares when it's convenient for them.

I do not believe that the empire is rotten to the core, but that some individuals, either corrupted by power, or deluded, can reach positions of power, and it is there actions that can be so ... wrong. Pain is a part of life, there can be no joy without sadness, no good without evil. It is an unfortunate but essential part of existence, once thought existed, part of it was rotten. And forgiveness should only be given once it is asked for, if someone doesn't ask for repentance, it can not be given to them. Zeke smiled back in his room, he always enjoyed discussing moral arguments, even in such grim circumstances.

Everything requires balance. Without a balance, everything falls into chaos; which seems to be the medium in which this empire likes to operate. You know I'll bet my Taisho rank that Ayame doesn't even have a shred of regret for what happened. The whole root of this situation lies in Uesu, I hate to point fingers but he is the one who actually started this whole thing. Kai's avatar vanished for a moment while he broke his concentration to get a drink of soda and it reappeared, looking just like he did before. Did you happen to hear what Elena suggested to broadcast the truth to the public? It's an interesting idea but Kip has pointed out that it'd be fairly difficult to perform. Kai's avatar smiled deviously I bet putting that into the form of subliminal messages using Kenji's voice.

Getting it past the Star Army, making it untraceable, exposing it to the maximum amount of people ... yes, it would be hard. Very hard. I might be able to do it, but I'd have to call in some favours, get Ephesus to help probably. Subliminal messages are an interesting idea, but unless your planning on stirring up a feeling of discontent they have limited appeal. We can certainly make sure that people would trust it more than usual. I do not like to pass judgment of people I do not know, and as such I will not make a decision on Ayame's character. I have seen enough of Uesu's work, and the implications of it to decide what his character is like though. Kikyo is merely a tool in this.

I agree, Kikyo is just a tool. She was just following orders, I sensed that she didn't like the idea of what she had to do but Uesu's lie had infuriated her to the point she really wouldn't listen. Kai smiled at the mention of the discontent. You know what they say, it only takes one stone to cause ripples, ripples can become waves, waves become a powerful destructive force. But for that to work it has to everyone, if a majority of people are discontent then the imperials can't turn a blind eye to it. Or at least that's the general idea Kai shrugged. I don’t' know Ayame personally and I guess I’m getting caught up in my brother's emotions toward her on the subject, please forgive me on that.

Zeke smiled secretly, he was not in a position to have an opinion on Kai, Oh, you're forgiven. He was your brother, so you are naturally more attached to this than I, so how do you want to proceed? There are many different possibilities, each with there own negative points, and their positive points.

Well it's best to consider the routes available, what're you seeing as possible? Kai asked, shifting in his chair in the physical reality. Elena's idea is good but it's difficult to pull of just right so it's not traced back to us, and there's not guarantee it'd work.

It is certainly a gamble. I do not like gambling unless I like knowing I can win, but I'll beging to look into it anyway. The other posibilities would be trying to keep this from beneath the public to confront different people with it, people of autaurity, perhaps even the people involved, and get something done that way. I believe you know Taisho Yui? Her reaction to this is uncertain, but she certainly has authaurity, even now she has retired. Another course of action would be let the past be left in the past. This would be the easiest, but I think you will not be happy with it. Zeke began thinking of who he'd need to contact about the probe.

I know Yui yes, at least if I remember correctly, we're still on good terms. She might be sympatric but Uesu is her father figure was he was working in PNUgen around the time Yui was created. I might be able to go talk to the people involved and see what they say about it. But you're right I don't really like it because they're still not likely to tell the truth on the incident. Kai folded his arms across his chest. Hmm what to do...

That is unfortunate. I suppose going vigilante isn't a attractive possibility? Zeke doubted it, but thought he should put it on the table, so to speak.

Well I'm a pacifist, going up against the imperial family single handily is officially insane, even for me. Kai gave off the tones of a chuckle at that.

True. But it is an option. A pointless option, but an option, and you did ask for options. Zeke thought for a bit I wonder if you could get to talk to Ayame. It might be interesting to lay the footwork, see what her current feelings are, not to anything as crude as actually saying what we know, unless it's going that way of course, but just to scout the ground. Zeke was simply coming up with as many possible courses of action, whether they be good or not.

That idea has merit and would lend the information. I'll do that at least then I'll contact you again and tell you what she's said. But it may be a good idea to try and get that probe going at the very least, wouldn't you agree? Kai asked.

I'm already working on it. Good luck, happy hunting’s, bon voyage. Zeke cut his telepathic communication and began to write a message to Ephesus. He felt he might need some of the Elysian’s brain power to design a way to make this probe.

Oh, one more thing, I'll be taking Elena with me for a little while. Kai informed Zeke and stretches some drinking his generic soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back