• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: OIF Atuan [OIF Atuan] Episode 6: Once More With Feeling

Re: Episode 6: Once More With Feeling

Lucien, who'd more or less had his fill of drinks for the night (that is, roughly eight or ten drinks of no particular standard), he didn't really feel like any more, otherwise he might throw up. Sure, his alcohol tolerance was robust, but he wasn't invincible.

"Aye mate," He slurred to Kelly in reply, "Ish good stuff, 'sphechally the mint flavoured," He then tapped an empty glass to his chinfluff in half-drunk contemplation, drawing from experience, "But - it comes in many flavours, I've seen orange, cookie and raspberry Schnapps a'fore."

He then shrugged, "It's fine by itself, ain't gonna do much unless ya drink the entire bottle."

Screw it all.

Kelly simply couldn't resist the urge to be as hammy as possible when Victoria jabbed at him.

"Challenge accepted!" the dark skinned Nepleslian spoke aloud, standing up upon the declaration. The team leader knocked back the whole serving of peppermint schnapps, shaking his head as the hot mint washed down his throat. He could feel a wintery breeze as he exhaled and breathed. It was refreshingly different from the norm. "Damn. That was good." he spoke with a hint of surprise.

Of course, this wasn't the only thing that was surprising; Taela's own news about the ship and it's AI was unexpected as well, and it roused his curiosity. "Taela, just who tol - " he stopped mid sentence as Lucien explained what the schnapps would do. Kelly couldn't help but smirk. The info could wait!

"Hell, I'll be the judge of that." Kelly remarked, ordering an entire bottle of the crystal liquor. As the bottle arrived, the man stood proudly, gesturing to the bottle.

"How much do you guys think I can take on huh?"

"Whatever. It's not a contest, man." Mark was already helping himself to Kelly's bottle of schnapps and ordering a few brats of his own. He smiled again at the Abwheran waiter and raised the cutomary thumb and forefinger to symbolize that he wanted two to start with.

"Zwei braten, Kellner! Und der süße honig-senf, bitte." The former reporter belted out in Abwheran. He was showing off his intergalactic relations skills with a coy smile. He lent back in his seat and swallowed a beer with the idle casualty of a foreman pressing a switch at a factory.

Taela had planned on ignoring Kelly at the time being, anyways, so his cut-off was simply just saving both of them the trouble of having to deal with eachother. Her bratwurst. had arrived, after all, and there was nothing that was going to stop her from eating it.

Chrys downed another beer. She felt nice now, this was just what she needed. It was also great that Kelly finally stoped being tense. "Well schnaps is not really strong drink you know. You should drink absinth for strong. So I think you can take a lot of schnapps." She said smiling at him, while she ordered another beer.

Lucien couldn't help but smile towards Kelly, "Lis'en, mate, I doubt ye got the fortitude to stomach the whole bottle in one go mate. I could do it easy if I 'adn't been drinkin' the rest of the night!"

There was a grain or two of truth hiding somewhere in the Scotsman's slurred statement. He didn't know how much of a drinker Kelly was, but if he was a lightweight, he'd probably be knocked on his ass, assuming he'd been drinking the rest of the night too.

"Trus' me mate, alcohol 'n I 'ave had plenty 'o time to get acquainted," He almost sounded a bit resentful of his own failing, but there was little else that made the pain fade, "So wotch yerself!"

"Hey, where's the fun in that Mark?" Kelly replied to the Man. As the former journalist finished making his order though, the cute Abwehran waitress flashed an equally coy smile at him, most likely taken a little by surprise at his set of marks and numerous piercings. Needless to say, she came back promptly with his order.

Kelly nodded at Victoria enthusiastically as she pointed out it may take a bit more than a bit of the Schnapps to do something. "Hey, why would that be a bad thing Vic? This stuff tastes great!" As Lucien spoke up, Kelly brightened up as well. "There we go Lucien! Now its sounding more like a challenge. I never drank this stuff before, so I want to find my limits with it the best way possible!"

"Bottoms up!" the Ensign cheered.

By the time the Ensign had a difficult time keeping his balance, Yoshiko stopped her laughing long enough to look at a message she just received; they were needed. The ex-neko immediately sprung to life and got up onto her feet in a lively rush. "Guysguysguys, we're gonna launch! The new ship, this is going to be its maiden voyage, so we gotta dress nice!"

"And Kelly, put your pants back on!"

Dawn Station
Sector Seven
Atuan II, Bridge

"Dismissed." Kelly ordered, dispelling the assembled Frame Test Team from their parade rest on the bridge. They had all been there for the fateful moment their new ship detached from the station and left the protetive docks of Sector Seven. Now, now they were bound straight for the heart of the theives who stole form Origin. "So it was HIGA Corporation huh?"

"Yeah, now that we know just who those jerks are, we'll cream them!" Yoshiko spoke up enthusiastically by Kelly's side.

"Um, yeah. Hey, Yoshiko, could you, uh, stop propping me up? I think I can walk on my own now." the Ensign sheepishly asked the perky frame pilot. During the entire embarking of the ship, Yoshiko had stood close enough to sneak a hand up his back to hold him up; he was still a bit tipsy from the Schnapps, and wasn't able to stand without wobbling on his own.

"Sure!" Kelly promptly landed with a thud when she let go "Aww, c'mon Kelly, up and at them! Once more, with feeling!"

EPISODE 6: END

RPG-D RPGfix
Back