Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
Fian said:
Everything but the new Aggressor part.

Wait, what? So, I'm supposed to go into battle with one arm hanging out? Or do I get another arm jury-rigged or something?

I am now very confused.

EDIT: Strike that, confusion alleviated, Anselm is piloting a new armor, carrying two PAL cases with reloads (I assume sometihing like 4 extra magazines, though it's probably going to be limited to 2).

I was about to say "Ran Rui did it in the Kennewes Invasion. I was there. So YOU CAN DO IT TOO."

For character development purposes, any of you have anything specific in mind to happen to your character?

If we know what it is, we can move towards that direction in-RP.

Fian said:
For character development purposes, any of you have anything specific in mind to happen to your character?

If we know what it is, we can move towards that direction in-RP.
Moar win.
But that's more a group thing, I suppose...

...Unless everyone else dies, but that's a rather anti-developmental path, I think.

Note: From Keladrian's post onwards, Combat Posting mode is now ON for the non-powerplant team.

You only get one post per cycle to state your movements and/or attacks. You only control your own character and can only 'try to' perform actions with the exception of movement while not targeted or under fire, it is up to the GM to determine if it succeeds or not. Damage dealt and received will be described and recorded by the GM but keeping track of remaining ammo is the player's responsibility.

For examples of combat posting, refer to any of the shooty bits in Mission 1 Side A: "High and Dry Over Golding".

Extra note: As a GM character the MC is exempted from this rule. So there.

Shot, I found the following in one of the old threads.

The recoil of the Plasma Artillery Launcher caused Harrison's suit to slide back a few inches, regardless of his magnetic boots. The Crooked Demon took a small forward leap from its current position, something not followed by one of the Dark Demons at it's side which was promptly melted as it was engulfed by the exploding plasma ball. In retaliation the CD fired its own recoilless shoulder mounted aether cannons, the beam landing just in front of the trench throwing up pieces of space station and creating a foxhole wide enough to accommodate a Power Armor.

So yeah, while it is not in the tech article, there is precedence of it being used in RP. It exists.

Heh keeping track of ammo. No problem except with HPAR. That baby has 700 rounds and rps is not stated in wiki........
Plus I am not sure how many magazines does normally Hostiel equipped with this gun has.

Errr, sorry to only say this after you have posted, but C-Man, I've planned something inside the power-plant. I'll have to invalidate your post.

Brand's character is outside the powerplant, could you meet up with him first, and then I'll turn on combat mode when you guys get the door open?

"Aye, firing." Harrison grunted. He looked at the crater where the drone had exploded and quickly crunched some numbers in his head. He raised his PAL and fired two shots. The first went too far and impacted on the far side, raising a bit of dust and a loud explosion, but the second one rang true. It fell straight into the center of the crater and exploded.

Harrison grinned. "Target down," the ex-merc said triumphantly. Just in case, he fired two more PAL rounds into the crater.

Oi oi oi Cipher, combat mode.

Also, you can only fire the PAL once per round. (I'm even considering once every two rounds, taking into account how destructive that weapon is)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back