Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Fian said:
ShotJon said:
Question. Does Nepleslian PAs have magnetic locks? To walk on metal in space and such. It could be pretty useful in plot now.
Kinda silly not to have them, come to think of it. I always assumed they exist though they aren't mentioned in the tech articles. You have my leave to assume so too.
Was this ever added to the stats pages? If not, it needs to be.

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
Well, sorry to get your panties in a bunch, ladies, but I'm waiting for Fian to tell us what the damned reactor room looks like so we can blow the everloving hell out of it.

What? You guys do it.

The VOID's GFAM is now statted as (Per GFAM, the VOID has 2):
1. Indirect fire weapon
2. Same damage as PAL but:
3. Twice the cooldown time (2 turns)
4. Sligtly guided (Requires constant Monoeye lock, tracer or marking)
5. Interceptable.

Damage ratings so far.
ENEMIES
1. Ripper 1 and 2 (Center of battlefield, attacking Talbain)
Light shield damage, no armor damage.

2. Ripper 3 (Left flank, previously engaging Sean)
Light shield damage, medium armor damage, stunned.

3. Ripper 4 (Right flank, meleeing Keladrian)
Full shields, full armor.

4. Interceptor Ripper (Rear, intercepted Alexandra's micromissiles)
Full shields, full armor.

5. Ripper Commander (Very rear, observing)
Half shields, full armor.
FRIENDLIES
1. Keladrian Aggressor (Right flank, being meleed by Ripper 4)
Medium shield damage, light armor damage.

2. Sean Hostile (Center, moving to right flank)
Light shield damage, full armor.

3. Talbain Aggressor (Center, moving forward)
No shields, full armor.

4. Fian AIR-R (Center, cowering)
Medium shields, light armor damage.

Other friendlies are at full shields and full armor (with the exception of Phaedra, subsystem [Wings] crippled) and at the rear with exception of Harrison and Phaedra again (very rear) and Alexandra (center).

PlaidMage said:
Should I refer to Sam with male pronouns, in case someone doesn't look at her page and thinks she's a regular chick?
I think that would just cause too much confusion; I'd definitely refer to her with female pronouns. Despite how manly she may be, she is still female. But we should all be able to figure out her manliness if you take the time to describe the way she reacts differently to things.

And honestly, I'm glad you took the time to create her character page; the character bios always help me tremendously.

Glory Shots!

The trashing Ripper, the airborne Ripper and the stunned Ripper in the hole are up to be Glory Shotted. Glory shots are where a GM has given leave to have a finishing blow described (usually in a graphic and glorious manner) by the player. In short, the 'try to' rule is temporarily suspended against the indicated enemies.

Here is an example.

Demonblooded said:
Not one to waste good momentum Talbain gave a back swing with his right hand grabbing the WATER2 and dragging it along the floor as he continued boosting down the hallway.

The Jimmies could only watch as the monstrous pile of Water2 and Aggressor armors came screaming down the hall at them. At such a short distance evasion was impossible. Talbain using the Water2 as a improvised plow watched with satisfaction as sparks and Jimmy parts went everywhere The first Jimmy he had come to had practically exploded when the combined mass of the armors slammed into it. The second one fared little better being crushed under the weight of the armor and ground to pieces. Leaving a trail of twitching limbs and gouges on the floor.

He cut the booster coming to a halt and after admiring the mess he made commented into the communications channel, "I love my job." He gave the WATER2 one more good punch to the head to make sure it was down.

Also for the PowerPlant group, get the mess hall doors open, I have a surprise for you :D

Oh. Shit. Finally.

Speaking of which, my little underlings, post by 10pm tonight with any stray thoughts or words your characters have. After that time I'll make the mess hall entrance post unless one of you takes the initiative before Anselm can be a paranoid git and remind you yet again that certain death is waiting around the corner.

Okay let me think about this, I am not calling any dibs, but thinking about it so don't be mad if I will keep one of them for myself.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back