• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: OIF Atuan [OIF Atuan Prelude] Episode 0: The SS Atuan

Re: [Prelude] Episode 0: The SS Atuan

"Aw, you didn't say that Zenny! And I thought we might have had a rogue on our hands or something." Yoshiko spoke, sounding slightly let down. "Captain! Thank you for having me aboard!" she smiled with a childish glee, shaking Arah's hand vigorously. "I greatly look forward to working along side you. Ah. If you don't mind, I'm going to put my things away." she spoke quickly. Her movements were just as quick and deft as her words. Sadly, her overall balance was not as...refined, and she slipped on a puddle of Zenny's blood. "Ow. That hurt. Huh? I have blood on me...oh god blood! I'm bleeding! Help!" she cried out. Tears were welling up in her eyes, and she was quickly starting to panic. It wouldn't be the last of Yoshiko's misfortunes either.

"You Okay?" Arah asked from her chair, turning to look at Yoshiko, looking as if she almost might get up, but finally settling back into the chair. "Oh, that's this moron's" She said, indicating that the blood belonged to Zenny. "Go inside and get cleaned up, there's only a couple more people before we have to go" the Captain muttered, looking bored.

Shinji made his way into the barracks, noting the girl sitting on a bunk in the rear portion of the room. He tipped his bag onto a bed and padded over to the dark-skinned Meena. "So, watcha up ta? You anotha Pilot Or sumthin?"

"Huh?" Yoshiko asked, genuinely bewildered. She had blood on her and the captain wasn't even...moron? Yoshiko looked over to Zenny, and his now clotted up nose. And then herself. It was Zenny's blood. "Eh. Excuse me then Captain." she sheepishly replied, making sure to not make eye contact with Zenny. As 'awesome' as he came off at first, tripping in a man's blood didn't do well for first impressions. Nope. Not at all.

A little tired and scared from her bloody experience, Yoshiko briskly walked right into the barracks and picked out a bunk right in the middle, not even noticing the other two present. She quickly wiped off the blood on her, and stripped of her clothing faster than most people would think possible. And got dressed in a fresh uniform just as unnaturally fast. As she finished adjusting her collar, she looked around and saw the other two. One, the man from before that didn't introduce himself, and another she just met, resting on another bunk. "Eep! I mean, hi!" She squeaked, embarrassed again. "Uh. You two were there the whole time? Umm. Hi...I'm Yoshiko. Sss-sorry about that!" Her face flushed a furious red; things just weren't going well today.

"Hm?" Meena sat up, looking up at the man who approached her. "Yup, I'm a pilot and I'm just waiting for...." She trailed off as she watched a blood-covered woman come in and change her clothes. "Uh, anyway, I'm just waiting for us to start, as well as avoiding that insane person... what was his name... Zenny."

"Yoshiko, nothing to be sorry about. It's nothing I haven't seen before. Oh, and I'm Meena. Nice to meet you two." Well, it appeared they had, in addition to an insane and bloody fool, they had someone who was a serious ditz.

Shinji had kept intent on Meena, and didn't even notice Yoshiko until she had spoken, so the klutz was lucky in that regard. "Aww, Yeah, Names. Fuggat about that. M'name's Shinji Inakura, and I'm your local Demo expert" Shinji introduced himself to the two women at once, before looking at Yoshiko's chosen bunk.

"Umm... I think ya picked one on the guy's side, there's a foldin' partition thas' supposed to come in soon, accordin' ta tha Cap'n, so Ya might wanna move over a bit." He explained, pointing a couple beds over, where there appeared to be a line on the ground as denotations for now.

"Oh. I didn't notice that, thanks!" she replied gratefully, moving her duffel over. "Well, I'm assuming you two are crew." she spoke, putting her hand on the back of her head. "If that's right, than what positions are you guys holding? I'm one of the test pilots for the new units." She briefly put a finger up to her lips, and added on, "Regardless, it's nice to meet you two!"

"I'm a test pilot too," Meena responded. "And Shinji... don't blow us all up! I think we'll have enough problems as it is with almost being blown up." After a bit of thought, Meena looked to Yoshiko. "I assume that that wasn't your blood on those clothes, right? Did Zenny bleed all over you?"

Zenny breathed. Zenny blinked. Zenny breathed some more, but did not blink.

"You lose a few brain cells with the blood there?" Arah asked Zenny, as a few regular crewers began to file towards the ship, holding their duffels full of gear. They stared at Zenny as he stood there, looking like an injured nincompoop, and walked past, shaking their heads, before making their way to the barracks room, finding bunks of there own.

"I won't blow no one up; Once is enough, thank you very much." Shinji said, looking hurt by Meena's words, before turning back to Yoshiko. "I'ma pilot too, I'll be testing out heavy weaponry and support pieces, apparently, so I shouldn't be in your way."

"Oh no. Wweellll...kinda. I tripped over my feet and landed hard, and when I looked, I was covered in blood. I kinda panicked, but then I realized the Captain wasn't really worried. And then there was Zenny standing there. Bleeding. I just excused myself to go change." Yoshiko elaborated, touching the points of her index fingers together. As cool as he came off at first, he now thoroughly seemed insane to her. At the very lest, they seemed sane. Or were they? It would just be her luck to end up the first one killed...

"It's great to know you guys have my back, considering how, um, unique Zenny is. But where's this Ged exactly? Wait, hold on..." Yoshiko's little mind flashed back to her encounter before entering the ship. And the thumbs up that could not be un-seen. She visibly flinched, frowned, the edge of her lip and eye quivering at the idea of where she got the information...Zenny. "It's only been a little bit since meeting Zenny, but I already feel so...dirty learning something from him..." She shook herself to get rid of the foul feeling, and spoke to the ceiling, loudly, brightening up. "Hi Ged!"

One crew member, however, did not file past Zenny and instead, walked right up to him. A gunny sack was thrown over her shoulder, which was bare due to the unbuttoned Yamataian print shirt she wore barely hanging off of her arms. Luckily, a black sports bra keept her modesty in tact. She slipped on foot out of her flip-flop sandals and scratched the back of her ankle with it. High water pants and a pair of sunglasses sitting uselessly atop her short mop of brown hair completed her outfit. She stared at Zenny, looking him over and assessing him.

"Can't even wear a uniform properly?" she asked, nearly spitting as she spoke at him, rather than to the guy. "Naa, naa. Nice bone structure. Stop slouching. You're a test pilot, right? Eyes look good. Green. At least you're wearing the hat." Whoever she was, she was starting to sound like she was mumbling now more than anything else. "Everyone has to wear the hat. This is some clay they've got to work with. Need to mold you all into--" She kept on, as she walked circles around him, as if to inspect him as his suitability.

Flopping on her shirt was a clip-on badge indicating that whoever she was, she wasn't an Origin employee exactly, but an outside contractor.

Meena winced. "Sorry Shinji. I didn't really mean it like that." She bit her lip. "Really, I didn't know...."

"Yoshiko, what did you learn from him? Why does it make you feel dirty?" Meena was a bit confused. She half tried to change the subject, toi avoid hurting Shinji anymore. But, she was afraid it would make things worse.

Zenny gave a grin at the undue attention he was finally receiving. He folded his arms confidently, chuckling slightly. One hand rose to his chin, the other one supporting his elbow. Continuing to smile with some odd sense of satisfaction, Zenny closed his eyes and spoke.

It would also be noted that, at this time, Zenny was attempting to look as statuesque as possible.

"Why, yes, I do work out. I don't believe we've met, madame. My name is Zenny Ontarius, Awesome Ace Giant Robot Pilot. And just what might I have the privilege of calling you?"

The woman grinned and gave the heroic awesome ace giant robot pilot a hardy slap on the back. "Good show, young man. Zenny Onmarius is a very suitable name for a hero. Perhaps you'll do fine." She grinned, showing off her pearly whites and tilted her head slightly so her sunglasses fell down over her eyes. "I'm Linda Fark. Superstar Communications Operations Manager and Technician. Here's my business card." Though, a card was not what she gave the young man. A soft pat on his bum, however, was.

"See what I said! Hero material right here!" the outside contractor said with a laugh before further assaulting Zenny by pinching his cheek. "You're cute, boy. Here, carry this to my room for me." Linda hefted her gunny sack from over her shoulder and thrust it into Zenny's arms. "Naa, naa. Be a dear and show me my superstar-quality quarters on this fine ship."

"You're both in the barracks. Linda's on the girl's side, Zenny on the Guy's side. Now get inside, we're leaving soon." Arah said, leaning back in her chair so it creaked a bit. She looked as bored as ever, however.

Leaving so soon, in fact, that Arah had time for another nap.

Zenny winked playfully as the woman gave his rear a feel. "Yes indeed, Miss Superstar Communications Manager. Rest assured, I operate the complete package!" His confidence levels now thoroughly bolstered, Zenny grabbed up the hefty gunnysack, heaving it up into the air, and catching it on his shoulder. He wobbled slightly, having nearly dislocated his shoulder, but just as quickly recovered, any pain felt being evaporated by his Action Hero Smile.

At Arah's words, Zenny grinned once more. "Our tyrannous employers, it would seem, are indifferent to the esteemed status-" At this point, he fanned his spare elbow out, so as to properly frame a shot of Ace Pilot Zenny and Superstar Linda for a self-imagined movie camera. "Of those considerate enough to undertake their Awesome Giant Robot Mission for them. Of course," Zenny said in a slightly lower tone, glancing sideways at Arah, "I hear Miss Arah's cabin has room to spare." A hint of Romeo was detectable in his voice as he said this, though by no means was he forgetting his chances with the rest of the fairer members of the crew.

"Well, to be honest, I came looking for both Captain Arah AND Ged. But of course I didn't see Ged. And then I had a little flashback right here about some of the stuff Zenny said and kinda put the clues together." Now that she thought of it, shouldn't she have heard from Ged by now? He didn't so much as even give a 'Hello' back to her yet. "Hey, technically, aren't we in Ged right now?" she asked. Yoshiko put her finger to her lips, diving deeper into thought...wasn't it supposed to be the other way around? Yoshiko's face turned a cherry red as she shook her head back and forward, "No, no, no, no, no, no!" she repetitively said to herself, eyes clamped shut. 'Maybe I shouldn't think so hard...'

"You are not Inside me, you are inside the Atuan. I am mereley the computer, but please, continue thinking that way. I hear they might give me a body soon~" a disembodied voice spoke to Yoshiko. It was none other than Ged, which the jovial voice clearly belonged to. Just afterward, other crew began filtering into the room, filling it with the buzzing of light talking.

Shinji placed a hand over his face, and shook his head "Oi, Ged's a bit crazy, too."

Arah stood up and stretched, as a couple last crew members made their way to the ship, carrying between them what appeared to be a large, thick sheet that was rolled up, as well as a couple of long Durandium pipes to mount it on. This was obviously the divide for the room. Arah watched the two with the divider walk inside.

Arah then proceeded to shoo the two retards into the ship, citing it was "time to get underway"

"What!?" the Communcations Technician's large cat-like ears twitched as she heard the captain's announcement. "I've gotta stay in the barracks like a common-- common-- Naa-- Commoner?" She stomped a sandaled foot onto the ground, but hurried inside the ship afterward just the same. Getting left behind was much worse than having to sleep in a communal area. "What sort of rinky-dink froot loop operation is this? I heard Origin Industries was a little more-- you know-- up with current technologies. Like, living arrangements." She huffed and puffed some more, but Zenny's good deed did not go unnoticed.

"Thanks, hon. Young and strong. Yummay." Linda told him as she came up behind the guy and wrapped her arms around his neck and over his shoulder, pressing her chest into his back as she pointed toward one of the beds. "Put it over there, that's a superstar resting place if I ever saw one, doncha' think?"

Meena blinked for a moment. "...Really? You guys actually thought that far? You're all perverts!" she said, giggling a little. "I'm sure Yoshiko and Ged will have plenty of fun together. Just keep it private at least wait until Ged has a body Yoshiko." She then gave an innocent smile.

"Shinji, I think we're all a little bit crazy. Even if it's just because we're choosing to stay on a ship with so many other crazy people."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back