• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

On FCP

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Uso has ever said to me has been critisism after critisism like my bloody mum why can't he just shut up and leave me alone, i get enough of this kind of bullshit at school, i don't need it here aswell

For Christ's sake, Luke, please shut up. This thread is not about you and Zack. PM him if you want to continue your argument.

Derran, I know you've already commented on this, but in an attempt to get this thread back on course, I'll ask: is there any way to do anything with this concept (FCP), or should it be abandoned?

Well I don't think that the FCP is workable unless the concept behind the weapon is reworked. Once a resonable way of the weapon working is fleshed out then the small stuff can quickly be adapted for that.

I motion Luke be silenced for a while.

In other news, I think the FCP shouldn't be used at all. There are more then enough weapons that do the same thing it does, and they require less leaps of fantasy and logic to understand.

Indeed, I believe that Zack said "Stop trying to make a revolutionary weapon every day and just wait for it to come to you." It'd be up to Thomas, but as he hasn't responded to this thread, talking about the FCP, I think he's already moved on.

I think it was Snibble and Luke who used the FCP in RP. You two should have realized that it wasn't in use, or at least that debate was still going on about it. I know that this topic pretty much died, but since there was no conclusion, it should have been seen as still up in the air. Luckily, it was nothing major. You can act like your characters never had one, and maybe edit the FCP out and put a standard issue weapon in place. Normally I wouldn't say to edit anything, and it shouldn't be done, but since your characters are carrying around weapons that don't exist, it's an exception. Should the FCP be reworked and accepted, you can go on and put it back, I guess. I'm in no place to order you around, and this isn't an order, just a suggestion to avoid confusion.

Well Wes said it was fine so i thought it was fine to use, and actually it was me, snibble, sypher and Thomas (Zalweke)

(is that spelt right?)

Actually, he only said it once. And he did not specifically say it was approved for use in game, he just said "It's good!"

Thomas, you used it in RP even after we started this thread? If you didn't notice, Wes basically agreed with Derran that it was unworkable, but he was trying to find a way to work it. Now you should either try and respond to what's been said in this thread or just give it up.

Well, poor Thomas is about at his wits end trying to make this thing workable, and I want to see it be successful, too. So, how can we tweak this design so it's functional?

Wes said this on the first page of this thread. But I agree with Yangfan, we could go on like this forever, so we should just wait until Wes clarifies what he meant.

It's good for IC use. If we can find a better way to achieve the same desired effects that makes more scientific sense, though, I'm all for it.

Technically, scientists have begun to isolate the sub-subatomic particles that interact on an even more basic level than to protons, electrons and neutrons and that they believe are the direct causes of the nuclear "forces", through an almost gravitic sort of effect. So, if you perhaps wanted to specify that you bombard an area with a specific type of quark until the atoms of a certain target begin to dissocciate... It would be a reletively slow-acting weapon, but the damage would be akin to a fast acting acid eating the target, only leaving no visible residue.

breaking down a proton, electron, or neutron would require a massive amount of energy, more than you could produce with a pistol.

Uhm, we can already do it with a machine no bigger than a normal atom splitter. I would presume with the usual size reduction of technology that we could split 'em with a small device sometime soonish, and, if not, we can always split them and store the particles in electromagnetic stasis in a "magazine" for the weapon.

Atom splitters are large machines, and in that case we are talking about breaking only a few particals apart. That is hardly the ammount needed to create a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back