• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

November + December Updates for Star Army

News and Updates
  • Star Army now runs on a server that's twice as powerful, but twice as expensive! Donate here if you can.
  • Star Army is donating to Toys for Tots. Make lots of RP posts to increase Wes's donation! Let's make some kids' holiday happy.
  • Nakshatra is now a character mod and staff member
  • Ametheliana is now global moderator of the forum (previously she was administrator)
  • Please keep Andrew, Zanven Brax, Madi, and any other members I missed who's going through medical situations in your thoughts
    • F*** cancer.
Events
  • November 15: Nominations Open for the 2023 SARPY Awards
  • November 17: Community Meeting in Discord Voice
  • November 29: Announce winners of the 2023 SARPY Awards
  • December 2023 is YE 45.9, the last month of YE 45
  • December 1st: Year-End Holiday Salvage Gift Thread Opens, also Empress's Yule Gift Thread
  • December 8th: Community Meeting in Discord Voice
  • December 9th: Year-End Holiday Community JP Night & Open RP
  • December 31st: Last Day of Easy Mode for submission approval
Submit additional event ideas here and I can add them:
Projects

As we approach the new year, here's some big stuff we stuff have going on:
  • Sorting Characters into Factional Namespaces
    • Based on an Implemented Suggestion from January 2022
    • Minimizes the amount of struct fields on character pages by showing only the relevant ones
    • This is mostly being done by Wes and Nakshatra and is taking forever
    • I think we've got at least half at this point. Characters not sorted aren't on struct
    • Unusable characters are being put in characters:archive:
    • Any character who hasn't been sorted by January 1st, 2024, will be assumed to be inactive and archived since they've had 2 years.
      • Need to move your character page? Directions here: Moving Pages
  • Update of OOC Managers (see: OOC Management) - Basically this is activity check for FMs and corp managers.
    • Members with no RP activity and/or no recent forum logins can be removed from being listed as the manager of setting elements
    • Members who have the most RP/activity for setting elements can be named as the manager for them
    • You may be PMed by me or another staffer to ask when your last RP was for something you manage.
    • Due to abuse only staff members can update this now, so...
    • If you need to update the link to where your RP forum is or the latest RP thread, send me a forum PM, it only takes a second
  • Implementing more of your suggestions as possible.
  • Start getting ready for 2024 and YE 46 by updating wiki pages as needed like character creation guides, new player guides, calendar/time pages, etc.
  • 2024 Art Commissions Project (?)
As always your feedback and ideas are welcome! Everyone should get involved in helping our community succeed; don't leave it all to the staff, we need you all to stay active and every person counts. I know this is a busy time of year so just exercise good communication and do what you can as possible.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back