• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NSS Sledge Mama [NSS Sledge Mama] Ep. 3 - Into Steel

"I'm going to assume that you've read my file and know who I used to fight for, but they didn't tell us much. They weren't the best of friends but they were known to do some dealing. Honestly though, I didn't get to learn much after some certain assholes gassed the shit out of me and I wound up in the hospital but we could let the "great" league "hero" try to shoulder check them." Mark said, shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot at the though of the toxin that destroyed his lungs.

Rachael just continues to salute the superior officer, she eyed around listening to the going ons, not that she entirely mind she's held a salute for longer than that before. But she used this time to see what she would have to deal with while among these people. From what she's understood in the mere seconds she's been here though is that this is a rather rowdy bunch, that had short fuses. But she hadn't been there precisely long enough to cast any sort of judgement so she decided to retain neutrality at the moment.

Listening to the two marines compare their dick lengths, Ylfa sighed and turned to look at the newcomer. "At ease Marine. I'm sorry I let you stand there for so long, but some people have a hard time saving it for the enemy. We're pretty informal, as you can see. Maybe a little two much, but you can relax around us so long as you don't pick fights." Standing up, the woman cracked her knuckles. "Let's head down to take a look at our armors. The repairs are done, but the damage log is what I'm after." Making her way out of the cafeteria, the crowd of other marines quickly scattered to get out of her way. The way they moved from Ylfa was already odd, but even the way they kept silent when her own marines were about to fight was something else.

Looking back, there was none of the cheering, jeering, booze and bets going on. Just silence.

"So, what else do you guys got when it comes to fighting our cute little kitties?" she asked, coming to stand behind Emi and Mayumi in the lift.

Richard thought for a moment when he heard that Ylfa wanted to get the damage logs, though it didn't take him long to figure out what she might use them for. He stood up and followed her however. "The damage logs are for telling us where we screwed up aren't they?" He sighed some and scratched his head a little as he followed.

"As for fighting Yaws, weren't there some really combat specialized ones with swords that could make things sprout form their bodies? I guess it's just bet to generally keep your distance and shoot." He stood in a corner of the elevator putting his back to the wall so he could lean against it and take pressure off his leg.

"I met a couple nekos back in 33 and if I remember correctly, they would fly and had telepathy but that's all I know." Mark said walking into the elevator and stood by the doors. "They were type 29s I believe. You wouldn't happen to be able to tell us how the current model you are works, would you Mayumi?" He said while turning to face Ylfa and the cats

Rachael relaxed but nodded. "I completely understand Ma'am." She listens to the rest of what she said before she nods. "I don't think that's a problem Ma'am, I won't be of any issue." She after a moment physically relaxes and moves to follow the group, lagging a bit behind where they are but close enough that she could hear them. Listening to their banter and conversation, staying quite for now still trying to learn more about them from their speech and mannerisms. Upon reaching the elevator she would stand in an open spot closer to the females of the group rather than the males.

He slept in. He fuckin' slept in. "You slept in on a shuttle!? How does that even work, Terrence!?" The aforementioned Terrence raged at himself in his mind. He had been on a shuttle full of other replacements straight outta Funky City. None of them bothered to wake him up, even the crew chief! Maybe they just didn't notice him, maybe they just didn't like him. Regardless, the newly-minted marine was now running to and fro throughout the ship, personal belongings hanging from every pocket and each wrist. His naturally worried looking eyes made him look downright distraught now, thinking up nightmare worthy predictions of what the CO was going to do to him.

Eventually, Terrence found some grease monkeys who managed to point him to the mess hall. Turns out, it was the right direction. The new guy noted a large group of marines accompanied by two suspiciously feline women on the move towards... Well, he didn't know where, but they were going somewhere! Terrence made his way towards them and scanned the ranks on their uniforms until he determined which one of them was endowed with the most stripes. "Excuse me, ma'am!" He called in his distinctive colonist accent. Under normal circumstances, the young man would have approached in a march and saluted at the position of attention. But frankly, he was tired from running around for a good fifteen minutes straight and he barely looked presentable what with the briefcases and the pockets bulging with whatever you could think of. "Please excuse me, Master Sergeant. Do you know where I could-?" The question died in his throat as he read the name-plate. Then the stammer showed up. "M- M- Master Sergeant Di- Di- Diadottr? P- P- Private Th- Third Class Terr- Terrence Fara- Faraday, reporting for duty." Terrence managed to bash himself in the face with one of the suitcases hanging off his right wrist when he remembered to salute. He quickly put it down and returned to his salute with fear in his eyes.

"God damn Sarge where do you find these people? All this runnin' around and salutin' and all that shit." Mark said turning to look at Terrence. "Where the hell are these people coming from anyway?"

"Hmm...well, you see - "

Before Ylfa could say more, another marine arrived, barely managing to get into the lift with the rest of them. Terrence, the new marine, watched the tall, blond woman shrug and sigh as she ran her fingers through neck length hair. Cramming into the elevator, he could easily see that she was just a few inches taller than him as well. And that she was a little exasperated. "At ease...I guess. I got no clue why you have that stuff with you, but whatever." Looking at them all, the tall woman asked, "Just to be sure, you all know that you don't have to salute me, right? You only salute officers and chief warrant officers, including the butter bars too." The statement of fact was a little embarrassing. "God, I swear you guys are trying to make me feel silly."

At that, the door closed as they all got inside. Though a little cramped, they had just enough space between them all.

"To answer your questions - " Ylfa held up her hand and counted them off on her fingers as she went along. "Yes, it's for summarizing screwups last mission. Yes, but those are only the advanced catgirl models. No, it's not always the best idea to just keep your distance and shoot them since not all of their power armors have melee weapons, so you need to make a judgment call. Yes, Nekovalkyrja can fly on their own and have radio based 'telepathy'." She paused and looked at Mayumi to answer the next one.

"Y-yes, I can answer your questions on what the current model of us can do!" she quickly stammered up, pushing herself back and hiding behind the women in the elevator with Emi, the other Nekovalkyrja. Unlike her companion, she seemed rather detached and bored, if not mildly amused. Ylfa kept on going though, without missing a beat.

"And geeze, I don't know Mark! Command just send them to me." In all, six questions were answered. "Well, got me started on my second hand. Anyways, that's pretty basic. It's good to know what a Nekovalkyrja can do out of her armor, but it's in her armor you need to worry about the most. Before that though, I gotta show you guys something cool if I can. Watch." Turning to the two Nekovalkyrja by her, she looked at the two. It could have been mistaken for a staring contest, if it weren't for the fact that the white haired Neko - Emi - raised her eyebrows, while the one with shoulder length black hair - Mayumi - seemed wide eyed and shocked at first before nodding with a blush. Turning back to her marines, Ylfa pointed at the two newcomers. "Rachael. Terrence. Stand front and center without moving. Emi and Mayumi, you two know what to do."

Before they knew it, the two Nekovalkyrja had moved behind them, with the raven haired one muttering a "G-gomen" before both quickly reached out and grabbed them from behind. The two were hoisted up and off their feet as the catgirls held onto their belts and pants. "T-tadaa!" Ylfa burst out laughing as they were put down as quickly as they were pulled up.

"Ohmygosh!! I can't believe you said it!" the blond cackled. Mayumi was blushing with embarassment from having lifted Rachael, but Emi seemed smug in her display of strength. She was still wiping a tear from her eye as the lift's door opened again, and they were in the armor bay. "Y-yeah, they're stronger than they l-look," Ylfa snickered.

When Mark saw the super wedgie he tried to hold in his laughter but to no avail. The laughter escaped in a gut busting roar that brought tears to his eyes. "That's so funny I damn near pissed myself Sarge." He said while wiping the tears from his eyes. "Seriously though, you two new guys watch out for Emi, the white haired one, she's bat shit crazy and will give you a free sex change if she desires."

Richard held back a chuckle as best he could at that but he could still just barely be heard laughing. He really needed that though to relax a bit. "So we have to watch out for Neko bullies. They'll give you a mean atomic wedgie?" He decided to just tease Mayumi a bit for the fun of it, looking at her with a grin "I didn't know you were the butch type, you almost had me fooled."

Sawyer just relaxed at the back of the group, hidden behind the mass of hulking substantially taller juniors he was able to observe while not being noticed as was his normal way. Plus leaning back gave him a chance to let his cybernetic leg do most of the work. He'd continued to put more and more artwork onto it. Adding filigreed drawings of phoenixes and simple outlines that showed the awards he'd received from combat. "If they're Nekos then it's probably more like an Aether wedgie" he said from where he was standing with a slight chuckle.

Terrence had let out a sigh of relief when Ylfa had pointed out that he didn't need to salute her. In fact, she seemed pretty cool to him. "Sorry, I'm just WORKED UP!" ... The Hell? Oh right, the Force wedgie. To his credit, Terrence didn't manage to catapult all of his crap into somebody's eye and blind 'em but that was of little consequence compared to his injured pride or lack thereof. He grabbed his suitcases and made his way to the wall, keeping his back to said wall while he readjusted the disheveled seat of his pants, looking rather sheepish while he went about his business. "I feel slightly inadequate." He mumbled to himself. Once that was done, Terrence picked up his beloved suitcases again and tipped his hat at Emi, sort of a sign of respect. Hey, as a man, when you meet a lady that can lift you off the ground by your pants, you better give the woman some respect if you don't want her to do it again. At least, that's what Madam Faraday had taught Terrence, with a few choice words removed.

Rachael looked at Ylfa and sighs. "I apologize Ma'am. Basic taught me the hard way to support my superiors whether they're officer or not." Then, before she know it she was wedgied and lifted up off the ground her eyes going wide. Well, that's humiliating. That scowl became more prominent on her face now, but she just idly laughed it off and rubbed the back of her head. "Well that was interesting.... Can't say I have seen that before." She eye'd Mayumi quietly but figuring she was just as embarrassed decided it was better to not keep a grudge, plus it was a female so that's one stroke of luck. She patted Mayumi on the shoulder before turning back to Ylfa, it was mostly her idea after all...but now she's pretty much solidified that Rachael will salute her every chance she gets just to embarrass her, a slight grin slips out from that scowling face at the idea of that. She, however, follows the group normally for now once more a few paces behind to avoid getting to close to any of the males in the group.

Green eyes rolled as Emi leaned in on Mark, shoulder to shoulder as they filed out of the elevator after Ylfa. The marine could feel the Neko's warmth as her voice playfully tickled his ear, "It's not so bad. Besides, it's not like it'd be a serious loss if you lost your eggroll you know." Reaching down, she quickly flipped the front flap of his shirt up before gently pushing off of him.

"Can we not talk about that?" Mayumi half whined, half growled. Despite her tone of voice and angrily furrowed brows, her cheeks had taken on a light rosy tint. "I could do without thinking about these men and their things while this close to them," she grumbled.

"Fine," Emi flatly replied to her Star Army counterpart without giving her trouble. By now, Ylfa had lead them deep into the armor bay and was standing beside a perfectly good Hostile as she searched through a bin of parts. Speaking over her shoulder, she unapologetically apologized to Rachael.

"Sorry to put you through that, but you're one of two scrubs," she explained. "Don't worry though. Since we're going to deploy again pretty soon, you won't be stuck with that for long at all. Exercise or not, we all know they'll give us a hard fight." Though she almost said 'Cats' when addressing the SAoY, she managed to hold her tongue, briefly sneaking a look on her two charges to see how they were doing before going back to her rummaging. It seemed the white haired Neko was mulling over what the two marines had said about her 'bullying'. Sensing something was coming, the more traditionally Yamataian looking Mayumi moved a little closer to the much taller woman, Rachael as she steeled herself.

Emi quickly glanced at Richard and Sawyer to catch their eye before drifting over to Terrance. "Hey, Nep Boy - gimmie your lunch money or I'll Aether Wedgie you!"

As Mayumi held a hand up before her mouth, a small giggle came out of her.

Sawyer smiled slightly "Top, personally I don't have much input as to dealing with Nekos, the last ones I had contact with were during the assault on Rok'Veru and I was in an Aggressor armor and they kinda splatted. I have more experience dealing with the NMX power armors and mechs. As indicated by this" he said rapping at his cybernetic leg which rang somewhat hollowly in the armor bay. "That was only the second time I've ever had occasion to make use of a Hostile, last time I used one I was more involved in breaching doors with explosives while others covered me. So I'm always up to hear critiques of my performance because constructive criticism is always a good thing and a good way to improve upon what we jacked up last time" he also said as he watched Ylfa dig through the bin of parts.

Terrence immediately placed his back against the wall again, raising his hands to shoulder height in mock surrender with a miserable attempt at a scared expression on his face. He figured out enough that Emi was just joking and he was playing along... Or maybe she wasn't joking and he was about to have something to cry about. "Please no, my momma says this'll be the last time she gives me lunch money if I lose it again!" He looked past the others at Ylfa, who was rummaging around in a bin full of parts for something. Armor maybe? Terrence didn't know, he wasn't on the last mission, he just got here. Whatever the case, he returned to the more pressing matter of a Neko trying to take his non-existent lunch money.

"Speaking of losing things, you wouldn't happen to have any of those sex change grenades would you?" Mark said stepping out of the elevator.

"We don't need to go over this sarge, I already know how its going to pan out. We'll start losing and Richard will heroically take some fire for us while we accidentally shoot him and I'll try to stab someone and we'll all live happily ever after. It worked last time" He said, stepping over to her to see what she was looking for.

Rachael stood idly by while watching the group with a satisfied scowl! Was there a such thing as a satisfied scowl? Who knew. But she seemed content where she was, and this group seemed trustworthy to say the least. She contently just continued listening.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back