• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

November + December Updates for Star Army

News and Updates
  • Star Army now runs on a server that's twice as powerful, but twice as expensive! Donate here if you can.
  • Star Army is donating to Toys for Tots. Make lots of RP posts to increase Wes's donation! Let's make some kids' holiday happy.
  • Nakshatra is now a character mod and staff member
  • Ametheliana is now global moderator of the forum (previously she was administrator)
  • Please keep Andrew, Zanven Brax, Madi, and any other members I missed who's going through medical situations in your thoughts
    • F*** cancer.
Events
  • November 15: Nominations Open for the 2023 SARPY Awards
  • November 17: Community Meeting in Discord Voice
  • November 29: Announce winners of the 2023 SARPY Awards
  • December 2023 is YE 45.9, the last month of YE 45
  • December 1st: Year-End Holiday Salvage Gift Thread Opens, also Empress's Yule Gift Thread
  • December 8th: Community Meeting in Discord Voice
  • December 9th: Year-End Holiday Community JP Night & Open RP
  • December 31st: Last Day of Easy Mode for submission approval
Submit additional event ideas here and I can add them:
Projects

As we approach the new year, here's some big stuff we stuff have going on:
  • Sorting Characters into Factional Namespaces
    • Based on an Implemented Suggestion from January 2022
    • Minimizes the amount of struct fields on character pages by showing only the relevant ones
    • This is mostly being done by Wes and Nakshatra and is taking forever
    • I think we've got at least half at this point. Characters not sorted aren't on struct
    • Unusable characters are being put in characters:archive:
    • Any character who hasn't been sorted by January 1st, 2024, will be assumed to be inactive and archived since they've had 2 years.
      • Need to move your character page? Directions here: Moving Pages
  • Update of OOC Managers (see: OOC Management) - Basically this is activity check for FMs and corp managers.
    • Members with no RP activity and/or no recent forum logins can be removed from being listed as the manager of setting elements
    • Members who have the most RP/activity for setting elements can be named as the manager for them
    • You may be PMed by me or another staffer to ask when your last RP was for something you manage.
    • Due to abuse only staff members can update this now, so...
    • If you need to update the link to where your RP forum is or the latest RP thread, send me a forum PM, it only takes a second
  • Implementing more of your suggestions as possible.
  • Start getting ready for 2024 and YE 46 by updating wiki pages as needed like character creation guides, new player guides, calendar/time pages, etc.
  • 2024 Art Commissions Project (?)
As always your feedback and ideas are welcome! Everyone should get involved in helping our community succeed; don't leave it all to the staff, we need you all to stay active and every person counts. I know this is a busy time of year so just exercise good communication and do what you can as possible.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…