Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

To the powerplant team, I 'll let you guys free reign with a few exceptions.

The rooms leading off the long hall is considered Combat Mode zone. Everywhere else including the lift and the areas below are empty of both squids and people, living or dead alike.

Remember your characters are not supposed to know that the GM is behaving suspiciously as to these Combat Mode zone rooms, but they might infer something from Avel's suspicious behaviour.

Fian said:
To the powerplant team, I 'll let you guys free reign with a few exceptions.

The rooms leading off the long hall is considered Combat Mode zone. Everywhere else including the lift and the areas below are empty of both squids and people, living or dead alike.

Remember your characters are not supposed to know that the GM is behaving suspiciously as to these Combat Mode zone rooms, but they might infer something from Avel's suspicious behaviour.

I am involuntarilly befuddled as to this pattern of words.

Cy83r K0rp53 said:

If I understand the gist of it: C-man's post (Click if you'd like to) was rather God-Moddish (No offense C-Man) so in order to rectify this and to refrain from making him re-write it, Fian decided that the first couple of rooms are Non-Combat Zone, and are in-fact devoid of all life, human and squid alike.

This being said, your characters must assume that every room contains a possible threat, and should treat them accordingly. Basically, be suspicious, but don't know why you're being suspicious.

Keladrian Santhis said:
Cy83r K0rp53 said:

If I understand the gist of it: C-man's post (Click if you'd like to) was rather God-Moddish (No offense C-Man) so in order to rectify this and to refrain from making him re-write it, Fian decided that the first couple of rooms are Non-Combat Zone, and are in-fact devoid of all life, human and squid alike.

This being said, your characters must assume that every room contains a possible threat, and should treat them accordingly. Basically, be suspicious, but don't know why you're being suspicious.

I REALLY don't know why I'm being suspicious, but everything tangible tells me I should be. Me and Anselm are pretty much in sychronous perception right now.

Until he gets actual names, Ezra will be calling Avel Hoss (since she's piloting a Hostile) and Anselm Aggie (since he's in an Aggressor).

Unless I'm mistaken, so far you've only referred to each other by name over in-suit comm channels.

ShotJon said:
I wonder. Would it be posibble for Hostile to take up AMP? it is hand-held after all.

The AMP is designed specifically for the Agg, means it'll probably be too large or too heavy for the Hostile. Try using it if you like.

Fian said:
ShotJon said:
I wonder. Would it be posibble for Hostile to take up AMP? it is hand-held after all.

The AMP is designed specifically for the Agg, means it'll probably be too large or too heavy for the Hostile. Try using it if you like.

Nha I was just curious since it is hand-held. Alex is medic she can't run around with guns this big, that would be crazy. But it is a food for a thought. Hostile with a really big gun :J

Probably one of the few things I like about Starcraft is the Music.
Go searching for "Terran 3", and listen it whilst you do you next few posts for this mission. It's Space Texas, which by extension means Nepleslia!
I dunno, it makes the experience feel as though the team is in a Turn-Based Strategy game against the Mishhu/Zerg.
Frankly I'd be up against Zerg since they have no concept of Power Armour, and are therefore much squishier.

I've heard that the music for Starcraft 2 is also pretty spiffy. Yet to check it out though.

Luca said:
Probably one of the few things I like about Starcraft is the Music.
Go searching for "Terran 3", and listen it whilst you do you next few posts for this mission. It's Space Texas, which by extension means Nepleslia!
I dunno, it makes the experience feel as though the team is in a Turn-Based Strategy game against the Mishhu/Zerg.
Frankly I'd be up against Zerg since they have no concept of Power Armour, and are therefore much squishier.

I've heard that the music for Starcraft 2 is also pretty spiffy. Yet to check it out though.
It's so true, good old Hicks in space. But OMG...I have waited 12 years for Starcraft II... :o

RPG-D RPGfix
Back