Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Im pretty sure Luca told me he'd be covering left hallway. So Luca is covering Left, Talbain right, 2 original dead pirates (one to the left of the staircase opening, one in front) and the third being shot down in the left corridor.

This being all witnessed from your character's POV.

Blackbird Lore said:
Demonblooded said:
Second one definitely sounding like the go to option. I'd like to avoid LFL situations.
LFL?

Lemon-flavored Lollipops. Don't ask, because I only know sparse details and even then my brain has to be tanked in mind bleach for 18 hours out of the day.

A little documentary for benefit (or detriment!) for the new guys.

Lemon Flavored Lollipop(s?) was a Joint Post done during the heydays of the NSS Alliance. The JP was intended to be an April Fools joke, parodying the neko lesbian orgies on Yamataian plotships. Participants as far as I remember were FVS(Fian), Rico(Moonman), Adrian(Subliminal), Benji(Cant remember the player's name), Istval(or something like that, played by Le Blue Dude). Moral support was provided by the Freespacer faction creator Jess.

(Highlight to view the sordid details.)
It starts in the Bunks with Rico Sanroma doing the Yaranaika: Undressing himself while seated in a relaxed position, then asking the shocked and puzzled FVS if he wishes to 'Do it'. Between then and the conclusion is various acts of debauchery performed by the other marines, most notably Benji and Istval whose adventures were presented in a detailed and graphic manner. It ends with Adrian surprise injecting FVS with an overdose of the drug Vigour (A reference to a then recent IC event), the namesake of the sordid event is derived from the candy which FVS's little sister likes, something Rico's member looked like to the intoxicated FVS as he went down on his best buddy.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the few forum moves between then and now resulted in the loss of the post to the interwebs. Some of the participants (like Leblue) and first hand readers (like Jess and FM) have already left the site. LFL is now generally used as an euphemism for gay sex.

Gonna wash my keyboard now.

This little IRC chat sums up the situation nicely.

23:33 Fian Cyber, the Alder is knee deep in shit, and Acadia is being engaged without its Aether cannon and the Brit-I mean Mishus are coming.
23:34 Fian Marine and pirate sashimi is being prepared in the hangar bay
23:34 Demonblooded Also our current captain is known for getting his ass kicked while driving H-Rays.
23:34 Cy83r_score maybe we negotiate with the pirates
23:34 Cy83r_score "Help us and you get to live"
23:35 Demonblooded I think that's worth mentioning.
23:35 Cy83r_score FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
23:35 Cy83r_score hot damn this is going to be fun
23:35 Fian Also, the EMP pulse is wearing off, the shield bubble of the Emden has regenerated.
23:36 Cy83r_score worst part is none of our characters know about the Mishu yet
23:36 Fian Yep.
23:36 Fian Also, I might have to talk to Sub because I forgot his team is on the Alder.
23:36 Cy83r_score I we're FUBAR

EDIT: Forgot to add that the wounded and Power Armorless won't be able to make the trip back to the Acadia if they were to abandon the Emden.

Also: I know Kampfer sent Weynolt elsewhere, but I can't think of anything satisfactory to do elsewhere. I hope you are willing to overlook that.

Gary, not to be rude or anything, but look at the other posts, and think about the tense they are all written in. then look at yours.

Please start writing in past tense.

kai said:
Gary, not to be rude or anything, but look at the other posts, and think about the tense they are all written in. then look at yours.

Please start writing in past tense.

I could hear "Koroem" in my head reading the battle scenes, both with Epsilon and Gamma.

Then I heard "Yakety Sax" when Gary started running around kicking in hydraulic doors.

Killed. The. Mood.

Okay guys, I'm sorry for not responding earlier, but now that Second Trimester is over, I can get back into it. Expect a post from me soon if someone fills me in.

nonplanar faces... pole vector constraints... nurbs circles... the horror...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back