• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: OIF Atuan [OIF Atuan] Episode 2: Repo Squad.

Re: Episode 2: Repo Squad.

Taela let a hint of a smile show to her friend and led the way to the nearest elevator. It came with a map of the current floor displayed on a small screen above the buttons, thankfully, so it made finding the Wardroom that much easier. Once the doors closed, the Neko turned to her friend.

"Yoshi-san, what is the matter? I know it has something to do with Oyu, but I haven't figured anything else out." She queried, cocking her head. "You can confide in me, I assure you."

Yoshiko didn't look at Taela, and seemed to be ignoring her as they rode in the elevator. After a second or two, which felt like an eternity to her, she relented, "Taela? Can I ask you something? Why did you leave the Star Army?" The Ex-Neko didn't turn to look at the Neko directly, but still watched her from the corner of the eye, her gaze a little hazy from thought. "What did they treat you as?"

Kelly sighed, prosthetic hand rubbing his temples as the Nepleslian headed out of the two hangars that took up most of the available space on the Atuan, heading to the wardroom so that he could write up this mission's report... and enjoy a glass of wine. It wasn't a good glass of scotch or whiskey, but it just so happened to be the one thing that every origin vessel was assured to have. It'd have to tide him over at least until the ship returned to Dawn Station, though thankfully that wouldn't take that long.

Sitting down, in the wardroom, Kelly set down the piece of paper Arah had given him. Starting to write, he got distracted. "Hmm. Arah and Meena do seem pretty cute. Meena does seem a bit shy though, but I guess that might have something to do with Yoshiko pushing me into her. Hmm, on the subject of Yoshiko, I think that I might've told her what happened to Oyu in the wrong manner, she seems to be all depressed now. I'll have to find a way to cheer her up when we return to Dawn, though Taela seems to be trying. Bless that girl, she's trying her hardest to make up for my bluntness. Lucien, he seems alright. I'll have to put him through some trials when I have the time, but at least we have a replacement for Oyu."

As the Atuan jumped into hyperspace, leaving behind the war torn planet of Kennewes, Kelly sighed again. "This was a good mission, after all is said and done. While we did loose Oyu, we got Lucien, and now I know that my pilots are good. We can finally replace their Ashigaru with the new models."

Taela looked off into the distance for a moment, concentrating her thoughts. When her attention finally returned, they had reached the floor with the wardroom.
As the doors opened, she finally replied, "I didn't leave. I was paid out of my service to join Origin. Most likely under a several year contract - a test subject for future SA purchases. To be honest, they treated me like just another recruit. And I didn't care. I just didn't give a damn about anything. I just sort of felt like it was a one-track road, you know? Military service, maybe death, maybe full life. I was just sort of there."

"Just. There?" the Ex-Neko asked in a questioning tone. "Just there." Yoshiko mused over Taela's words for a moment and finally made up her mind. "Well, I'm glad you're not bothered. I mean, I'm not bothered by the fact that it looks like we're cannon fodder that's easily replaced, no matter where we go! Nope! Not at all! It doesn't look like Oyu got replaced in a blink of an eye by a random guy we picked up at all! This doesn't suggest you or I can be replaced like girls being pumped out of ships to die! Nuh-uh!" she cheerily replied, a large, happy smile on her face. Yoshiko stood there as the elevator slowed to a stop, and suddenly took in a sharp breath of surprise, quickly covering her mouth with both hands. She honestly didn't even realize what came out of her mouth until a good 5 seconds had elapsed.

"Look, I'm gonna say this once and once only - Nobody would be able to replace you. Maybe your piloting abilities, but not the personality you bring." Taela sighed. She then bopped her companion on the nose. "Now then. I believe that we have some wine to drink, yes? I'm not gonna stop until you get smiley again."
The Neko then took Yoshi by the hand and pulled her down to the wardroom, beginning a the first 'night' of friendship between the two.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back