Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

*Indifferent shrug* Go ahead, I don't mind. If you've got someone willing to do arts an' stuff for us, let him/her go ahead and do arts an' stuff for us.

Anyways, sorry about the delay.

Quick technical question: if the doors in the ship corridors slide shut, and are locked by a keypad, how would one go about kicking in or breaking down the doors to clear out the rooms? Seems like kicking it hard enough would simply cause it to jam. If you destroyed the keypad, would the doors default to open?

I'm just trying to figure out how to start clearing out the rooms.

Hmm you're right, sliding doors can't be simply kicked or blown away.

How about assuming that there is this device that you plant on the furthermost side of the door, when then drills itself into the thickness of the door and then explodes, sending the door sliding into its recess and momentarily stunning those on the other side. About the size of a normal grenade.

A... "Breeching Device?"

I was hoping Gamma would have been equipped with breaching charges or something, but it would have to be just enough to blow the door and not accidentally punch a hole in the ship's hull.

Sounds good to me.

cyborgakadjmoose said:
I was hoping Gamma would have been equipped with breaching charges or something, but it would have to be just enough to blow the door and not accidentally punch a hole in the ship's hull.

Sounds good to me.

Hulls rated to take IDR 25+ damage should be able to weather any infantry-portable weapons you might be packing, even the HPAR can't penetrate ship armor (at least not without expending all 700 coins into a single section of hull to do a mesely 1~2 SDR).

Summary: don't worry about knocking a hole in the ship, you can't. (not without equipment designed to do so on infantry scale, that is...)

Fian said:
Hmm you're right, sliding doors can't be simply kicked or blown away.

How about assuming that there is this device that you plant on the furthermost side of the door, when then drills itself into the thickness of the door and then explodes, sending the door sliding into its recess and momentarily stunning those on the other side. About the size of a normal grenade.

A... "Breeching Device?"

Inverted Jaws of Life that open outwards instead of closing inwards. Slide the jaws between the doors, hit go and hold on tight.

Demonblooded said:
Hacking the control mechanism. 24 hour shift is tiring.

Probably the most likely option. Why not just split into two fireteams, one hits the bridge and gets the door controls so team two can hit the rooms one at a time without worrying about anyone else popping out behind them with nasty surprises?

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
Hulls rated to take IDR 25+ damage should be able to weather any infantry-portable weapons you might be packing, even the HPAR can't penetrate ship armor (at least not without expending all 700 coins into a single section of hull to do a mesely 1~2 SDR).

I don't think the corridor walls are anywhere near as armoured as the outer platings.

The corridor is not the hull though... oh, I see they could blast through at the team if they wanted... still better then them having actual line of sight ot you.

Fian said:
Meanwhile...
I have a bad feeling about this...

Mishus?! Peter's lips were a thin line across his face, this had galaxy sized implications, but most importantly that of the mission.
Aww-

"Captain, another contact!" The SO's fingers were flying all over the interface. "FTL speed, approaching from the southwest, it will be caught in our interdiction field at point Z15 to our left in fifteen seconds!"
-SH-

"... And keep trying!" He yelled at his Communication's Officer, who had just started to turn his head to say that the MC was unreachable.
-IT.

Cipher said:
Harrison's totally getting sucked into space if the Mishhu cause a hull breach. Not gonna die, but still getting sucked into space.
Although most, if not all of Gamma would be dead if a hull breach occured in the wrong area. Hopefully they'll be far enough in the ship that enough emergency doors would protect them...

Blackbird Lore said:
But honestly: if you didn't see it coming, see me in private and I'll be sure to knock some sense into ye.

Actually I didn't plan for this either, until Wes-I mean the Mishus started their attack.

Demonblooded said:
Well Talbain is in some shite. His ride got scrapped.
Well if you don't mind a tight squeeze, Kingston 'n 'Bain could get chummy.

....OR you could kick a lot of ass and take control of ship. Yeah, I definitely suggest the second one.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back