• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC NSS Sledge Mama

So you're suggesting I have Mark go for it. I think this is going to go just wonderful or he is going to die. I'm starting to like both options but perhaps a better plan is in order.

I think maybe if anyone with a 50mm is behind it they should probably take a few shots at the chain gun. Of all the gear it has that one is what's really keeping people pinned down.

Really close, but not quite. There are ways to take it down, but you guys gotta figure it out. However, I'm actually starting to get worried here. If you guys shoot ideas off in the OOC like Syaoran and Compouds did, I'll give you clues, hints and advice. But if you're really not making any headway, I'll just straight up tell you.

@Compouds117 I just realized/remembered - it has six limbs, with another pair of normal arms in the front. If you try and slide under it, it may grab you at least, and at worse, punch you in the balls. At best, you'll pull it off, but the odds are slim.

I am a bit new here to be a co-GM.

I am kind of 'trying' to write a couple stories of my own I hope to get published one day, But I still need to get a feel for how people run things here. Also my spelling is terrible.

All those deployable's sound pretty cool. I like the idea of being able to hole up in an area and make it a no go zone for enemy troops.

By the way speaking of drone turret dort of things, does neplaslia have combat drones, and suits designed to control several of them at once? I'm talking something similar to a sylph wing pack but, more of a nepleslia feeling thing.

Well, I'm toying around with several ideas, and am actually thinking of something that's thrown like an axe, but will latch to the surface and deploy that way. The 'handle' would actually be the barrel and all that. Against competent enemies, they'd be destroyed pretty quickly, but they'd be cheap and it'd be easy to get more anytime you resupply. Just getting a shot off when defending or doing an ambush would help, with follow-up rounds being a bonus.

However, a heavier, portable death-machine may be more to people's liking. Especially if there's an option for it being remote controlled.

Time to see what the dice say. XD

Also, updated the status; what's interesting is that rifle ammo seems to go by really fast, but everyone hangs on to their cannon shells like gold.

HAH! oh man, I don't think this will end well for Mark. He is sliding under the spider fron the front, even if he makes it by virtue of what seems like terrible luck for the whole group all around turning into four leaf clovers, he still has to deal with the package of despair Quentin tossed at the spider.

I kind of wish i brought a guass cannon instead, the aether isn't as effective in atmosphere!

But didn't the coutner attack form the cats teleporting in happen aroudn the same time the atmosphere got pumped back in? atmosphere and teleportation don't mix I thought. Like a dirty bomb.

Won't end well? This isn't even the worst plan he's had this mission. Earlier he threw people at the robots and he's definitely survived more than a couple of explosives. If he does die though, it's going to be very interesting and once again viking funeral. Or more than likely a doggy bag.

Damn notice system. It really doesn't always tell you if someone posted or not.

Teleportation still works if there's atmosphere; it's just that the event creates a local blast or explosion as the air is shunted away. Getting tele-spliced into an object though, is still a risk. No comment on Mark's outcome yet though.

Well, yes but im saying that I've heard its like a dirty bomb. it lets off heat, sound, and radiation.

edit: when teleporting in atmosphere. At least from what i've heard.

Last edited:
Of course Compouds.

And not quite Wyld. XD

I don't know how much you know, so I'll assume you only know a little bit. Conventional plastic explosives will release heat, sound and radiation as well for an example. It's more a matter of what kind of radiation, and if it'll linger. A nuke gives off radiation during the initial blast - a very powerful pulse - but that's done and over with very quickly. Afterwards, the residual radiation is actually given off by its remaining uranium/plutonium and the various byproducts such as a particularly nasty isotope of iodine that's radioactive. That stuff is what we call 'fallout', which is basically radioactive dust. Dirty bombs are just nukes that are either very inefficient with their fission reaction, have a casing of something nasty to spread around or both.

Pure Fusion nukes are considered the holy grail of firepower right now because of all this nastiness, but currently, we only have Fission initiated Fusion nukes IRL. Basically, using the force of a crude nuke to set off the reaction of a cleaner, more efficient and powerful nuke.

Teleportaiton, meanwhile, only produces heat, sound and radiation like a small mini-fusion nuke going off. That is, none of that radioactive dust and just the heat, sound, radiation and small EMP. Very small to the point it's comparable to a handheld explosive. The portrayal varies however, with it sometimes being enough to knock people over, or not.

Here's something even more confusing but true; radiation is all part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Same with visible light.

Yeah I understand radiation (somewhat). It was mostly an RP somewhere around here where somone said to somone else that they couldn't just teleport back into their ship to stage a rescue becuase it would be like setting of a dirty bomb in their own ship, that made me question this.

I think the circumstances were something about teleporting into the armory/PA bay (maybe) but i don't remember the RP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back