• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Bounty Hunts

Re: [OOC] Bounty Hunters At New Aio, Kohana

My character has been approved, requesting permission to enter this plot.

Oh. Hey! Welcome to the RP!

The more the merrier! About time we got a third member to the crew!

I'll pick the event that's in blue text. Do I just post or what?

Do NOT post C-man. I shall give an introductory post to you when Dimitri and Sam reach the warehouse. You will be working with two law enforcements hired by the mayor to make sure his girl is safe, the details will come when I make the post.

It may take Dimitri about one or two more posts, so I'm making a quick one for him, I haven't read Sam's post yet (although I did note it took the entire page, and my resolution is pretty big) to see if it warrants another post, but probably won't until we get to the warehouse.

I hope to wrap this up on Sunday, I'll even try being on the IRC most of the time. What I mean is we should be at the warehouse on Sunday, then we can start on the real fun!

I have an idea for after this plot (and maybe get a sub forum) is posting up missions that each player can choose. Characters can work together on certain ones while one carries on the story, missions sometimes may overlap, especially if someone is doing the story mission.

I hope this may give some individuality, while also introducing characters I should have had in the New Characters section by now.

Also I'm going to think of a money system, since if it carries on like a Star Army character you probably be too rich to be a bounty hunter after just a couple of missions lol.

Edit: C-man also make sure to edit yourself into the plot wiki if haven't done so already.

Awesome idea Scott! I'm all for that!

And as for the money, remember that not all bounty hunters spend it the same way as others do. I took a lot of inspiration on most of Cowboy Bebop's characters. I realized that the main reason why they're almost always poor is because of all the collateral damage they cause that they have to pay for, and all the repairs they end up doing on their ships. It's really just a bunch of bad luck. Not to mention whenever they fail a mission, they often still have to pay for expenses like ammunition and ship repairs even if they didn't get the bounty. To that you add Faye Valentine's constant gambling and you've got yourself a large expense.

I tried to put a bit of each of the Bebop's members' personalities into Dimitri, while still letting him have his own personality (even though there's an obvious tendency to be just like Spike Spiegel). What I took from Faye's personality were her vices.

Dimitri gambles. A lot. That wastes excess money the rest of the crew might assume they have as a surplus, only to find out it's not really there.

Well, the thing about the military is, they get all of their equipment paid for and provided by the state. For every round we fire off we have to pay for it. We have to cover all of our operating costs while a soldier gets whatever he/she needs for the job plus their guaranteed pay at the end of the week/month/etc. Now, yeah, Rin's safe return bounty is huge, but that's because it's a very high profile case. I imagine the bounties we'll be after later on will look like chump change compared to this one. Also, I was thinking I might pay for Sam's hotel room and such too. Probably 50-150 DA a night? She's pretty frugal, but, eventually, she's going to blow a heap of cash on a new airbike, heh.

As for the sub-board and chooseable missions and such, that sounds great! :D

Also, welcome, C-man!

Well, some probably throw money on fancy food or a night in a hotel, not to mention money used on missions to eat at a fancy place while chasing down a lead.

Don't get too rich now >: P

Edit: Might be tomorrow I post.

There will be three choices, each player takes one.

West Ground Entrance

North Ground Entrance

Catwalk East Entrance

North has two large gates so it's the main door that is mostly guarded, West leads to a smaller room with more options of cover, while the catwalk overlooks the main area.

There is a backroom in the lower level main room which is the objective. Good luck!

I'll let Spacebox post first... I might need the Foxgale for this one. -Tries to get the spaceship approved now-

I met pick which side yall want to approach from, C-man especially since your going to need some setup.

I think Sam will take the Catwalk, as long as she can get back to her airbike and bring her PDW to the party. Automatic weapon + the high ground = bad time for the Bad Guys. Probably going to be a day or two before I can get a post up, though, I've got lots of stuff going on in my life right now, heh.

Damn, I can create an entire roleplay forum from scratch in the time it takes you people to post a reply... Which I just did lol.

Seriously though, you guys busy or something?

Yes I am busy with stuff, making large posts like this takes time. I apologize if I have mislead you but I do post sometime within 5-7 days.

Did you just introduce my character? I'm asking so I don't post by accident and get into trouble.

Guys, I am really, really sorry I haven’t posted yet, I've been horrendously sick with the flu these past few days. I'll try to get a post up as soon as I can; I think I'm finally starting to feel a little better. I really hope I haven't held anyone up too badly.

Bah! I dunno how to go in!

I want to go in through the main gate but I wouldn't do it without some kind of back up. That's why I wanted to use the Foxgale 3! D:

I could try to get the Foxgale 3 accepted now, while I just go in on foot... we're gonna need it after the mission. Is C-Man gonna be taking the front door?

In fact, do we each have to pick one side? Can two of us go through the same place?

By the way, I think I just got one more person to join! :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back