• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NSS Sledge Mama [NSS Sledge Mama] Ep. 4 - Schadenfreude

Previously - Wiseria Station

Rachael followed Richards example; and continued her onslaught towards the Cyber Neko's before them. Her eyes narrowed in anger, not liking the whole dream sequence thing they had going on in their helmets one bit. "No shit its bad, Boss, what are we going to do?"

"Providence" Asteroid Colony

Rachael took her burger and looked at it quietly, she perked a bit at how perfect it looked, and picked it up in her hands and took a big bite of it. She melted for a moment as she listened to the regale of the maiden voyage of the Sledge, and shook her head a bit and sighed. "Yes, I bet that is an embellishment... You sound like a disillusioned child dreaming of grandeur, our job is never that glorified." She said before going back to eat her burger, only having stopped once more to tell the women; "This is actually pretty good."

"Mini-missiles! Just waste the whole area!" Ylfa's voice rang out.

The moment their pods opened up however, something moist and wet sprayed into their faces. Their limbs felt numb. Sensation vanished. They couldn't move. One after another, the marines dropped to the floor, unable to move, trapped in their own bodies. "C-crap. Smells. Mishhu," Ylfa barely managed to speak, a digital edge ringing her voice. Out of all of them, she was the only one still struggling to stand.

"Oh, what's this?" red eyes glowed.

"A cyborg perhaps?" blue eyes shown.

"What's she got? I wanna know!" green eyes glinted with glee.

As the crowd of illusions laughed as one, three darted out of their ranks and pounced on Ylfa. The marines couldn't see, but they could hear all too well. Their Sergeant growled at the abominations as they swarmed her, but soon enough, they could hear the rending of metal and wet, meaty tearing as they tore the hemosynthetic flesh away. And then, with her screams, they knew they were taking her own flesh as well.

Richard's brief telling of their misadventures quickly drew the Freespacer Trio's attention as their eyes all turned to him.

"Oh my, that sounds scary - weren't you scared of them doing...you know?" Berry asked him, sliding just a little closer to the young man. Before any of them could say more though Rachael was quick to remark and verbally slap him on the wrist.

"Gee, the real version any better?" Merry asked. "It's gotta have more action, and explosions and squid-stomping in it, yeah?" the youngest of them looked at the woman with hope. Rachael's appreciation of their food only got them all talking even more however.

"I'm so glad you're enjoying your food - we all worked quite hard on getting the replicator just right," Sherry smiled at them. "It still has its quirks, but the food is just almost perfect, don't you think?" As innocent as it sounded, and even the way the redhead said it, the fact they didn't claim it was perfect didn't seem quite right. It wasn't like restaurants were particularly shameless about promoting themselves after all. Looking around the place, nothing seemed particularly out of place besides its Escher-like construction, or the ominously green glow that came out of the kitchen every time it fired up to make more food.

"Meh," Kelly made her dissent known. "I wasn't there for the squid grill," she spoke, picking up one of the complementary french-fries that came along with Rachael's food. Like the burger itself, it looked simply flawless. Thick, steak-cut fries with a crispy, twice fried exterior and a soft, tender, yet fluffy interior.

The noise that came from Kelly herself as she held it however, was not.

Last edited:

Richard felt his body go numb and then collapse on the ground , the suit was too heavy for him with the the armor. He didn’t want to go out like that though, captured or killed while just lying there. He tried his hardest to move wanting to get sensation back, however when he heard the sounds of Ylfa’s armor being ripped apart he knew didn’t have time to waddle about.

It always worked in movies but this was reality, either way it was worth a shot however. He took a breath to ready himself and then bit his lip hard, hoping that the pain would return at least some feeling, enough that he could wipe his face to see, and aim his Plasma projector at one of the nekos and then fire.

Richard gave Rachael a bit of a sour look, he couldn’t tell a story is everyone was gonna point out the holes..but he had to try at least now. “Glorified or not, it happened. We killed plenty of Mishhu and had to fight for our lives. And yes there were lots of explosions.”

Noticing how close Berry was getting he decided to be a little bold and gently grab her hips and pull her into his lap for a seat, he wasn’t fully confident or drunk though, so he kept his hold light enough that she could pull free if she wanted.

“And was I afraid? Yeah I was really afraid, I’d never seen one of the squids in person before, and it was a lot scarier than anything I’d seen on the sports field. But well there wasn’t really anywhere to run, so I just had to face the bastards and start shooting.”

Suits heavy and oppressive, the marines could barely move as they caught glimpses of Ylfa, obscured by the three abominations. Struggling to raise their weapons, the Cybernekos' laughter was suddenly cut short as a blast of light and sound signaled the arrival of reinforcements. Everything went silent as all three groups turned to look at each other in confusion. And horror. Raising their weapons, the Marines fired first, immediately striking the Cybernekos. Their shrieks high and painful, they immediately started to scatter like roaches as their illusions swarmed the Star Army troops that arrived. But as fast as it had all began, it was over, the mob winking out of slight as the marines' suits slowly came back to life.

"Sh-shit. What took you so long?" Ylfa grimaced, one arm limp while the other made to hold her peeled-apart suit together.

"It's bad - they, they wrecked everything! The soul savior pod, the transfer equipment, the medical supplies - it's gone! All gone!" Mayumi's voice streamed from her suit's speakers. As the other Mindies and Daisies spread out to secure the area, she beckoned to the Marines. "Help me - she's not going to last much longer," the Neko pleaded, the arm of a limp Daisy cradled over her shoulders. "We need to get to the station's core, right now!"

"Oh my - that sounds very scary, and exciting!" With a giggle, Berry moved ever so closer to Richard, but refused to sit on his lap. Instead, the Freespacer woman stood by him, her warm, partially synthetic skin pressing against his as some things blocked off his vision to the side. The others nodded along with his narration; it all seemed to amuse them in some form or another and drew their attention.

"Not all our missions were like that though," Kelly admitted, her tone more somber. "The last one...some of our own - terrorists really - slaughtered every Neko they could find. Even skinned them alive. I can't understand why," she continued, the single light glowing under her featureless black faceplate dimming. The reaction she got from them all was not the norm.

"Schadenfreud!~" all three women chorused in unison.

"They've done such horrible things to us, and all over nothing," Sherry crossed her arms, a slight hint of anger in the redhead's voice.

"Yeah. And they enjoyed it too, I'm sure," Merry enthusiastically nodded.

"I see nothing wrong in taking a little 'Joy-Pain' from them, as our Abwehran friends would call it. After all, I think they owe a lot to just as many people considering all they've done," Berry calmly added from Richard's side. With a warm, soft arm draped around him, her body pressing closer, she smiled, "Isn't that right Richard? Nepleslia and Yamatai haven't been on entirely good terms either, and for good reason too," the womanly Freespacer pointed out, her eyes settling firmly on him.

The sound of back up arriving was music to Richard's ears, it meant he could relax, he didn't even bother to think about how they had immobilized him, he just wanted to sleep. His body allowed him the rest, but he could not get to sleep, his sense of duty wouldn't allow it. " The first thing I'm doing when this is done is getting a beer."

"Our last mission was pretty gruesome, bodies were everywhere." He worked on finishing his plate, speaking when his mouth was empty. "As for the nekos, they made their own beds. It only makes sense that so many people are pissed off at them with how they treated others." He then looked up at Berry with a smile "However, I think you look much better when you're smiling, than when you're talking about revenge."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back