• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Re: Cirrus Station OOC Thread

Assume that it did, and I'll post a reply to it when you throw the second.

Ohi, Moon: I just noticed that i've fallen incredibly behind in reading the news, and got on par with the freespacer-yamatai war just recently.

Let's say that Dream didn't learn about that yet because most of the communications to and from the Cirrus are blocked/slowed/monitored. But she'll learn out, sooner or later (probably sooner, it's hard to keep such big news hidden)

Unless someone manages to talk her down REAL good (and I seriously doubt it), she'll want to leave immediately the Cirrus and join in the relief and rescue operations (and, possibly, even in the war, depending on how emo I'll want to make her feel at the moment).

I've been told that Jess left the site, so there'd be no one to GM, I fear... but I'm OK with Dream just leaving and not playing her for some time while she's supposedly "away" helping her own people.
And, who knows, maybe she'll get KIA somewhere, if I decide that all the stuff I'm seeing is too depressing for me to continue playing on SARP.

Obviously, if she makes up her mind, the only thing Cassefin could do to stop her is either have her shot, or tied down.

Aww man, silly Spacer-Yamatai war.

Quick! Fifty tonnes of titanium cable! Once Dream's restrained to a few bulkheads we can calm her down! =D

I really wish you wouldn't leave us Della. One thing I specifically wanted on this station was immunity to the outside forces. Unfortunately, it seems Yamatai has managed to do it, despite my wishes. It's a really horrible situation that could've been avoided very, very easily...and it wasn't, which angers me to know end, believe me.

And, at the same time, you should not compromise your character. Just know that everyone here would be overjoyed if you continued to play Dream with us.

Hey, I'm the new guy in this community, but I know I'm going to miss Dream. I was gonna ask her to give me some freespace cybernetics!

Liam said:
Aww man, silly Spacer-Yamatai war.

Quick! Fifty tonnes of titanium cable! Once Dream's restrained to a few bulkheads we can calm her down! =D

Yes, really. Please, do it, because I actually don't really want to stop playing Dream, even if it's the most reasonable and logic thing for her to do once she finds out.

So prepare the titanium cable (even normal rope is fine, Dream's by no means superpowered... she's easily the physically weakest character in the Cirrus. It's just that she doesn't know when to give up ) and think of something convincing to say her.

But, as we say here in Italy, "not every evil is out to hurt you" (which i assume is sorta like your "every cloud has a silver lining": this might also turn out to be a good roleplaying opportunity for Dream and Tweak.

On the other side, it probably means that there won't be other Freespacer PCs for a long while, probably for ever, which saddens me to no end.

Back to the actual game: I'm going to assume that Popjoy, despite all her uselessness, actually sent me some biological info on the Shambler. If she didn't, well then Dream helped herself to the database. I don't think it's super secret info, anyway.

If it is, then please correct my post or let me know.

Since Nepleslia was perhaps the closest the Freespacers had, I figured we'd more or less be taking them in, character-wise. There could be more freespacer characters, still, as long as the choice is still there.

I know spacers well, heck, I wrote some stuff on them too. I'm no Jessica, but if someone wants to make a 'spacer character I can probably help them a bit until when (if) Jessica returns.

It's just that I like them too much. They're the collectivist, communist, space hippie comic-relief race in an universe full of empires and military forces that sometimes take themselves too seriously I'd hate to see them die, because I think they add a lot to the seting.

If I decide to remain in the SARP, this will probably be the main reason.

How heavy is the Shambler? Comparatively, at least, if you don't have an absolute measurement. I'm trying to figure out if Tweak can flip it by yanking the front legs out from under it or if she can roll it up-side-down.

Why I ask these sorts of questions OOC instead of trying to perform them IC is because things like this would be apparent to my character whereas I'm working off a very incomplete picture of what she's up against : ) Thanks for bearing with me.

I want to say about the weight of perhaps an elephant. Probably more.

*checks*
*blinks*

Ooookay, no chance of that happening....brainstorming for more options.

Tweak's direct load limit is around two tons. The small Asian elephant is 3 tons, the African elephant weights in at around 6-7 tons. Plus, Tweak's in a slicked-down sewage pipe with no direct handholds.

No chance.

Double post out of necessity:

Kevyn, I'd thank you not to auto my character. I know I'm a little slow in posting, but what happens to her is still mine to write.

Tweak's not thrown off. See my post (which I was writing when yours went up).

I doubt you misread Moon's post, you just missed mine (because I was in the process of writing it).

Besides, it's just common courtesy not to say what happens to someone else's character without permission because you never know what they might have in mind. That's all I'm saying...

No, I actually did misread his post. It said Flower got thrown into the muck, but I read it as Tweak.

I realize that godmoding characters is poor manners. I just thought that the GM had decided that your character needed to take a spill.

Would've been good for Tweak too! Then she could know what it's like to be us slimy, muck-covered marines hiding in another pipe!

=D

Marine 1: She's a Neko.
Marine 2: 'ow can you tell?
Marine 1: 'cause she ain't covered in shit loik the rest 'o us.

Holy balls fellas. I leave you alone for a day and you're slapping me with a whole page of action.

Keep up the good work!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…