• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC NSS Sledge Mama

Going to be moving into my new place tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to post on a regular basis. But in the meantime I won't have the net in my apartment. So I'll have to leech of the complex's clubhouse wifi.

@Centurion0507 @HAMnJAM @Syaoran @SirSPT @Talonis Wolf @Soresu @Compouds117 @Gallant

Ok, I just brainstormed with some people, and we realized something; we're not being clear enough and should probably state some of the hard facts after the posts. Right now, your suit energy barriers are online, and the sensor suite is functional. Though the marines have their helmets off to track her visually, there's a backup HUD that would have showed your characters that the suits were back online. My fault for not going through with the Hostile article update and overhaul. Because of all this, yes, if you put your helmets back on, you can actually scan for Jerry proper, as well as Miss Sniper too.

^ Yes, there are still useful things that you can do.

We had just overlooked outlining them for a couple posts for some reason.

Durp.

@Centurion0507 @HAMnJAM @Syaoran @SirSPT @Talonis Wolf @Soresu @Compouds117 @Gallant

Make the call! Did your character have the helmet on, or get it on in time? Did they plug their ears? That rocket is not ear friendly! It hates your ears! Perhaps just as importantly though, the clock directions are only assuming if you were facing the control booth Alexis is in. It's just being used as a squad point of reference, while your character can be facing any direction.

The rest of the team is not going to leave me intact after my LAOW blunder, are they... I have a feeling once this is all over I'm going to have to lay low for awhile.

Well, Jamie is a hot head. And now partially deaf for a while. There is a reason in the real militaries that we call backblast, they can deafen and kill. Stripe did the rookie jump thing, Jamie did that too. Except his arm went missing.

Quick question: how many shots does the LAOW have, and can I reload it? I realized I should have used it to make an opening to we could move to a place that hasn't been set up as a death trap by our enemies.

The LAOW is a single shot disposable weapon, just like the LAAW it's based off of. Unless he's got one more with him....it's time to grab the charges and det cord.

Jaime is beginning to be able to hear yelling, and will probably be okay. He's kinda frenzied at the moment between shell shock and the thought that they are tired, running down on ammo and facing up against a boss.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back