• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

So if it controlled the body of somebody recently deceased, would it still give way to thermal vision? Or does the parasite somehow heat the body to normal levels in that instance?

Okay, so I really don't know for sure how this thermal vision/parasite thing works. But would you guys like me to make a call for consistency's sake?

Also, I have managed to secure commissioned arts. They'll arrive within a month. Piority will be given to players who do not have character art for any of their PCs.

Ironically enough, I was just about to ask about the artwork deal. Now I have nothing to post. Bummer :?

Titus Brutus said:
Ironically enough, I was just about to ask about the artwork deal. Now I have nothing to post. Bummer :?

Any of you with free time can go update your character wikis. It'll help with the selection and drawing a lot.

I liked Cyber's solution to the problem, but that works just fine for me. And Fian, I like my manly commission for Harrison plenty enough.

Parasites are COLDER than the average (living) human due to its bug-like nature. However it does emit heat which allows it to be detected through clothing worn by the victim.

Parasites can only infect the recently dead if they have been dead for under five minutes.

All infected are clumsy for thirty minutes, after that the parasite takes full control and the zombie will fuction as it were uninfected, but loyal to the NMX.

The parasite will remain latched onto their hosts for three days before it fully transfers its consciousness to the victim, in which it then its husk falls off.

They latch on to their hosts at the following locations. They can be seen if latched on outside the host's body unless obscured by clothing.

Popular points of ejection are the middle of the back, the base of the skull, behind the shoulder blade, inside a limb, or in the stomach or genital area of the vicitm.

So, does that mean that the group art for the greenhorns has been cancelled/delayed?

Way to ignore the Master Chief's advice during Special Training to go after the Commander first as so to reduce the Slaves from intelligent drones to reckless meleers. Your deaths will be slow and painful.

So, does that mean that the group art for the greenhorns has been cancelled/delayed?
I realized mid-progress that my MSPaint skill wasn't good enough. Sorry. But in return for a little more time you get something better.

Fian said:
Way to ignore the Master Chief's advice during Special Training to go after the Commander first as so to reduce the Slaves from intelligent drones to reckless meleers. Your deaths will be slow and painful..
CARP!

Fian said:
I realized mid-progress that my MSPaint skill wasn't good enough. Sorry. But in return for a little more time you get something better.
I see, kewl.

Anselm's run-in with a commander-type should have been warning enough...

>>

<<

Seriously, he lost an arm to kill the thing.

EDIT: oh man, is it annoying to sift through the previous missions to write a proper summary of Anselm's accomplishments.

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
oh man, is it annoying to sift through the previous missions to write a proper summary of Anselm's accomplishments.
I learned after the first two missions to ALWAYS update after we close a mission. Otherwise you get lost without the information still fresh in your mind.

*Cryotank opens and out steps a bleary eyed ID-SOL*

Yaaaawn.

How's it going Acadia folks? Guess who's got two thumbs and is back in business?

This guy.

...OAO What is that reference?

RESEARCH!!!

Apparently the joke is all over the place, I distinctly remember seeing a truely epic example recently, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…