• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Re: Cirrus Station OOC Thread

Honestly? I'm not sure. I've seen Gunnery Sgt's and Privates slug it out with no backlash. I've also seen backlash. Generally, (I'm only going from my experience as a CIV working with Marines IRL) if you enlisted...a brawl is a brawl. Enlisted vs. Officer....an issue. But again just my 0.02 cents.

Davis said:
Sooo.... Nobody considers that she was completely treasonous right there?

Well, she's a civilian contractor, not a member of the Star Military, so I'd say no...

I keep telling you, she is non-military, the only way she could commit treason, would be to be a spy. Assulting a marine would probably an Assult and battery charge, but not treason. Hell, a Marine duking it out with a marine isn't treason either.

Treason requires one to work against the sanctity of a sovereign nation.

Della said:
*poke* is anyone alive?

Nope, I'm not...just came back from the flu & a 103 fever.... I assure you I'm quite dead.

*sarcasm cause I dont feel well*

You people always scare the hell outta me when you use the Fahrenheit scale. I'm always, like, HOLY CRAP THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE before realizing that it cannot be true.

Imperial measure is woefully out of date. Yet there in one stubborn adherent.

The U.S. standard will not be abandoned in the U.S. anytime soon. It has little to do with being stubborn, its more of a defining American tradition. Plus we like being different from everybody else. It's that good ol' "I don't care what you're doing, I'm going to do it my way" attitude.

One contry requiring an entire translation page to know what the hell the rest of the world is talking about is not a "Tradition."

Lol.

Sorry to bring the topic, well, off-topic. Just to have something to talk about until Moonguy wakes up and posts.
But I was wondering: how much do you people use the Imperial System? And how many know the International System? I mean, is the International something strange and mysterious known only by a small elite and everyone uses the Imperial, or does everyone know more or less both systems but just prefers to use the Imperial out of habit?

I've heard that your streets have speed limits in miles per hour, you buy gallons of gasoline, and the weather forecast is in Fahrenheits. So the "official" system is the Imperial?

In the states, outside (most of) the technical and scientific community, the Imperial system is more or less top dog.

North of that in Canuk-land, we do things a little strange. While we're officially SI, you still see Imperial used, mostly for describing short distances when precision isn't necessary. That having been said, it's not uncommon to hear someone say something along the lines of 'the river two klicks north is about fifteen feet deep.' We're weird like that.

Very sorry fellas, real life has been hitting me hard! HARD! It's been beating me like a loving parent after I've come home saying "I think she's pregnant." That hard.

I'll give ya'll a post asap.

Scared because you use Celsius or Kelvins?

If it was Kelvins, then he was a block of ice...So I guess either way is scary.

Well, Celsius. the only time we use Kelvin here in Europe is when we're doing "SCIENCE!", mostly physics or astronomy.

I dunno, Celsius feels natural. Water freezes at 0 °C, so that's the line between "cold" and "motherfucking cold".

And water boils at 100 °C, so my grandma knows at what point the pasta is.

Also, WB Moon.

I hate being on the Trimester system. T-T

I've had finals and intense study for the past two weeks...

Tomorrow is my last final... and my birthday. Which really sucks.

Anyways. I'll try to get back into things soon.

Also, sorry for being gone.

After all that time checking to see if anything is going on here, I take a two day break and everyone decides to post!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…