• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC NSS Sledge Mama

Oh man. I forgot who told me, but I really did miss that headshot guess. a page back. At least the rifle was a flashlight against the armor's shields.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting on my post. My internet was terrible yesterday and I thought I posted before I went to work but it must have failed.

True, but I'd think the bad guys would have tried regrouping at a more defensible position before they started a room clearing operation of their own. That's why I wouldn't think we'd need to worry about the door but its a good idea, especially in this thread. You never know what's going to happen next!

While we probably should watch the door, because we moved further in the room, anything that can kill us quickly will probably make noise before it gets a good angle on us...I hope.

We got to watch the door because no matter what happens it will happen to Delmar. He's already been shot in the face and had a giant crab roll over him, he doesn't need anymore this this mission.

Lisa watched the door at start, before she went to mix up with the rest. Besdies as far as I know there was a few no-name marine with us, since the fight with the Crab, it is just that Cadet does not really mention them, until he need to describe some gruesome death. Besides we are just people and not trained soldiers so we really cannot think about every bloody thing.

I think cadet studies everything everyone posted to find holes in our defenses no matter how small just to he can do something to us or try to flatten us with magic creatures.

Maaaaaybe.

In all honesty though, if you were making an attack, wouldn't you exploit any holes you saw? It's the same for the enemy, and that's something that most RP's omit, simply having them act like dumb mooks. That's just something I refuse to do here. I want to show the enemy in their prime, and if I have to reduce their numbers or weaken them with wounds to make sure you guys stand a chance, I'll do that too. Besides, even if they do exploit any weaknesses you got, if you compensate for them well enough, you're very likely to get out of it unscathed.

Anyways! This was your first introduction into one of the setting's most unique elements - Kaserine! The nanotech based drug comes in four varieties, ranging from pink, blue, white to purple. Pink turns any gender into girls, blue into boys and white cures it all. Meanwhile, Purple Kaserine...well, I won't go there. Also note, I'm not using the grenades in that article; they're a crap design, and they had to have replaced them with one that makes sense by now!

I think cadet studies everything everyone posted to find holes in our defenses no matter how small just to he can do something to us or try to flatten us with magic creatures.
That's what being a GM is all about. While I'm still adapting to Cadet's GMing style I have to admit its gives the writers plenty of time to discuss possible issues and edit before the plot advances. A good way of doing things. As far as holes in defenses go I used to play airsoft and I would build and lead small teams to strike at any gap in defenses. If I were GMing... Well, let's just say you'd want some seasoning. There's also a lot of coin flipping involved so even if you play your cards right you may just get shot anyway. So, yeah. Cadet's pretty nice. I just don't always agree with his logic. ;)

He's making sure that everyone learns something. Now when Mark gets back to the ship he needs to read hostage negotiation for dummies just so no one gets free plastic surgery everything he tries to do things the nice way.

@CadetNewb which cell are the prisoners in. Delmar was set to break for the nearest cell on the right and was nearby the prisoners before launch so he'd be in the back of the corridor

RPG-D RPGfix
Back