• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Re: Cirrus Station OOC Thread

While he agreed with Cora about fire being a bad idea, he had to think that she was frankly too abrasive about it.

Kevyn, you mean "Serra", right? (The post before your latest one.)

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

MissingNo said:
Kevyn, you mean "Serra", right? (The post before your latest one.)

D'oh. I keep doing that. It's what I get for posting at 1 am I suppose.

Edit: Oh, and wasn't Cyril on the other side of the Shambler from the hatch? He had climbed over it to get a look at the other side. Eh, I'll run with it.

And to that same note, isn't James on the other side? Looks like Keziah just ran past him.....

I think the best way to resolve this problem is with a poke ball, does anyone have Professor Oak's number?

...you people are NOT using firearms in a place that could be full of inflammable gas, right?...

I doubt that a space station would be designed to allow large pockets of explosive gas to just sit around. There's that whole 'fire is extremely bad' thing for starters, and the potential problem of it interfering with the rather delicate balance of the life support systems.

I suspect that enough of it is vented outside to keep the gas below ignition concentration. Of course, I could be wrong. And if that's the case, we're going to find out pretty definitively soon enough.

But the fact that we didn't erupt into a ball of flame as soon as Kaziah (Or maybe Cyril, I can't remember who was first off the top of my head) fired suggests that it's not an issue.

Well, considering our rifles are mass drivers, and don't use a combustible material to fire, I figured there wouldn't be any risk of a fireball going off in Kez's face.

Really? Boy is my face red. I always got the impression that it was a weapon fired conventional caseless rounds. The article never really said what the firing mechanism was.

Yeah. I reread the article a few times before doing that post =)

Says it's a mass driver, and needs batteries for the driver part of the rifle, so I figured as long as nobody has the smart idea of shooting plasma, we're all fine for going wild.

Unfortunately, it seems that Ozzy and Cyril are using their sidearms. The conventional ammo side arms. I really hope we didn't end up killing off most of the squad her.

But then... so long as the methane levels aren't higher then what you'd find in a modern sewer, I don't think that we'll go boom. I surveyed a sewer line two years ago, and I speak from experience that there's generally not that much gas down there.

Yeah. But most of the blockage was the Shambler. Whether or not that's enough, of course, remains to be seen.

Well, from the way it's been described the shambler was behind the blockage it wasn't the blockage.

I thought it was the blockage. And I might have to reword my posts but I have Ozz using the variable weapon, his sidearm is a melee weapon which....is probably mostly useless.

EDIT: So if we are using the ceramic caseless rounds that comein bursts of 3 from our under powered weapon....I doubt there's much a chance of explosion let alone injuring the animal. Even the info on it says its not that powerful. Its probably more closely related non-lethal weapons used by police forces.

The Shambler made up most of the blockage. Now that it's gone, THAT problem is technically fixed~

And don't worry about explosions. I don't know exactly how (I'm no technician!) but I'd imagine some kind of machinery makes the pipeline less of a flammable deathtrap when some wise-guy drops a cherry-bomb in the crapper.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back