• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC NSS Sledge Mama

The walls aren't hollow because Yamatai doesn't make their ships that way. They're at a tech level where the entire climate control system could be a tiny box the size of a burger in the corner of the room. It doesn't matter, the walls aren't hollow because they don't need to be.

Don't particularly care about that, to be perfectly honest. What you know about technology and science in real life has literally NOTHING to do with what you know about how such things work in SARP. We use metamaterials that are literally impossible, power sources that can't exist, and fight non-existent creatures. Why you think something that is true irl means it's true here is beyond me.

Wow that was some sillyness going on there. You guys already got the answer, can't go through brig walls but other walls you can go through. Means walls outside the brig are penetrate able, weather it's because they're hollow or just thin. And chances are any ship uses an altering system between hollow and non hollow walls. Like the reactor room probably has solid walls, while cabins have hollow insulated ones. Want to talk about the value of intelligence in an RP, realize using only 1 system is flawed and that you pick and choose your pieces that best fit the need when you have unlimited resources like almost every nation does here.

Also almsot all the ships run on nearly unlimited power supplies. So the excuse "It's inefficient" is meaningless. Power armors are inefficient, send in the super advanced robots the setting has. Speaking is inefficient, use the telepathy the setting has available. Physical projectiles are inefficient, use lasers.

While yes there is supposed to be some level of science behind everything that is made in the RP, that is only for deciding possibility not practicality. Things can be made as practical or impractical as the maker/GMs want.

There you go. I edited to floor for the marysuetopians amoung us. FYI I never said he was cutting through the wall.

You tried to cut into it though. Even if the wall was hollow normally, you are in the brig, makes sense that those walls are probably even blast proof. Nothing wrong with your idea if it was somewhere else, but it was the brig and GM said no, so there's no more to it.

It's the brig. I'd hope the people putting them in there don't lock them up with plasma cutters. Its space so we shouldn't have to worry about people using spoons to dig tunnels. All things considered, if your fingernail can't scratch it and your fist can't dent it the prisoner isn't going anywhere.

There are models of Neko that had built in weapons I believe. There's also other races like the HSC with claws. Then there's just general super strength. And cybernetic implants or concealed weapons. And if anything it being space is -more- of a reason to not want to let things out of the brig, because you're isolated. But you're really underestimating the power of a single infantry in this setting. It's hard to notice because all the power armor and stuff. NH33 Tenyou can carry 250kg and still function, and they're from what i heard, -weaker- than the NH29s that the NMX had to deal with. They also have reinforced skeletons. NH33 Eihei can carry 1 metric ton, have natural 'armor' and the ability to reshape their body somewhat, so yeah I could see them generating enough force to break through metals that aren't like ship hull class. Which would mean you wouldn't be able to cut through it either.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:nh-33_special_abilities

I'm sorry @Aendri I was under the impression that this was a quality roleplay site that valued intelligence and 3 dimensional settings.

Dear Rizzo, if you came here just to argue about every little thing then you came to wrong place. Also if you cannot behave and keep comment like that to yourself, then be so kind and sod off.

Ok. I've had a cold for the past few days, and I'm surprised at what happened while I was in the dumps.

@ShotJon - the ceiling is abut 3 meters in height, and likely a little less to save space.

@Rizzo - Look, that was uncalled for. It's ok to ask if you don't think a setting element is right, and I'll take my time to discuss it with you or anyone else or even revise my action if I'm in the wrong, but there's no need to passive-aggressively insult the other players, their intelligence and the site's RP quality. Though I'll always do my best to keep things grounded in reality, this is still science Fiction. And a Roleplay on top of that - we're here to write a story with each other, essentially playing a game with each one another, and have fun, not debate every single discrepancy to get the best outcome possible for our characters. Pointing out discrepancies is good, and something I appreciate, but not when it is taken the point that things become unsporting, unfun and unsociable.

And @Dragonnova , @Koenig808 , @Aendri and everyone else that stepped in to talk things out while I was out, thank you.

@Compouds117 - what cell is he in? I was counting from the ones beside Ylfa being the first, and the ones by the entrance being the 9th - going off of this, is he that far forward at the 7th, or were you counting from the entrance towards Ylfa so he's actually at the 3rd set of cells. And his he on the left or right? I will be posting today, so I'd like to know before I come back to do so - I just need to take care of various things first on my end. If I don't get an answer, I may either assume he's practically a cell over from the Mishhu, or write him as being closer to the squad depending on what I come up with.

He went down the hall about half way before the grenade went off and when the door started being hit he dove into a cell on the left. I estimated it would be about the sixth cell from Ylfa, placing him in the 6th cell from the left.

Alright then. I'm not up to 100% yet, but I hope the post covers everything guys - give me a heads up in here right away if that's not the case.

Just read, wont be able to post till I wake up but Rich is in some trouble...hmm that's gonna be a difficult one to work with. Just to be clear, the fuel is burning away, but there is no current danger of a meltdown, and once the timer is up the suit will just shut down due to having no fuel right?

Well Mark has his suicide missiles armed but I doubt it would help in this situation to blow himself up along with the mishu. I absolutely want to throw the helmet at him though, If only I was stupid enough to do it.

Yeah, Richard's in no danger - it's just that his back armor has taken some damage, and he's got a hydrogen fire going on. If it weren't for the contaminants in the air and the damaged tank itself, the fire would be invisible. But that's not the case here. Speaking of contaminants in the air, Mark can still throw the helmet at the Mishhu, but only if he wants to get a lot more curvy and end up with some Double D's. Ylfa did yell at him for a reason though - keep what she said in mind if you can't find your own solution out of this.

Since you mention the missiles though, he can fire them at this range, but how much they damage him is directly proportional to how many he shoots in the first place.

I've got an idea in my head to buy Richard some more time...do all the Hostiles have the observation probe, or just Ylfa's? Since it's an unnecessary piece of equipment? Also if someone looked around the cells, would they be able to see paneling? Or does it all appear to be one giant sheet of metal? Was gonna ask last night but I blue screened while talking to you on IRC.

@Syaoran - unless your character took some with him, he won't have any. Surprisingly, your marine's chief concern is not getting killed by the squids or worse. The countdown timer includes the rate of fuel leaking out of the suit too, so stopping the leak isn't the largest priority. Ending the fight before his suit's reactor shuts down and switches to its backup capacitors (without shields) is the bigger issue.

I figured as much. Just if he had one of the drones, he could rip a sheet of metal up and use the drone to weld it to massively slow down the leak probably long enough to find a downed marine and take his fuel canister. But yeah if no drone I'll have to end the fight and get someone else to do the welding.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…