• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC NSS Sledge Mama

How urgent is the hand wound? I'd hate for Mark to bleed out in the middle of something important. Also, those were his favorite fingers by the way and this simulation just won't be the same without them.

Last edited:
Oh darn, I forgot that. The Daisies are about 100 meters north of Delta, but with the explosion, they're simply not shooting anymore. Also, if you don't get the clue that I left behind, go ahead and ask me PM and I'll tell you, just to be sure I'm not spoiling it for anyone that does want to figure it out. As for Mark's fingers, he's not going to bleed out. He's hurting, there's blood everywhere, but the nuclear blast overtaking his armor (without rattling it too much at all) and the Sylph about to stab him in the back like a spy are both larger concerns.

I think Terrence is SOL at this point. Last time someone in this plot rushed something in Cadet's control with a melee weapon it didn't go too well.

1) Is your character a Neko?
2) Is it a Tentacle Monster that's being fought?

If you marked No to both of the above, your character has a fair chance to both stay alive and win. : P

I don't know why, but I felt the incredible urge to link this. :P Maybe the Yummies and Neps remind me of the Cold War... And Rocky Balboa, as it were.

I always imagine rebooting processes involving DOS scripts on the viewing portion. I don't know why, it just seems cooler.

Shadow it's okay by the way, everything seems to remind me of Rocky.

YES! DOS!

That'd be an utterly hilarious thing to see in the setting, along with blue screens of death even. Anyways, I'll be posting later today guys. Still, I had asked earlier what everyone had thought of the sheer size of the posts I'm making at this point. I didn't expect them to get this large, but I don't know how else to address everyone. Any advice? I'm glad to see everyone sort of adopt putting in which fireteam they're in at the beginning of their posts too.

I think post size is just fine personally. They're big, but if we're pressed for time since the squads are labeled we can easily move to the portion from our squad and read it. Besides it's not like we're just standing in straight lines shooting. So there really isn't a way to explain and respond to everything without getting big. There's what almost 10 marines on the field?

All marines are combat effective until 1) They run out of ammo or 2) they run out of ammo or 3) they walk into a lonely Neko's room. Wait, no. The marine would still be 'combat effective' at that last one. Scratch that. Well, except for Terrance it seems. Seriously though, it's theoretically possible for, say, a Hostile to lose all limbs and essentially Black Knight it from there. The shoulder mounted lasers are still of some use. However, if he's a "Stick" in Mechwarior terminology, he'd still have those calf launchers.

Anyways, I'll be honest. I was sorta dragging my feet and dreading to make the post due to sheer size, but it doesn't seem to be too bad. Don't get me wrong, being a GM is still a daunting task though. I got to make sure to organize the players (you guys) into proper groups and coordinate them, manage the enemies from their own perspective, make sure to provide enough tactical info (damage and terrain) and so forth. What I'm getting at is, I'm likely to drop something here or there from time to time, so make sure to tell me if you think I did.

I keep thinking of Mark as combat ineffective because his weapon is a tiny pistol and some missiles. If he had a proper gun my tune would be a lot different.

Well I think you're doing great. I think once we started labelling ourselves, we did rather well. I'll make a suggestion, Richard and myself will be Delta Bravo, while the other team should be Delta-Alpha. Just so you know who is going where. I'm guessing my suit passed its weapons check. Damn shame we didn't get to kill everyone else. I'm guessing Swayer didn't fire anymore nukes because he couldn't see anyone.

@compounds117 you can still fight, there is probably an LASR or something on the ground for you to pick up. Or you could just bash them in the face. HAHAHA

I tried that once and no matter what Cadet has said about it, I am in no way trying that again. I'll just go all James Bond on them with my pistol and sling rockets around.

A good a plan as any. The large, lumbering PA may hinder you a bit, but James Bond is with you in spirit. Maybe he'll use his ethereal Force abilities to silence any noise. (And your fucking respirator.)

God that was a really dick move by Leonel and here this whole time Mark had been a dick to people earlier on the ship, but this just blows him out of the water.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back