• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Sorry for the delay in my post fellas, I haven't forgotten about ya'll!

Expect some progression real soon, and thanks to you all who've been patient with my goofy arse.

I don't think the Wolverines are walking mechs, are they? I've been reading over the wiki for them and it seems like they're anti-gravity pods.

Clarity, please! :?

Hrm, no legs?

Shall we run and say these are modified Wolv's with legs? I think that could be way more fun than an anti-grav pod.

Huh. You know, something with the name 'Wolverine' just makes me think of a bloody great walking mecha. But yeah, it says right there 'no legs'.

I assume "axial gauge" is something used for balance like aircraft or mechs.

And yes there is a Wolverine in BattleTech.

Why am I not surprised? They have to be running out of menacing or buff sounding names for those things. I'm just waiting 'till they come up with a mech called the 'Fluffy Bunny'. It will be a hundred ton assault mech.

By the way Moon, if you don't mind me asking, how close would the controls on a Wolverine be to the sort of equipment they'd use in a ship yard?

I only called it the Wolverine because it was large, ugly and nasty in a fight if backed into a corner. In retrospect, I should have called it the Badger.

Maybe it's a puma-like vehicle?

As a guy who likes his mobile armor tanks, I'd assume it operates with one or two joysticks with a bunch of buttons. I think it's tread based too from the wiki, as far as I could tell.

Suspension-based, anti-gravity. So no terrestrial transit at all.

Besides, Dream's also managing it with her mind, so the physical controls don't matter to her or Kez.

If you want to move faster, there are also the plasma thrusters, but I don't recommend them if you're near anything particularly flammable or fragile.

And within a week, an armor submission is approved with the name 'Fluffy Bunny'. Just because it is mentioned. Watch.

As far as I can tell, nothing has been wrongly done other than stating that Wolverines have legs.

According to the wiki and Exhack's old concept art for the utitly machine, it was stricly a hovering vehicle.

Also, I would like to state my view that piloting a Wolverine and piloting Nepleslian military powered armor is a different experience. Powered armorsuits act like second skins, in a sense, while Wolverines are more along the lines of driving a bulldozer, or a crane. It's two different experiences that most people shouldn't have experience with.

I will leave the decisions to how well your characters can pilot the Wolverine, but recall back to creating your characters, and the fact that the Vehicles skill was available to them during conception. It was there for a reason. : D

Psssh. Terrestrial vehicles are stupid. Why limit yourself like that when 99,99% of the universe is space?
Or at least that's what Dream thinks about the "vehicles" skill.

Fortunately Fitz has land vehicle experience!

However it isn't needed anymore!

I should post more often >.<

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…